What's new

Egypt’s defence minister calls on PM Imran, discusses bilateral relations

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Imran-2-1.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Egyptian Commander-in-Chief and Minister for Defence, General Mohamed Ahmed Zaki Mohamed along with a delegation called on Prime Minister Imran Khan in Islamabad on Wednesday.

During the meeting, views were exchanged on bilateral relations, regional and international issues.

Speaking on the occasion, PM Imran Khan said that the RSS-inspired BJP government’s extremist and discriminatory policies are imperilling peace and security in the region.

The prime minister stressed that implementation of the UN Security Council’s resolutions remained the only way for a peaceful solution of the Kashmir dispute, Radio Pakistan reported.

Read More: Egypt’s military brass calls upon COAS Bajwa in Rawalpindi

He underscored the shared commitment of the leadership in the two countries to deepen bilateral collaboration in diverse fields. He also reiterated the resolve to take Pakistan-Egypt relations to a new level.

In the context of enhanced high-level exchanges, PM Imran further said that he looks forward to President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi’s visit to Pakistan at his earliest convenience.

Noting the strong Egypt-Pakistan bilateral relations, Egyptian commander-in-chief expressed satisfaction over the existing level of bilateral defense cooperation, including frequent exchange of visits, training exchange programs and joint exercises.

General Mohamed Ahmed Zaki Mohamed reaffirmed Egypt’s commitment to enhance high-level exchanges and further fortify bilateral cooperation with Pakistan in all fields.

https://arynews.tv/en/egypts-minister-imran-bilateral-relations/

Egypt is mostly seen as a buyer. I don't know if they offers anything in Defence Domain. Beside the K-8; don't forget that we have large order for ourselves for Block-III and don't know if they need it. They might talk about some JV but not sure how it will pan out.

This is 2nd or 3rd major visit of Egyptian Military delegation to Pakistan in past one or two year. Something major is going on behind the scenes. Egypt is also a major user of K-8 Karakorum

@Tipu7 @Horus @Arsalan @The Eagle @AUz

Wants to add that Alan Warnes did refer some 100+ figure for JF-17 Block-III export so we can just assume it like that but can't be sure.

Only Thunder assembly line purchase a la K8 can form the practical foundation of relationship... otherwise, it is just feel good...

Egyptian sponsors can finance the ThunderDeal as they have done other Egyptian purchases.

We must become BusinessLike if we wish to mean anything in this ruthless world of ours!

That would be beneficial for many reasons but there is a trust deficit issue. Furthermore, why does it looks like if they are trying to lodge a complain or wants Pakistan to talk to Turkey. Just saying.

After high tech Pak-India confrontation on Feb 27th. Few countries turning back to PAF academy. Where high tech used against well equipped frontline fighters . ( Mig21 well equipped with latest AA platform and SU30).

Egypt is mostly seen as a buyer. I don't know if they offers anything in Defence Domain. Beside the K-8; don't forget that we have large order for ourselves for Block-III and don't know if they need it. They might talk about some JV but not sure how it will pan out.

Wants to add that Alan Warnes did refer some 100+ figure for JF-17 Block-III export so we can just assume it like that but can't be sure.

Last time they gave us Mirages for spares.

Egypt and Qatar both operate Mirage-2Ks as well.

Last time they gave us Mirages for spares.

Egypt and Qatar both operate Mirage-2Ks as well.

I didn't read anything further in regard to those Mirages Purchase except for a news. However, Mirage-2000 if you are talking about, aren't interesting us.... not feasible nor an intelligent purchase though, I don't see such urgent & dire need to buy 20-+ Mirages 2000 (referring Qatar).

Aah, we can however start with exercises and not to forget that Qatar & Egypt both operates top notch jets, ships.

Brother mine,

Very sharp!

Hence, my contention of meaningless visit...if it is for asking us to help them out without any tangible benefits for Pak.

Since, there is NO free lunch for us... I say... let us just stop being BigHeartedPaks all the time...in OurStatecraft that is!

Egypt has too much tilt towards Indians...kinda dovetailing its sponsors...who are dovetailing the Yanks!

Unless there is business benefit for Pakistan in DefenceProducts/Services... let us also do some LipService!

Sorry for sounding harsh...but it is about time that we come out of alot of Illusions!

Mangus

Sir, not sharply intended but you may know that I didn't want to trigger certain heads though, a flash was needed.

Secondly, I do agree that there is no free lunch but we all agree in regard to some compensated way like S for R or U for T.

Thirdly, defence production shall be the interest at top. I don't see this visit as minor because that Egyptian DM along with delegation meeting the Premier of Pakistan.

I hope we can do something to ease the tensions between Turkey and Egypt

Well that would be tough because its more of an ideological difference. Turkey and Egypt would have been closest allies if Egypt was ruled by MB. The military is a saudi ally and as long as the military rules in Egypt, there will always be issues. Its more of the dictatorial arabs vs Turks. There would be much unity among muslims if middle east is ruled by the brotherhood.

Brother mine,

Very sharp!

Hence, my contention of meaningless visit...if it is for asking us to help them out without any tangible benefits for Pak.

Since, there is NO free lunch for us... I say... let us just stop being BigHeartedPaks all the time...in OurStatecraft that is!

Egypt has too much tilt towards Indians...kinda dovetailing its sponsors...who are dovetailing the Yanks!

Unless there is business benefit for Pakistan in DefenceProducts/Services... let us also do some LipService!

Sorry for sounding harsh...but it is about time that we come out of alot of Illusions!

Mangus
Egypt many times stand with India in UN against Pakistan. Some countries only deserve transnational relationship .

Blk 3 with ToT mean local Assembly will give Egypt a pack of punch and 100plus BVR fighter with open weapon package would be nice for them.

Ethiopia is building a big dam on the Nile that could cause serious water problems for Egypt. Defense purchases are a real possibility if things get bad. They probably also want our support at international forums. My guess.

After high tech Pak-India confrontation on Feb 27th. Few countries turning back to PAF academy. Where high tech used against well equipped frontline fighters . ( Mig21 well equipped with latest AA platform and SU30).

Ethiopia also flies Flankers. They want to debrief with the PAF.

Last edited:
@Amun and other Egyptian members would love to see your comments on this thread

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom