What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

But this time around with Germany
Germany? How? It says Leonardo would build 60% of the avionics and Finmeccanica would build the rest of the fighters. Where did you see Germany ya Basha?

1654315458761.png

:lol: The 24 Eurofighters are back in the news again! This might be the reason for not pursuing the UAE's Mirage 2Ks. I said this 3 years ago when these 24 Typhoons were part of the Italian mega deal with the Bergamini FREMMs, that with the Rafales, the only way it would make sense to add another euro-canard to the team would be to replace the ancient Mirage 2Ks with these new, state of the art killer birds. Then those 2 new squadrons and their excellent weapons can take over the Mirage 2Ks special air force duties.
Would you exchange the SU-35 with Eurofighter?
For me yes because I think they have more advanced technologies than the SU-35. And I haven't heard a lot of problems from it so. Plus they are combat proven.

Would you exchange the SU-35 with Eurofighter?

Well, I wouldn't "exchange" the two per definition of that word, simply because of 2 reasons.

1) I think the most effective integration of the Typhoon in the EAF would be to the current Mirage 2K squadrons. Put the old Mirages into storage and start anew with the Typhoons since it appears that because we rarely see the Mirage 2Ks and their missions seem very secretive, they almost act like an air force special force. Which is fine. So, replace them with these but not the role of the heavy Su-35SE or F-15.

2) Just like the Su-35, the Eurofighter still has radar issues but not as bad! :lol: Even the Captor-E is not AESA and only the recent development of the Common Radar System Mark 2 (ECRS Mk 2) AESA radar for the British, German and Spanish Typhoons has still to be completed. It was given development green light in 2021 so not sure it is ready or has been installed in the British, Kuwaiti or the Qatari Typhoons. So that is a huge issue. Also, the fighter itself needs to be the FGR4 Typhoon, the latest version.

There's no more use in settling for the lesser models and if they disagree, politely tell them to kick rocks while pounding sand! :D This is an important contract for the Eurofighter Typhoon so they need it also, and we should be done settling for half-*** equipment or older generations.

For me yes because I think they have more advanced technologies than the SU-35. And I haven't heard a lot of problems from it so. Plus they are combat proven.

Not sure how they claim it to be an air superiority fighter without an AESA radar lol. The only possible positive benefit out of this deal is the very possible inclusion of the Meteor missiles. Then having an AESA radar on top of that would make them lethal beyond belief. A perfect replacement for the Mirage-2Ks.

The hybrid PESA/AESA radar is in the sense that they have added those AESA radars on the wings _if you remember them_ and combined them with the PESA on the SU-35S..which has also some AI components added from the SU-57..

Of course I remember them, bro. I had quite a few discussions with Russian fanboys about those wing flaps AESA radar.

So what they're claiming is that by having the two L-band AESA wing LEWF (Leading Edge Wing Flaps) working in tandem with the IRBIS-E PESA, they can call it "a hybrid radar"? That's so deceptive lol.

When they say "The IRBIS-E is a 'hybrid' PESA/AESA' radar, that really means the radar itself has AESA modules and is partly functioning as an AESA and not really from an additional radar. It's also those work separately from what I gathered, and not in conjunction either.

I'm going to look into that a little more, as to whether they actually work together or are separately working units and get back to you. That would change things just a little bit. I still don't like a lot of the analog technology in the IRBIS-E TBH.

He deleted hahahaha

Actually it appears that Mahmoud deleted the tweet for some reason. It's off his page now.

Well, I wouldn't "exchange" the two per definition of that word, simply because of 2 reasons.

1) I think the most effective integration of the Typhoon in the EAF would be to the current Mirage 2K squadrons. Put the old Mirages into storage and start anew with the Typhoons since it appears that because we rarely see the Mirage 2Ks and their missions seem very secretive, they almost act like an air force special force. Which is fine. So, replace them with these but not the role of the heavy Su-35SE or F-15.

2) Just like the Su-35, the Eurofighter still has radar issues but not as bad! :lol: Even the Captor-E is not AESA and only the recent development of the Common Radar System Mark 2 (ECRS Mk 2) AESA radar for the British, German and Spanish Typhoons has still to be completed. It was given development green light in 2021 so not sure it is ready or has been installed in the British, Kuwaiti or the Qatari Typhoons. So that is a huge issue. Also, the fighter itself needs to be the FGR4 Typhoon, the latest version.

There's no more use in settling for the lesser models and if they disagree, politely tell them to kick rocks while pounding sand! :D This is an important contract for the Eurofighter Typhoon so they need it also, and we should be done settling for half-*** equipment or older generations.

Not sure how they claim it to be an air superiority fighter without an AESA radar lol. The only possible positive benefit out of this deal is the very possible inclusion of the Meteor missiles. Then having an AESA radar on top of that would make them lethal beyond belief. A perfect replacement for the Mirage-2Ks.
The problem is that we can't afford both F-15 and Eurofighter or SU-35 and Eurofighter. We have to choose one of the three. According to multiple sources, EF is an air superiority aircraft.
What I want is that to have real BVR on our MIG-29M/M2 not the 80km missile (maybe the +100km is in our inventory) on our Rafale (Mica and Meteor) and our new aircraft (F-15-EF-SU-35). Plus forget about to have a BVR missile on our F-16 hahaha
Actually it appears that Mahmoud deleted the tweet for some reason. It's off his page now.
I think he deleted because it wasn't reliable.

Here's the image he used. Notice the 4 meteors on the corners of the air intakes and engine nacelles? And I really like the missile decoy on the wingtip. That seems like a very effective air defense option. This is such a gorgeous aircraft also, just like the Rafale and its beauty. This is really almost the best option to replace the Mirage 2Ks.

1654352702294.png

Last edited:
The problem is that we can't afford both F-15 and Eurofighter or SU-35 and Eurofighter. We have to choose one of the three. According to multiple sources, EF is an air superiority aircraft.
What I want is that to have real BVR on our MIG-29M/M2 not the 80km missile (maybe the +100km is in our inventory) on our Rafale (Mica and Meteor) and our new aircraft (F-15-EF-SU-35). Plus forget about to have a BVR missile on our F-16 hahaha

Totally agree with all of that except the air superiority role. How on earth could it possibly be an air superiority platform when it doesn't have an AESA radar? People need to understand that AESA radars are a must in every modern flying platform because of the augmented capabilities in speed, target acquisition AND TRACKING at great distances and especially because of the rapid frequency hoping that AESA radars work with, they're almost impossible to jam.

I think the reason it was labeled that way is because when the 4 countries involved got together originally to design and build this aircraft and make it the "F-15 or Joint Fighter" of Europe, they decided to call it an air superiority fighter because AESA radars weren't that common and certainly not combat proven at the time. Things have since changed considerably and the designation of air superiority just stayed and never changed.

I think he deleted because it wasn't reliable.

Probably, but the article never really claimed anything except they've been negotiating with the EAF for 3 years and an announcement would help Leonardo and Finmeccanica's cause with the merging and stocks etc.

Imagine if he could use a real F-16 like the block 60 or block 70 😔

You know what's pretty interesting in that photo? It's very telling how the EAF has absolutely NO PROBLEM operating 2 types of different origin platforms, Western & Easterns. You can see the difference in not only the colors of the Russian MiG-29M/M2 blue G-suits & white helmets vs those of the F-16s. Yet these two sets of aircraft seem to be operating together very well under the new RCS2 command & control. They even took these two types AND the Mirage-2Ks to Greece to perform JTAC exercises with the Hellenic Air Force.

BTW, while I certainly agree with your premise about operating the block-60/70, if you really think about it, though, almost everyone uses the block 50/52 and only UAE uses the block 60. Even the supposed super fancy shmancy POS Israeli Suffa is a block 50 or 52 depending on what engine they have, Pratt Whitney or GE. Even the US doesn't operate any F-16s over the block 52 lol. It's mostly the radar (as I've been stubbornly and annoyingly preaching, I know) and of course, the armament that makes the huge difference. Sensors and EW suite and all that are really secondary to the essentials.

But, seeing that interesting Sparrow AND the Al-Tariqs on the EAF F-16s is very encouraging. It certainly appears their performance is much greater than people think.

Last edited:

Looks like the new Maadi rifle is starting to be mass produce. Does Egypt produce locally MP-5K ?
We can see in 1:33 the K9 Thunder. What type of "ATGM" is this in 1:44?

Back
Top Bottom