What's new

ELECTION RESULTS : UP, UK, PUNJAB, GOA & MANIPUR

In Manipur, Congress won in all the christian majority districts. BJP won on in Hindu majority discricts.

you are wrong on this part

the Tangkhul majority area near imphal has given BJP 3 seats whereas congress got only 2.

NPF got 1 and they are supporting BJP.

Tangkhuls are predominantly Xtians.

Simple reality is the Sikhs kept both the Hindu BJP and AAP out. Most Hindus voted for Congress after the bomb blast in Punjab fearing a return of khalistani progrom.

Errrrr....NO.

It was pure and simple communal politics.

Goa is only 27% Christians.

However Of the 13 BJP members who won, 7 are Christians. 6 are Hindus.

However BJP did not win even a single seat where Christians were more than 53 %. :coffee: All the Christian majority districts (e.g. south goa) voted for CONgress.

The Goa Church gave clear dictates to defeat the BJP. The Church has even announced that Modi's cashless transactions push is anti poor.

Despite all this BJP got 33% of all votes. Congress only got 28%, but congress still got 4 seats more than BJP with 5% less votes :cheesy:

Again you are Wrong. Take a deep breath before any premature celebration by believing your own propaganda.

In Manipur, Congress won in all the christian majority districts. BJP won on in Hindu majority discricts.

Needless to point out that BJP in UP did not even bother to nominate a single muslim candidate because they knew it was pointless.

BJP has 5 christian MLAs who won in Manipur. BJP won 7 seats with more than 50% Christian population.

Same case in UP. In Deoband, its true that Hindu consolidation made BJP win. But I personally know friends whose family members (females) voted for BJP. In fact, even NDTV said atleast 8% Muslims votd for BJP. (Could be 10-12% in reality).

BJP has 5 christian MLAs who won in Manipur. BJP won 7 seats with more than 50% Christian population.

Same case in UP. In Deoband, its true that Hindu consolidation made BJP win. But I personally know friends whose family members (females) voted for BJP. In fact, even NDTV said atleast 8% Muslims votd for BJP. (Could be 10-12% in reality).

Manipur has 41.29 % Christians and 8.4 %Muslims along with 41.39 % Hindus. Out of that BJP got 36.3 % of the votes with 21 seats. It was also in alliance with NPF which is a christian party.(congress got 35% of votes, but again like Goa they got more seats)

Manipur was also polarized along Naga vs Non Naga i.e ethnic identity and that was the crux of the congress campaign since BJP was in alliance with the govt. in Nagaland.

In Deoband, both SP and BSP fielded Muslim candidates and the votes got split among them. BJP fielded a Hindu candidate and he won due to Hindu consolidation and muslim vote split.

I also know a few Hindus who voted for AIMIM in Hyderabad. Its foolish to trust what NDTV claims. My own estimate is around 2% muslim voted for BJP.

Manipur has 41.29 % Christians and 8.4 %Muslims along with 41.39 % Hindus. Out of that BJP got 36.3 % of the votes with 21 seats. It was also in alliance with NPF which is a christian party.(congress got 35% of votes, but again like Goa they got more seats)

Manipur was also polarized along Naga vs Non Naga i.e ethnic identity and that was the crux of the congress campaign since BJP was in alliance with the govt. in Nagaland.

In Deoband, both SP and BSP fielded Muslim candidates and the votes got split among them. BJP fielded a Hindu candidate and he won due to Hindu consolidation and muslim vote split.

I also know a few Hindus who voted for AIMIM in Hyderabad. Its foolish to trust what NDTV claims. My own estimate is around 2% muslim voted for BJP.
around 10% muslims vote for BJP.

Back
Top Bottom