What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

@sami_1 anything new?
1697911576006.png

The conflict between the Israeli occupation and Gaza, of course, has an impact
Western countries claim that they were surprised by Egypt
It hints at a conflict with Israel in the event that the Palestinian is forced to flee to Egypt, and thus Egypt also began to deal harshly with the European Union if the Americans and Europeans want to transfer 2.3 million Palestinians to Egypt. Besides, Egypt will not accept, as Egypt will transfer 9 million African and Arab refugees from Egypt to Europe via ships.
Especially after America, England, France, and Minya sent forces to the eastern Mediterranean and the western bases in Syria and Iraq, as well as a veiled threat to Egypt.
There is an economic war that has begun against Israel with an undeclared trade blockade by many countries, and Egypt may be moving to expel the Israeli ambassador soon if the attacks on Gaza and the ground operation continue. This is highly expected.
In the field of armaments, of course, the direction will be to Russia and China. It is natural for Egypt to request the acceleration of the delivery of any arms deals with the Russian and Chinese sides, given the possibility of expanding the conflict. No one can expect anything.
Cooperation with South Korea could collapse at any moment because Korea remains a tool in the hands of America
With the first shot fired from Egypt, the Europeans will curse all arms deals with Egypt immediately
America does not want to put pressure on Israel to stop, and the Israeli soldiers in front of Hamas are like those who wait for death in a ground battle, and we have all seen videos of horror and unwillingness to go to war against Hamas.

India declared its support for Israel, a country always known for betrayal and treachery. In the preparations for the October 1973 war, Egypt was asking India for weapons and it refused to sell them to Egypt. Therefore, India’s bias towards Israel will affect any military cooperation with Egypt and Arab countries except the Gulf, because the Gulf is a tool for America and in the event of any conflict between Egypt. Israel and Egypt do not expect any support from the Gulf, which was exerting economic pressure against Egypt to pass the plan to transfer the Palestinians from Gaza to Egypt.
Egypt's problem is that it does not support Hamas
It is supposed to provide sufficient weapons to make the lives of the Israelis in Gaza hell in the event of any ground attack.
And also to stop the process of destroying the neighborhoods of Gaza. If the Jews found that they were losing a lot, they would stop, as they do not understand the language of weapons, but this is a cause for ridicule.

It seems you are the guy to ask anything concerning Egypt on this forum, so I have a few questions and contributions about Sisi.

Welcome, sir. Thank you for the kind words. But I must say that my other Egyptian brothers are just as, if not even more qualified to answer questions concerning any Egyptian topic. They can certainly feel free to chime in and offer their POV.

As far as your points and question, I respect and appreciate them very much. If you don't mind, I would rather discuss them in a pertinent thread (especially the political aspect of your points) instead of a thread that is primarily dedicated to the pics & latest news of the Egyptian armed forces.

That said, I'll open a relevant thread in the Middle East section shortly -- which I've been meaning to do for a while actually -- and we can all go to town. I'll take your post there and tag you at the time, so you'll be notified. Just FYI, it probably won't be right away since we're all heavily mired and invested in the horrible Ghaza massacre that getting involved in another intricately heavy topic is probably not the best thing to do right now TBH. Hope that's ok with you.

Erdogan will never sell Sisi any weapons no matter how much relations improve between the two countries.
ha ha ha , yo do know nothing about him. backbone is a necessity for everyone but not for politician .

btw i have a question for egyptian brothers , was there a supply problem with those MRTP boats last 10 years? were you able to operate those boats properly? thanks

In the preparations for the October 1973 war, Egypt was asking India for weapons and it refused to sell them to Egypt
Would love to read more about this, can you provide some sources for this.

BTW In a show of solidarity towards Palestinians India has dispatched an IAF C-17 flight carrying around 6.5 tonnes of medical aid and 32 tonnes of disaster relief material for the people of Palestine

The flight departed for Ei-Arish airport in Egypt.

btw i have a question for egyptian brothers , was there a supply problem with those MRTP boats last 10 years? were you able to operate those boats properly? thanks

The original contract between the EN and Yonca in 2010-13 was for a total of 6 MRTP 20s. 3 supplied by Türkiye and 3 built at Alexandria shipyard. I think what happened is that the 3 from Türkiye were delivered but the additional 3 to be assembled in Egypt were cancelled due to the unfortunate rift.

There was also some news that they did have some issues with one of the boat on a mission where they were chasing cretins disguised as fishermen but not sure if the boat broke down or what. Even so, that hasn't been substantiated anyway. Other than that, I don't think there were any other issues maintaining them or getting/making spare parts etc.

Would love to read more about this, can you provide some sources for this.

BTW In a show of solidarity towards Palestinians India has dispatched an IAF C-17 flight carrying around 6.5 tonnes of medical aid and 32 tonnes of disaster relief material for the people of Palestine

The flight departed for Ei-Arish airport in Egypt.

1698004109286.png

After the 1967 war, the Soviet Union did not provide the weapons requested by Egypt in the required quantities so that it would not launch the October War in 1973.
Especially the state of reconciliation between the Soviet Union and America and their agreement to calm the situation in the Middle East
Egypt asked India for weapons produced by India with a license from Russia, but India refused
So Egypt turned to China, and after 1976, with Egypt’s relations with the Soviet Union tense, Egypt also requested spare parts for Soviet weapons, but India did not provide anything, so it obtained more than 100 engines to maintain the MIG-21 engines from China.
Egypt later produced 120 F-7 aircraft
120 Chinese F-6 aircraft for Egypt and Iraq
Therefore, Egyptian-Indian relations would not develop in the field of arms manufacturing in the 1970s and 1980s as a result of India’s refusal. Egypt was one of the largest customers of Chinese weapons, and Egypt was providing China with some Western donations for the weapons that Egypt obtained from the West after 1976.

India announced on the first day of the Gaza strikes that it stood by Israel and declared their solidarity with Israeli crimes, even though Israel itself is occupied Palestinian territory.
The Israelis asked for 150,000 Indians to work for them in simple professions in Israel
Instead of the Palestinians who work with permits from Gaza
The reasons for Modi's extremist party's alliance with Netanyahu. Perhaps this excerpt from an article explains

Modi and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s close bond has often been described as a “bromance,” writes Kavita Chowdhury for The Diplomat. India historically did not consider itself an ally of Israel, and diplomatic relations were not established until 1992 because many anti-colonial Indian leaders sympathized with the Palestinian cause, viewing their struggles as a consequence of British imperialism. But that resistance changed in 2014 with the election of Modi, whose Bharatiya Janata Party and its Hindu nationalist followers champion “Israel’s exclusionist policies toward Palestinian Muslims.” They also want India to mirror the Israeli model of a muscular military state, Chowdhary argues.

Hindu nationalists sympathize with the religious significance of Israeli autonomy, but many proponents of Hindutva have also historically admired Nazis, Siddharth Kapila writes for left-leaning Indian outlet The Wire. Some Hindu nationalist leaders have proposed using Nazi exclusionary policies against Jews as a way to purge India of Muslims, Kapila writes, with some of those ideas being subtly enshrined in national policies. India’s 2019 Citizenship Amendment Act, which accelerated the naturalization process for millions of non-Muslim refugees, was “deeply reminiscent of the Nuremberg Laws whereby the Nazis revoked Reich citizenship for Jews,” Kapila argues.

Rightwing Hindu groups and trolls are flooding social media with misinformation about the fighting in Israel and Gaza, branding themselves as the “digital champions” of Israel, according to regional Indian newspaper Siasat Daily. Several posts showing old footage of ISIS attacks and beheadings were ported as Hamas's attacks on Israel and used to inflame anti-Muslim sentiment in India. “It's a concerning development that amplifies the polarizing tactics employed by these groups, which can have severe implications for communal harmony and national unity,” a former sociology professor told the paper.

https://news.yahoo.com/indias-solidarity-israel-implies-210217081.html\
The problem of the Indians is that they ignore the presence of millions of Indian workers in the Gulf and Indian companies in the rest of the Arab countries. Of course, there is a negative impact on the image of India, which is ruled by an extremist party that wants to exterminate Muslims and looks at weak economic relations with Israel and ignores economic relations with 2 billion Muslims.
The Israeli model is a criminal model throughout history, and even their corrupt obesity does not know that God promised that they would come to the end of time in the land of the Philistines, to be their end.
Most of the Jews must come to Palestine. He promised that they would be gathered together to be destroyed. They are a satanic plant that is bound to disappear. Therefore, the Indians’ belief that the Israeli model is a model of power is an immoral and disrespectful idea, and will certainly be against India’s image globally, and when India allies with Israel and America against the Islamic world. There will also be alliances with China, Russia, and Pakistan against India, as an adverse result of Indian policy. India must see that its interests fall before it finds itself in a worse situation.

1698007426518.png

The original contract between the EN and Yonca in 2010-13 was for a total of 6 MRTP 20s. 3 supplied by Türkiye and 3 built at Alexandria shipyard. I think what happened is that the 3 from Türkiye were delivered but the additional 3 to be assembled in Egypt were cancelled due to the unfortunate rift.

There was also some news that they did have some issues with one of the boat on a mission where they were chasing cretins disguised as fishermen but not sure if the boat broke down or what. Even so, that hasn't been substantiated anyway. Other than that, I don't think there were any other issues maintaining them or getting/making spare parts etc.
716323654.jpeg

Egypt obtained from Turkey before 2013 6 MRTP-20 launches and 6 MRTP-33 launches.
They are armed with Chinese C-705 missiles
Egypt, in cooperation with Japanese companies, obtained engines for the local production of MRTP-20 patrol boat without cooperating with the Turks. Egypt later produced the patrol boats and also displayed them at the EDEX-21 exhibition.
713232213.jpeg

Such patrol boats do not require the transfer of technology, but rather local designs and obtaining components that are not manufactured locally from other countries. There is no need to obtain production licenses that can be designed locally.

imagesقصقص.jpg

Last edited:
ha ha ha , yo do know nothing about him. backbone is a necessity for everyone but not for politician .

Erdogan will face stiff resistance from Turks, including within the AKP, even if he changes his mind about arming El-Sisi. He's a politician, but one that I understand very well because I'm also an Islamist. I have same ideology as Erdogan and the Taliban. We believe that the Muslim lands should be liberated from puppet leaders of the colonial masters, and advocate a return to Shariah law. How we achieve that may varry, but the end goal remains the same.

If El-Sisi turns his back on the West and stops oppressing Muslims in Egypt, then he'll be welcome back into the Islamic fold. Otherwise, Erdogan will not lift a finger to help the Egyptian military in any war.

BTW, it seems Egypt is approaching its own war. All four countries bordering Egypt are now at war: Palestine, Israel, Libya, and Sudan. the problem is that one war doesn't end before another errupts.

The conflict between the Israeli occupation and Gaza, of course, has an impact
Western countries claim that they were surprised by Egypt
It hints at a conflict with Israel in the event that the Palestinian is forced to flee to Egypt, and thus Egypt also began to deal harshly with the European Union if the Americans and Europeans want to transfer 2.3 million Palestinians to Egypt. Besides, Egypt will not accept, as Egypt will transfer 9 million African and Arab refugees from Egypt to Europe via ships.
Especially after America, England, France, and Minya sent forces to the eastern Mediterranean and the western bases in Syria and Iraq, as well as a veiled threat to Egypt.
I have no confidence in the Egyptian leadership. It's currently between a rock and a hard place. The Muslim world have rejected them. And now, their Western masters seem to be doing the same. They are requesting what Egypt is unwilling to give (Palestinian migration to Egypt).
Note that Sisi doesn't care about the Palestinian cause. He wouldn't massacre 1000s of his own people if he valued Palestinian lives. His biggest fear is that the Palestinians are braver than the Egyptians and won't be terrified into obedience. He thinks they'll inspire Egyptians to revolt and overthrow him. That is Sisi's major concern.

Facts you do not know about the Egyptian army, which is classified as one of the ten strongest armies in the world, the strongest in the Middle East and Africa..

The one fact I know about them is that they lost a war against Israel. Another fact about them is that they buy over 90% of their sophisticated weapons. The other fact is that they oppress their people. another one is that they have almost zero combat experience (I mean today's Egyptian soldiers, not their forefathers). Their performance in Sinai had been less than average (according to Western sources).
How can such a military be strong?

The Egyptian army carries out surprise maneuvers with live ammunition..

Sorry, buth nothing impressive here. Most of those weapons are from the West. So, who is Egypt demonstrating against? We can see how much weapons supplies they had to ship to Ukraine to keep it standing. Where would Egypt get spare parts and resupplies? How can Egypt trust those Rafale planes and helis weren't marked with trackers by the engineers that built them, such that these trackers show their location anytime to Israeli air-defence forces?
If this demonstration is intened to impress the U.S. and Israel, it's failed miserably.
You can't buy weapons from the Kuffar and defeat them.

Sorry, buth nothing impressive here. Most of those weapons are from the West. So, who is Egypt demonstrating against? We can see how much weapons supplies they had to ship to Ukraine to keep it standing. Where would Egypt get spare parts and resupplies? How can Egypt trust those Rafale planes and helis weren't marked with trackers by the engineers that built them, such that these trackers show their location anytime to Israeli air-defence forces?
If this demonstration is intened to impress the U.S. and Israel, it's failed miserably.
You can't buy weapons from the Kuffar and defeat them.
Well..since you are new here I'll be gentle with you..so my advice is to take a very long tour of the Arab Defense section,, the one we are on now.. after that you can come and present your opinion anew!

Well..since you are new here I'll be gentle with you..so my advice is to take a very long tour of the Arab Defense section,, the one we are on now.. after that you can come and present your opinion anew!
Did Egypt built even a 10th of those weapons?
Did they buy from Israel's enemies?
I don't need to read the entire posts here to know Egypt's military capability. I've followed its Sinai operation closely in the past and wasn't impressed. Much of Egypt's weapons are obsolete. A few Rafales won't be a game-changer - especially not against Israel. You can't fight Israel with Western weapons and win.

Egypt obtained from Turkey before 2013 6 MRTP-20 launches and 6 MRTP-33 launches.

Ah, ok. The limited sources I've seen mention the current inventory as "3 out of 6" and that the first 3 came directly from Yonca while the other 3 were to be locally built but never happened, hence 3 of 6. Glad they did get all of them.

I do remember seeing that but thought it was just one of the 3 being displayed. But it makes sense what you're saying. I like how they moved the RWS from the top of the cabin to the top of the bow. Aside from having a better firing line of sight, the loud rattling noise and banging of the rapid gun fire above you doesn't end up deafening the crew in the cabin like it would when placed on the rooftop in the original design.

713232213.jpeg

Such patrol boats do not require the transfer of technology, but rather local designs and obtaining components that are not manufactured locally from other countries. There is no need to obtain production licenses that can be designed locally.

Credit to the Turks for their domestic production success. They're very smart and started at the right time and are now years into reaping the benefits of that success. Even their designs look like they spent a lot of time researching what they want to build and came up with the most optimal designs, like that stepped hull. Even all the recent recreational fast boats are incorporating those notched stepped hulls for efficient planing on the surface of the water.

But are you sure about not requiring any form of ToT to build the exact product that another nation/company owns the patent for? That's exactly why patents are created by law and not only that, but circumventing that law will only anger the original patent-holder and create a bad situation, even lead to a lawsuit. I would think there must've been some kind of agreement between the EN and Yonca to locally produce the MRTP-20 in Egypt.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom