What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Hey @The SC, any news about the new vessels the EN plans ro get in in the future like the meko a300? Or more berghaminis that Egypt stated for 12, or more gowinds? When is the first cc 60 going to see service in the en???

Hey @The SC, any news about the new vessels the EN plans ro get in in the future like the meko a300? Or more berghaminis that Egypt stated for 12, or more gowinds? When is the first cc 60 going to see service in the en???
Bro..they say..no news is good news in general..

Let's start with the 4 to 6 MEKO-200 first..Also you can be sure that more Berghaminis are in the pipeline..at least there are two more that were announced..

We can expect the EN new naval combatants pretty soon.. since the Egyptian Shipyards are fast usually after getting the design and specs.. a good example is the Gowind 2500 corvettes..

Add the Belarus offer of the artillery guided active-reactive projectile missile "Luch" and "Luch-2"..

View attachment 874545

View attachment 874546

What is the status with these, bro? Have they agreed to a ToT contract yet?

exercise_GRC_EGY_EX07_Egypt_AF_F-16C_139343.jpg

The fleet of F-16s currently in service with the Egyptian Air Force (EAF) is reported to receive significant upgrades soon.
The U.S. administration is said to have approved these upgrades.

@Gomig-21 @The SC @Hydration
Imagine it is true. We need someone to hack it the article so we can see what they are saying hahaha. Inshallah AIM-120 with it.

The main problem is that it's very unlikely the US would offer anything of this sort or caliber unless it was getting something huge in return, and we all know what that probably is. There is no way they will upgrade the EAF Falcons to Vipers and be ok with the EAF receiving the Su-35 as well. Unless the EAF was somehow able to get both, it would be a most excellent miracle by them. Otherwise they accept the upgrade and lose the Flankers or tell the US to take a hike. Take a walk on the wild side and kick rocks while it's at it. That would be my preference if given the choice. The current F-16s are fantastic and more than good enough the way they are for the purpose they serve and a viper upgrade is nowhere near worth losing 2+ squadrons of "freedom" Flankers.

Tank crews finally using flame retardant clothing and Kevlar helmets. Tank crews used to be inappropriately equipped for work in hazardous confined areas where fatal owner rations and bumps are a real possibility

Indeed. Those old Soviet rubber head wraps lol were the worst ever. Maybe in the 1960s they were fine, but nowadays they should be issued much better helmets and not just the commanders.

Navy SOF are using the PASGT combat helmets and vests and I believe only special OPFS Sa'aka are using the newer Ops=Core FAST Helmet which should be much more in use with most infantry as standard issue.

@Buschlaid you might appreciate some EIFV (Egyptian IFV) photos, didn’t see them around Cairo at all (Wiki states only one was built and tested).
View attachment 874857View attachment 874858
And from 2019:View attachment 874859
Everyone, what do you think?

Shame that it never entered production. After Helwan factory finalized assembly plans with BAE, they built that single prototype in 1996/97 and it was basically halted for unknown reason. It was really an excellent platform and a great M-113 modification that would end up with an automated turret and a 2-pack TOW missile launcher with 4 more in stowage. I think the issue was really mostly because the vehicle had to stop in order to fire the TOW missile. I think they saw that as a huge vulnerability and were going to use a different system that could fire just as accurately as the TOW but on the fly, but they never pushed the issue beyond that and it basically fizzled out, on top of cost of course.

The other reason also was that they had so many M-113s that seemed much more practical as they were for the scope of the Egyptian army and specifically for the infantry that they saw that as a much more efficient model to leave as is.

M270/Sakr 45 is some serious business in the Egyptian army.

1661923734561.png

Guys, I think that we slept on the naval exhibition this year "Naval Power Egypt 2022". It got postponed

The decision has been made to postpone the scheduled running of Naval Power Egypt 2022, which has been agreed by Arabian World Events in coordination with the Egyptian Naval Forces.
Naval Power Egypt, originally scheduled to take place 5-7 September 2022, will be postponed to take place at a later, more suitable date in order to meet all stakeholder expectations.
Details of the rescheduled dates will be available soon. We thank you for your continued patience.

Maybe we will see more details for CC-60 etc.. and the mysterious cruise missile (looks like the navy one) and the brazilian one

@Philip the Arab maybe also the emirati HAS-250 cruise/anti ship missile.

What is the status with these, bro? Have they agreed to a ToT contract yet?

The main problem is that it's very unlikely the US would offer anything of this sort or caliber unless it was getting something huge in return, and we all know what that probably is. There is no way they will upgrade the EAF Falcons to Vipers and be ok with the EAF receiving the Su-35 as well. Unless the EAF was somehow able to get both, it would be a most excellent miracle by them. Otherwise they accept the upgrade and lose the Flankers or tell the US to take a hike. Take a walk on the wild side and kick rocks while it's at it. That would be my preference if given the choice. The current F-16s are fantastic and more than good enough the way they are for the purpose they serve and a viper upgrade is nowhere near worth losing 2+ squadrons of "freedom" Flankers.

Indeed. Those old Soviet rubber head wraps lol were the worst ever. Maybe in the 1960s they were fine, but nowadays they should be issued much better helmets and not just the commanders.

Navy SOF are using the PASGT combat helmets and vests and I believe only special OPFS Sa'aka are using the newer Ops=Core FAST Helmet which should be much more in use with most infantry as standard issue.

Shame that it never entered production. After Helwan factory finalized assembly plans with BAE, they built that single prototype in 1996/97 and it was basically halted for unknown reason. It was really an excellent platform and a great M-113 modification that would end up with an automated turret and a 2-pack TOW missile launcher with 4 more in stowage. I think the issue was really mostly because the vehicle had to stop in order to fire the TOW missile. I think they saw that as a huge vulnerability and were going to use a different system that could fire just as accurately as the TOW but on the fly, but they never pushed the issue beyond that and it basically fizzled out, on top of cost of course.

The other reason also was that they had so many M-113s that seemed much more practical as they were for the scope of the Egyptian army and specifically for the infantry that they saw that as a much more efficient model to leave as is.

M270/Sakr 45 is some serious business in the Egyptian army.

View attachment 875075
It seems everything with Belarus and Serbia is wrapped in secrecy after those initial announcements.. I guess all is going well..

s7j1Whq5jNYcHaZhW1evpzcsUC84pdmgHZYHRAtAv7zdUifF0awATkFiHoaz5_vJlVOA9tVPj40l8A=s1080-nd-v1

A new photo of the Egyptian frigate FREMM Bergamini after processing
It is shown to be equipped with an ESM system responsible for intelligence, monitoring, analysis and identification of radar signals and hostile radar detectors
A defensive electronic warfare system that uses advanced DRFM technology to deceive hostile radars and surface-to-surface missile detectors, protect the piece, and create fake targets for enemies
Satcom satellite communications system.

A great explaining the situation of our FREMMs

@Foinikas once an ally always an ally ❤️❤️

Last edited:
Did USA give us guided munitions like those of Ukraine (the Himars) ?

Not for the M270. HIMARS is a different setup (M142 I believe) but the number of units is not even known, just that the last batch produced in 2003 were for the Egyptian Army. Speculations that they're about 40 units and that the Egyptian Army is building its own Sakr rockets for the system because replacing them is very expensive through the US.

Not for the M270. HIMARS is a different setup (M142 I believe) but the number of units is not even known, just that the last batch produced in 2003 were for the Egyptian Army. Speculations that they're about 40 units and that the Egyptian Army is building its own Sakr rockets for the system because replacing them is very expensive through the US.
I thought himars vehicle chassis is designated m30 or m31

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom