What's new

Egypt intelligence report: Israel had 36 spying stations in Sinai

There aren't any over exaggerations anywhere.

What I make out of it is simple, a number of Egyptians were arrested for collaborating with an Israeli intelligence agency. This isn't surprising due to the relationship between the two countries, both nations spy on each other, its only natural for states to use assets at their disposal to gain as much information as possible about both allies and enemies.

What on earth are you talking about?

I can comment with authority on matters related to the current security situation in Egypt because there's adequate information upon which I can build opinions and make assertions. There literally isn't any information other than the arrest of these men and an accusation and so I can't build opinions or make assertions about this singular case nor about the work of clandestine organisations or agencies. I can speculate, but there is no reason for me too
and multiple members including you have already speculated about the role these men played. I see nothing of value that I can add.

Why are you always on the attack? calm down a little.

@FaujHistorian

Now you have an Egyptian confirming what I have said all the time. That was solely my point. I hope that you can see it now.

Trust me, I don't like when Muslims are blaming Israel for everything that goes wrong in their life's but Israel spying on Egypt and other Arab countries and vice versa is hardly news.

@FaujHistorian

Now you have an Egyptian confirming what I have said all the time. That was solely my point. I hope that you can see it now.

Trust me, I don't like when Muslims are blaming Israel for everything that goes wrong in their life's but Israel spying on Egypt and other Arab countries and vice versa is hardly news.

Arresting a spy? sure

Convicting him in an open court trial?

Haven't seen it. But may be true

However the subject line

Israel had 36 spying stations in Sinai

is still unproven!

Arresting a spy? sure

Convicting him in an open court trial?

Haven't seen it. But may be true

However the subject line

Israel had 36 spying stations in Sinai

is still unproven!

You mean the Egyptian intelligence report statement.

My problem is you came out in a way trying to distort my intentions

I wasn't trying to distort anything actually. I just said I had nothing of value to add to this thread.

Actually, two main points were made:

From an intelligence report that was never released and I doubt exists. Try finding the actual report because you will come up with zilch. There's always papers to sell.

Collecting intelligence on Egyptian forces and where they're stationed. This is what I want to know about and you as an Egyptian probably should elaborate more on that or we can at least speculate because why would this be necessary? Do they plan to target Egyptian forces through their proxies and throw blame elsewhere? Why?

Egypt has always looked for ways to re-militrise the Sinai without endangering the peace treaty i.e not starting another war. The current situation in the Sinai allows this to happen, over 30,000 troops in the entire Sinai with the majority of them concentrated next to the border with Gaza and Israel, and helicopter gunships plus heavy armor are also present/stationed there. This is a threat to Israeli security, for one the majority of these forces won't leave, there has to be a continued security presence in order for the Sinai not to fall back into insurgency or lawlessness (after the military does the interiors job that is). False flag attacks and the like are way too risky, for one if they get caught all intelligence cooperation between both sides will end and we will have casus belli.

From an intelligence report that was never released and I doubt exists. Try finding the actual report because you will come up with zilch. There's always papers to sell.

Well we can't prove it doesn't exist, guess we'll wait for the trial hearing in march.

Egypt has always looked for ways to re-militrise the Sinai without endangering the peace treaty i.e not starting another war. The current situation in the Sinai allows this to happen, over 30,000 troops in the entire Sinai with the majority of them concentrated next to the border with Gaza and Israel, and helicopter gunships plus heavy armor are also present/stationed there. This is a threat to Israeli security, for one the majority of these forces won't leave, there has to be a continued security presence in order for the Sinai not to fall back into insurgency or lawlessness (after the military does the interiors job that is). False flag attacks and the like are way too risky, for one if they get caught all intelligence cooperation between both sides will end and we will have casus belli.

So why would Egyptian deployment in their own land be a threat to Israeli security? I still don't see how they justify collecting intelligence/photos of Egyptian military forces and their positions.

As for false flags, if they don't get caught why not? Right?

condition put in place after 73 defeat.

Thought you knew basic military history of the region. NOT?

We aren't speaking of treaty since as of a few years there's been flexibility regarding the Sinai and Egyptian deployment in their own land.

We're speaking of specific details and specific reasons to try analyze this and come up with the best answer.

If you can't understand that then stay out.

We aren't speaking of treaty since as of a few years there's been flexibility regarding the Sinai and Egyptian deployment in their own land.

We're speaking of specific details and specific reasons to try analyze this and come up with the best answer.

If you can't understand that then stay out.

hahahaha

Don't understand

So everyone including a good Egyptian DO NOT understand.

Just you!

who asks questions like

--- Why Egyptian army needs permission from Israel,

hahahahahah

Well we can't prove it doesn't exist, guess we'll wait for the trial hearing in march.

It most likely doesn't exist. That's not to say there aren't reports on Israeli intelligence within Egypt.

So why would Egyptian deployment in their own land be a threat to Israeli security?

In case of war, the Egyptian Armed Forces is the only conventional threat to the Israeli state in the area or world. Now Egyptian land forces can either attack directly from the Sinai or repel/delay an invasion as they are reinforced from the Sinai rather than having to cross the vast majority of our forces across the canal to attack or repel an invasion. Plus if you were a believer in the greater Israel plan this could be a hitch.

I still don't see how they justify collecting intelligence/photos of Egyptian military forces and their positions.

They don't have too, the Egyptian intelligence services do the same as does every country in the world that has interests in another nation.

As for false flags, if they don't get caught why not? Right?

Too risky and no obvious reason to do so. The Israelis have for the most part have only conducted false flag attacks during times of war, to bring other nations such as the US to the arena or for example promote Arab Jews into emigrating (Lavon Affair).

@Frogman

Ignore the troll.

Anyways yes I agree with you on your points which is why I tagged you I'd like to hear your analysis always.

Here's the purported intelligence document they have a photo in Arabic:

http://www1.youm7.com/News.asp?NewsID=1494111#.UvbawH-9KK0

7.jpg

There's a whole bunch if information on this link...it's all Arabic though.

Back
Top Bottom