What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

I made this, I got a data sheet for a thermal optic for the AT-3 Sagger missile as well.😂😂🤣

I will post this soon, it has pretty good performance and makes the system day and night capable and with good range as well.

@Gomig-21

They also make thermal weapon sights I will upload all the spec sheets for their products soon.
thermal malyutka? thats new

Does anyone know if the rumors of Egypt buying T-90MS tanks were true? I honestly don't belive in them anymore, since Egypt wants to acquire K2 tanks, but military acquisitions are sometimes very strange.
no deal signed

thermal malyutka? thats new
Not thermal, but with a thermal sight. Here is the spec sheet.

1651949835726.png

For reference, this is how thermal sights look

1651949915675.png

Specs are very similar to this Japanese thermal imager

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the rumors of Egypt buying T-90MS tanks were true? I honestly don't belive in them anymore, since Egypt wants to acquire K2 tanks, but military acquisitions are sometimes very strange.
We were in an advanced negotiations with Russia for T-90MS and we were close to sign it but with CAATSA laws etc... we didn't sign.

Thank you for your kind words!

They didn't, if they did, we would have seen at least a few during 2011 and some years later. Despite Egypt being quite secretive with some of its systems, you cannot hide 425 tanks. There was also a really good article on them, I'll link it later if I manage to find it.
I think Egyptian side cancelled the project because Teledyne, the company that made the prototype(s), faced bankrupcy. Later on, Egypt eyed for options in Russia (some photos emerged shortly before rumors of Egypt buying T-90MS tanks), where they proposed some more prototypes, but none saw any production. Ramses II would have been much better than T-62Es Egypt currently has. And if the army had 425 tanks that were supposed to be modified in 2004-2006, I'm certain they would have been showing these instead of T-62Es during displays. Meanwhile, only 1-2 prototypes of Ramses II were made and it is unknown what happened to them, but I doubt they were accepted in service. Either they were scrapped, sitting in some graveyard or in storage.

While similar, and I can understand why people mistake T-55Es for them, there are key differences, as you can see.
View attachment 841814
View attachment 841813

I cannot deny it's beautiful looking tank, despite being Frankenstein's monster.

Egypt Reportedly Signs Contract for 500 Russian T-90MS Tanks​

1651954751031.png

Egypt's government has signed an agreement for the production of 500 Russian T-90MS tanks in the country, according to Russian media reports on June 27.

The reports quoted Russian defense industry sources as saying Russian tank maker Uralvagonzavod (UVZ) will build a facility to assemble the tanks under license, with many of the parts to be imported from Russia. The value of the deal was not disclosed.

The agreement was said to have been reached by Egypt's Defense Ministry, UVZ and Russia's Rosoboronexport arms export agency.

The T-90MS, the latest version of the T-90 main battle tank, is said to have powerful weaponry, an advanced fire control system and explosive reactive armor, as well as the capability to operate around the clock in any climate.

Reports said one of the reasons that the Egyptian military was interested in the T-90MS was because it is lighter than the M1 Abrams tank, which is too heavy to be transported by Egypt's Mistral-class Helicopter Carriers. Egypt has over 1,000 M1 Abrams tanks in its armored divisions.

https://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/node/43814

The Usraelis follow the Egyptian affairs and mostly the military deals very closely..So it must be true.. :-):-)

The Usraelis follow the Egyptian affairs and mostly the military deals very closely..So it must be true.. :-):-)

They also have a huge tendency to purposely exaggerate, like their shootdown claims among many things lmao.

On these tank deals, my guess is that they're looking into the K2 to eventually replace the M60A3s (which is a very tall order since there's somewhere around 1700 of those tanks in the EGY army) as it wouldn't change so much of the logistics and needs between the Abrams and the K2s just like the M60s fit as well. Same fuel (assuming the Egyptian tank crews are running the Abrams versatile Honeywell ATG-1500 engine with diesel which is the same as the only fuel the K2 is capable of using.) The ATG-1500 can run of either diesel, unleaded gasoline or even jet fuel/kerosene.

I remember you and I having this argument with Frogman about the compatibility of the T-90MS with the Abrams and M60s, but now that the Black Panther is also in the picture, things fall into place a bit better provided that is the way they will replace them.

The T-90s can just replace the current Russian tanks in inventory and operate strictly under diesel fuel and keep their duties completely separate from those of the other two, so that this issue of logistics doesn't interfere with their compatibility or performance.

I remember you and I having this argument with Frogman about the compatibility of the T-90MS with the Abrams and M60s, but now that the Black Panther is also in the picture, things fall into place a bit better provided that is the way they will replace them.
Where is Frogman hahaha. Long time no see hahaha. Was he banned?

Allah yerhamhom w kos om el erhabiyin (terrorist).

Indeed. But this just irks me to no end. This is yet another disaster in the way they're operating. An absolute disgrace! They need to be called out every time something like this happens. And where are those who need to be accountable for these tremendous human losses?! Where are those incompetents whom are supposedly in charge of making sure all these poor soldiers get the training and equipment they need to survive these incredibly unfortunate and dangerous situations?!

We never hear of anything like this happening in other areas suffering from terrorism where soldiers get frequently taken out in large numbers like this! What an absolute disaster and disgraceful shame. Those in charge need to be hung by their balls until they learn to instill the proper training, procedures and be giving the right equipment to give them a chance.

Sisi needs to put his foot down and purge the heck out of those defunct and delinquent sacks of rubbish who are in charge and dreadfully failing with these poor soldier's fates.

Indeed. But this just irks me to no end. This is yet another disaster in the way they're operating. An absolute disgrace! They need to be called out every time something like this happens. And where are those who need to be accountable for these tremendous human losses?! Where are those incompetents whom are supposedly in charge of making sure all these poor soldiers get the training and equipment they need to survive these incredibly unfortunate and dangerous situations?!

We never hear of anything like this happening in other areas suffering from terrorism where soldiers get frequently taken out in large numbers like this! What an absolute disaster and disgraceful shame. Those in charge need to be hung by their balls until they learn to instill the proper training, procedures and be giving the right equipment to give them a chance.

Sisi needs to put his foot down and purge the heck out of those defunct and delinquent sacks of rubbish who are in charge and dreadfully failing with these poor soldier's fates.
But i think this is the first time to have a heavy casualties since long time. We didn't heard of DAESH because it weakened. I hope it will be the last

there should be a huge purge for ncos leading those people they seem to not incoperate any of the training they learned this is just horrendous. i get it that it was a suprise attack but cmon where are the damn cover for these people

Back
Top Bottom