What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Trans :
Africa Intelligence magazine confirms the continuous training of Egyptian pilots on Russian SU-35 fighters without stopping,,
Where the magazine published that the Egyptian pilots are currently being trained on the Russian Sukhoi-35 fighters, which were contracted by Egypt, and that America's warnings to Egypt about the deal are ineffective,,
The news included, quoting Russian sources, that Russia will soon deliver the fighters to Egypt without any comment from the Russian and Egyptian sides,,
The news also included that Egypt is moving forward in obtaining fighters, and that Russia continues to produce fighters in favor of the Egyptian deal, and this deal will be added to the arms deals that Egypt obtained before, which include MIG29 fighters, Kamov-52 helicopters, air defense systems and warning radars. ,,

Trans :
Africa Intelligence from France published a news article titled: US warnings are ineffective about Egypt's plans to buy Su-35 as pilots are trained in Russia.... The text reads:
Despite US pressure to prevent Egypt from acquiring Russian Su-35 fighters, the program appears to be continuing, with some Egyptian officers currently training in Russia.
Russian media reported that the first batch of Su-35 fighters is on its way to Egypt as part of the 2018 deal under which Washington threatened Cairo with imposing sanctions.
Military sources reported on July 27 that the Egyptian army would get a Russian Sukhoi Su-35 fighter, the first for Egypt, after images of five of them bound for Egypt emerged. Neither the Russian nor the Egyptian side has yet issued any official comments on this matter, while the United States objects to any of these deals.
According to the Russia Today website, "the sources indicated that these heavy and long-range combat aircraft will give the Egyptian army superiority in the skies of the region, which is why the United States strongly opposed it."
The Russian Top War website, which focuses on defense affairs, reported last July 23 that the first batch of Su-35 fighters took off from the Komsomolsk aviation station and headed to the European side of Russia, where they will be delivered to Egypt.
The report stated that "photos of the first five Su-35 fighters manufactured for the Egyptian Air Force appeared on the Internet, which stopped at Novosibirsk Tolmachevo Airport during a flight to the European part of Russia. As can be seen from the photos, there are no identification marks on the aircraft, But the tail numbers on the crossbar are specified from 9210 to 9214".
On March 18, 2019, the Egyptian Air Force signed a $2 billion deal to purchase 24 Russian-made Su-35 combat aircraft, including related equipment.
Egypt's State Information Service stated at the time that the deal went into effect in late 2018, and the combat aircraft will be delivered in 2020-2021. The aircraft will be added to the list of Russian-made weapons for the Egyptian Air Force, including the Mikoyan MiG-29M, Ka-52 Alligator and S-300VM “Antey-2500”.
Major General Hamdi Bakheet, a member of the National Defense and Security Committee in the House of Representatives, said that the Sukhoi fighters constitute a major addition to the Egyptian Air Force in light of the current threats to the region.
The Su-35s are highly maneuverable and multi-role fighters that can attack distant land and air targets, especially heavy concrete targets such as fortifications and runways.
Sukhoi Su-35 fighters can reach a speed of 2,800 kilometers (1,700 miles) per hour at an altitude of 11 kilometers (seven miles), and have a range of 4,500 kilometers (2,800 miles). The addition of external fuel tanks will allow fighters to travel greater distances without having to refuel, although their in-flight refueling capabilities make them competitive with US F-35 fighter jets.
Major General Nasr Salem, the former head of the Egyptian army's reconnaissance department and professor of strategic studies at the Nasser Higher Military Academy, said that Egypt's acquisition of Su-35 fighters, along with MiG-29Ms. Rafale fighters and F-16 Fighting Falcons will ensure air surveillance to protect Egyptian interests.
Washington objected to the Russian deal. The Wall Street Journal reported on November 14, 2019, that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Defense Mark Esper warned then-Egyptian Defense Minister Sedki Sobhi of possible sanctions due to Cairo's purchase of Russian warplanes under the US CAATSA clause that prohibits purchases from the Russian military. And that such a deal will affect future defense deals between Cairo and Washington.
However, the United States cannot pressure Egypt to cancel the deal because Egypt sought various sources of armaments so that no country would control its decisions.
“Why does the United States not supply Egypt with the F-35 fighters supplied by Israel, since it objects to the Russian Su-35 fighter jet deal?
Al-Bakhit said: “Egypt’s national security is above anything else. If that requires Egypt to acquire the Su-35 fighters, it should, and it has the freedom to decide on the matter. The United States has given Israel the latest piece of its arsenal, the F-35 fighters.” Thus, the United States is using double standards with Egypt when it threatens to impose sanctions

Al-Bakhit said: “Egypt’s national security is above anything else. If that requires Egypt to acquire the Su-35 fighters, it should, and it has the freedom to decide on the matter. The United States has given Israel the latest piece of its arsenal, the F-35 fighters.” Thus, the United States is using double standards with Egypt when it threatens to impose sanctions
Not only that.. Egypt announced a deal for 29 SU-35 in 2015-16.. when there was no CAATSA..

Not only that.. Egypt announced a deal for 29 SU-35 in 2015-16.. when there was no CAATSA..
Just imagine MIG-29 SU-35 EFT Rafale F-16 and Mirage 2k all working together. If it happens then we will skip the idea of 5th generation aircraft like multiple countries did it even France has done it. France will not buy a 5th gen fighter but to buy directly 6th gen

Surprisingly, the leaks of the Typhoon deal and the manufacture of an Egyptian air defense system in cooperation with Germany/Italy

Surprisingly, the leaks of the Typhoon deal and the manufacture of an Egyptian air defense system in cooperation with Germany/Italy

I really hope that Rheinmtall give us a lot of ToT and also to build more indigenous missile.
For you guys, what is the % of localization of our defense industry? For me I would say 70%.

@The SC you still think that Egypt will receive the SU-35 despite the american pressure (lastest source: africa intelligence) ?

I really hope that Rheinmtall give us a lot of ToT and also to build more indigenous missile.
For you guys, what is the % of localization of our defense industry? For me I would say 70%.

@The SC you still think that Egypt will receive the SU-35 despite the american pressure (lastest source: africa intelligence) ?
Yes there will be a good amount of ToT for this short range air defense system..

1654820192719.png

1654820331124.png

I believe the medium range will be the proposed Belorussian Buk-MB3K..

1654820104528.png

For me the CAATSA is not irrelevant.. Egypt got the SU-35 since it declared it on the National TV channel in 2015-16// So YES..

Africa intelligence is the same as tactical report.. they can be right or wrong.. but not for me in the case of the SU-35SE..

Attachments

• 1654820241488.png
    1654820241488.png
    355.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
For me the CAATSA is not irrelevant.. Egypt got the SU-35 since it declared it on the National TV channel in 2015-16// So YES..
Post #2,741 date June 9 2016 by @amir pharaoh the post was on Kanat el oula. When we will receive all the batches? this year maybe?

Let's hope it's a Tranche 4. There's also Bangladesh in the running for an order of EFTs. @Avicenna , what's the latest on that since I haven't followed you fella's thread in a while? is the BAF close to signing a deal for EFTs? And if so, would it be with Italy or Germany or the UK?

The other thing about the possible Egyptian Typhoons is that they were talking about the number of each aircraft being around €125 million Euros after excellent and intense Egyptian negotiations, dropping it down from €200 million to €125 million per aircraft. This is out of a total of €3.0 billion more or less. But it might not even be that high for each aircraft since if you do the math, it doesn't leave any room for armament (which would probably be close to the vicinity of €500 million or even more if the meteors and Storm Shadows are in there.

They also didn't consider other services that always come with an initial mega package like this which are at least a couple of simulators, probably around €600 million and support & spare parts etc.

I would say at least a billion euros out of that €3 billion would be taken out for all those things and the cost of the 24 aircraft would be at €2 billion which makes each one worth €83 million a piece which is MUCH more reasonable and right at the same €85 million we're paying for our Rafales. MUCH more like it and I think we just corrected a major mistake and misunderstanding they made on the total cost of this possible contract.

@Constantin84 , what do you think of all these procurements by the EAF? I remember us talking about this and we never thought Egypt would purchase any more Rafales beyond that original 24 Rafales they bought an additional 30 plus they're going after these EFTs and Su-35s etc. Insane purchasing spree they're on, pretty amazing, ey?

Speaking of those numbnuts on the Arabic Defense Forum, ma3lesh khodo el 5azou2 da f'teezkom ya w'lad el a7ba lol.

EAF MiG-29M2 (2-seater NOT painted in the desert camo) with the backseat empty at Faisal 12.

View attachment 852267

In regards to BAF and what it will buy. No one really knows. Just a lot of speculation on the internet. Eurofighter was looking like a sure thing until Rafale entered the picture. Now it seems like the US is pushing the F-16V. All from public info and Inferences and again speculation. There will likely be no news until after the upcoming elevation. Also, the BAF strikes me as a thoroughly inept and lacking service which probably has a lot of work to do before it can absorb high capability platforms.

Wait sobegypt made 2 sukhoi deals or am I misunderstanding something? Also, whats the diffrence between the standard rafales and the m model? I mean sure its the naval version, but is that just designation or is one technologically superior to the other?

Wait sobegypt made 2 sukhoi deals or am I misunderstanding something? Also, whats the diffrence between the standard rafales and the m model? I mean sure its the naval version, but is that just designation or is one technologically superior to the other?
Egypt made one deal of SU-35 before CAATSA ( I think) that's why we have only 24 fighters. The Rafale M is the naval version with addition like to land on aircraft carrier etc.. Sorry I can't give you more detail about it because I don't have a lot of knowledge about the technology etc..

The first time the Su-35 was ever mentioned that the EAF was interested in it was back in 2016. It took a few years until they officially announced it.

Rafale M is just the naval variant. Beefier landing gears and anti-corrosive paint etc. Otherwise pretty much the same aircraft as the other land-based models.

In regards to BAF and what it will buy. No one really knows. Just a lot of speculation on the internet. Eurofighter was looking like a sure thing until Rafale entered the picture. Now it seems like the US is pushing the F-16V. All from public info and Inferences and again speculation. There will likely be no news until after the upcoming elevation. Also, the BAF strikes me as a thoroughly inept and lacking service which probably has a lot of work to do before it can absorb high capability platforms.

Thx for the reply. Essentially nothing has changed, I guess, since the last time I checked in on that thread, seemed like the same thing was ongoing then, too.

It's good that you guys tell it like it is. I certainly have my issues with the EAForces and especially the current defense minister. He doesn't straighten things out in Sinai and really soon, we'll be all over his case.

Back
Top Bottom