What's new

Eurofighter ahead in IAF deal set to pip $10bn deal

I already know this im just pointing out about the weakness of the design in the f18 s/h and what Australia thinks of them
Hi Ajay -

I dont want to comment on who is superior, a Flanker or a Hornet. But hornets can out perform many of our regional fighters when clubbed with MKIs. But according to you not alone they can. True. But we also have MKIs.

so think what the combo will do. one true air superiority fighter with bomb trucks.

Hi Ajay -

I dont want to comment on who is superior, a Flanker or a Hornet. But hornets can out perform many of our regional fighters when clubbed with MKIs. But according to you not alone they can. True. But we also have MKIs.

so think what the combo will do. one true air superiority fighter with bomb trucks.

Hi there dash,

Yes when it comes to A2G the f18 s/h is superior i guess it just comes down to what the IAF wants but the design of the plane is quite old and was one initially for the US navy some feel the Eurofighter is not needed in the MRCA due to being quite similar to the MKI but I feel it would complement IAF's existing fleet quite well.

Hi Ajay -

ACM wants a fleet full of Air-superiority fighter jets..So, say bye-bye to bomb trucks..:D

ACM wants a fleet full of Air-superiority fighter jets..So, say bye-bye to bomb trucks..:D
Hehe.....Jhaji, Bad ACM doesnt know what is air warefare:D

or do I smell the "grand mother of all scandals":) for the mother of all deals??

By the way if you look at the MRCA fighters then there are more bomb trucks than Air-superiority fighter jets.

Last edited:

or do I smell the "grand mother of all scandals":) for the mother of all deals??

By the way if you look at the MRCA fighters then there are more bomb trucks than Air-superiority fighter jets.
i dont know wats the problem with Gripen ???

if its engines are american ... than thr are american components in typhoon and rafale also ... we can put engines from europe in gripen ... and getting 50 or so on europian engine we can install kaveri afterwards ...

its stupid to get typhoon or rafale ... who offer just minor advantages over gripen and almost double the price ... tell me one thing ... a Meteor missile fired from gripen and guided from AWACS wont be of same effect as rafale or typhhon firing same missile under AWACS

Do u mean to say that Air chief Marshal Knows less about air warfare than Armchair Generals on this Forum:D:blink:

While u are right that Apart from Eurofighter Typhoon and Mig35 , none of the other fighters are true Air Superiority
In same manner as T3 Typhoon is adequately capable as a ground attack platform , in the same manner Super Hornet is decent in Air superiority role , however Rafale is Better at Air superiority than Super Hornet ,while being inferior to typhoon in that area

However i want Either of Rafale and Super Hornet to win the mmrca , becoz we will have 270 Su30 MKI and 250-300 PAKFA/FGFA in air superiority role, thats 500+ fighters in air superiority role , while LCA will do the role of interceptor currently being performed by Mig21 Bison
My main concern is our Ground attack Fleet which is rapidly ageing
Currently we have 285 Fighters in that role , comprising Jaguars , Mig27 ,Mirage2000 . This number will decline to 135 in 2022 unless a capable ground attack aircraft is chosen for the mmrca

U cannot count on Typhoon to fullfill that role unless T3 Typhoon is really as good as they claim
People can check mmrca Sticky for a nice little article regarding Troubles facing RAF regarding T1 Typhoon:no::eek::eek::cry:

Is the Euro Fighter a 4th generation aircraft. I've head it cannot compete with the Chinese J-20 nor can it compete with the F-2 and F-35.

Is the Euro Fighter a 4th generation aircraft. I've head it cannot compete with the Chinese J-20 nor can it compete with the F-2 and F-35.

My chinese Brotheren , Fighter Classifications are different Between West and China , since china began developing military aircraft much later than the west
A fighter Classified as a 5th gen fighter in west like F-22 or the JSF F35 , is classified as 4th gen fighter in china like the J20
Thats coz china does not include propeller driven aircraft in there classification since they never made such aircraft

As per Western Classification Eurofighter is Classified as a 4++ Gen Fighter or a 4.5+ Geb fighter

:cheesy: :cheesy: its a 4.5 gen aircraft and chinese j20 is not yet out only made its first flight how can you compare these 2 jets :hang2:

Even i would like to have a fleet full of Air-superiority fighters armed with K-100,Meteor and Python-5 ..For bombing purpose A couple squads of Su-34 can be raised..But thats my wish and i dont know $Hit about air warfare..:lol:

U cannot count on Typhoon to fullfill that role unless T3 Typhoon is really as good as they claim
Yeah you are right about this. My favorite is Typhoon but i said so because of what the eurofighter consortium are claiming. They will also add aesa and thrust vectoring to T3 Typhoon for India.

Apart from this i can only see Rafale as the truly multi role fighter. I hope we make a choice between these two because lets be honest, whatever advantages are there of F18, we won't get any beneficial tech transfer from US. This problem will not be there in Eurofighter and Rafale.

Yeah you are right about this. My favorite is Typhoon but i said so because of what the eurofighter consortium are claiming. They will also add aesa and thrust vectoring to T3 Typhoon for India.

Apart from this i can only see Rafale as the truly multi role fighter. I hope we make a choice between these two because lets be honest, whatever advantages are there of F18, we won't get any beneficial tech transfer from US. This problem will not be there in Eurofighter and Rafale.

They claim they can add TVC if a customer pays for the integration, but the partners so far don't seem to have interest on it and moreover, AESA and TVC won't make it mulit role capable!
Where the EF lacks, are A2G weapons and the neccesary weapon stations to carry heavy weapons, or fuel tanks for deep penetration strikes. Only with this changes, the EF will be truely a multi role fighter comparable to Rafale, F16IN and even the F18SH, but these changes are not cleared yet and could be delayed for later upgrades.

In A2A, it is undeniably the, or one of the best fighters, but when you look at costs vs multi role capabilities, it dramatically falls short and that's why it was not shortlisted in so many competitions (Brazil was the latest example).

http://logisticsweek.com/feature/2010/07/eurofighter-typhoon-to-display-agile-multi-role-capability-at-farnborough-international/

IPA 5 will fly with all 13 hard points occupied in a full swing-role configuration, including four Paveway II laser guided bombs, 3 fuel tanks, four AMRAAMs (Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missiles) and two ASRAAMs (Advanced Short Range Air-to-Air Missiles) and will highlight to the trade and public visitors that the Typhoon is agile, regardless of weapon load, pulling up to an impressive 5.5g and in excess of 20 degrees angle of attack.

Most air displays are achieved by reducing fuel and weapon loads, however with this display, IPA 5 demonstrates significant weapon carriage and manoeuvrability whilst still being able to demonstrate carefree handling for the pilot.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom