What's new

Erdogan: Turkey will not recognise Al-Sisi if elected president

Isn't Iran doing the same by sending Iranian advisors or whatever to Syria, but then to protect Assad? What's the difference? Both Iran and Turkey are trying to influence the situation in Syria, as far as the media is right :)
Yes, @Serpentine isnt Iran doing the same?:sarcastic:

Isn't Iran doing the same by sending Iranian advisors or whatever to Syria, but then to protect Assad? What's the difference? Both Iran and Turkey are trying to influence the situation in Syria, as far as the media is right :)

The difference is that Iran is doing it with a legitimate government (legitimate in terms of legality) whereas Turkey is giving weapons to insurgents to fight against a sovereign state and government, in order to overthrow it.
Dangerous business, especially since Syria is next door to Turkey.

I think its clear by now that Erdogan has overreached, but more importantly gravely miscalculated and done tremendous harm to Turkeys interests.
Forget the fact that Turkey is no longer seen as "zero problems with neighbours"-mediator. Turkey is now exposed to multiple more security threats, that did not exist before the conflict started.
A de facto Kurdish state formation is taking place along northern Syria, bodering Turkey, via heavily armed Kurdish militias (YPG).
This can be a POTENTIAL (but not guaranteed) severe threat to the republic of Turkey, because of the potential of cooperation between YPG and PKK.
And good luck with the Syrian government assisting you with that, after what you did.

Al Qaeda has a very heavy presence, and they were responsible for the bombing which killed some 40 Turkish civilians. They have threatened with more attacks against the Turkish state.

To put it simply, Turkey royally f.ucked up. Now you must manage the damage that you have done to yourselves.

The difference is that Iran is doing it with a legitimate government (legitimate in terms of legality) whereas Turkey is giving weapons to insurgents to fight against a sovereign state and government, in order to overthrow it.
Dangerous business, especially since Syria is next door to Turkey.

I think its clear by now that Erdogan has overreached, but more importantly gravely miscalculated and done tremendous harm to Turkeys interests.
Forget the fact that Turkey is no longer seen as "zero problems with neighbours"-mediator. Turkey is now exposed to multiple more security threats, that did not exist before the conflict started.
A de facto Kurdish state formation is taking place along northern Syria, bodering Turkey, via heavily armed Kurdish militias (YPG).
This can be a POTENTIAL (but not guaranteed) severe threat to the republic of Turkey, because of the potential of cooperation between YPG and PKK.
And good luck with the Syrian government assisting you with that, after what you did.

Al Qaeda has a very heavy presence, and they were responsible for the bombing which killed some 40 Turkish civilians. They have threatened with more attacks against the Turkish state.

To put it simply, Turkey royally f.ucked up. Now you must manage the damage that you have done to yourselves.
Lets talk after Erdogan,if ever there is a ''after Erdogan''.

Sure dear :)

MIDEAST - Documents show Turkey sent guns to Syrian rebels

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/w...expands-with-cia-aid.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Turkey: 47 Tons of Weapons to Syria 'For Sports' - Middle East - News - Israel National News

Turkey exported Weapons for USD 500.976.441 to Syria in 2012 |
nsnbc international

http://world.time.com/2012/06/22/opening-the-weapons-tap-syrias-rebels-await-fresh-and-free-ammo/

Revealed: CIA secretly operates on Syrian border, supplies arms to rebels — RT News

First of all dear, I have never denied that Iran is sending military advisers to Syria and it's not even a breaking news. Iran and Syria are allies and they are trading military advisers/equipment/experience since 80s, it's nothing new. But I wanted to counter your argument that AKP is just 'expressing' its opinion and doesn't want to force a regime change. Maybe that's the case for Egypt, but not in Syria.
In Syria's case you're right about Turkey's direct involvement. I find that both, Turkish and Iranian, sides are guilty of supporting parties that are causing innocent deaths as far as the media claims. I'm also against Erdogan's politics in Syria. We shouldn't have been involved in it in the first place, but i think neutrality also wont be that comfortable if there's lots of instability and uncertainty next to your border. Anyway, wish Akp had kept it's nose out of it. My point is just that Iran is just as much, if not more, actively involved in regional proxy wars.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom