What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

The article is painstakingly translated from Arabic to English by @The SC and then once the auto translation is done word for word, the Arabic language as it's translated that way doesn't make sense in English and so needs correcting which he also does. So good for him to go through all that but what that phrase actually meant is that the meteors still haven't been integrated on the first batch of EAF Rafales. Supposedly the reason is that those first 24 Rafales were F3 and not F3R and couldn't fire the meteor until its specific software and partial hardware are updated to F3R standard.
Egypt’s existing Rafales (which are to F3-R standards) have already been seen operating in both the air-to-air role, armed with various types of Mica missile, and in the air-to-ground role, carrying the AASM Hammer stand-off precision-guided missile (PGM).

https://www.timesaerospace.aero/features/defence/rafale-just-the-ticket-for-egypt

So Meteor missile didn't enter in the service for French Air Force?
It did by now.. but they started the integration and tests only one year ago..

Egypt’s existing Rafales (which are to F3-R standards) have already been seen operating in both the air-to-air role, armed with various types of Mica missile, and in the air-to-ground role, carrying the AASM Hammer stand-off precision-guided missile (PGM).

https://www.timesaerospace.aero/features/defence/rafale-just-the-ticket-for-egypt

We ordered Meteor too,the version we got is the F3R.

Screenshot_2022-06-06 MBDA signs two contracts with Greece for naval and air weaponry - Naval ...png

I was explaining to @Foinikas who questioned why your article said the that the METEOR was not integrated on the Rafale. So I explained to him that at the time of ordering and prior to delivery, the METEOR wasn't integrated to the Rafales yet because they were F3 and not F3R yet.

The jets were then later upgraded to F3R standard but they weren't when originally ordered or delivered, hence the integration quote in your article. I think it was around 2019+/- when they got upgraded and then were capable of firing the METEOR.

Just like Mahmoud Gamal says in that last tweet you posted about the METEORs.

Mahmoud Gamal

@mahmouedgamal44

Also Egypt will receive MBDA Meteor air-to-air missiles with BVR capabilities after upgrading the EAF Rafale fighter jets to F3R standard.

We ordered Meteor too,the version we got is the F3R.

View attachment 851915

Nice. I'm expecting a lot of grief and headaches and certainly a lot of friction on the METEOR coming to the EAF. I know the fellas here don't like it when I get all pessimistic, but I'm a realist who's been around for a while lol and see how almost all these trends evolve. Almost like a hawk who can see a mouse from 3 miles away. :D

Any offensive weapon of that caliber goes through a huge blocking process for obvious reasons everyone knows, even if they're agreed to and written in the signed contract doesn't mean Jack squat. The perfect example of that was the 50 SCALP cruise missiles on the original Rafale order. It was all agreed, signed and almost ready to deliver when the US swooped in and blocked it because of ITAR regulations since the CMs had one or two US components in them! So the French, bless them went back to the shop and resourced the American parts and then no one could say Jack squat and the EAF actually ended up with double the original amount, 100 SCALPs. I thought it was still 50 in the inventory but recent reliable info claimed the number was at 100 SCALP cruise missiles in the EAF. Which is still a low amount, anyway. Compared to UAE and Saudi Arabia whom have somewhere in the vicinity of 300 to 500 each.

So we'll see how this METEOR evolves. Hopefully with the signing of the Eurofighter Typhoon, they've figured out a way where the missile has been approved by all parties that would have any say in the matter anyway. That way there aren't any last minute surprises.

I was explaining to @Foinikas who questioned why your article said the that the METEOR was not integrated on the Rafale. So I explained to him that at the time of ordering and prior to delivery, the METEOR wasn't integrated to the Rafales yet because they were F3 and not F3R yet.

The jets were then later upgraded to F3R standard but they weren't when originally ordered or delivered, hence the integration quote in your article. I think it was around 2019+/- when they got upgraded and then were capable of firing the METEOR.

Just like Mahmoud Gamal says in that last tweet you posted about the METEORs.

Mahmoud Gamal
@mahmouedgamal44

Also Egypt will receive MBDA Meteor air-to-air missiles with BVR capabilities after upgrading the EAF Rafale fighter jets to F3R standard.
I remember a tweet by Mahmoud saying that the Meteor is "maybe" option for Egypt. In this tweet he was doubting that Egypt will be procured with Meteor. But I can't find tweet sadly.

I found it. This one ya @Gomig-21 where he is doubting about the missile.

I remember a tweet by Mahmoud saying that the Meteor is "maybe" option for Egypt. In this tweet he was doubting that Egypt will be procured with Meteor. But I can't find tweet sadly.

I believe it. I think we all would love to always think that the EAForces will get whatever they want whenever they want except with the US. But the truth is that much of the European defense markets are HUGELY influenced by the US, not necessarily the Jews although they do have a certain level of clout with Germany. Other than that, they go crying to the US and then the US decides if it's worth the pressure. But they do it if they think they can and need to, and a missile that will compete with the AIM-260 coming to Egypt? A7a mesh momken ye7sal el kalaam da!

I found it. This one ya @Gomig-21 where he is doubting about the missile.

Yep. I share the same exact sentiment and I don't even remember seeing that tweet of his and I'm following him like all the other hundreds of thousands of people. I'm glad I'm not the only one with realistic pessimism.

Which BTW, transfers to the Typhoons to a large degree. If you think about it, would the EAF really not purchase the Typhoons simply because it doesn't come with the Meteor? Or would they still buy it because of all its other capabilities?

The best part to look forward to hopefully is that it does come with the Typhoon package which then should open the doors wide and they'll be able to order them from MBDA for the Rafales IF they don't come with the next batch of fighters. If they do, then everyone is as happy as an elephant rolling in mud.

Here's a question for you and anyone else - let's say they sign the Eurofighter and M-346 contract sometime this month, which one will be delivered first to Egypt, the new Rafales or would the Typhoon beat it to Egypt?

A year ago or something like that your interior minister said that Pakistan will buy the the J-10 this year you got it. Also a months ago he said that Pakistan will procure J-20. Why would he say the same thing if he wasn't sure that China will not sell J-20
Hi don’t trust him about defence news as at one time he was quoting j10 j20 too so if possible to share Chinese GT link I’ll appreciate that but as I have written before even Chinese themselves are not up to the mark of fulfilling their requirement accordingly so there isn’t anyway to export j20
but offcourse if we talk about let’s say 10/15 years down the line it can be possible for immediate requirements in near future for PAF will be j31/35 again it depend how fast india is getting F35 or any other 5th generation platform from Russia
thank you

Trans:
The wonderful European Cabtor-E radar of the new AESA class is dedicated to working on the European fighter Eurofighter Typhoon. The radar has a number of transmitting and receiving modules between 1000 to 1500 and works in X-Band mode. It increases the ability of the Typhoon to detect targets by 60% capable of detecting targets It can detect and track dozens of diverse targets, draw accurate ground maps, and direct missiles to their targets. Radar is working on the recently received Kuwaiti Typhoon fighters.

Nice. I'm expecting a lot of grief and headaches and certainly a lot of friction on the METEOR coming to the EAF. I know the fellas here don't like it when I get all pessimistic, but I'm a realist who's been around for a while lol and see how almost all these trends evolve. Almost like a hawk who can see a mouse from 3 miles away. :D

Any offensive weapon of that caliber goes through a huge blocking process for obvious reasons everyone knows, even if they're agreed to and written in the signed contract doesn't mean Jack squat. The perfect example of that was the 50 SCALP cruise missiles on the original Rafale order. It was all agreed, signed and almost ready to deliver when the US swooped in and blocked it because of ITAR regulations since the CMs had one or two US components in them! So the French, bless them went back to the shop and resourced the American parts and then no one could say Jack squat and the EAF actually ended up with double the original amount, 100 SCALPs. I thought it was still 50 in the inventory but recent reliable info claimed the number was at 100 SCALP cruise missiles in the EAF. Which is still a low amount, anyway. Compared to UAE and Saudi Arabia whom have somewhere in the vicinity of 300 to 500 each.

So we'll see how this METEOR evolves. Hopefully with the signing of the Eurofighter Typhoon, they've figured out a way where the missile has been approved by all parties that would have any say in the matter anyway. That way there aren't any last minute surprises.
The Meteor will come to Egypt for sure..

I'm a realistic optimist..like a lion who can smell a gazelle from 10 miles away..HaHaHa!

The Meteor will come to Egypt for sure..

I'm a realistic optimist..like a lion who can smell a gazelle from 10 miles away..HaHaHa!
With westerns countries must be cautious and apprehensive because you don't know what can happen. I will be very proud if we have them.

Back
Top Bottom