What's new

Election results 2018

Retweeted Jemima Goldsmith (@Jemima_Khan):

22 years later, after humiliations, hurdles and sacrifices, my sons’ father is Pakistan’s next PM. It’s an incredible lesson in tenacity, belief & refusal to accept defeat. The challenge now is to remember why he entered politics in the 1st place.

Congrats IK !!.

Did he get absolute majority ?

Nah, just 17 seats short of absolute majorly. But his allies and independent candidates who always go with the winning party make up for these 17 seats easily.

Inshallah, PTI will form the next federal government in Islamic Republic of Pakistan :yahoo:

Source? A screenshare from any news channel would be good.
Yes won with close contest

Faisal wahda (35344) vs Shabaz Sharif ( 34624)
aXrfdNJ.jpg

They have already provided more than enough excuses to their masters to brag. PA did good job on polling day and didn't let any rigging during polling time but after that game was/is in hands of people whom the mafia employed over the years.
hassas idara is monitoring ECP as we speak.

LOL I am from Karachi east... Clean swept from here .. PTI is wining 12 seats from Karachi so suck it up.. I guess mqm got lucky with 7 seats .. Psp should had defeated your thappa party from north Karachi too .. Also this is the end of mqm . I m expecting further defaction of mqm moving forward .. Mqm pib and mqm bahadurabad just joined hands for July 25, picture tu abhi baqi hai

You are from Karachi East, PTI is 'winning' from 12 seats and PSP should have defeated MQM..........generally the gist of your post, right?

PTI is winning a lot of seats throughout the country just as establishment supported PML did in 90's and establishment supported PML(Q) did in 00's etc. And while you rejoice, you may also want to recall that PML, JI, MQM, PTI etc., are all establishment created political parties. Nevertheless, this is the peak of PTI, even though I hope and pray that they deliver but with the odds against them, it would not be an easy task. Odds being:

1. Not having enough seats to form independent Government. Will have to listen to coalition partner.
2. Not having 2/3rd majority and so will not be able to do any effective or meaningful legislation unless they have PML support.
3. Will have to listen to and obey reasonable as well as unreasonable demands of the establishment.

So, basically, your peak may take a hit and that too very soon!

IK is going to be next PM .... doesn't matter how many bu tts it hurt nationally or internationally.
Well I didn't say he is not going to be PM, that's the choice of Pakistanis. my question was about his main domestic and foreign policies and his views.

Rana sana goon from Godfather league has won by a thin margin

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom