What's new

EU presidency reconsidering China arms embargo

:) I understand you had to write these two lines here. I undetstand how you possibily could feel with this development. :pop: And out of 800 words, you only sighted "USA/India" to comment back ;). Relax you will get you are bound to get.

I underlined only one line coz this is where India was inserted. The thread is not related to India.

I am ready to face the reverse. We call it "what you sow...."
Anyways, no more offtopic comments from my side. Thanks.

15 years ago I would be jumping in joy.

Right now, I don't really give a damn. China needs its own mature military-industrial complex, and these embargos have only sped up China's own domestic R&D. With planes like the J-10A/B, and new hardware such as the J-XX, 052D, Y-20, and WZ-10 on the horizon, the EU's position is irrelavent.

I think its intentional - so china would get European /US based radars into its military which will be easier to crack and bug with virus and to intercept communication vs 100% chinese system which US/EU has no information about

Also China is 100% independent ... its alot scarier thought then being some what dependent on EU technologies

I can see it now James bond in China , trying to open a door , in chinese text he puts his British , card into the lock , and he can't open the door different software /os technology oh damn James bond is dead or captured

Also US can't buy EU items now , as its BROKE ... EU needs new customer for its R&D projects

To be frank - CHINA at this stage does not even need anything .. it has every thing alredy and we are lucky to be China's most trusted ally

Even if china buys radars and electronic equipments from europe it will not be in huge numbers and not likely equipped. They might just want a few example for reverse engineering and then make their own.

china defense blog is where you found those info gold nuggets ?

China has developed its own AESA radar and it is in the process of integration. Europe doesn't even have a working AESA radar yet. I honestly don't know what Europe has to sell at this point. Maybe some diesel engine tech for tanks? I think that's it.

China has developed its own AESA radar and it is in the process of integration. Europe doesn't even have a working AESA radar yet. I honestly don't know what Europe has to sell at this point. Maybe some diesel engine tech for tanks? I think that's it.

There's still plenty of hardware that China wouldn't mind having. But like I said, this is a good trend for China. Quit relying on foreigners and let's get our **** together.

How long can € last?
Even we are the ones asking for it (lift of embargo), we hope they don't, thus give us a moral ground to team with others to sink the euro. I bet the current state of EU is in nobody's interest.

US made a fortune during the 2 world wars and emerged as No1 while watching the Europe sink. you know why American hate French so much? Because French, being so lame during the war, still recognize a Unified Europe is the right direction and only choice for the declining continent.

Being a whore of US for over 50 yrs, EU only find itself ends up with toxic Sub prime mortgages and derivatives from wall street.
Didn't those guys deserve what they ask for?

Last edited:
Suppose europe opened up their military tech to china, there might still be things PLA might be interested.

Do you think the PLAN will be interested in acquiring a few Dassault Rafale?

My though will be that europe will be helpful not in pure weapon sense but in maintenance/secondary equipment/ infrastructure sense. ie PLA is demonstrating that it has now enough foundings to start considering the more flashy assessories.

Well I think china dont need to to buy the full plate they just need to get some technologies where they lake.

This ain't an application, this is a demand. We are tired of asking.

When Iraqi's national museum is looted, some event we registered 170 years ago clicked. We don't believe original sins, but this generation of yours what you did counts. We still knwo what you did 170 years ago. And the british to this day still brazenly display their loots from China in London museum. I sincerely hope you keep doing it. Don't auction them off.

Of all the western european countries, spain is probably the most friendly to China. Germany is probably the most important one to China. We don't have a problem to sell some cheap political capital to Berlin should they believe hiding behind a eu curtain and rig the whole region's economy conforms to their current interest. However, the Germans must understand only a political independent Germany is in Chinese interest. EU concept is not in Chinese interest, we don't have a problem if you become ONE, that is, you need to totally destroy each and everyone of yours national sovereity. Nobody on earth wants to deal with a two-faced political freak.

If EU is to rewind, Russians will like it, Americans will like it, Japanese will like it, and we certainly don't have a problem with it.

Germans particularly needs to choose the right path for themselves. Anglo-Saxons seem to have a secret lookingup crush on Germans.

Suppose europe opened up their military tech to china, there might still be things PLA might be interested.

Do you think the PLAN will be interested in acquiring a few Dassault Rafale?

My though will be that europe will be helpful not in pure weapon sense but in maintenance/secondary equipment/ infrastructure sense. ie PLA is demonstrating that it has now enough foundings to start considering the more flashy assessories.

Only the naval version of Dassault I think.

It's premature to say china's military tech is advanced enough to dismiss any tech introduction from EU. Do you guys seriously believe that Chengdu Aviation or Xi'an Aviation is on par with British R&R or the the French counterpart? however, waht we are really interested in, they won't offer us. What they can provide, we have few interests. Just think about the tailspin in Sino-Russian arm trade, the liftting of arm embargo won't be of great meaning for china.

Is China want Eurofighter Typhoon

b719016adac6fe28c6320a773df85262.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom