What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

does anyone remember bassem youssef? he was such a great guy. i loved him too sad sisi didmt like his show

1651354839670.png

@Abu Sulayman , are you still around, my brother? Haven't talked to you since August of 2018 when you checked in on us in the Team USA thread. I hope you're doing well ISA and Ramadan Kareem to you and your family. One more day and we should be celebrating Eid El Fitr InshaAllah.

I tagged you also because I remember you worked for Sikorsky or maybe even Augusta Westland branch in NA, and since you're the helicopter expert and take them out for testing etc., maybe you can chime in on that pic above in @joker87 's post of the EAF's new AW-189 SAR helo and the interesting parts circled if you would happen to know what they are? Either way, it would be nice to hear from you again.

Speaking of EAF helos, nice rare pic of an EAF Gazelle from the inside of the cockpit.

1651355285272.png

The Egyptian army has great surprises and new military deals

So according to Tom Cooper (whom I never really liked for certain reasons but he seems to be respected by many of his readers) that there are some fascinating goings on between Egypt and Russia and the MiG-29M/M2 and of course, the Su-35.

In this video, he claims that the EAF originally was opting for the Su-30 but instead, settled for the MiG-29M/M2!?!? We never heard anything remotely close to that and why would they want the more expensive Su-30 when their objective was to replace the old MiG-21s and F-7 with an affordable option and the MiG was perfect. So not sure there is any veracity to that whole theory of his.

Then he says that once they settled for the MiG-29M/M2, they were promised by the Russians that once the Zhuk-AE AESA radar was ready, that they would upgrade ALL the MiGs in the EAF to the MiG-35 standard with the AESA radar but several years have passed and nothing happened. So according to him, the Russians reneged on their end of the deal with the radar.

Then he claims that the EAF's decision to purchase the Su-35 was "premature" lol! Wait, wuuut? Weren't they discussing that prospect of the Su-35 since 2017 or even 2016? I remember you mentioning it and we were all laughing at you SC, thinking you were crazy because it was mentioned in a tiny paragraph in a small article lol. But guess who had the last laugh? lol, you did and I still owe you a pizza for that! :D

Anyway, so what the heck is this guy Tom Cooper talking about?!?! How could it be premature when they were thinking about it 3 years prior to signing the deal?

THEN he claims the same story about the EAF testing the Rafale's SPECTRA on the Su-35 and it completely jammed the IRBIS-E.

This is the 2nd source that has claimed that happening and then when I look at this pic here in @joker87 's post, I see either a used or 2nd hand cockpit & avionics and honestly, not impressed at all. I see a lot of toggle switches which are buttons of 3rd generation aircraft and analog displays with that MFD screen added in front of the existing dash just to make it look modern. Something isn't right...

1651380014497.png

And the story of the MiG radar is crazy considering you and I were talking about that when they first came to Egypt and if they would upgrade the Zhuk-ME to the AE AESA!? Remember that?

New pic, but sadly this thing is not looking as good as it once did....

1651417775095.png

Last edited:
So according to Tom Cooper (whom I never really liked for certain reasons but he seems to be respected by many of his readers) that there are some fascinating goings on between Egypt and Russia and the MiG-29M/M2 and of course, the Su-35.
I wish that Egypt will buy at least 50 other MIF-29M/M2 and plus more PGM A2A missiles etc... IDK if the USA will accept the deal yes or no and if they will apply CAATSA on us. The hypocrisy a7a begad India bought and received and still receiving S-400 SAM batteries those americans didn't open their mouse haga khara.

In this video, he claims that the EAF originally was opting for the Su-30 but instead, settled for the MiG-29M/M2!?!? We never heard anything remotely close to that and why would they want the more expensive Su-30 when their objective was to replace the old MiG-21s and F-7 with an affordable option and the MiG was perfect. So not sure there is any veracity to that whole theory of his.

Then he says that once they settled for the MiG-29M/M2, they were promised by the Russians that once the Zhuk-AE AESA radar was ready, that they would upgrade ALL the MiGs in the EAF to the MiG-35 standard with the AESA radar but several years have passed and nothing happened. So according to him, the Russians reneged on their end of the deal with the radar.

Then he claims that the EAF's decision to purchase the Su-35 was "premature" lol! Wait, wuuut? Weren't they discussing that prospect of the Su-35 since 2017 or even 2016? I remember you mentioning it and we were all laughing at you SC, thinking you were crazy because it was mentioned in a tiny paragraph in a small article lol. But guess who had the last laugh? lol, you did and I still owe you a pizza for that! :D

Anyway, so what the heck is this guy Tom Cooper talking about?!?! How could it be premature when they were thinking about it 3 years prior to signing the deal?

THEN he claims the same story about the EAF testing the Rafale's SPECTRA on the Su-35 and it completely jammed the IRBIS-E.

This is the 2nd source that has claimed that happening and then when I look at this pic here in @joker87 's post, I see either a used or 2nd hand cockpit & avionics and honestly, not impressed at all. I see a lot of toggle switches which are buttons of 3rd generation aircraft and analog displays with that MFD screen added in front of the existing dash just to make it look modern. Something isn't right...

View attachment 839629

And the story of the MiG radar is crazy considering you and I were talking about that when they first came to Egypt and if they would upgrade the Zhuk-ME to the AE AESA!? Remember that?

View attachment 839775
the hell is this tom guy mumbling about?Su-30?????????? and how did u make it as of a 2nd hand avionics?

iam starting to doubt the su35 deal.

i think its time muslims unite in military technology make our own fighter these purchases will only supplment us in the short term

The full video is coming soon and I think it has been produced

what are you talking about
I think about SU-35.
iam starting to doubt the su35 deal.
I lost my hope when general Mckenzie said "In the case of Egypt, I think we have good news in that we’re going to provide them with F-15s, which was a long, hard slog,". Ya3ni akeno he is confirming 100% that we will get the F-15. Plus I knew that we will not have the SU-35 because of CAATSA and we can't loose USA as an ally because they are military economical etc... partners unlike Russia. We use Russia so we can get what we want. For example, USA has military economical powers that can make shine around the world but Russia doesn't have economical power but only military.

I think about SU-35.

I lost my hope when general Mckenzie said "In the case of Egypt, I think we have good news in that we’re going to provide them with F-15s, which was a long, hard slog,". Ya3ni akeno he is confirming 100% that we will get the F-15. Plus I knew that we will not have the SU-35 because of CAATSA and we can't loose USA as an ally because they are military economical etc... partners unlike Russia. We use Russia so we can get what we want. For example, USA has military economical powers that can make shine around the world but Russia doesn't have economical power but only military.
Egypt is used to get weapons, but deal 35 is realistic
f15 is just a statement swearing an oath to the sheikhs and no one talks about it after that

View attachment 839629

View attachment 839775
Bro.. the negos for the the Mig-29s went hand in hand with the SU-30 around 2013-14 if I remember well.. and it has evolved to the Mig29M-M2 and SU-35S later on..it has never been one or the other..Egypt went for a whole package, those two advanced fighters, latest Helicopters, new long, medium and short range Air-defense systems, Radars of all sorts and ranges and some more systems.. that is why the Molina missile craft was given as a gift.. :-)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom