What's new

Egyptian military helicopter 'gunned down' in north Sinai, 5 dead

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Egyptian military helicopter 'gunned down' in north Sinai, 5 dead | Maan News Agency

SINAI (Ma'an) -- An Egyptian military helicopter crashed near a village in the northern Sinai Peninsula on Saturday, killing five Egyptian soldiers, after the helicopter was gunned down, locals said.

Egyptian army spokesman Ahmad Ali confirmed the crash near the village of al-Kharruba and the deaths of the soldiers, but did not provide further details about the incident.

He said a search was underway for the helicopter's crew.

Locals told Ma'an the helicopter was gunned down by militants. They said they saw gunmen in a pickup truck hit the helicopter with a......

Is this an apache? I never expected SA7 can shoot it down, this is a bad development and I see a bad future if the military still thinks it could solve things by force. I also urge restraint on both sides because this doesn't look good it will only become a cycle of violence and Arabic nations may fall apart and Jihadists will surround Israel. This is why I say exercise a reasonable policy or it will back fire.

@al-Hasani @Arabian Legend @Tunisian Marine Corps @Mahmoud_EGY @JUBA

untill now i dont know if it was apache but i can tell you this for every one died for his country we will never forget of forgive we will clear saniai soon and we made great progress so far

untill now i dont know if it was apache but i can tell you this for every one died for his country we will never forget of forgive we will clear saniai soon and we made great progress so far

Your problem is you're too nationalist and don't care for others dying or being killed by security forces while you praise only soldiers and liberals with much honor. Brother, this is something we can't do in Islam and it is a punishment for all of us. Including Hamas, after conflict with Fatah it went too far a little and we saw what happened. God doesn't appreciate hardheadeness.

Your problem is you're too nationalist and don't care for others dying or being killed by security forces while you praise only soldiers and liberals with much honor. Brother, this is something we can't do in Islam and it is a punishment for all of us. Including Hamas, after conflict with Fatah it went too far a little and we saw what happened. God doesn't appreciate hardheadeness.
islam doesnt forbid us to love and care for our country i am a muslim and i am egyptian there is nothing worng with that and being a nationalst doesnt mean a librial librials care for all mankind and think nationalism causes troubles i dont agree with that a nationalist is someone who live serving his country untill he is asked to give his life away in life or death serving his country i do care about every life taken but i choose what is best for all some people want another syria in Egypt what can we do when this people shot our army in sainai what can the army do ? and why did they attack after morsi was kicked out and by the way ever since gadafi fall they have been supplying themselves with weapons about 2 years pereparing for this the brotherhood army striking whenever the brotherhood need

islam doesnt forbid us to love and care for our country i am a muslim and i am egyptian there is nothing worng with that and being a nationalst doesnt mean a librial librials care for all mankind and think nationalism causes troubles i dont agree with that a nationalist is someone who live serving his country untill he is asked to give his life away in life or death serving his country i do care about every life taken but i choose what is best for all some people want another syria in Egypt what can we do when this people shot our army in sainai what can the army do ? and why did they attack after morsi was kicked out and by the way ever since gadafi fall they have been supplying themselves with weapons about 2 years pereparing for this the brotherhood army striking whenever the brotherhood need

This has been going on for a while in Sinai and is more complicated than we make it. Problem is army's objectives aren't such good willed things. They can't say they are the right people because people back them. The army has been attacking Sinai for a while now and the economy there is what led people to be hopeless and work against the state. I don't want another Syria and neither do Egyptians nor the MB. However people are getting tired of their voices censored, for decades now islamists have done many things and tried to cooperate with all nations only to have conspiracies against them by local governments and western nations.

This has been going on for a while in Sinai and is more complicated than we make it. Problem is army's objectives aren't such good willed things. They can't say they are the right people because people back them. The army has been attacking Sinai for a while now and the economy there is what led people to be hopeless and work against the state. I don't want another Syria and neither do Egyptians nor the MB. However people are getting tired of their voices censored, for decades now islamists have done many things and tried to cooperate with all nations only to have conspiracies against them by local governments and western nations.
if they cooperated with the egyptian people maybe the situation would be better but they think if the US want them to rule then they would no matter what the people think
and our army is the only thing we have in Egypt our economy education healthcare all of this are not in good our army is ranked 11 in the whole world you cant blame the Egyptian people to support the army with all they got

Is this an apache? I never expected SA7 can shoot it down, this is a bad development and I see a bad future if the military still thinks it could solve things by force. I also urge restraint on both sides because this doesn't look good it will only become a cycle of violence and Arabic nations may fall apart and Jihadists will surround Israel. This is why I say exercise a reasonable policy or it will back fire.

It was an Mi-8/17 transport helicopter, 2 pilots and the helicopters crew were killed after it was hit by a MANPAD. The pilot reportedly maneuvered sharply after the hit to avoid going down in a residential area. May they all rest in peace.

Last edited:
So sad to see the loss of Egyptian soldiers.

Problem with Egypt, Iraq, and perhaps Pakistan is that we all are fighting the Islamist enemy on individual country basis.

While Islamists are united around the globe.

It is time that Iraq, Pakistan, Egypt (and perhaps other countries) consider Islamism as a common threat and thus we need to evolve a common strategy to destroy the roots of cruelty and death perpetrated by the Islamists.

peace

How did IGLA get in Sinai

It's all over, Libya. Most of them went into Gaza though. God bless the Gaza resistance.

It was an Mi-8/17 transport helicopter, 2 pilots and the helicopters crew were killed after it was hit by a MANPAD. The pilot reportedly maneuvered sharply after the hit to avoid going down in a residential area. May they all rest in peace.

RIP to them and the other 29 confirmed killed protestors today. I forgot to mention you my friend, I knew I was forgetting one arab.

The region seems on fire. RIP to the soldiers killed from across the Red Sea next by to our Egyptian brothers and sisters.

Nothing strange about the turmoil in the region when you think about it and the parties meddling (no names mentioned!).

After something as turbulent, drastic, unprecedented, huge, complicated etc. as the "Arab Spring" different parties/interests are bound to clash. After major changes this is usually what follows.

One day, hopefully not long from now, all this will mostly end.

In fact I believe it is a miracle that Egypt has been as peaceful as it has for the past 2.5 years despite all the problems. Mainly on the economical and political field.

That's thanks to the strong Egyptian army that one might like or hate. But the army has kept Egypt in check since the royals were removed in 1952 and the army has been present during the most difficult times.

The region seems on fire. RIP to the soldiers killed from across the Red Sea next by to our Egyptian brothers and sisters.

Nothing strange about the turmoil in the region when you think about it and the parties meddling (no names mentioned!).

After something as turbulent, drastic, unprecedented, huge, complicated etc. as the "Arab Spring" different parties/interests are bound to clash. After major changes this is usually what follows.

One day, hopefully not long from now, all this will mostly end.

In fact I believe it is a miracle that Egypt has been as peaceful as it has for the past 2.5 years despite all the problems. Mainly on the economical and political field.

That's thanks to the strong Egyptian army that one might like or hate. But the army has kept Egypt in check since the royals were removed in 1952 and the army has been present during the most difficult times.

Problem isn't so much the army, rather the army top brass and security forces which are responsible for most of the deaths. Army brass is ordering absurd actions that have gone too far and they need to rethink such a strategy or I'm sorry to say they reap what they sow.

Everybody supports the military including the MB, military is very large but honestly some of them are people who are taught to hate Islamists and ordinary Palestinians who don't have foreign citizenship suffer at hand of army. Their stance on Gaza is also implausible. I've been there over 7 times Hasani, there are very respectful men but some of them are very much like master and slave relationship they don't have a logical approach to affairs when their leaders tell them to act on certain things.

In Gaza though they don't behave like that, for example if they got order to disarm from their political branch they would absolutely not act on that and would be conflicting with orders of political branch.

I hope they avoid this path they've been taking because it sparks too much strife. If they don't show a sign of resolve then protesters won't show a sign of resolve. Btw, the militants are a whole other thing which is unrelated and mostly based in Sinai and goes back to mubarak days.

Having two extreme views on both sides will just spark conflict and army will not win such a thing, we seen what stubbornness done in Syria and elsewhere.

A good Muslim should love God only. Nation states are a western creation.

lol strong? :rofl:

Egypt lost over 400 soldiers (last reported November by Reuturs) in Sinai. I like how those people claiming the army is strong when they barely can handle those militants.

They should release those videos of themselves with hardwares been hit instead of waiting for those takfiris to upload them on YouTube with their annoyance of nasheed songs.

Back
Top Bottom