What's new

Eurofighter ahead in IAF deal set to pip $10bn deal

superhornet is superior and costs only half as much

i smell some corrupt backroom deals going on

after doing political lobbying for getting deal by Obama now america has also started lobbying in defence forums for its fighters in MMRCA using people like you?????

does pentagon pay you for pitching american fighters in MMRCA?
i have never seen you posting anything more than pitching for f 18 an f 16. if you have something to discuss then bring it to table or else keep out. we know what is good for us and what is not. Our MoD will decide which is best suitable fighter for IAF.

The accurate of this report is questionable. But if it is true, then India has decided to go from 2.5% GDP military spending up to 3.5% or 4% GDP military spending.
And this is based on ???/

And this is based on ???/
Eurofighter costs 3x more than the cheap contenders like Mig-35. Then there is the cost of maintenance and spare parts which is going to be "the gift that keeps on giving."

Also I noticed that IAF is not too happy about LCA as if LCA totally fails their requirements. They already adjusted their requirements for LCA upwards many times. And now they are still not happy.

If India goes this route it shows that its strategic intention is to seek parity with China at all costs to the economy. And this "parity" is a moving target because China's progress is far faster than New Delhi expected.

So it's basically going to spend itself into the ground just like USSR. Nice! :china:

Will the assembly line be included in 10billion?

Yes , it will be included , but i think the final price of 126 fighters will be 12 Billion USD if Typhoon is Chosen

Well official Shortlist will be announced in Feb , my guess is that it will include Typhoon , Rafale , F/A18 or Gripen
Final contract will be signed in june 2011 , with deliveries begining in 2014 , First SQD will be complete by 2015

Just a summery of earlier reports (EF and Rafale leading), if at all and especially these parts are not really reliable:

Only Gripen C/D was fielded in all tests and it is more than doubtful that IAF pilots were impressed by it's performance, compared to such powerful fighters like the EF, Rafale, or the F16.
Also Mig 35 was fielded in the trials with modified Mig 29K/KUB versions, so that's also doesn't make much sense.

I thought they brought the NG in trials in Leh and it did very wll in the cold climate

Eurofighter costs 3x more than the cheap contenders like Mig-35. Then there is the cost of maintenance and spare parts which is going to be "the gift that keeps on giving."

Also I noticed that IAF is not too happy about LCA as if LCA totally fails their requirements. They already adjusted their requirements for LCA upwards many times. And now they are still not happy.

If India goes this route it shows that its strategic intention is to seek parity with China at all costs to the economy. And this "parity" is a moving target because China's progress is far faster than New Delhi expected.

So it's basically going to spend itself into the ground just like USSR. Nice! :china:

India only spends 2.6 % of its GDP on defence

Well Mr Hong, it's China that is going to collapse like USSR because both of them follow the outdated system of governance by the communist party which mainly consists of corrupt and inefficient leaders.:usflag::lol:

The accurate of this report is questionable. But if it is true, then India has decided to go from 2.5% GDP military spending up to 3.5% or 4% GDP military spending. It is ready to spend itself into the ground to beef itself up against perceived threats from China. (China spends at 1.5% to 2%.) Perhaps J-20 has something to do with its perceptions.

In any case, increase spending just means India will have even more domestic problems when economic crisis hits as Haq's Musing has pointed out.

O GREAT HONG WU ,THOU WISDOM AMAZES ME

Actually the amount of 10 Billion is spread over 7 yrs of Induction , It will not be paid imidiately after signing the contract
To clear ur doubt , India' defence budget will not increase at the same pace as economic growth , last year defence budget increase by 4 %compared to economic growth of 7.4%
This year too defence budget is expected to increase by 6% compared to GDP Growth rate of 8.9%

By the way i would not take Riaz Haqs vomit too seriously
Since he has predicted an economic crash in India in next financial year , while much more learned people like World Bank and IMF chief have predicted a Slowdown in economy with Growth rate slowing down to 8.1 % compared to 8.9 % in 2010
as GOI withdraws the stimulus package

This is the economic crash predicted by Riaz Haq

Pakistan faced the economic and Balance of Payment Crises becoz its Foreign Reserves stood at 5 Billion USD COMPARED TO External Debt of 45 BILLION USD , in 2008
Compared to that Indian For

Why are you guys opening new threads again and again with the same speculative articles that has been going on and on?

If you cannot lessen our frustration at the never ending saga of MMRCA, at least stick to the same STICKY thread please.

Pakistan faced the economic and Balance of Payment Crises becoz its Foreign Reserves stood at 5 Billion USD COMPARED TO External Debt of 45 BILLION USD , in 2008

poutgual , greece & spain......

who will now bail out pakistan..?

Actually the amount of 10 Billion is spread over 7 yrs of Induction , It will not be paid imidiately after signing the contract
To clear ur doubt , India' defence budget will not increase at the same pace as economic growth , last year defence budget increase by 4 %compared to economic growth of 7.4%
This year too defence budget is expected to increase by 6% compared to GDP Growth rate of 8.9%

By the way i would not take Riaz Haqs vomit too seriously
Since he has predicted an economic crash in India in next financial year , while much more learned people like World Bank and IMF chief have predicted a Slowdown in economy with Growth rate slowing down to 8.1 % compared to 8.9 % in 2010
as GOI withdraws the stimulus package

This is the economic crash predicted by Riaz Haq

Compared to that Indian For

Well recently IMF predicted nearly 9% percent growth for the Indian economy for this fiscal:cool:

I won't believe a single report until an OFFICIAL announcement is made.

one must remember eurojet, MRTT tanker deals.

Buddy, but we won't be paying this whole money all together. Also its true our defense budget is increasing and it would increase but by how much, for that we have to wait for budget.

"At all cost to economy", its not true. Right now the strategy is to be able to defend ourself in case of any attack from China and Pakistan.

So it's basically going to spend itself into the ground just like USSR. Nice
If we go by that way, then you should start worrying.

:) :)

who will now bail out pakistan..?
Uncle Sam and Dragon Aunty.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom