What's new

Elephant on rails...

A lot of the trains look old and beat up (except the luxury trains) but the train stations are really good looking especially the Shivaji train station, magnificent. :tup:

So HSR train tickets are still cheaper. Good to know.

I think INDIC is really confused. He seems to think the Chinese high speed rail is just one line between Beijing and Shanghai.

So I could tell you to mind your own business.

Yes and No, depend what deal you get from airline!!

HSR are good option to travel between satalite citys around metros like Shanghai. e.g. it's the best solution to travel to Nanjin/ Hangzhou/ Suzhou etc.. similarly ..Beijing - Tianjin is an excellent choice.

But Beijing Shanghai -- I'd think twice!!

A lot of the trains look old and beat up (except the luxury trains) but the train stations are really good looking especially the Shivaji train station, magnificent. :tup:

The Shivaji station is a world heritage site. It's indeed an architectural masterpiece. I especially like the Victorian style stone lions.

still haven't answered my question: why did you compare Beijing-Shanghai HSR ticket price with Delhi-Kolkata flight ticket price?

I found domestic flight fares in India cheaper than the second class Chinese HSR fares.

The Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station (formerly known as the Victoria Terminus)

It was designed by Frederick William Stevens with influences from Victorian Italianate Gothic Revival architecture and traditional Mughal buildings. The station was built in 1887 in the Bori Bunder area of Bombay to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria.

9364366691_5d77dd45b6_b.jpg

9426142089_22bb0a9d63_b.jpg

Look at that, train station that could pass for a Palace. :woot:

HSR are good option to travel between satalite citys around metros like Shanghai. e.g. it's the best solution to travel to Nanjin/ Hangzhou/ Suzhou etc.. similarly ..Beijing - Tianjin is an excellent choice.

OK, so you haven't been reading the conversation between me and INDIC. I agree with you: at long haul distances, planes are the only option. HSR is only good for short hops and medium distances. I kept telling this INDIC character that HSR is not a replacement for planes, but he insists that it is.

I found domestic flight fares in India cheaper than the second class Chinese HSR fares.

So? I also know an Indian who's 1.97 meters tall. Does that mean all Indians are 1.97 meters tall?

I find the ticket price of Chinese HSR comparable to domestic flight tickets.

Chinese high-speed rail fares are the lowest in the world, with an average price that is 36% lower than the cost of an airline ticket, according to Credit Suisse.

https://www.credit-suisse.com/ch/en/news-and-expertise/news/economy/asia-pacific.article.html/article/pwp/news-and-expertise/2013/07/en/chinas-new-bullet-trains-wont-eat-up-airline-profits.html

Now answer me: is a 36% lower average price comparable? Is it?

Beijing-Shanghai HSR cost $87 for second class and $150 for first class about the distance 1330km. Delhi-Kolkata has a distance of 1400km, once can easily afford a flight ticket in economy class for $65-75.

Rebecca Fannin: Silicon Dragon Takes The Fast Track To Shanghai

You still haven't answered my question: why did you compare Beijing-Shanghai HSR ticket price with Delhi-Kolkata flight ticket price?

Hey I am class 12th student with Commerce without maths i wanted to know about collages in China
can you help me with this
give me your Email ID or something

Rajdhani Express- 24 Pairs

Rajdhani Express is a passenger train service in India operated by Indian Railways connecting New Delhi with other important destinations, especially state capitals. Rajdhani means "The Capital" in Hindi.

SDAHraj.jpg

5889786293_429d04baab_b.jpg

4.png

Rajdhani-LHB.jpg

9520543357_924aaee2be_c.jpg

3295126714_6b9fb40977_b.jpg

Compartment.jpg

5506100256_38f54c3c92_b.jpg

08rajdhani1.jpg

08rajdhani3.jpg

You are wrong. Chinese high-speed rail fares are the lowest in the world, with an average price that is 36% lower than the cost of an airline ticket, according to Credit Suisse.

Here's the source: https://www.credit-suisse.com/ch/en/news-and-expertise/news/economy/asia-pacific.article.html/article/pwp/news-and-expertise/2013/07/en/chinas-new-bullet-trains-wont-eat-up-airline-profits.html

Beijing-Shanghai HSR cost $87 for second class and $150 for first class about the distance 1330km. Delhi-Kolkata has a distance of 1400km, once can easily afford a flight ticket in economy class for $65-75.

Rebecca Fannin: Silicon Dragon Takes The Fast Track To Shanghai

You still haven't answered my question: why did you compare Beijing-Shanghai HSR ticket price with Delhi-Kolkata flight ticket price?

OK, so you haven't been reading the conversation between me and INDIC. I agree with you: at long haul distances, planes are the only option. HSR is only good for short hops and medium distances. I kept telling this INDIC character that HSR is not a replacement for planes, but he insists that it is.

Trains are meant to transport masses. With time tech will become more affordable and will make train travel irresistible. Trains are the back bone of economy today and will be playing dominant role in future also.

There is not alternate for trains!!

Shatabdi Express-22 Pairs

Shatabdi Express trains are a series of fast (called superfast in India) passenger trains operated by Indian Railways to connect Metro cities with other cities important for tourism, pilgrimage or business. Shatabdi Express are day-trains and they return to the station of origin the same day.

2507311633_a5818bf1cc_o.jpg

5880331835_259f48826e_b.jpg

Mysore_Shatabdi_LHB_coaches_at_Mysore_Station_%281%29.JPG

lw41.jpg

lhb_coaches_lko_shatabdi.jpg-37475d1256293170

5494252898_12f6c16e88_b.jpg

8384182017_3efa71599b_c.jpg

lnxe.jpg

Executive_class_chair_car_coach_in_Mysore-Chennai_Shatabdi.JPG

4474577937_0321c7e3f5_b.jpg

Trains are meant to transport masses. With time tech will become more affordable and will make train travel irresistible. Trains are the back bone of economy today and will be playing dominant role in future also.

There is not alternate for trains!!

Over long haul distances? If I were to travel over 1200 km, I'd choose a plane. Way faster than any train. Many millions would agree with me. If you can afford the ticket price, then there is no substitute for air travel over long distances.

That was your main intention comparing Indian slow trains with Chinese HSR. So I compared Chinese HSR with Domestic flights in India. :sleep:

You are wrong. Chinese high-speed rail fares are the lowest in the world, with an average price that is 36% lower than the cost of an airline ticket, according to Credit Suisse.

Here's the source: https://www.credit-suisse.com/ch/en/news-and-expertise/news/economy/asia-pacific.article.html/article/pwp/news-and-expertise/2013/07/en/chinas-new-bullet-trains-wont-eat-up-airline-profits.html

That was your main intention comparing Indian slow trains with Chinese HSR. So I compared Chinese HSR with Domestic flights in India. :sleep:

You should work for Sonia Gandhi. You are smarter than her son.

Back
Top Bottom