What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Bro and Bros..just understand that Egypt and the GCC are one now.. you can add Jordan to some extent too..and Morocco ..it goes without mentioning..

What do you mean "now,"? We've always been one since the beginning of our glorious religion. :-) Then when Saudi & Egypt vision 2030 and NOM are complete, we might as well just be one country loool.

Speaking of Morocco, I was sifting through their forum and it's really amazing to see their opinions of the Egyptian Armed Forces. Probably exactly half of the members participating are super supportive and very complementary of the Egyptian Military while the other half is somewhat negative and critical, nothing bad, though. But they're respectable to one-another and debate the details very well. Many of them admit a certain envy and actually comment on how decisive the EGY MIL is when purchasing big ticket items, they go out and get it done. But what surprised me is how they use that as an analogy to criticize their own military. Many of them say things like "Sisi and the Egyptians go out and buy what they need, no questions asked and they don't make a big deal out of it or take months and years etc. They just get it done I wish our military would be like them and do the same thing!" I was shocked to read such honesty it was actually very refreshing. Even the ones who come out and say "all bought with Kaliji money" LOL, you know, the usual crapola, another member will swoop right in and correct them on the spot, mentioning the financing of each item etc. It's really great and very unlike the Algerian one (Forces-DZ) and how nasty they are. Oooof. I spent a year or so on that forum and ended up asking the moderator to close my account. I just got sick and tired of the vitriol.

Their biggest impression is not even what the EAF has done, although a lot of the posts were about the Rafales and MiG-29M/M2s and the Su-35SE order, but most of them are more impressed with what the Egyptian Navy has been able to purchase and grow and become powerful. Between the Mistrals, the Aquitaine FREMM (which they bought the same one except it's not a GP FREMM like our Tahya Misr, but a SW FREMM but still almost identical in appearance. The Gowinds and the ToT with them, the Bergamini FREMMS they were freaking out about and of course the Type 209s as well as the MEKOs lol. They were just super impressed and very complementary.

Second: the radar

The Typhoon excels in possessing the CAESAR Captor-E AESA radar, which is a multi-tasking air-to-air and fire-control radar for air-to-air and air-to-ground operations. It is equipped with an electronic anti-jamming system and has a maximum range of 360 km.

Between the RBE2 AESA in the Rafale and now this CEASAR Captor-E AESA radar, it shows how well the EAF is looking to improve that ever so important aspect of their fighter fleet, hence the importance of upgrading the MiG-29M/M2's Zhuk-ME and the Su-35's IRBIS-E to give the entire "new" fleet the best available radar capabilities and that they wouldn't be short or underhanded in any air or ground battle with any enemy. It's just too bad the huge workhorse fleet of F-16s just can't seem to get a damn break in that regard! Unbelievable.

Anyway, you were right, and I was wrong about the Captor-E. I didn't think it was an AESA radar, but it certainly is. I was also very impressed with its range, which is quite greater than the Rafale's RBE2.

The Typhoon excels in its ability to carry a large variety of ammunition (the Meteor air-to-air missile, which has not yet been integrated on the Rafale,

This needs to get done as if it's a do-or-die situation! Once the new Rafales start arriving and we see meteors on them, the Sahara Desert is going to shake, rumble and roll spitting sand all over the place from Egypt all the way to Morocco.

Fourth: HMSS

This point is considered a qualitative leap for the Egyptian Air Force because it will possess it for the first time:

Where the Typhoon excels in owning the advanced HMSS data and targeting helmet, which allows the ability to lock the targets and launch them just by looking at them by the fighter pilot, other than displaying different data on the transparent screen on its surface, so the fighter commander does not need to look at many screens and use several buttons from For the sake of closing on a target or hitting a target, but by looking at the target, it is at the mercy of the fighter
The Rafale: owns the advanced helmet Gallet LA100 and is characterized by its light weight, improved oxygen pumping system and the most advanced night vision system, and it will be added later with a transparent data display and sighting Topowl-F model, but it has not been integrated yet.

I posted about that helmet for the HMSS in one of my previous posts on the compatibility of the two Euro-canard cockpits and training the pilots to be able to fly both for versatility reasons, and simply because they're both somewhat similar. It says the EAF will possess this tech for the first time which is true, even though they do have the Russian version of it in the MiG-29M/M2 which is really not an HMDS, but strictly a "look & fire" helmet system for the R-37/47. It's a bit less advanced and almost Soviet era-like and a bit cruder & simpler with the eye monocle. But I bet it's quite effective in close air to air dogfighting.

1654490582820.png

Finally, the combination of the Typhoon and the Rafale in one air force such as the Egyptian Air Force is a real hell for any hostile air force,

hahaaaa, a real HELL for any hostile air force. Bring it on, biatchas! :D

And the Meteor is inevitably coming with the Egyptian fighters, because there is no reason to force Egypt to conclude deals that exceed 78 fighters, at a price exceeding 10 billion dollars, just to obtain a deficient fighter in the presence of fully armed alternatives..

ESPECIALLY when they're paying 120 million euros per fighter!!! And to have the 54 $80 million for each Rafale and not be able to complete their entire weapons' package and capability would be a crying shame. Not only that, but the EAF should be the first customer for the MICA NG right after L'armee De L'Air and not India like with the meteor! Since the EAF was the first export customer of the Rafale, it only makes sense to be the first customer of the MICA NG. Looking forward to seeing the capabilities of that particular missile.

BTW, did you see that fruit loop post by that certain individual on the Ukraine war thread where he claimed the Rafale C/D would have no problem carrying 39 meteors AND 9 MICA NGs at once?! LOL! I literally fell out of my chair when I read that. Dude must be smoking' some real good sh**! :D

I think we must continue with C-130 deal, buy some KC-390 and build some in Egypt if ToT will be building locally. Honestly this aircraft is hella sexy hahaha. My favorites military transport aircraft by design are C-130 KC-390 CASA C-295 and An-74 so mostly our entire transport aircraft hahahaha. What are yours?

I like that Brazilian aircraft a lot, especially if it's built in Egypt would make it even more special. But I've always wondered why the EAF never pursued the C-17 Globemaster? Talk about a cargo beast! It's short takeoff ability is phenomenal and its reverse thrusters allow it to not only stop very short, but back up in reverse also.

Go to minute 0:40 and check out how the engines are in reverse thrust mode and how it backs up to the end of the runway and then makes the short takeoff and landing and repeats the process. Really incredible. One of the most impressive videos you'll ever see.

My 2nd choice would be the Airbus A400M, it looks like the offspring of a C-130 and a C-17. This thing is RIDICULOUS the way it takes off almost vertically also on a very short run and does a roll!!! loool.

Last edited:
What do you mean "now,"? We've always been one since the beginning of our glorious religion. :-) Then when Saudi & Egypt vision 2030 and NOM are complete, we might as well just be one country loool.

Speaking of Morocco, I was sifting through their forum and it's really amazing to see their opinions of the Egyptian Armed Forces. Probably exactly half of the members participating are super supportive and very complementary of the Egyptian Military while the other half is somewhat negative and critical, nothing bad, though. But they're respectable to one-another and debate the details very well. Many of them admit a certain envy and actually comment on how decisive the EGY MIL is when purchasing big ticket items, they go out and get it done. But what surprised me is how they use that as an analogy to criticize their own military. Many of them say things like "Sisi and the Egyptians go out and buy what they need, no questions asked and they don't make a big deal out of it or take months and years etc. They just get it done I wish our military would be like them and do the same thing!" I was shocked to read such honesty it was actually very refreshing. Even the ones who come out and say "all bought with Kaliji money" LOL, you know, the usual crapola, another member will swoop right in and correct them on the spot, mentioning the financing of each item etc. It's really great and very unlike the Algerian one (Forces-DZ) and how nasty they are. Oooof. I spent a year or so on that forum and ended up asking the moderator to close my account. I just got sick and tired of the vitriol.

Their biggest impression is not even what the EAF has done, although a lot of the posts were about the Rafales and MiG-29M/M2s and the Su-35SE order, but most of them are more impressed with what the Egyptian Navy has been able to purchase and grow and become powerful. Between the Mistrals, the Aquitaine FREMM (which they bought the same one except it's not a GP FREMM like our Tahya Misr, but a SW FREMM but still almost identical in appearance. The Gowinds and the ToT with them, the Bergamini FREMMS they were freaking out about and of course the Type 209s as well as the MEKOs lol. They were just super impressed and very complementary.
Arabic forums are poorly understood and have a lot of talk
They constantly discuss the wrong things. I suffer the most with them
Diversity of military culture is very important to talk and listen to the views of Italians, French, Russians and Americans in many cases until you reach the full picture
If you follow them, you will see how I deal there😤

I just thought about something. In the future, the F-35 will mount Meteor in 2027 according to sources hence Israel maybe will have it. So Israel will have AIM-260 Meteor AIM-120 and maybe some indigenous israeli BVR missile. So they will be always a step away from us in terms of BVR missile capabilities.

The whole idea that it wouldn't take nearly that long is not only because of the Qatari example (the Saudi one had some issues and not only that, they ordered A LOT more aircraft so the delivery took longer) as well as the USAF is still going to push the F-35 production and keep their current F-15s instead of retiring them and easily start the EAF order, especially when McKenzie made it absolutely clear that this long slog business is not acceptable any more and it is hurting US exports without a question. Combine all three of those aspect and I wouldn't think it wouldn't take that long.

Ah come on, lol. Be reasonable. You think the first day the AIM-260 is operational that suddenly everyone in the region will have it?! That's crazy, I'm sorry and I don't even think the Jews will have it that quick either. The US is being really secretive about that missile and I already mentioned to you that according to all reports, the EAF should have the Meteor which will probably be even better that the 260 or at the worst, equal. At the same time, only a select few will still be operating the AIM-120 which will be in service for several more decades to come.

BTW, it's a real common misconception that the longer the range, the stronger and instantly victorious you are. That couldn't be more skewed than a balls out lie. There are SO MANY factors involved in successful BVR combat that require a lot more than just a medium to long range missile, the most important being first detection and tracking ability. The level of aerial support and combined data sharing and a strong IFF capability and of course, a superbly capable radar. All of that supersede just having a long-ranged missile.

So far all these ranges are on paper and the longest successful BVR missile shootdown was less than 50 kms. There's talk that the Russians fired 3 R-77-1 (RVV-SD) from 60 km from an Su-35 just a week ago in Ukraine and they're not sure if it was successful in downing the Ukrainian Su-27 or MiG-29, but if it did, that would be the current record. 60km! And we're fussing about 250 to 300 km ranges!? For me, the AIM-120C-7 or D would have a range of 110km to 160km and that would be absolutely fine, especially if the meteor is on the Raphales & Typhoons. Same with the R-77-1 if they can upgrade the MiG-29 radars to support those missiles or with the Su-35 and they'd have around 110km range. Reasonable, not fairy tale ranges that are beyond rarely needed. The longer you go, the less probability of kill you have and the weaker the missile becomes and there's a slew of negative aspects that really don't mean it's the best thing out there. Maybe for larger lumbering aircraft like AWACs and tankers etc., but not fighters.

I can guarantee you that once the US issues the AIM-260 and makes it active, the AIM-120D (and C-7s) will still be the main missile of operations and will continue to be for a very long time after. It won't fizzle out instantaneously like you suggest and will still be exported to allies and countries who currently operate it.

I don't prefer it ya Basha. I made it clear that they need to persist on much better conditions and forget about the bases and usage. That's not even up for debate since if let's say the Jews decide to pull another one of their filthy attacks, then we're not allowed to defend ourselves with those aircraft and have to leave them on the ground?! Of course not. The only way it would be acceptable is with the EAF Lieutenant General Mohammad Abbas Helmy's blessing, then we would know they've decided on making them equal to or better than the MiG-29M/M2s.

If they can't reach a satisfactory agreement for the EAF, I'm with you 100% ya M3alem. :-)Funny how we don't trust them and they don't trust us lmao. Khalas ba2a, mal3oun abuhom sotomeet marra! :D

looool. :D Watch out or else we'll start getting those full pages of copy/paste list of all the paper projects and how great they are and how pathetic everyone else is lmfao. You know who/what I'm talking about! 8-)

It's been an unprecedented spending spree, no question about it, bro. A bit scary but we know Sisi has made amazing economical decisions that have all been incredible successes such as the Suez Canal expansion and the gas exports are only going to increase for many decades to come ISA.

BTW, 6 Bergamini FREMMs and also 4 or 6 A200 MEKO frigates, the first of which was finished last month and currently undergoing sea trials and should be delivered in a few months. EN will certainly be a packed force.

View attachment 851678

View attachment 851677

View attachment 851679

View attachment 851680
well if you havent noticed theres orders from indonesia israel and the us itself all combined plus 200 fighters and extra birds to us. it will take as long unless we cut relations with russia to please them which will never happen.

Alright ill give you a better timeframe 5 years after receive what happens a new missile that is generations ahead of the AMRAAM is within israel with double the range and thermal and radar sensors that are generations ahead of the AMRAAM that we will ever receive. And dont you think capabilities will go above the effective range of 50km BVR combat with a missile like this? Pl-15 is a rocket with fuel that can go 300km with no ability to menuver or sensors accurate enough it is only but probganda but the 260 is a different breed.

we said the same thing with the sparrow when we were denied AMRAAMS now look where we are.

Better conditions time is over even if they gave us a F-22 instaed they tried playing us so early bro its funny.

And basing of aircraft in known locations in close proximity to danger are vunrable to air attacks and ballistic missile barrage effectively destroying the f-15 filled base

Even if the deal is agreed upon and is satisfactory they can easily cancel it and pay fees exactly what happened with F-16 local manfacturing to turn away the mirage 2000 manfacturing.

well if you havent noticed theres orders from indonesia israel and the us itself all combined plus 200 fighters and extra birds to us. it will take as long unless we cut relations with russia to please them which will never happen.

Alright ill give you a better timeframe 5 years after receive what happens a new missile that is generations ahead of the AMRAAM is within israel with double the range and thermal and radar sensors that are generations ahead of the AMRAAM that we will ever receive. And dont you think capabilities will go above the effective range of 50km BVR combat with a missile like this? Pl-15 is a rocket with fuel that can go 300km with no ability to menuver or sensors accurate enough it is only but probganda but the 260 is a different breed.

we said the same thing with the sparrow when we were denied AMRAAMS now look where we are.

Better conditions time is over even if they gave us a F-22 instaed they tried playing us so early bro its funny.

And basing of aircraft in known locations in close proximity to danger are vunrable to air attacks and ballistic missile barrage effectively destroying the f-15 filled base

Even if the deal is agreed upon and is satisfactory they can easily cancel it and pay fees exactly what happened with F-16 local manfacturing to turn away the mirage 2000 manfacturing.
The ammount cards they can play with is endless

It would have been crazy to pay so much money for a Eurofighter! But it's better now..
you better tell that to the gulf especially qatar

Arabic forums are poorly understood and have a lot of talk
They constantly discuss the wrong things. I suffer the most with them
Diversity of military culture is very important to talk and listen to the views of Italians, French, Russians and Americans in many cases until you reach the full picture
If you follow them, you will see how I deal there😤
saudi twitter and forum maniacs are just something different

American FREMMs are being built in the US with pretty much all American electronics and missiles.

Their armed very well actually.

Shouldn’t change the schedule very much.

Third: Armament

The Typhoon excels in its ability to carry a large variety of ammunition (the Meteor air-to-air missile, which has not yet been integrated on the Rafale, and is considered one of the most powerful air / air missiles in the world, and is also capable of carrying the American Amram air-to-air missile, the British Asram missile, and the British Asram missile). German IRIS-T air-to-air missile, British Brimstone air-to-surface missile, Storm Shadow mobile missile, US anti-radar HARM missile, German/Swedish Taurus cruise missile, Norwegian Penguin anti-ship missile, German Armiger anti-radar missile, smart bomb German HOPE/HOSBO long-range high-penetration precision-guided bombs, Paveway IV high-precision guided bombs, and GBU family laser-, thermal- and GPS-guided smart bombs of various weights).
Meteor not yet integrated on the Rafale? 🤔

The export version of PL-15E is 145km. So no one will have a missile above 250km.

@Hydration @The SC @Gomig-21 isn't strange that Egyptian Air Force is training with RSAF in KSA and in the same time Israel is doing a huge military drills in Israel and Cyprus. The Israeli exercice is concentrating more in air strikes for Iran ground force attack for Gaza Lebanon (Hezbollah) etc... There is something big happening in the Middle East. Unless then a month, there is a lot of assassination in Iran by Mossad most probably. Our president said that our EAF (army, air, navy forces) will be ready in case of a war in the region. Ya3ni yesterday an iranian missile engineer was poisoned. Till now Iran didn't respond despite assassinations.

Edit : Even our Navy with Saudi Navy also along with Red Sea allies.

Last edited:
@Hydration @The SC @Gomig-21 isn't strange that Egyptian Air Force is training with RSAF in KSA and in the same time Israel is doing a huge military drills in Israel and Cyprus. The Israeli exercice is concentrating more in air strikes for Iran ground force attack for Gaza Lebanon (Hezbollah) etc... There is something big happening in the Middle East. Unless then a month, there is a lot of assassination in Iran by Mossad most probably. Our president said that our EAF (army, air, navy forces) will be ready in case of a war in the region. Ya3ni yesterday an iranian missile engineer was poisoned. Till now Iran didn't respond despite assassinations.

Edit : Even our Navy with Saudi Navy also along with Red Sea allies.
Question is,akhy,does Iran ever respond?

Meteor not yet integrated on the Rafale? 🤔

The article is painstakingly translated from Arabic to English by @The SC and then once the auto translation is done word for word, the Arabic language as it's translated that way doesn't make sense in English and so needs correcting which he also does. So good for him to go through all that but what that phrase actually meant is that the meteors still haven't been integrated on the first batch of EAF Rafales. Supposedly the reason is that those first 24 Rafales were F3 and not F3R and couldn't fire the meteor until its specific software and partial hardware are updated to F3R standard.

Question is,akhy,does Iran ever respond?
They responded when USA killed Qasem Soleimani. Let's see. If Israel attack Iran then ofc Iran will respond. The IDF is training in Cyprus so they can train their army in mountainous fields of Lebanon mainly south of it. IDK if they leant from the 2006 invasion of Lebanon where they got smacked hahahaha.

Last edited:
The article is painstakingly translated from Arabic to English by @The SC and then once the auto translation is done word for word, the Arabic language as it's translated that way doesn't make sense in English and so needs correcting which he also does. So good for him to go through all that but what that phrase actually meant is that the meteors still haven't been integrated on the first batch of EAF Rafales. Supposedly the reason is that those first 24 Rafales were F3 and not F3R and couldn't fire the meteor until its specific software and partial hardware are updated to F3R standard.
I thought it was just a very old article or something,like @Hydration said 🤷🏻‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom