What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Arafat didn't wanted to be included in the Camp David Accords. Finally who has their lands returned? As far as I know Golan heights is under Israeli occupation , West Bank under Israel.
How Egypt sold Palestine when the country itself sacrificed thousands of martyrs to the Palestinian cause. Something Pakistan didn't do even 0,000000001% efforts which Egypt did. So please don't give us a lesson about honor and about that we sold the Palestinians.
Who
Only Eygpt

Palestine and Syria were excluded both literally stabbed in the back

Arafat didn't wanted to be included in the Camp David Accords. Finally who has their lands returned? As far as I know Golan heights is under Israeli occupation , West Bank under Israel.
How Egypt sold Palestine when the country itself sacrificed thousands of martyrs to the Palestinian cause. Something Pakistan didn't do even 0,000000001% efforts which Egypt did. So please don't give us a lesson about honor and about that we sold the Palestinians.
Pakistan is 3000 miles away from Israel
All we can do is diplomatic support or may be lend pilots or other training equipment which Arabs complain so much about when USA does it(USA never got directly involved in war with arabs in 1960s)

I would recommend Eygpt doing that too. i.e removing their envoys from Israel and no longer accepting Israel.

what Eygpt did was for itself and we saw that in camp David. unilateral agreement to take back Sinai without consulting your allies in war syrians or Palestinians

We don't mind if eygptians and Palestinians historically supported indians position on kashmir FYI.

Wonder if Egyptian Armed forces, will hold something similar over there as well?

They do A LOT of tactical urban warfare training with specially designed obstacle courses in custom-built mini towns with roads and buildings and the whole shmorgasborg. They built them as part of the Mohammad Naguib military base along with specialized courses for tactical anti-terrorism training which even includes a retired Boeing 70-something, rigged & mounted for hostage highjack rescue training. They also have a stripped Mi-8 hanging off a scaffold for rope-drop training. They even included navy training with all the pools etc. Several dedicated gun ranges indoor & outdoor and a lot more stuff. All the standard stuff really that almost all militaries have and train with and since the base was built, they've been doing a lot of joint training exercises mostly with Arab partners & Bright Star. But after this Cyclone Ex., we should definitely see many more exercises with Indian & other SOFs.

Will be some good experience for our boys, to go there and train with your guys.

You know, a lot of people will look at these pics and glaze right over them, while some others will take a lot more out of them. A good friend of mine and PT co-worker is an ex-US Marine and served 2 tours in Iraq but declined his 3rd by retiring because (as he puts it) "woke up" and realized there was nothing he was doing there that was related to defending freedom. He wanted to go to Afghanistan instead, but it wasn't his choice to make. He went through a very difficult period after he retired and for many years suffered with PTSD. Was even on suicide watch for a while. It was sad and very difficult, especially for his wife who's a good friend of the lovely Missus but thank God things have been much better for several years now. Contrary to what a lot of these guys do which is not talk about any of that stuff, he actually opens up quite a bit, mostly to family and very close friends and let me tell you, talk about horror stories, wow. Some of the things he's told me are so far removed from humanity they even outdo Hollywood.

They were over for dinner and then later, while enjoying coffee & cigars, we were talking about the Iraqi military he was telling me that what most people saw on the news and online were the ones who surrendered and the ones who were fighting them in the towns and cities who were dressed in civilian clothing driving Toyota trucks and just ragtag militia and basically undisciplined terrorists. But they never showed how in several instances, him and his unit dealt with something quite different. Some of those Iraqi "terrorists" were setting up perimeters with cover fire and traps with decoys; all the stuff regular guys don't exactly do. It got to the point where the platoon leaders had to reassess their own tactics & methods because they realized these guys were not regular guys dressed as civilians carrying AK's and RPG's and were most likely ex-Iraqi military including SOFs. Even the way they were communicating with one another was classic tactics for a very well-trained army or even special forces. I wasn't surprised at all.

So we were looking at these same pics I posted for you and other brothers, and these are the things he pointed out which are really interesting I thought I would share. On this first one he commented on the difference in the posture. He said because the fellas on the left had good posture appear to be more experienced, as in have been serving & working together longer than the ones on the right who were more likely rookies or newbies highlighted by the situational awareness he observed. Last man on the right needs to be covering their rear like the fella on the left but he's not doing that and is just watching the breach. That was a no no. Constructive criticism nothing intentionally demeaning or anything of that sort, just FYI. Other things - both groups handling their weapons well. No one flagging the other to avoid accidentally shooting of one of their own guys, including group to group. I asked what about 2nd in line with the micro-Uzi, looks like flagging the guy 1st in line? He said sometimes you really have no choice because of the direction & tight quarters and 2nd in line has cover fire for the 1st in line, so has to point his weapon in that direction and as long as he has trigger discipline, should be fine. I thought that was pretty neat. Only other critique on this pic was he didn't see any signs of the use of a stun grenade prior to the breach. But that could be because they're conducting a non-live-fire exercise which is perfectly fine. And that he would rather see them using short-barrel rifles instead of long ones like the M4s, but that was too critical since these guys are not dedicated units to this specific type of mission, but rather combined urban warfare missions were they would also be sniping threats on rooftops and around the corner of buildings etc. so long barrels would be more ideal.

1699563029982.png

This one shows excellent procedure and discipline, especially for a combined party breach. Forward fella has good trigger discipline. 2nd man has good command with his hand on 1st man's shoulder letting him know when to penetrate. Also likely the man leading the squad & commanding vocally. Good sharing of individual responsibilities with the fellas holding their rifles up and those holding them down and excellent all-around situational awareness with all eyes on the front man ready to move. Anyone know what SMG 3rd man is holding?

1699566656405.png

Talked about some of the other pics but these two I thought were pretty interesting and worthy of sharing,

what Eygpt did was for itself and we saw that in camp David. unilateral agreement to take back Sinai without consulting your allies in war syrians or Palestinians
So in the end we will not have Sinai back.
Palestine and Syria were excluded both literally stabbed in the back

Yasser Arafat was invited in Camp David Accords specially during Mena House talks. But he refused so it is his problem. Plus he is just a hypocrite and a liar. He said that Sadat didn't talk about Palestine during his speech in the Knesset, if he only stated the palestinian situation, the whole situation will be changed and it is Moshe Dayan convinced him to not talk about Palestine in his speech. I mean Sadat came in Israel as a victor not as a loser so no one (Israeli) can convince to say what and not to say what.

His speech in the Knesset. If he really sold Palestine he wouldn't speak for more than 10 mins only for the Palestinians cause while he is walking into the lion's den.

You don't want to accept facts. It is your problem and have a good day. And to lesson us about how we "betrayed" Palestine.

So in the end we will not have Sinai back.

Yasser Arafat was invited in Camp David Accords specially during Mena House talks. But he refused so it is his problem. Plus he is just a hypocrite and a liar. He said that Sadat didn't talk about Palestine during his speech in the Knesset, if he only stated the palestinian situation, the whole situation will be changed and it is Moshe Dayan convinced him to not talk about Palestine in his speech. I mean Sadat came in Israel as a victor not as a loser so no one (Israeli) can convince to say what and not to say what.

His speech in the Knesset. If he really sold Palestine he wouldn't speak for more than 10 mins only for the Palestinians cause while he is walking into the lion's den.

You don't want to accept facts. It is your problem and have a good day. And to lesson us about how we "betrayed" Palestine.
You are posting speeches ? Everyone make speeches, they have no value. Try reading what the actual agreement are and what they are suppose to do

And what is a " lion den"???

Agreements are clear and available for anyone to see

In summary he went had a great speech on Palestine rights, accepted Israel position/govt and Israel okayed uncle sam to give 3b$ of security aid every year(basically all f16s) and emptied Sinai

Not a bad deal for Israel got Palestine on plater..

Obviously the then Arab rulers didn't like it and kicked eygptians out of the useless OIC and Arab league

Well currently everyone is like this so they can't kick out every one from Arab league or no one will be left in it

What's done is done

Let's see if eygptians put any real pressure on Israelis or will make "great" speeches like erdogan

Erdogan is better with fake speeches IMO

They do A LOT of tactical urban warfare training with specially designed obstacle courses in custom-built mini towns with roads and buildings and the whole shmorgasborg. They built them as part of the Mohammad Naguib military base along with specialized courses for tactical anti-terrorism training which even includes a retired Boeing 70-something, rigged & mounted for hostage highjack rescue training. They also have a stripped Mi-8 hanging off a scaffold for rope-drop training. They even included navy training with all the pools etc. Several dedicated gun ranges indoor & outdoor and a lot more stuff. All the standard stuff really that almost all militaries have and train with and since the base was built, they've been doing a lot of joint training exercises mostly with Arab partners & Bright Star. But after this Cyclone Ex., we should definitely see many more exercises with Indian & other SOFs.

You know, a lot of people will look at these pics and glaze right over them, while some others will take a lot more out of them. A good friend of mine and PT co-worker is an ex-US Marine and served 2 tours in Iraq but declined his 3rd by retiring because (as he puts it) "woke up" and realized there was nothing he was doing there that was related to defending freedom. He wanted to go to Afghanistan instead, but it wasn't his choice to make. He went through a very difficult period after he retired and for many years suffered with PTSD. Was even on suicide watch for a while. It was sad and very difficult, especially for his wife who's a good friend of the lovely Missus but thank God things have been much better for several years now. Contrary to what a lot of these guys do which is not talk about any of that stuff, he actually opens up quite a bit, mostly to family and very close friends and let me tell you, talk about horror stories, wow. Some of the things he's told me are so far removed from humanity they even outdo Hollywood.

They were over for dinner and then later, while enjoying coffee & cigars, we were talking about the Iraqi military he was telling me that what most people saw on the news and online were the ones who surrendered and the ones who were fighting them in the towns and cities who were dressed in civilian clothing driving Toyota trucks and just ragtag militia and basically undisciplined terrorists. But they never showed how in several instances, him and his unit dealt with something quite different. Some of those Iraqi "terrorists" were setting up perimeters with cover fire and traps with decoys; all the stuff regular guys don't exactly do. It got to the point where the platoon leaders had to reassess their own tactics & methods because they realized these guys were not regular guys dressed as civilians carrying AK's and RPG's and were most likely ex-Iraqi military including SOFs. Even the way they were communicating with one another was classic tactics for a very well-trained army or even special forces. I wasn't surprised at all.

So we were looking at these same pics I posted for you and other brothers, and these are the things he pointed out which are really interesting I thought I would share. On this first one he commented on the difference in the posture. He said because the fellas on the left had good posture appear to be more experienced, as in have been serving & working together longer than the ones on the right who were more likely rookies or newbies highlighted by the situational awareness he observed. Last man on the right needs to be covering their rear like the fella on the left but he's not doing that and is just watching the breach. That was a no no. Constructive criticism nothing intentionally demeaning or anything of that sort, just FYI. Other things - both groups handling their weapons well. No one flagging the other to avoid accidentally shooting of one of their own guys, including group to group. I asked what about 2nd in line with the micro-Uzi, looks like flagging the guy 1st in line? He said sometimes you really have no choice because of the direction & tight quarters and 2nd in line has cover fire for the 1st in line, so has to point his weapon in that direction and as long as he has trigger discipline, should be fine. I thought that was pretty neat. Only other critique on this pic was he didn't see any signs of the use of a stun grenade prior to the breach. But that could be because they're conducting a non-live-fire exercise which is perfectly fine. And that he would rather see them using short-barrel rifles instead of long ones like the M4s, but that was too critical since these guys are not dedicated units to this specific type of mission, but rather combined urban warfare missions were they would also be sniping threats on rooftops and around the corner of buildings etc. so long barrels would be more ideal.

View attachment 973582

This one shows excellent procedure and discipline, especially for a combined party breach. Forward fella has good trigger discipline. 2nd man has good command with his hand on 1st man's shoulder letting him know when to penetrate. Also likely the man leading the squad & commanding vocally. Good sharing of individual responsibilities with the fellas holding their rifles up and those holding them down and excellent all-around situational awareness with all eyes on the front man ready to move. Anyone know what SMG 3rd man is holding?

View attachment 973997
Talked about some of the other pics but these two I thought were pretty interesting and worthy of sharing,
Thanks for such detailed reply firstly man

What you said is hundred percent right, casual defense fans like me with no knowledge mostly just enjoy the pics and gloss over the finer details your good friend has pointed out.

Sorry to hear about his PTSD, but good that he is in a better place now. Friends certainly help with moral support in such situations, and its good to share with them the pain.

You know reading about that Iraqi operations part, made me wonder -- like you got Army going in thinking, these must be some rag tag bunch. Suddenly they find its not so, must be pretty scary no. Takes cool nerves and calm mind, to first accept the threat level is much higher. Then to re define your strategy midway, which must have been even harder.

Another thing about what your friend said, also made me think and maybe you can reply on that. Like you said the soldiers while breaching, didn't use the sten grenade. He said its ok cause its not live fire, but then do they change SOP during live action? I mean am just wondering on the muscle memory they get, while doing these training exercises where they don't use it and then suddenly have to use it in action when called upon to. Might be a silly question, but the thought crossed in my mind.

The gun part you mentioned, I am not sure if the third man is a Indian soldier or Egyptian. From what I was able to glean, it could be a Tavor X95 no? Indian SOF do use it, and the end part looks pretty similar but I could be wrong too.

Thanks again for those interesting bits you shared, interesting to read a person's journey and his issues while working in combat area.

You are posting speeches ? Everyone make speeches, they have no value. Try reading what the actual agreement are and what they are suppose to do

And what is a " lion den"???

Agreements are clear and available for anyone to see

In summary he went had a great speech on Palestine rights, accepted Israel position/govt and Israel okayed uncle sam to give 3b$ of security aid every year(basically all f16s) and emptied Sinai

Not a bad deal for Israel got Palestine on plater..

Obviously the then Arab rulers didn't like it and kicked eygptians out of the useless OIC and Arab league

Well currently everyone is like this so they can't kick out every one from Arab league or no one will be left in it

What's done is done

Let's see if eygptians put any real pressure on Israelis or will make "great" speeches like erdogan

Erdogan is better with fake speeches IMO
How do you want us to have back our land from our occupiers?
Sent to you speeches, interviews. If you want counter argument do it by facts. I sent you facts saying that Egypt didn't betray the Palestinians because they were invited to the Camp David Accords.

All of those. Anything above 37km (or 20 nmi) is considered beyond visual range for missiles.

The official definition of a BVR missile is: A beyond-visual-range missile (BVR) is an air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) that is capable of engaging at ranges of 20 nmi (37 km) or beyond.

The problem is that with the evolution of radar technology, the detection range became greater and greater and so air to air missiles production jumped on the bandwagon and once a missile attained a new and greater distance, they needed to develop another one with even greater range and so on and so forth. That was essentially the entire story to the development of the AIM-120. It went from A to B to C and then D and now the evolution of seekers and data linkage has pushed the creation of the AIM-260. Eventually they'll be shooting targets in space.

From my experience with speaking to pros whenever I get a chance, most of them tell me the ideal range is somewhere between 80km - 120km. Over that it's a shot in the dark and many of these guys either fly fighters now or flew them not too long ago.

Yep. All the ones I listed are right at or under 300km due to ITAR regs. CMs are considered offensive weapons which is the primary reason for ITAR's 300km or under limit. But you're 100% right as far as having them for defensive purposes; The old sports adage "a good defense is a good offense".

Yes, that's what I mentioned, just that we only have tidbits of info right now and nothing concrete. Egypt is a large partner in IOC with Saudi, UAE, Qatar and so on developing all types of munitions including CMs.

In the past 2 years, Egypt has been involved with the UAE and its EDGE Group which looks promising. They've already developed the Al Tariq missile and made it operational. It's considered a glide bomb but has all the features of a cruise missile which some of the following variants seem to be headed that way. Both UAE & EAF F-16s and Mirage 2000s have been seen carrying them and even using them in Libya.

Then there's all sorts of tentative JV projects such as BRAHMOS with India and others with Brazil, Serbia etc. Even with Pakistan and Ra'ad if I'm not mistaken. As far as strictly indigenous CMs, @sami_1 can tell you more about those.
F18111222.jpg

Before we respond to the issue of Egypt’s need for cruise missiles, there are points that must be clarified
The global air force is suffering from contraction. The Israeli Air Force has shrunk from 850 fighters to less than 400 fighters.
The Egyptian Air Force has about 400 fighters. The number of fighters will be increased by acquiring numbers of light fighters or fourth generation Chinese fighters ++
In addition to fifth generation fighters
The Air Force needs cruise missiles, but with a new idea
Cruise missiles with low weight and long range
It was previously explained that the main cruise missile must weigh 700-1000 kilograms in order to be mounted on light fighters or heavy fighters in larger numbers for a longer range.
As well as cruise missiles with a long range, but with devastating warheads

Global trends are looking for cruise missiles with light weights of 300-500 kilograms and long ranges with a destructive warhead of 120-140 kilograms and with ranges of 300-800 kilometers as well.
To be downloaded especially on drones as well

The third category of conventional cruise missiles, such as Storm Shadow, weighs 1,400 kilograms but has a range of up to 1,000 kilometers.
Finally, hypersonic missiles weighing 1-1.5 tons at speeds higher than Mach 5.
scrab 3245.jpg

F-4E can used as carrier

The Egyptian Air Force’s acquisition of Chinese-Russian Eastern fighters is imperative to obtain huge numbers of cruise missiles, at least 10 missiles for each fighter.

Egypt had requested from France an additional 300 SCLAP EG missiles, in addition to the 75-100 missiles it had previously obtained. It purchased 50 new missiles and obtained 25-50 missiles from the French Air Force’s stock.

The Russians, after the fall of a complete SCLAP EG missile, offered Egypt assistance in producing the SCLAP EG missile locally. They offered the same thing to Algeria as a blow to the French defense industry, which refuses to allow Egypt to produce military equipment of high value.

Egypt is talking about a cruise missile derived from the SCRAB 324 plane, with a range of 800 km, with a 300 kg destroyer warhead, launched from the F-16 & F-4E aircraft.
Egypt's production of missiles using engines such as the TRI-60/40 is continuously available to Egypt if it desires to do so
415045_430568546989192_2109097340_o.jpg

Egypt works on military balance with all its neighbors, whether Turkey, Iran, or Israel, and does not allow any of them to be superior, despite the West’s support for Israel to be superior, but Egypt balances with the diversity of suppliers, the diversity of equipment, and the exploitation of Egypt’s area and size as a larger country.

Egypt has a financing capacity 1.5 times that of countries like Pakistan, meaning it can provide funding to implement weapons projects just like Pakistan if there is a need for it.

Information about missiles always appears, such as Egypt negotiating the CM-400AKG with Saudi Arabia, and then disappears.
And even the CM-302 missile to replace the old HY-2/HY-4 family
Which was produced locally and developed several times and reached ranges of more than 320 kilometers in its latest version, but it has become old and heavy.

Egypt does not announce any weapon that has an impact, simply because any announcement will create greater military support for Israel. Therefore, Egypt does not announce its current capability, even in simple systems such as anti-tank missiles, let alone cruise missiles or ballistic missiles.
There is information available on the Internet that Egypt has undeclared programs to produce ballistic and cruise missiles.
Egypt possesses 600 different EXCOSET / HARPOON / OTOMAT missiles
Launch32132312.jpg

The importance of this point is due to the fact that there are developments previously announced by America to raise the range of the HARPOON missile to a range of 900 kilometers several years ago. Simply put, there is a trend to raise the range of such missiles to 3 times its previous range.

We explained in previous responses that missiles such as the Harpoon and target drones that operate with turbojet engines use the same engine, and these engines have been built locally since the 1980s in Egypt due to their large numbers and the obsolescence of their existence means the availability of manufacturing techniques for them locally, which means that if there is a desire to produce cruise missiles, what can be exploited can be exploited. It is possible or even to use these engines to build missiles with newer designs with support from different countries. Many times, countries are used as a front and arms deals with some countries are used for the benefit of producing local projects.
Previously announced in the media, news that no one paid attention to. I explained in advance that the German companies with which Egypt concluded MEKO-200GP/EG frigate deals are helping Egypt produce a new surface-to-surface missile. Egypt simply did not obtain, for example, 130 French Exocet missiles that do not meet Egypt’s missile needs. It still needs 4-6 additional frigates, 4-8 corvettes and 20 missile boats, all of which require a new surface-to-surface missile in addition to replacing the older HARPOON missiles.

Things are not complicated, but simpler than some imagine. Even the old Harpoon missiles can have their engines used to produce new cruise missiles with a new design and integrate the engine into the new missile with the introduction of the new Egyptian anti-ship missile.

The Americans spoke a lot about the fact that Egypt had converted the SCRAB 324 plane, which uses a turbojet engine developed from the Harpoon missile, into a cruise missile with a range of 500-800 kilometers, by replacing the recovery parts of the plane with a 300-kg destroyer head.

So we return to the two points. The first is whether there is a need. The second point is to meet this need for missiles, whether locally produced or imported from abroad.
1699616855858.png

We had a proposal years ago, which was the KH-38 missile family, from which the 300-kilometre-range KH-36E1 GROM cruise missile was derived. To produce locally and develop other types with better performance, range, and destructive capacity at a low cost
There are disasters that armies face
The successes of the Palestinians in removing the prestige of the Israeli army, which represents a terror to the trembling hands of the Arab armies with their weapons.
It will continue to be a curse facing the Arab and Islamic armies that do not support the Palestinian resistance militarily

The Iranian military industry, which began with simple techniques and gradually developed over time, is a country that has possessed the resources and capabilities for 40 years and is led by failures, corrupt people, mentally disabled people, and charlatans.

Egypt's problem is fighting the private sector from corrupt people who control the government. They consider their control over everything to be like a dog holding a bite in its mouth that can never get rid of it. The argument they use is that the private sector is corrupt. The private sector is corrupt. It is the only one that succeeds in dealing with you.

Kh-59MK2_missile_at_MAKS-2015_01.jpg

Fake news spreads a lot

Screenshot_2-13-1.jpg

8 November, 2023 TV3-117 engine of the Mi-8 helicopter. Photo credits: авиару.рф

Russia Buys Back Helicopter Engines from Partner Countries​

Aviation Egypt Helicopters Mi-8/17/171 Russia World
Moscow is asking for the return of more than a hundred previously sold engines from Egypt, Pakistan, Belarus, and Brazil.
Sources told The Wall Street Journal that when the Russian army lost dozens of helicopters at the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine, Russia turned to Egypt for help.
Last April, a delegation of Russian officials visiting Cairo asked Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi to give back 150 engines from Russian Mi-17 helicopters.

At the same time, Egypt initially planned to supply missiles to Russia, but abandoned this idea under pressure from the United States.
The talks in Cairo were part of Russia’s broader attempts to reach out to its longtime customers, who have been buying Russian aircraft, missiles, and air defense systems for decades.
1699618421511.jpeg

Destroyed Russian Mi-8 helicopter in the Kharkiv region. March 2022. Photo credits: @raging545
The terms of the agreement are described by the sources as follows: Moscow forgives Cairo’s arrears in payment for previous arms supplies (some of the transfers were disrupted due to restrictions on Russian banks’ work with the SWIFT system), continues to supply wheat to Egypt and does not withdraw its military advisers, and Cairo quickly returns 150 engines.
In addition, Egypt refused the U.S. request to supply weapons to Ukraine.

Following the negotiations, the engines are expected to return to Russia in December.
Since the start of the war, Russia has also held talks with Pakistan, Belarus, and Brazil, a former Russian intelligence officer told the WSJ.
Russia has also asked Pakistan for at least four Mi-35M engines from helicopters that it previously sold. Belarus sold six Mi-26 heavy-transport helicopter engines back to Moscow. Russia has asked Brazil to buy back 12 engines from Mi-35M military-helicopter engines that Brazil decommissioned last year.
1699618444364.jpeg

Mi-35M helicopter of the Air Force of Belarus. August 2023. Photo credits: Ministry of Defense of Belarus
The Brazilian Foreign Ministry said it had abandoned the deal. Russia’s need for arms has also affected its exports, which in some cases has led to the disruption of deals, especially for ground forces weapons systems.
At the same time, in August 2023, the Belarusian Air Force received a batch of Russian Mi-35M helicopters.

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/russia-buys-back-helicopter-engines-from-partner-countries/

This news always lacks credibility
Let's analyze the news
The meaning of Egypt giving 150 TV3 engines to Russia is to simply leave its aircraft without any technical support or engines for spare parts for multiple helicopters, meaning to simply put its fleet out of service quickly, and this is of course not possible in light of the threats facing the region.

The Russians themselves produce more than 500 TV3 engines annually, and in 2023 they achieved the production of 296 helicopters, and their loss rate this year decreased significantly. Rather, they compensated for the losses in 2022 from this year’s production simply.

The Russians may have made other offers to countries like India, which is for these countries to produce engines locally in joint projects and share the profits. What we see that India will produce R-27, KH31, and R-74 missiles is nothing more than meeting the market needs of Russian ammunition through intermediary countries such as India
What would happen if one of the countries produced the VK-2500P3 engine, especially countries that have large numbers of Russian helicopters?
This is what the Russians did with China and perhaps Egypt and Algeria

1699618064487.png

Rather, when the Russians obtained a complete copy of the SCLAP EG missile, they offered Egypt assistance in producing it locally, with Russian support, instead of purchasing it from France, in order to deal a blow to the French arms industry.

