What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

According to him and his sources, EFT isn't the replacement of SU-35 and Egypt is still pursuing the deal. And the F-15 was just a faty men Gen Mckenzie. My problem is how we will connects Su-35 with F-16 with Rafale with EFT with MIG-29. It is becoming a nightmare. Before that ik Egypt have the experience to make western and eastern fighters to work together but rn it is hard.

That's my opinion about the subject.

LOL! It was you! I looked at the name again and I can see the connection. I still think you were being completely unrealistic in that approach because of several reasons; that missile is still in its final development stages and won't be around for another 7-8 years maybe more maybe less. Then the birds have no teeth for another 7 years without an alternative? The fact that one should already know that even the AIM-120 was going to be a very difficult persuasion in the first place and they know it, means that going into the negotiations and insisting on something like that will make the other side think you're not serious or realistic.
The next reason is that if they succeeded, the F-15s and a good portion of the F-16s would be very powerful with strong air to air teeth for at least the next decade while the Eurocanards get the Meteor which will be on par with the 260.

I understand the necessity of having boldness in these negotiations but being pragmatic is much more essential for the grand scheme of things. That's just my opinion and we can certainly agree to disagree.

The never ending and always improving love and friendship with our Greek brothers and sisters.

View attachment 851617

Woah! Bergamini FREMM is soooo sweeeeeeeeet-looking wow! That thing has some meat! @The SC , you're right, man, it might as well be a destroyer. Those fellas on the bow area in front of the Oto Melara gun better be careful as that entire deck to the tip of the bow doesn't have any railings.

View attachment 851619

This thing looks great. Nice collapsible buttstock, finger-notched pistol grip handle, picatinny rails on top and bottom for all sorts of accessories including the forward vertical grip which has a pull-out ground stand which I tought was a great addition. The way too cool thing is what appears to be a muzzle flash brake to reduce the flash of each shot. I have a couple of those but not suppressors lol. I like to see the large flash come out of the end of the barrel :D.

Overall, it still retains the classic AK look with the 45 degree barrel support and the shape of the receiver and of course, the classic banana magazine and no more wood anywhere. Looks really good because there is nothing super fancy about it yet it has a few gizmos and new generation applications for improvements which should make it easier and cheaper to produce than a ToT of let's say the ARX-160 for example. Gonna need to find one of these to add to the collection.

View attachment 851622
I think you know what i meant. Insisting on q band in the agreement that new aresenals added to the future should not be restricted upong request + AIM-120c7 or c5 for the meantime
And with the americans that was neber going to happen so the deal fell naturally. and by the time the f-15 gets delibered it will be 8 to 10 years from now long after the 260 enters american and israeli service. This deal was bound to kiss the floor especially when sisi and the current heads of the armed forces are here

According to him and his sources, EFT isn't the replacement of SU-35 and Egypt is still pursuing the deal. And the F-15 was just a faty men Gen Mckenzie. My problem is how we will connects Su-35 with F-16 with Rafale with EFT with MIG-29. It is becoming a nightmare. Before that ik Egypt have the experience to make western and eastern fighters to work together but rn it is hard.

Just like the mirage and rafale and f-16 connected. Its all about RISC2 and the special operations of the mirage will be handed over to the typhoon along with the rafale.

The SU-35SE can be interlinked very easily with the MIG-29M-M2.. While the Rafale, the Typhoon and the F-16 have the common link.. and all of them will be linked through the RISC 2 platform along with all the ground air defenses.. That is the exact role of the RISC 2..

Last edited:
I think you know what i meant. Insisting on q band in the agreement that new aresenals added to the future should not be restricted upong request + AIM-120c7 or c5 for the meantime
And with the americans that was neber going to happen so the deal fell naturally. and by the time the f-15 gets delibered it will be 8 to 10 years from now long after the 260 enters american and israeli service. This deal was bound to kiss the floor especially when sisi and the current heads of the armed forces are here

Just like the mirage and rafale and f-16 connected. Its all about RISC2 and the special operations of the mirage will be handed over to the typhoon along with the rafale.
Mirage 2k Rafale and F-16 are western aircrafts so it would be easy to connect like any other air force like KSA Qatar. But to add MIG-29 and SU-35 is hard to all connects all. We already linked those fighters with MIG-29.

The never ending and always improving love and friendship with our Greek brothers and sisters.
That FREMM is epic. Greek and Egyptian forces have done more exercises together than anyone else in the area,I think.

What's the deal with the Eurofighter??

@Gomig-21
An article about the Block 60 electronics warfare is here. Very interesting and shows how ahead other 4th gen aircraft it was.

It may be on the level of the Spectra.
Hi philip the Arab thanks for posting the article though it was from around 2005/2006 one can imagine even by that time what IAF must be using on their F16/15 must be highly advance then BLk60 in 2005 one can imagine after IAF something better then BLk60 with them that’s why these been exported though UAE airforce still not been able to get F35
if you have some inside on probability of getting F35 please. Share
thank you

A small video about the J-20 and her stealth capabilities

The good thing is that China have put the J-20 in the market despite they refused for years because USA didn't sell the F-22 Raptor. There is rumor that Pakistan will buy it so Egypt can buy it also. But we must buy before their invasion of Taiwan so we will not be in the same case the SU-35 hahahaha
Hi if possible to share authentic link for j20 export why on earth they are developing j31/35 if they are willing to export their front line j20 China will never export j20 even for them they are not near a number where they can deploy these sufficiently
if you talk about j31/35 I’m agreed to this but off course no TOT why will they give anybody TOT as these also j31/35 they need in abundance for their own Naval air arm for their coming soon ACC round the corner
thank you

If you really think about it, with the possibility of this Eurofighter Typhoon deal coming through, it makes even more sense to keep pushing for the better deal on the F-15. Imagine an F-15 on the same level as the EX or Qatari QA or Saudi Arabian SA and get the Americans to drop the basing condition (which I still can't figure out what benefit that gives them) and then you have a potent 4-piece western contingency.

F-15EX or as they said, "Advanced"
Rafale
Eurofighter Typhoon
F-16.

MiG-29M/M2
MiG-35C/B eventually.
Su-57/M possibly

That's just a sick combination if you ask me. The top lineup would similar to the Qatari lineup but we would also have our 186 F-16s on top of those other 3 beasts!

And with the americans that was neber going to happen so the deal fell naturally. and by the time the f-15 gets delibered it will be 8 to 10 years from now long after the 260 enters american and israeli service.

Qatari F-15QAs took just under 4 years from signing of contract to the first delivery. It's not 8 to 10 years, bro lol. But I certainly see where you're coming from.

Also, regarding the F-15, I think a lot of the negative sentiment -- while certainly valid in many respects -- is due to personal resentments and hatred of the US and not because of the actual technical merits of the aircraft and weapons in general. I don't blame Egyptian bros and sists for having anti-US sentiments but hope it doesn't skew the rational thinking. Even I have then from time to time and I even live here lmao. But I've disagreed with US foreign policy since I was an infant! loool. So, I think people should really focus more on the technical and the better option in general and look at the alternative ONLY if that better one fails completely.

That FREMM is epic. Greek and Egyptian forces have done more exercises together than anyone else in the area,I think.

What's the deal with the Eurofighter??

Most definitely the most exercises in the Mediterranean for sure. Land exercises might favor the US a bit more only because of Bright Star going back to 1981 lol. But the Hellenic/Egyptian exercises are some of the best we get to see.

And yeah, apparently there is news that first broke out in an Italian newspaper that the 3 years negotiations for 24 Eurofighter Typhoons and 24 M-346 Arimachi advanced trainers which were part of a much larger mega deal has finally been agreed to between all parties and a contract will be signed soon.

The original deal was as follows:

- 6 Frigates including 2x confirmed FREMM Bergamini (2 already delivered)
- 24 M-346 trainer jets
- 24 Eurofighter Typhoon jets
- 20 Falaj II OPV
- 1 Military Satellite

If this does go through, it would appear that 2/3 of that mega deal has already been agreed on. The rest is just excitement from all of us on all these birthday presents LOL! :D

one can imagine even by that time what IAF must be using on their F16/15 must be highly advance then BLk60 in 2005 one can imagine after IAF something better then BLk60 with them

Nah, it's a piece of crap!

Hi if possible to share authentic link for j20 export why on earth they are developing j31/35 if they are willing to export their front line j20 China will never export j20 even for them they are not near a number where they can deploy these sufficiently
if you talk about j31/35 I’m agreed to this but off course no TOT why will they give anybody TOT as these also j31/35 they need in abundance for their own Naval air arm for their coming soon ACC round the corner
thank you
A year ago or something like that your interior minister said that Pakistan will buy the the J-10 this year you got it. Also a months ago he said that Pakistan will procure J-20. Why would he say the same thing if he wasn't sure that China will not sell J-20

- 24 M-346 trainer jets
- 20 Falaj II OPV
- 1 Military Satellite
That's one epic deal!

A squadron of Eurofighters and 6 FREMM Bergamini. We have ordered 10 M-346 too by the way.

Do you have any infographics for the Falaj II?

If you really think about it, with the possibility of this Eurofighter Typhoon deal coming through, it makes even more sense to keep pushing for the better deal on the F-15. Imagine an F-15 on the same level as the EX or Qatari QA or Saudi Arabian SA and get the Americans to drop the basing condition (which I still can't figure out what benefit that gives them) and then you have a potent 4-piece western contingency.

F-15EX or as they said, "Advanced"
Rafale
Eurofighter Typhoon
F-16.

MiG-29M/M2
MiG-35C/B eventually.
Su-57/M possibly

That's just a sick combination if you ask me. The top lineup would similar to the Qatari lineup but we would also have our 186 F-16s on top of those other 3 beasts!

Qatari F-15QAs took just under 4 years from signing of contract to the first delivery. It's not 8 to 10 years, bro lol. But I certainly see where you're coming from.

Also, regarding the F-15, I think a lot of the negative sentiment -- while certainly valid in many respects -- is due to personal resentments and hatred of the US and not because of the actual technical merits of the aircraft and weapons in general. I don't blame Egyptian bros and sists for having anti-US sentiments but hope it doesn't skew the rational thinking. Even I have then from time to time and I even live here lmao. But I've disagreed with US foreign policy since I was an infant! loool. So, I think people should really focus more on the technical and the better option in general and look at the alternative ONLY if that better one fails completely.

Most definitely the most exercises in the Mediterranean for sure. Land exercises might favor the US a bit more only because of Bright Star going back to 1981 lol. But the Hellenic/Egyptian exercises are some of the best we get to see.

And yeah, apparently there is news that first broke out in an Italian newspaper that the 3 years negotiations for 24 Eurofighter Typhoons and 24 M-346 Arimachi advanced trainers which were part of a much larger mega deal has finally been agreed to between all parties and a contract will be signed soon.

- 24 M-346 trainer jets
- 20 Falaj II OPV
- 1 Military Satellite

If this does go through, it would appear that 2/3 of that mega deal has already been agreed on. The rest is just excitement from all of us on all these birthday presents LOL! :D

Nah, it's a piece of crap!
Saudis took their order 8 years after purchase. and have you not seen the list waiting for the ex variant amd we are the last ones who will order? If you want to get technical. Having an ex variant with insuffecient numbers of AMRAAMS and become obselete literally the same day of receiveing due to aim 260 flying around in the whole region except us and having your aircraft on survallance 24/7 and cant do anything with it to protect ypur national security and if you want to, then you have to offer something else to the US and can only fly in specific areas and have them all grouped up in 2 bases to be targetted like flies. Whats so good about it if it cant even carry the paylod its advertised to take in because there isnt suffcient ammunition. And you saw how the US tried manipulating us again literally 2 days ago but bamboozled themselves and got their deal and plan into open light. They never were gonna give us the EX variant and you shouldve known that by now Gomig. I do not understand how the hell do you prefer this manipulation instead of a Su-35SE with a byelka aesa radar and all of its weaponary and Elctronic warfare capabilities and even our own inputs and demands are done. This F-15 deal just proves to us that the US still thinks this is mubarak's egypt. I will go 100% with the sukhoi and its capable enough for me and the EAF with its munitions included and we already a russian basing of AWACS radars and our own RISC2 to transfer data.

That's one epic deal!

The deal was estimated at a total of €18 billion. But the strange thing is that we never heard of any actual signing of any contract regarding this deal but then suddenly and very shortly after that announcement, the first of the 2 Bergamini FREMMs was delivered. A few months later the other was delivered. So we pretty much assumed that they didn't agree on the complete deal and weren't interested in the Typhoons and signed a separate and much smaller deal. Turns out they had agreed preliminarily on the FREMMs and decided to negotiate on the rest of the items. Now 3 years later with Leonardo attempting a major merge or something of that sort where their stock numbers could use a huge boost and what better than an announcement that a big deal has been struck with Egypt on possibly the rest of that mega deal.

Those 3 years of negotiations also brought down the unit cost of each Typhoon from €200 million to €125 million. While that's a huge difference, it's still a massive amount of scratch lol! But that most certainly included training, weapons package, spare parts, support and the other usual starter items like simulators etc.

We have ordered 10 M-346 too by the way.

I didn't know that! And I thought I was following the HAF well enough!? That's great because of its super modern and state of the art advanced avionics, makes it the absolute perfect trainer for future Rafale and EFT cadets. It's also a fantastic, light attack fighter.

Do you have any infographics for the Falaj II?

Yep, sure. It's basically a mini-corvette.

1654457634741.png

TypePatrol boat
Displacement550 tonnes
Length55.7 m (182 ft 9 in)
Beam8.8 m (28 ft 10 in)
Draught2.8 m (9 ft 2 in)
Propulsion2 × MTU diesels 16V 4000 M90 (2,720 kW each), 4 × Isotta Fraschini generators
Speed>20 knots
Complement28 officers and crew
Sensors and
processing systems
Electronic warfare
& decoys
Armament

Source.

Those 3 years of negotiations also brought down the unit cost of each Typhoon from €200 million to €125 million. While that's a huge difference, it's still a massive amount of scratch lol! But that most certainly included training, weapons package, spare parts, support and the other usual starter items like simulators etc.
It would have been crazy to pay so much money for a Eurofighter! But it's better now.

Yep, sure. It's basically a mini-corvette.
4 Exocet,6 MICA...that will be a nightmare for the Turks in addition to the Bergamini frigates.

Saudis took their order 8 years after purchase. and have you not seen the list waiting for the ex variant amd we are the last ones who will order?

The whole idea that it wouldn't take nearly that long is not only because of the Qatari example (the Saudi one had some issues and not only that, they ordered A LOT more aircraft so the delivery took longer) as well as the USAF is still going to push the F-35 production and keep their current F-15s instead of retiring them and easily start the EAF order, especially when McKenzie made it absolutely clear that this long slog business is not acceptable any more and it is hurting US exports without a question. Combine all three of those aspect and I wouldn't think it wouldn't take that long.

Having an ex variant with insuffecient numbers of AMRAAMS and become obselete literally the same day of receiveing due to aim 260 flying around in the whole region except us
Ah come on, lol. Be reasonable. You think the first day the AIM-260 is operational that suddenly everyone in the region will have it?! That's crazy, I'm sorry and I don't even think the Jews will have it that quick either. The US is being really secretive about that missile and I already mentioned to you that according to all reports, the EAF should have the Meteor which will probably be even better that the 260 or at the worst, equal. At the same time, only a select few will still be operating the AIM-120 which will be in service for several more decades to come.

BTW, it's a real common misconception that the longer the range, the stronger and instantly victorious you are. That couldn't be more skewed than a balls out lie. There are SO MANY factors involved in successful BVR combat that require a lot more than just a medium to long range missile, the most important being first detection and tracking ability. The level of aerial support and combined data sharing and a strong IFF capability and of course, a superbly capable radar. All of that supersede just having a long-ranged missile.

So far all these ranges are on paper and the longest successful BVR missile shootdown was less than 50 kms. There's talk that the Russians fired 3 R-77-1 (RVV-SD) from 60 km from an Su-35 just a week ago in Ukraine and they're not sure if it was successful in downing the Ukrainian Su-27 or MiG-29, but if it did, that would be the current record. 60km! And we're fussing about 250 to 300 km ranges!? For me, the AIM-120C-7 or D would have a range of 110km to 160km and that would be absolutely fine, especially if the meteor is on the Raphales & Typhoons. Same with the R-77-1 if they can upgrade the MiG-29 radars to support those missiles or with the Su-35 and they'd have around 110km range. Reasonable, not fairy tale ranges that are beyond rarely needed. The longer you go, the less probability of kill you have and the weaker the missile becomes and there's a slew of negative aspects that really don't mean it's the best thing out there. Maybe for larger lumbering aircraft like AWACs and tankers etc., but not fighters.

I can guarantee you that once the US issues the AIM-260 and makes it active, the AIM-120D (and C-7s) will still be the main missile of operations and will continue to be for a very long time after. It won't fizzle out instantaneously like you suggest and will still be exported to allies and countries who currently operate it.

And you saw how the US tried manipulating us again literally 2 days ago but bamboozled themselves and got their deal and plan into open light. They never were gonna give us the EX variant and you shouldve known that by now Gomig. I do not understand how the hell do you prefer this manipulation instead of a Su-35SE with a byelka aesa radar and all of its weaponary and Elctronic warfare capabilities and even our own inputs and demands are done.

I don't prefer it ya Basha. I made it clear that they need to persist on much better conditions and forget about the bases and usage. That's not even up for debate since if let's say the Jews decide to pull another one of their filthy attacks, then we're not allowed to defend ourselves with those aircraft and have to leave them on the ground?! Of course not. The only way it would be acceptable is with the EAF Lieutenant General Mohammad Abbas Helmy's blessing, then we would know they've decided on making them equal to or better than the MiG-29M/M2s.

The f15 is too much trouble and the Us is not a trusted ally

If they can't reach a satisfactory agreement for the EAF, I'm with you 100% ya M3alem. :-)Funny how we don't trust them and they don't trust us lmao. Khalas ba2a, mal3oun abuhom sotomeet marra! :D

It would have been crazy to pay so much money for a Eurofighter! But it's better now.

4 Exocet,6 MICA...that will be a nightmare for the Turks in addition to the Bergamini frigates.

looool. :D Watch out or else we'll start getting those full pages of copy/paste list of all the paper projects and how great they are and how pathetic everyone else is lmfao. You know who/what I'm talking about! 8-)

It's been an unprecedented spending spree, no question about it, bro. A bit scary but we know Sisi has made amazing economical decisions that have all been incredible successes such as the Suez Canal expansion and the gas exports are only going to increase for many decades to come ISA.

BTW, 6 Bergamini FREMMs and also 4 or 6 A200 MEKO frigates, the first of which was finished last month and currently undergoing sea trials and should be delivered in a few months. EN will certainly be a packed force.

1654461797621.png

1654461587824.png

1654461834123.png

1654461881838.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom