What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@Ghostkiller, you were asking why they weren't using the large fleet of CASA295s to send aid to Syria & Turley, That's because they were tasked to Sudan, and quite a few of them.

FuwrqaNWAAE6f1q

Fut6p2WWwAEx-0Q

Fut6qr3XwAAzMpn

Fut6riVXwAIgspZ

Fut0pyUXsAMyaXt

Fut0qqrXwAInqMy

I believe the C-130s & IL76 went to Turkey.

Fuwrqn2WAAAzeZu

FuwrrGiWwAQcMwv

@The SC I saw your post about the new Chinooks the Army is ordering and it reminded of this crazy pic where I only saw an EAF pilot do this once ever, and not even all the way submerged like this amazing feat but only dropped the rear of the helo for the SFs to jump off. Usually they hover 20ft or so and let them jump. But this would be great to see them train to do this move more often. After all, this helo was designed to do exactly this. Impressive.

FirQgcYXoAItGnj

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
@The SC I saw your post about the new Chinooks the Army is ordering and it reminded of this crazy pic where I only saw an EAF pilot do this once ever, and not even all the way submerged like this amazing feat but only dropped the rear of the helo for the SFs to jump off. Usually they hover 20ft or so and let them jump. But this would be great to see them train to do this move more often. After all, this helo was designed to do exactly this. Impressive.

FirQgcYXoAItGnj

hqdefault.jpg
325619_CH-47_Germany_Block_ll_Pinnacle_1226307116_MR_0522-scaled.jpg.optimal.jpg

Yep that too. Balance the rear landing gear on a cliff while the front ones are suspended. These are veteran pilots with many hours of flight experience that can perform such maneuvers. It also helps to have the front rotors independent from the rear ones to do that instead of the conventional counter-rotating rear rotor.

Here's the EGY version, Probably because the water is a bit too choppy so best just get close enough for the frogmen to jump off with their raft.

But @Frogman sent me a pic of an EAF submerged in the water, the first I've ever seen but it's in my old laptop I can't retrieve it. Mabe someday.

Last edited:
Turkey never intended to buy russian junk, our biggest enemy is still russia. s400 has different story.

Turkey never intended to buy russian junk, our biggest enemy is still russia. s400 has different story.

That's about as big as a contradiction ever. You purchase the S-400 from Russia and earn the consequences from most your major allies (including your main one the US who pulls you out of the F-35 program) and you say Russia is still your biggest enemy? Doesn't make sense.

@The SC & @Ramses Akhenaten Ahmose & @joker88 & others, watch this and tell what you think.

Its only considered a failure because they still don't manufacture aesa radars for them. Thats why our airforce dropped them for the rafale due to the spectra aesa being superior in every aspect. Why doesn't Russia just put the Zhuk-AE in the sukhois until they get ready with the other ones? Will do so much for their capabilities and do well in the market

Also im there with you on the mig 29 incident and I was also feeling the same as you were.

Its only considered a failure because they still don't manufacture aesa radars for them. Thats why our airforce dropped them for the rafale due to the spectra aesa being superior in every aspect. Why doesn't Russia just put the Zhuk-AE in the sukhois until they get ready with the other ones? Will do so much for their capabilities and do well in the market

Because the war in Ukraine is draining gov. funds and obviously not going very well. The EAF also asked to install the Su-57's AESA radar to compensate and that made matters worse because they don't even have the cost to build enough of those to push the Su-57's program faster for the VVS. So they certainly won't put them in the EAF's Su-35's. At least that's the prevailing rumor.

And the EAF should most certainly not accept them without a fully functional AESA. if you remember, I mentioned a while back that the IRBIS-E was not what the Russians touted it to be as far as a hybrid PESA/AESA. It functions a lot more in PESA mode despite tracking more targets than other 4th gen AC. It still gives up its location because of its great detection distances making its BVR resistance a bit suspect unless the pilot uses its range quick enough to fire first. Still, with the EAF so pleased with the Rafale's RBE2 AESA, they want the same or better for the Flanker Es which is a good stand. Especially when they got shafted on the MiG-29M/M2's radar upgrade to the Zhuk-AE as Russia promised and never delivered for several years now.

Problem is, what's the EAF's alternative besides Korea's KFX which is still at least 5 years away? Use another manufacturer's radar? Complicated and super costly proposition that is almost impractical because it's not just the radar that would need to be changed, Computer and all sorts of other elements making not worth the cost whatsoever. Almost makes the F-15 a much better option at this point, sadly.

Still looks like a beast from hell!

c3272610.jpg

Also im there with you on the mig 29 incident and I was also feeling the same as you were.

An absolute disgraceful embarrassment. The Russians are asking where are the frames going to end up! They're worried the US will scoop them up. Imperative the EAF run some major destruction method ASAP IMO so that doesn't happen.

Last edited:
I had some pretty serious personal stuff to deal with, my friend. Took almost everything out of me but these things happen and you gotta fight through them Alhamdulillah. Thanks again for asking and @The SC and others also, Hope all is well with you and the rest of the fellas/brothers on here!

Teslam ya basha. I still have a long ways to go Rabena yustor7ha a'lenna InshaAllah.
BTW, I hope you fellas don't get too upset with me criticizing the way the EAF completely botched the MiGs security in Sudan. That stuff drives me CRAZY because it should NEVER happen with such precious hardware in a war zone. It also makes them incredibly incompetent. Haven't they learned from 6 decades ago in 1967? But you know me, I tell it like it is.

EyKH6MVXMAENUI2

EyKH7UJWQAE2NJI

EyKH6ugW8Ac58ph

These should have been under serious protection including Apaches and even Ka-52s on constant guard. SMH.

Here's that pic of the two-seater BM. What a beauty and still with covered insignia. @joker88, do you know why they're covering them during these exercises?

article_6107ea58f2e9a9_20019364.jpeg
The strikes of Libya and Al-Watiya were participating in it, even the UAE was doing the same thing

Nothing will happen to the planes in Sudan
Until now, we do not know how true it is about the status of the aircraft so far

Would anyone happen to know what unit/branch is the orange triangle? There is also green triangle with two red stripes underneath it on doors and a red square at another door behind it, I wonder what those mean as well (besides being obviously some tactical markings, likely indicate unit or even the vehicle within the unit).
So far I've observed it only on BAE Caiman MRAPs used in Sinai operations and not all of them have it.
View attachment 908164
View attachment 908168
View attachment 908169
The soldier with AK-103 could indicate such Caimans are used by Sa'ka forces?
View attachment 908165
Like @joker88 said, most likely unit 888 which if I'm not mistaken is part of the rapid employment forces. Joker can correct me if I'm wrong. This fella with the police path is probably one of the unit's MP.

I also believe they symbolize units since other vehicles have different orange patterns like in this video where I timed it to start right where it shows half circles on the hood, also in orange most likely symbolizing separate units.

Nothing will happen to the planes in Sudan
Until now, we do not know how true it is about the status of the aircraft so far

What about the satellite photo? Shows 2 of them hit (one much worse than the other) and the 3rd likely suffering some damage, no?

Like @joker88 said, most likely unit 888 which if I'm not mistaken is part of the rapid employment forces. Joker can correct me if I'm wrong. This fella with the police path is probably one of the unit's MP.

I also believe they symbolize units since other vehicles have different orange patterns like in this video where I timed it to start right where it shows half circles on the hood, also in orange most likely symbolizing separate units.
These signs are on all trucks, armored vehicles and tanks of the Egyptian land forces
Each division has a digital code and signal, and each division's emblem is stamped on armored vehicles, tanks, and armored cars.

Back
Top Bottom