Egyptian military debts to Russia are low and do not represent a large number. There has been an exchange in national currencies outside the SWIFT system, which dealing with will simply shrink in the coming months, whether through dealing in national currencies or commodity swap deals.
Egypt can simply supply fertilizers in exchange for wheat with India and Romania
Egyptian products in exchange for tea for Kenya
And Egyptian products to Tanzania in exchange for meat and so on

The news that is published many times is simply directed at why Egypt refuses to supply 40,000 GRAD missiles when it has stocks exceeding 1 million missiles produced over the past 40 years.
The Russians spread their industry

Egypt's problem is fighting the private sector from corrupt people who control the government. They consider their control over everything to be like a dog holding a bite in its mouth that can never get rid of it. The argument they use is that the private sector is corrupt. The private sector is corrupt. It is the only one that succeeds in dealing with you.

WRONG. Technically private sector cannot be corrupt as its survival depends upon its performance. A private entity will fire the employees who are corrupt or not giving any performance. Private sectors need to outperform only that's the way they get revenue and they survive. The term corruption is solely related with govt / public sectors like military and govt departments which is taking its entire budget from people's pocket. Nobody can fire them, they do overstaffing because they are not paying salaries from their own pockets.

Egypt's main problem is same as Pakistan's that's overreach of its military. The militaries are govt sector, their head is essentially a govt officer who should be accountable to people (people representatives). That person is essentially a servant of citizens of that country. You put a leash around your military and put it under public representatives where it belongs and you will eventually solve all of your problems. No country has ever succeeded where military is above and beyond citizens, law and constitutions of that country. You can check G-20 countries and see none of country has a disobedient military that operates on public money without public accountability and check.

WRONG. Technically private sector cannot be corrupt as its survival depends upon its performance. A private entity will fire the employees who are corrupt or not giving any performance. Private sectors need to outperform only that's the way they get revenue and they survive. The term corruption is solely related with govt / public sectors like military and govt departments which is taking its entire budget from people's pocket. Nobody can fire them, they do overstaffing because they are not paying salaries from their own pockets.

Egypt's main problem is same as Pakistan's that's overreach of its military. The militaries are govt sector, their head is essentially a govt officer who should be accountable to people (people representatives). That person is essentially a servant of citizens of that country. You put a leash around your military and put it under public representatives where it belongs and you will eventually solve all of your problems. No country has ever succeeded where military is above and beyond citizens, law and constitutions of that country. You can check G-20 countries and see none of country has a disobedient military that operates on public money without public accountability and check.

Any corrupt and failed system that only the corrupt, thieves, and failures accept to deal with. What I am saying is based on previous experience and a true vision of things that happen in failed countries.
The military leaders want to rule by force of arms and oppress their people, and they are always failed and corrupt, and there is no leader for them. The state’s debt suffering is caused by the failure who rules.
Its failure in water security
A failure in food security
Failure to protect national security in the field of economics
Failure to even calm the Egyptian borders in Libya and Sudan
Causing the collapse of the value of the national currency by more than 85%.
These regimes do not find anyone to hold them accountable, and if they were held accountable, they would be executed on charges of treason and corruption, and no one can speak or disagree as a result of the violent treatment and accusations of treason that will be imposed on them.

The peoples refuse to cooperate with these regimes. I will show you a simple example. The Egyptian people are celebrating 65 billion dollars in a fight outside the failed and corrupt banking system as a result of lack of confidence in the regime and the state. Egypt is looking to give them a financing gap of 17 billion dollars, meaning you have many times the same story. The people own tens of tons of bullion. Gold in homes far from the banking system

Tens of thousands of private factories in Egypt have been closed. This shows that the people are against the regimes by refusing to deal with them. No matter how strong the military is, the people trample them with their boots by refusing to cooperate with them, and they are defeated.

I think you are confusing corruption with efficiency. Private companies can be highly corrupt in their practices of getting gov contracts, this is highly evident in defence dealings.

Thanks for such detailed reply firstly man

What you said is hundred percent right, casual defense fans like me with no knowledge mostly just enjoy the pics and gloss over the finer details your good friend has pointed out.

Sorry to hear about his PTSD, but good that he is in a better place now. Friends certainly help with moral support in such situations, and its good to share with them the pain.

Sure, thank you. Indeed, it's practically impossible to understand depression in general, but when it's compounded by PTSD it's even worse. Funny thing is my wife's uncle was also a Marine who served in the Pacific Theater during WWII, specifically in the battle of Guadalcanal! He was actually wounded and earned a purple heart medal, yet he seemed the complete opposite of someone you would think went through that particular battle & war in general would be. This guy (may he rest in peace) would talk our ears off and blab for hours about all the brutal & gruesome things that he saw and even did without an ounce of compunction lol. And we all know the brutality the Japanese inflicted on their perceived enemies to which the favor was most certainly returned in many unscrupulous ways. Even his wife (God bless her also and may she rest in peace) would yell at him to shut up lol. The thing with him as we all figured out was, he compensated quite well with alcohol, so there was his outlet that enabled him to deal with his life after the war. He was a functioning alcoholic for decades after until he passed from liver disease at old age. Another fella I didn't really know very well who as a short-term boyfriend of a dear lady friend of mine was a Vietnam vet. And let me tell you, that poor fella would burst out at the dinner table in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner and scream all sorts of incoherent & even coherent things that were clearly the result of unimaginable guilt & experiences from the horrifying things he saw and did during missions he conducted in that most unfortunate war. Most of the time he would end up in the hospital but there were a couple of times were they had to lock him up for the night. We all felt really bad for him.

You know reading about that Iraqi operations part, made me wonder -- like you got Army going in thinking, these must be some rag tag bunch. Suddenly they find its not so, must be pretty scary no. Takes cool nerves and calm mind, to first accept the threat level is much higher. Then to re define your strategy midway, which must have been even harder.

Indeed. It also shows us how diligent and top-notch pro-level the US military is, regardless of the political or moral aspect of things, one can't help but admire how his higher-ups had the wherewithal to quickly recognize the level of threat and efficiently make the proper adjustments. We talked about that aspect at length, and it was just super interesting stuff, especially to us laymen who are military enthusiasts and to be able to corelate it with this topic we're discussing makes it that much more fun.

Another thing about what your friend said, also made me think and maybe you can reply on that. Like you said the soldiers while breaching, didn't use the sten grenade. He said its ok cause its not live fire, but then do they change SOP during live action? I mean am just wondering on the muscle memory they get, while doing these training exercises where they don't use it and then suddenly have to use it in action when called upon to. Might be a silly question, but the thought crossed in my mind.

That's a great point and we actually talked about that. The use of live fire is not necessary in this particular case because of a couple of reasons. One is that this could very well be the first time these two nationalities conducted an exercise like this and to jump right into a live-fire exercise wouldn't be prudent from a safety standpoint. As a matter of fact, since they weren't using any type of 'simunition' (non-lethal or blank rounds), their weapons were most likely unloaded as well so no need to toss a stun grenade either.

Second was that they'll be conducting their own live-fire exercises anyway and prior to that, they have meetings and go through the entire procedure in detail so they're all on the same page and follow through those steps and know what to expect. Then at some point with their own respective training (where they'll develop & sustain that muscle memory you were referring to) they'll be able to eventually conduct joint exercises starting out with simunition first, then move to live fire.

The gun part you mentioned, I am not sure if the third man is a Indian soldier or Egyptian. From what I was able to glean, it could be a Tavor X95 no? Indian SOF do use it, and the end part looks pretty similar but I could be wrong too.

It looks like the X95 is the larger one the other Indian soldiers are using, pretty much the standard Tavor bullpup designed gun. I just looked up the list of weapons used by the Indian Army and lol, I had a feeling, before even typing in the URL that was going to be in for a huuuuuugggeeeaaaahhh list hahaha and sure enough, that thing was massive! :D You guys don't mess around man haha. What I found that looks like it might be it is the Brügger & Thomet MP9.

1699630388938.png

It's on this list of weapons the Indian Army uses and the closest resemblance to the one in the photo. Only difference is the one the Indian SF is using appears to have an extended stock with a handle/picatinny rail combination. But the rest looks like this MP9 and it could've been modified as all those guys tend to do that kinda thing with their rifles for preference. It has the magazine-holding pistol-grip & foregrip just like this MP9, even the stubby bluntnose barrel. Maybe @The SC or @Faceless or @MirageBlue or @jhungary know what it is. Thanks for the interaction BTW. Good discussion helped me learn a lot. :tup: 🙂

Sure, thank you. Indeed, it's practically impossible to understand depression in general, but when it's compounded by PTSD it's even worse. Funny thing is my wife's uncle was also a Marine who served in the Pacific Theater during WWII, specifically in the battle of Guadalcanal! He was actually wounded and earned a purple heart medal, yet he seemed the complete opposite of someone you would think went through that particular battle & war in general would be. This guy (may he rest in peace) would talk our ears off and blab for hours about all the brutal & gruesome things that he saw and even did without an ounce of compunction lol. And we all know the brutality the Japanese inflicted on their perceived enemies to which the favor was most certainly returned in many unscrupulous ways. Even his wife (God bless her also and may she rest in peace) would yell at him to shut up lol. The thing with him as we all figured out was, he compensated quite well with alcohol, so there was his outlet that enabled him to deal with his life after the war. He was a functioning alcoholic for decades after until he passed from liver disease at old age. Another fella I didn't really know very well who as a short-term boyfriend of a dear lady friend of mine was a Vietnam vet. And let me tell you, that poor fella would burst out at the dinner table in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner and scream all sorts of incoherent & even coherent things that were clearly the result of unimaginable guilt & experiences from the horrifying things he saw and did during missions he conducted in that most unfortunate war. Most of the time he would end up in the hospital but there were a couple of times were they had to lock him up for the night. We all felt really bad for him.

Indeed. It also shows us how diligent and top-notch pro-level the US military is, regardless of the political or moral aspect of things, one can't help but admire how his higher-ups had the wherewithal to quickly recognize the level of threat and efficiently make the proper adjustments. We talked about that aspect at length, and it was just super interesting stuff, especially to us laymen who are military enthusiasts and to be able to corelate it with this topic we're discussing makes it that much more fun.

That's a great point and we actually talked about that. The use of live fire is not necessary in this particular case because of a couple of reasons. One is that this could very well be the first time these two nationalities conducted an exercise like this and to jump right into a live-fire exercise wouldn't be prudent from a safety standpoint. As a matter of fact, since they weren't using any type of 'simunition' (non-lethal or blank rounds), their weapons were most likely unloaded as well so no need to toss a stun grenade either.

Second was that they'll be conducting their own live-fire exercises anyway and prior to that, they have meetings and go through the entire procedure in detail so they're all on the same page and follow through those steps and know what to expect. Then at some point with their own respective training (where they'll develop & sustain that muscle memory you were referring to) they'll be able to eventually conduct joint exercises starting out with simunition first, then move to live fire.

It looks like the X95 is the larger one the other Indian soldiers are using, pretty much the standard Tavor bullpup designed gun. I just looked up the list of weapons used by the Indian Army and lol, I had a feeling, before even typing in the URL that was going to be in for a huuuuuugggeeeaaaahhh list hahaha and sure enough, that thing was massive! :D You guys don't mess around man haha. What I found that looks like it might be it is the Brügger & Thomet MP9.

View attachment 981169

It's on this list of weapons the Indian Army uses and the closest resemblance to the one in the photo. Only difference is the one the Indian SF is using appears to have an extended stock with a handle/picatinny rail combination. But the rest looks like this MP9 and it could've been modified as all those guys tend to do that kinda thing with their rifles for preference. It has the magazine-holding pistol-grip & foregrip just like this MP9, even the stubby bluntnose barrel. Maybe @The SC or @Faceless or @MirageBlue or @jhungary know what it is. Thanks for the interaction BTW. Good discussion helped me learn a lot. :tup: 🙂
Thanks man, the information you shared has helped me understand some points as well. Stay strong bro

View attachment 981169

that looks like TMP to me.

450px-Steyr_TMP_9mmPara_001.jpg

TMP have similar (Not going to say the same) design as MP-9 because Brugger bought the TMP design from Steyr back in early 2000s. The only noticeable difference is the groove in the tip of the barrel, TMP use thread lock (so the tradition threading on barrel) to secure the suppressor while MP9 uses a pair of lug like MP5, so you should be able to see the grove in a MP-9, that weapon in the picture looks too clean, now, it could be my eyesight is just gone downhill and I didn't see the lug or the print was not clear, I don't know, but looking at Wikipedia (which is not a good source by the way) it said Para SF uses MP9 not TMP, but then SF can probably use any weapon in the world, I know for a fact some Greenie don't use the M4 the army gave them and uses bigger caliber (7.62) some even have M14 (not M1A or EBR but good old standard wooden stock M14 decked out with ACOG and more) So that itself cannot be determined...

On the other hand, room/door clearing is probably standard now, everyone has to go thru the training, I can tell you a few things about the picture as well.

1699563029982.png

First thing first is ALWAYS look for window or hole, you don't stand in front of a window when you are outside, even if you already looked inside, you don't stand upright next to the window when you are not looking at it, so the guys in green circle are all doing it wrong, they are facing the other side of the window, if that is the case, they should be crouching down below the eye level, because first, you may get shot, second, if someone is inside, they know you are about to breach.

Another things I wanted to point out is there are WAYYYYYY too many people stacking up here, maybe it's because of a joint training exercise as you mentioned, I don't know, but usually you only stack a fireteam at each door, clearing a room is what we called a NCO initiative, which mean a NCO in charge of that, because you need to think of what happened after that door, and how you are going to proceed with that subsequent or overall operation. If you stack 12 men on a door, then that command structure will be either going to a senior SGT (either a SFC/SSG), or even a LT (I know I would be personally involved if you are talking about a section like this). I mean sure, if that is a big building and you all want to jump in to the same room and go from there, but more likely than not if you have this big group, you would make multiple entry point so some will go thru the door, some will go thru the window and some will make hole and get in themselves. You are talking about 3 doors worth of soldier stacking at the same time here.....

And finally, that's a personal choice, but if this was me, I would probably have the SMG guy go first, you have max awareness and engagement distant with a SMG, so he can engage target before you can pick up the good old M4 or Tavor, you want the person who go in first have the shortest time to engage target (Not sure if it make sense) and it usually not the first guy next to the door who go in first, because the first guy next to the door would usually carry a shotgun or crowbar or ram for physical breach, the first guy is useless other than opening the door, usually all the guy on the breacher side by-pass the breacher, and he go in last after he changed his weapon.

But again, as I said, that's just me......

Egypt surrounds Israel! Watch the first footage of Egyptian tanks and armored vehicles arriving at the entity's borders in preparation for the intervention..

Sisi: we won't allow forced migration of Palestinians to Sinai..
Prime minister of Egypt: we are ready to sacrifice millions of souls for Sinai..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom