What's new

End of Pakistani Interest in the T-129?

I always thiink we should not sell weapon to countries that can do damage our relation with 3rd parties.(except for Turkic countries).

India is a country that no one can ignore her big market of 1.2 b population. If selling weapon to Pakistan will affect this, then why should we sell weapon to Pakistan?

As some Pakistani members state that they go for what is more logical for their own country.

I would cut off all military relation with Pakistan, after all they cannot offer us what India could.

So leave them with WHO ever they want.

Erdoğan sometimes cannot see what is more beneficial for Turkey in future.

Totally agreed

As an addition to Cabatli how you will be able to know if terrorists have a weapon smaller then 23 MM canon or a 23 MM cannon or a RPG or anything else ???...

Anyways... Cabatli gave a detailed answer... More then enough...

If pakistan wants against iran or india,t-129 is good. But against TTP or insurgents,hind is better hands down

I always thiink we should not sell weapon to countries that can do damage our relation with 3rd parties.(except for Turkic countries).

India is a country that no one can ignore her big market of 1.2 b population. If selling weapon to Pakistan will affect this, then why should we sell weapon to Pakistan?

As some Pakistani members state that they go for what is more logical for their own country.

I would cut off all military relation with Pakistan, after all they cannot offer us what India could.

So leave them with WHO ever they want.

Erdoğan sometimes cannot see what is more beneficial for Turkey in future.

If you are scared to the hilt, that you may lose customers because of your trade with a nation that you hold tremendous ties with in terms of culture, faith, race etc then that is very sad indeed. I expected a great deal more from a Turk, rather than someone talking about abandoning a brother due the loss of monies...

The deal for the Atak is on and will remain on. Our prime-minister and army chief presided over the negotiations for the machine and a deal should be inked very soon. This is the real world brother, not some hearsay press reports from a nation (Russia) that we frankly haven't had great ties with for the last 30 years.

If you want to cut from us, then so be it. It's not the first time we have been stabbed and it won't be the last. We were "cut" off in the past as well and went on to become a nuclear power and achieve the ultimate deterrent. We are 200 million strong, and I haven't included the expats yet, so really we only need ourselves to be strong.

I hope you will change your views, as I'm sure they don't reflect those of other Turkish bros on this forum.

Signing off Waz (lover of Turkey and its people).

And don't get me wrong, brothers and sisters living in the region of Pakistan in the time did help in some way or another, but equating that to the many hundreds of thousands of lives lost in fighting for freedom is just ridicules, selfish and self appeasing to the person saying such thing .

Brother hundreds of Pakistanis also lost their lives when they went as volunteers to fight with the Turkish army against the allies of the first World War.

See here please.

Pakistani WW1-Turkish War of Independence Hero

Entire regiments from what is now Pakistan laid down their arms and refused to fight against the Ottomans and these were considered the "shock troops" of the British empire. British generals even banned Muslim troops from now Pakistan coming anywhere near the conflict, as they feared their loyalty was skewed. This was at the time when every other Muslim power, people etc had either stabbed the Ottomans in the back or turned their faces away.

Anyhow back to topic.

The Atak is superior in every way. I'm personally for purchasing a few for anti insurgent roles but our commitment is certainly to your gunship.

Last edited:
If you are scared to the hilt, that you may lose customers because of your trade with a nation that you hold tremendous ties with in terms of culture, faith, race etc then that is very sad indeed. I expected a great deal more from a Turk, rather than someone talking about abandoning a brother due the loss of monies...

The deal for the Atak is on and will remain on. Our prime-minister and army chief presided over the negotiations for the machine and a deal should be inked very soon. This is the real world brother, not some hearsay press reports from a nation (Russia) that we frankly haven't had great ties with for the last 30 years.

If you want to cut from us, then so be it. It's not the first time we have been stabbed and it won't be the last. We were "cut" of in the past as well and went on to become a nuclear power and achieve the ultimate deterrent. We are 200 million strong, and I haven't included the expats yet, so really we only need ourselves to be strong.

I hope you will change your views, as I'm sure they don't reflect those of other Turkish bros on this forum.

Brother hundreds of Pakistanis also lost their lives when they went as volunteers to fight with the Turkish army against the allies of the first World War.

See here please.

Entire regiments from what is now Pakistan laid down their arms and refused to fight against the Ottomans and these were considered the "shock troops" of the British empire. British generals even banned Muslim troops from now Pakistan coming anywhere near the conflict, as they feared their loyalty was skewed. This was at the time when every other Muslim power, people etc had either stabbed the Ottomans in the back or turned their faces away.

Anyhow back to topic.

The Atak is superior in every way. I'm personally for purchasing a few for anti insurgent roles but our commitment is certainly to your gunship.

People are getting needlessly emotional IMO. Pakistan will choose whatever suits best for it's interest. No one can expect anything different. We would acted same way if we were in your shoes.

I want to remind my Turkish bros that we have chosen HQ-9 amid the protests of our NATO allies because it suited best for our interests.

If you want to cut from us, then so be it. It's not the first time we have been stabbed and it won't be the last. We were "cut" of in the past as well and went on to become a nuclear power and achieve the ultimate deterrent. We are 200 million strong, and I haven't included the expats yet, so really we only need ourselves to be strong.

See here please.

Anyhow back to topic.

You don't share culture or race with Turks. All you share is a common religion

People are getting needlessly emotional IMO. Pakistan will choose whatever suits best for it's interest. No one can expect anything different. We would acted same way if we were in your shoes.

I want to remind my Turkish bros that we have chosen HQ-9 amid the protests of our NATO allies because it suited best for our interests.

True, but this buying of the MI, whatever variant is just mere speculation and talk. If it is bought, it will be a stop gap measure until the Atak arrives.

You don't share culture or race with Turks. All you share is a common religion

So the Turks never ruled what now comprises Afghanistan and Pakistan? o_O. Their influence was negligible then?

Take it to another thread Indian member. This isn't the place for it.

See here please.

Anyhow back to topic.

You did not get the point in my post, and play the emotion card.

If it is about the Money, logic etc. as pakistani members mentioned in the first two pages, then Turkey is losing much much much and much things than Pakistan will by buying t129 with extra few more million dollars than russian ones.

You did not get the point in my post, and play the emotion card.

If it is about the Money, logic etc. as pakistani members mentioned in the first two pages, then Turkey is losing much much much and much things than Pakistan will by buying t129 with extra few more million dollars than russian ones.

That was part of your point agreed, and had you stated what you have in this post then no one would have responded. Your above posts makes sense.

But you did clearly mention "cutting us out", "leaving us", "sell to India". Had I responded similarly (god forbid) it would have been "go away", " we don't need you", " let's reach out to the Greeks/Greek Cypriots" and so on.

Let's just forget it and move on.

Back to the topic, you can clearly see these reports are just hear say, speculation etc. You have to understand our seriousness over the Atak. Our engineers are currently being prepared for an Atak assembly line as we speak.

That was part of your point agreed, and had you stated what you have in this post then no one would have responded. But you did clearly mention "cutting us out", "leaving us", "sell to India". Had I responded similarly (god forbid) it would have been "go away", " we don't need you", " let's reach out to the Greeks/Greek Cypriots" and so on.

Let's just forget it and move on.

No !

Some of your fellas should understand some things very clearly, and not act like that, if understood cristal clear.

My previous post was very well balanced one, still not taken as formulated.

Some of our Turkish members doing exactly the same thing Pakistanis did in the thread about alleged missile deal between Pakistan and Azerbaijan. We are talking about millions of dollars here. They are free to chose the best for their interests, so no need to get emotional. Whatever they chose, i personally wish the best for our Pakistani friends.

they will lose a lot not us! Example, if Pakistani army have hellfire missile and they want to use it on a russian chopper. Ask yourself can the chopper fire a hellfire? Wil a chinees missile integrate in a russian chopper without permission of russians?

You can buy a chopper cheaper but it is not easy as you think! People are talking like they are buying 3kg patatoes and 2kg tomatoes ahahah.

As an addition to Cabatli how you will be able to know if terrorists have a weapon smaller then 23 MM canon or a 23 MM cannon or a RPG or anything else ???...

Anyways... Cabatli gave a detailed answer... More then enough...

Atak as a light attack helicopter pilot cabin is provided 360 degree protection along with fibre-glass and blades are designed to withstand 12.7 mm armour piercing ammunition. The airframe from all side is resistant to 12.7 mm armour piercing ammunition as well...

7G7LeTA.jpg

I read in aviation magazine (dont remember which one!) that Pakistan Aeronautical Complex has been building infrastructure to assemble or partially manufacture T-129. Also it was mentioned that Turkey is going to give three helicopters to Pakistan for trial and evaluation.

different priorities and roles, their purchase maybe delayed but not cancelled.
if T-129 is ever inducted then it will be for the purpose of far more sophisticated and traditional enemy. T-129 is a sophisticated and expensive machine which shouldn't be wasted on Deobandi madrassah terrorists.
Hinds are robust and built for what taliban can throw at them.

Agreed! T-129 will be purchased for Indian border. Pakistan then knows that Turkey being a brotherly country wont share anything with India. With Mi-35, Indians will know its inside out.
@cabatli_53 @Sinan @Kaan :)

Maybe they are better to fight terrorism for 'us' owing to the commonality between the Mi-somethings we already fly, their troop carrying capacity, possibly a lower price-tag & only Russia as a head-ache to deal with unlike the T-129 where if the Americans embargo sales of the engines to us or its parts - We're done for !

That is a big issue. We have been through these sanctions and Pakistan does not want to trust America again.

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom