What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

This was not a terrorism issue, Sisi under the instructions of UAE threatened war with Turkey because Turkey shattered their autocratic dreams of toppling the Tripoli govt .
Literaly how the 21 copts were martyred in Libya by ISIS. Did you see the video. How the most wanted egyptian terrorist, Hesham Ashmawy ,(ex Unit 999 officer/ISIS leader) was captured in Libya in 2018.

@Ghostkiller @sami_1

What ballistic and cruice missile technology does Egypt have? Also does Egypt have any long range AA missile with Aesa technology. Thanks

@Ghostkiller @sami_1

What ballistic and cruice missile technology does Egypt have? Also does Egypt have any long range AA missile with Aesa technology. Thanks
From what I know, we produce Scud ballistic missiles and North Korean BM like Nodong, Badr-2000. Cruise Missile we don't that much. But the army showcased some CM but it was never showcased officially, it was just photos behind some army delegations.
I am young so I don't really know a lot of our defense industry. Someone like @Gomig-21 or @The SC can explain more (@Gomig-21 I am not telling you that you are old or grandpa hahaha)

@Ghostkiller @sami_1

1699472098940.png

But we possess this bomb in our inventory hahaha. The name of this bomb is NASR 9000

The Sparrow is a joke really. I remember not loading this POS even if I was out of AIM-9s in Falcon 4.0 Allied Force campaigns.

Oh my goodness, thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to base my knowledge on video games from now on, even much more than straight from US F-15 & F-16 pilots. After all, what the hell would they know, right? Can't believe I was that naive, smh. Good looking out, bro. :tup:

@Ghostkiller @sami_1

- SCALP with the Rafales and more to come InshaAllah with the new order.
- RGM-84 & AGM-84 Harpoon in both variants, air & naval.
- MBDA Apache
- Otomat MK-1/MK-2
- 3M-54 Kalibr
- AS-30L
- KH-58
- KH-59
- There are some local CMs being jointly developed currently but we don't have solid proof of the programs' current status.

@Gomig-21 or @The SC can explain more (@Gomig-21 I am not telling you that you are old or grandpa hahaha)

Yea you are haha.
Fun joke: An old man in his late 80's is at a McDonald's driveway intercom. He couldn't see the menu very well so was taking a bit longer time to order. Young chick behind him gets frustrated starts honking the horn yelling "let's go what's taking so long!" Old man waves to her and says he's sorry finishes ordering and drives up to the first window to pay. Tells the cashier he'll pay for the lady behind him and takes both receipts and pulls up the next food window. Looks in his rearview mirror and notices the chick is all embarrassed and feels bad now for the old man and she yells out her window "thank you, sir, I'm really sorry". Old man waves back you're welcome, shows the food server both receipts and takes both meals! Now she had to drive back through the driveway and wait through the whole process again! :D

SCALP with the Rafales and more to come InshaAllah with the new order.
- RGM-84 & AGM-84 Harpoon in both variants, air & naval.
- MBDA Apache
- Otomat MK-1/MK-2
- 3M-54 Kalibr
- AS-30L
- KH-58
- KH-59
- There are some local CMs being jointly developed currently but we don't have solid proof of the programs' current status.

Which ones are long range BVR missiles. The SCALP range is modified to be under 300KM.

Egypt certainly needs cruise missiles and ballistic missiles to improve its defence. Do they have any plans to build home made missiles, any ongoing project.

Oh my goodness, thanks for letting me know. I'll be sure to base my knowledge on video games from now on, even much more than straight from US F-15 & F-16 pilots. After all, what the hell would they know, right? Can't believe I was that naive, smh. Good looking out, bro. :tup:
Oof that seems to have struck a nerve 😆

Which ones are long range BVR missiles.

All of those. Anything above 37km (or 20 nmi) is considered beyond visual range for missiles.

The official definition of a BVR missile is: A beyond-visual-range missile (BVR) is an air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) that is capable of engaging at ranges of 20 nmi (37 km) or beyond.

The problem is that with the evolution of radar technology, the detection range became greater and greater and so air to air missiles production jumped on the bandwagon and once a missile attained a new and greater distance, they needed to develop another one with even greater range and so on and so forth. That was essentially the entire story to the development of the AIM-120. It went from A to B to C and then D and now the evolution of seekers and data linkage has pushed the creation of the AIM-260. Eventually they'll be shooting targets in space.

From my experience with speaking to pros whenever I get a chance, most of them tell me the ideal range is somewhere between 80km - 120km. Over that it's a shot in the dark and many of these guys either fly fighters now or flew them not too long ago.

The SCALP range is modified to be under 300KM.

Yep. All the ones I listed are right at or under 300km due to ITAR regs. CMs are considered offensive weapons which is the primary reason for ITAR's 300km or under limit. But you're 100% right as far as having them for defensive purposes; The old sports adage "a good defense is a good offense".

Egypt certainly needs cruise missiles and ballistic missiles to improve its defence. Do they have any plans to build home made missiles, any ongoing project.

Yes, that's what I mentioned, just that we only have tidbits of info right now and nothing concrete. Egypt is a large partner in IOC with Saudi, UAE, Qatar and so on developing all types of munitions including CMs.

In the past 2 years, Egypt has been involved with the UAE and its EDGE Group which looks promising. They've already developed the Al Tariq missile and made it operational. It's considered a glide bomb but has all the features of a cruise missile which some of the following variants seem to be headed that way. Both UAE & EAF F-16s and Mirage 2000s have been seen carrying them and even using them in Libya.

Then there's all sorts of tentative JV projects such as BRAHMOS with India and others with Brazil, Serbia etc. Even with Pakistan and Ra'ad if I'm not mistaken. As far as strictly indigenous CMs, @sami_1 can tell you more about those.

All of those. Anything above 37km (or 20 nmi) is considered beyond visual range for missiles.

The official definition of a BVR missile is: A beyond-visual-range missile (BVR) is an air-to-air missile (BVRAAM) that is capable of engaging at ranges of 20 nmi (37 km) or beyond.

The problem is that with the evolution of radar technology, the detection range became greater and greater and so air to air missiles production jumped on the bandwagon and once a missile attained a new and greater distance, they needed to develop another one with even greater range and so on and so forth. That was essentially the entire story to the development of the AIM-120. It went from A to B to C and then D and now the evolution of seekers and data linkage has pushed the creation of the AIM-260. Eventually they'll be shooting targets in space.

From my experience with speaking to pros whenever I get a chance, most of them tell me the ideal range is somewhere between 80km - 120km. Over that it's a shot in the dark and many of these guys either fly fighters now or flew them not too long ago.

I understand that :) but I asked about long range BVR because as we all know Usa and western nations always restricted Egypt from gaining war winning technologies. Egypt had F16s for decades but Usa never provided them with long range BVR missiles to defend their skies from you know who. Egypt must fight to get the latest technology to defend themselves, they cannot comprise on their defence.

Yep. All the ones I listed are right at or under 300km due to ITAR regs. CMs are considered offensive weapons which is the primary reason for ITAR's 300km or under limit. But you're 100% right as far as having them for defensive purposes; The old sports adage "a good defense is a good offense".

Ok thanks, In the 21st century long range cruise missiles and ballistic missiles are a must, your enemies could target you from far away and get away with it, i would say submarine launched ballistic and cruise missile capability is a must also.

I understand that :) but I asked about long range BVR because as we all know Usa and western nations always restricted Egypt from gaining war winning technologies. Egypt had F16s for decades but Usa never provided them with long range BVR missiles to defend their skies from you know who. Egypt must fight to get the latest technology to defend themselves, they cannot comprise on their defence.
As far as we know, the Meteor will come to Egypt with the MICA-NG. Last year, on our air force anniversary, our Chief of Staff of Air Force showcased a Rafale mockup carrying Meteor and SCALP missiles

What is the deterrent weapon that Egypt hides, that Israel fears, and that is superior to America? And what is the secret command center in the army?

Erm nothing. If Egypt had massive ballistic and cruise missiles arsenal then the world would know Egypt will take a few nations down with them, or biological/nukes weapons. Even Egyptian air force doesn't have much cutting edge weaponry, they are behind Israel and USA. I am hoping they have some secrets.

F16S come as part of security arrangement with Israel and are Not armed with any weapons that will harm Israel

E.g they have no AIM120 no laser guided ammunition

basically the f16s were built to be local population not against Israel

This is common place knowledge you can look it up that when Eygpt asked for aim120 Israel blocked them

So basically you only have a few rafales even Russian weapons
First of all..Egypt makes laser guided munitions for a long time now.. As for the AESA radar.. Egypt fixed this problem by linking the F-16s to its AWACS's with 500km range and terrestrial strategic early warning Radars like Resonance E with over 1000 km range.. And military satellites..

Also the guy in the video asks the question; what is the secret Why the US and Usrael are still using the Sparrow air to air missile eventhough they have the AMRAM with double the range and own AESA radar?
The answer is that the Sparrow is much better at hunting stealth targets like cruise missiles, drones or UAV's that fly very low..since the sparrow is semi-active it is guided by the fighter's radar not like the AIM-120 that counts on its own small radar..the Sparrow counts on the F-16's radar which is much bigger and more powerful than the AIM's one that can lose its efficiency against cruise missiles and drones flying very low and hiding through natural contours..Hence the Sparrow will keep its efficiency at hunting the targets without ever loosing them from sight till hitting them..This is how it is superior against stealth cruise missiles and drones flying very low..

More so..the Egyptian F-16s are integrated in an air system comprising the Rafale, the Mig-29M-M2 and most likely the SU-35 .. on top of the AWACS and the ground powerful radars.. add to it one the world's most powerful air defense systems..

The day of fighter to fighter air warfare is gone.. today its a system against another system that prevails in modern air combat.. and Egypt has managed to have its own very modern integrated air warfare system that offsets any F-16 ( more than 200 of them) shortcomings!!!

We can conclude that the Egyptian F-16s hence keep their potency in air defense, air to ground and anti-chip capabilities..

* The guy in the video concludes to tell to anyone who says the F-16 is junk and not needed anymore after this knowledge.. that he is the one not needed..

Last edited:
Erm nothing. If Egypt had massive ballistic and cruise missiles arsenal then the world would know Egypt will take a few nations down with them, or biological/nukes weapons. Even Egyptian air force doesn't have much cutting edge weaponry, they are behind Israel and USA. I am hoping they have some secrets.
Israeli politicians warn Netanyahu against war with Egypt: it possesses ballistic missiles capable of obliterating Israel..

Sisi's terrible surprise Germany reveals the secret of Egypt's continued production and development of the Condor 2 Badr 2000 ballistic missile..

Jabal Hamza Missile Facility - Egypt​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom