What's new

End of Pakistani Interest in the T-129?

t129 is almost a new chopper most of the systems are domestic made. i don't think it's more expensive than italien a129 variant. most of the arguments are personal opinion of some members nothing else. until at this time there is no official announcement , information or any further details about the price.

A long time ago there was a need for air assault force for SOTF for coin ops and mi-35 with it's armed transport capability fitted perfectly. My hunch is that this procurement (if it goes through) is planned for special forces air assault force where as the requirement for an ah-1 replacement will still stand.

T-129 was designed to fight terrorism. Thats why it was developed and acquired in the first place.

Some one give me a good reason why hinds are better than t-129 at COIN.

MI-35

Gunship_Mil_Mi-35_Hind_Akbar_Indian_Air_Force1.jpg

shind-2.jpg

T-129

642a7dfcb12eee5b37ec223a1b4f1d3b.jpg

AW129_01.jpg

T-129 was designed to fight terrorism. Thats why it was developed and acquired in the first place.

Some one give me a good reason why hinds are better than t-129 at COIN.

Maybe they are better to fight terrorism for 'us' owing to the commonality between the Mi-somethings we already fly, their troop carrying capacity, possibly a lower price-tag & only Russia as a head-ache to deal with unlike the T-129 where if the Americans embargo sales of the engines to us or its parts - We're done for !

we are negotiating with Russians , lets see how far this deal goes, but if anything goes wrong we still have T-129 on the table ...
plus Pakistan may be looking for transport heli from Russia , lots of info is yet to come out ..

No Inked deal yet, but a goog possibility for the sales, the inked deal (2012) they are talking about in the OP article is between russia and Iran worth 3-4 billion $ for 40 Helicopters, including MI-28 and MI-35 Night hunters.

I think PAA should go for more AH-1 Cobras(not Super Cobras) also there might be countries operating that variant which PAA can bring in with upgrades from EU. I am sure PAA can maintain 150 of the AH-1s easily.

@Penguin @TOPGUN How many operator of AH-1s are there in the world?

Yes, PA had requested US for more AH-1's however it all depends on US congress to approve, plus PA is waiting for Super Cobras by the US as promised sometime in the near future who knows if that even happens or not. We just have to wait and see this is why PA is looking for other gunships on the cards from other nations such as Turkey , China and now Russia .

different priorities and roles, their purchase maybe delayed but not cancelled.
if T-129 is ever inducted then it will be for the purpose of far more sophisticated and traditional enemy. T-129 is a sophisticated and expensive machine which shouldn't be wasted on Deobandi madrassah terrorists.
Hinds are robust and built for what taliban can throw at them.
how abt posting that interview now.

According to Russian sources, 74 helicopters were lost, including 27 shot down by Stinger and two by Redeye during Afghganistan war. In many cases, however, the helicopters, thanks to their armour and the durability of construction, withstood significant damage.

Azerbaijan bought MI-35M for around 20mil per unit
but I doubt Russia would sell MI-35M to Pakistan as it may damage relations with India

I always thiink we should not sell weapon to countries that can do damage our relation with 3rd parties.(except for Turkic countries).

India is a country that no one can ignore her big market of 1.2 b population. If selling weapon to Pakistan will affect this, then why should we sell weapon to Pakistan?

As some Pakistani members state that they go for what is more logical for their own country.

I would cut off all military relation with Pakistan, after all they cannot offer us what India could.

So leave them with WHO ever they want.

Erdoğan sometimes cannot see what is more beneficial for Turkey in future.

Last edited:
Mi-35M is a bulky heli if you think it against terrorists... Also it's a very big so easy target for terrorists...

I always thiink we should not sell weapon to countries that can do damage our relation with 3rd parties.(except for Turkic countries).

India is a country that no one can ignore her big market of 1.2 b population. If selling weapon to Pakistan will affect this, then why should we sell weapon to Pakistan?

As some Pakistani members state that they go for what is more logical for their own country.

I would cut off all military relation with Pakistan, after all they cannot offer us what India could.

So leave them with WHO ever they want.

Erdoğan sometimes cannot see what is more beneficial for Turkey in future.

You don't needs to state the obvious......we already knows the history.......!
Turks or any other Muslim country in the world couldn't sustain this brotherhood mantra over their core interests like Pakistan or its people always withstands throughout history.
We help Ottomons, when we ourselves in subjugation and in great need.
We help Communist blocked Arabs states i.e. Egypt, Syria in thier wars with Israel when we ourselves member of Western block SEATO & SENTO.
We extend help to Azeris against the ire of Russians.
We always help Afghans against the formidable "Superpowers".
We help Kashmiris against the much larger and strong enemy.
We help Bosnians, when its none of our business, nor in our geographical proximity.

We know all this is one way traffic always but we we will continue to do it as per our idealogy. No turk, arab or persian can anytime match the resolve and courage like Pakistanis:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom