What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

For some reason,there are people in the government or Army who don't do anything about the national rifle contest and ignore the whole thing.
Sadly it is called corruption I think

The right assault rifle, the brown one, is so sexy hahaha

Let’s agree to share videos that have references/sources mentioned, the guy is jumping to conclusions and has the usual propagandish tone.
I’d really like to know the source, based on which, he states Egypt launched Scarabs into southern Israel in 2003.

Totally agree with that. It always rubbed me the wrong way when unsubstantiated information is just blasted out there without showing some legitimate source of that information, especially when it is surprising and of high value info.

You can even legitimize it by saying "there was a rumor that so & so happened back then," or "some locals reported seeing Israeli jets flying over the Delta but we haven't been able to substantiate that information" etc. So many ways to be sure that if there is no source, you try to at least mention that it's not 100% corroborated.

Now this fella is either connected to the military and has clearance to drop all this information or is just taking a huge chance and walking a very tight line. Either way, he puts out so much info without really crediting any source (besides some military generals said this, or it was announced at EDEX, or a bunch of goofy guys on a Pakistani military forum said this LOL that it might be a good idea for him to list all his sources at the end of each video. Kind of like credits at the end of a documentary or even a movie.

1649814514835.png

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of "decoys" of any kind. Especially ones for fighter jets like chaff and flares. I like the concept of the towed decoy on the Eurofighter Typhoon, I just don't know how effective it is, even more so on jamming torpedoes like this thing! I hope I am wrong.

The incoming missiles are just way too fast and push much higher Gs than the larger and slower targets they're trying to defeat. I think the only ones that stand the slightly better are flares against IR-guided missiles. But even those probably have to be dispensed in huge amounts to attract a super fast missile away from its originally intended target. The chances of running out of flares vs the number of possible incoming enemy missiles is much greater.

Then when I see a jamming torpedo like this one on the MEKOs against submarine or ship-fired torpedoes, I think the same thing TBH and think they're better off with a missile to destroy it in this case lol.

Even better and more cost-effective would just be a simple CIWS. Just like they used with the surface system for incoming anti-ship or cruise missiles, they can use them on torpedoes, and it seems like they would be more successful than trying to jam them with another torpedo or missile look-alike.

Everything has to be complicated and expensive these days. Why? Simple is almost always better. Incoming torpedoes are always very visible from the deck of the ship and not too deep that they could receive a barrage of 7.62 x 39 and do the trick. 1,000 rounds or even 2,000 would seem more effective and certainly less expensive, just like the Phalanx does for incoming surface & air threats. It seems that would be much better than trying to hit it with a missile or torpedo. Heck throw a net at it or even do just enough to change its trajectory and have it miss the ship entirely. I just think there probably is a lot better, simpler and less expensive solutions to that type of threat than shooting a $120,000 jamming missile plus $600,000 worth of associated equipment.

Here is a comprehensive article about the Scarab also known as the Model 324, specifically to meet Egyptian requirements:

The U.S. Sold This Unique Stealth Drone Called ‘Scarab’ To Egypt In The 1980s​

View attachment 833731

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...tealth-recon-drone-called-scarab-in-the-1980s

A Land-Attack Cruise Missile version of Scarab was considered in the US..

View attachment 833732

http://stargazer2006.online.fr/unmanned/pages/scarab2.htm

"Feasibility of Third World advanced ballistic and cruise missile threat" study (NDIA)
http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/missile/ADA377356.pdf

We talked about this thing last year and some couldn't believe that they only opened up 9 of the 60 or so units the US supplied Egypt with. Even more surprised that they haven't even opened the carts that they were shipped in! They probably have 12 centimeters of dust on them, sitting in a warehouse for 3-1/2 decades LOL! Crazy.

Then I thought the best thing for them to do with at this point in time is turn those things into kamikaze drones (or like @Hydration or was it @Ghostkiller ? one of those fellas suggested) turn them into cruise missiles (same thing as kamikazes) and fill them with super large quantities of explosives. Then they'll have their own, land-based cruise missiles to accompany the Rafales' SCALPs.

With all the much more sophisticated drones they have in their inventory (and of course with satellites nowadays), UAVs flying recon missions will somewhat become obsolete.

Only states that don't have better options will need to continue using drones for recon, but not Egypt anymore (except maybe for simple and specifically required missions) and if the need does arise, they have many other options that would be much better and less prone for taking a beating and getting destroyed or even lost to the enemy.

These Scarabs have these strong, foam-like airbags, so to speak, LOL, that get deployed from the bottom of the fuselage to absorb the impact of when they land back down on the ground. Way too much of a headache compared to the wheeled and other drones of today.

1649816127547.png

Last edited:
Totally agree with that. It always rubbed me the wrong way when unsubstantiated information is just blasted out there without showing some legitimate source of that information, especially when it is surprising and of high value info.

You can even legitimize it by saying "there was a rumor that so & so happened back then," or "some locals reported seeing Israeli jets flying over the Delta but we haven't been able to substantiate that information" etc. So many ways to be sure that if there is no source, you try to at least mention that it's not 100% corroborated.

Now this fella is either connected to the military and has clearance to drop all this information or is just taking a huge chance and walking a very tight line. Either way, he puts out so much info without really crediting any source (besides some military generals said this, or it was announced at EDEX, or a bunch of goofy guys on a Pakistani military forum said this LOL that it might be a good idea for him to list all his sources at the end of each video. Kind of like credits at the end of a documentary or even a movie.

Honestly, I've never been a big fan of "decoys" of any kind. Especially ones for fighter jets like chaff and flares. I like the concept of the towed decoy on the Eurofighter Typhoon, I just don't know how effective it is, even more so on jamming torpedoes like this thing! I hope I am wrong.

The incoming missiles are just way too fast and push much higher Gs than the larger and slower targets they're trying to defeat. I think the only ones that stand the slightly better are flares against IR-guided missiles. But even those probably have to be dispensed in huge amounts to attract a super fast missile away from its originally intended target. The chances of running out of flares vs the number of possible incoming enemy missiles is much greater.

Then when I see a jamming torpedo like this one on the MEKOs against submarine or ship-fired torpedoes, I think the same thing TBH and think they're better off with a missile to destroy it in this case lol.

Even better and more cost-effective would just be a simple CIWS. Just like they used with the surface system for incoming anti-ship or cruise missiles, they can use them on torpedoes, and it seems like they would be more successful than trying to jam them with another torpedo or missile look-alike.

Everything has to be complicated and expensive these days. Why? Simple is almost always better. Incoming torpedoes are always very visible from the deck of the ship and not too deep that they could receive a barrage of 7.62 x 39 and do the trick. 1,000 rounds or even 2,000 would seem more effective and certainly less expensive, just like the Phalanx does for incoming surface & air threats. It seems that would be much better than trying to hit it with a missile or torpedo. Heck throw a net at it or even do just enough to change its trajectory and have it miss the ship entirely. I just think there probably is a lot better, simpler and less expensive solutions to that type of threat than shooting a $120,000 jamming missile plus $600,000 worth of associated equipment.

We talked about this thing last year and some couldn't believe that they only opened up 9 of the 60 or so units the US supplied Egypt with. Even more surprised that they haven't even opened the carts that they were shipped in! They probably have 12 centimeters of dust on them, sitting in a warehouse for 3-1/2 decades LOL! Crazy.

Then I thought the best thing for them to do with at this point in time is turn those things into kamikaze drones (or like @Hydration or was it @Ghostkiller ? one of those fellas suggested) turn them into cruise missiles (same thing as kamikazes) and fill them with super large quantities of explosives. Then they'll have their own, land-based cruise missiles to accompany the Rafales' SCALPs.

With all the much more sophisticated drones they have in their inventory (and of course with satellites nowadays), UAVs flying recon missions will somewhat become obsolete.

Only states that don't have better options will need to continue using drones for recon, but not Egypt anymore (except maybe for simple and specifically required missions) and if the need does arise, they have many other options that would be much better and less prone for taking a beating and getting destroyed or even lost to the enemy.

These Scarabs have these strong, foam-like airbags, so to speak, LOL, that get deployed from the bottom of the fuselage to absorb the impact of when they land back down on the ground. Way too much of a headache compared to the wheeled and other drones of today.

View attachment 833758
They are still to be considered exceptional reconnaissance drones with their 2000 km range and their proven stealth..They are like the F-15s of drones..all the rest are F-16s..LOL

Does anybody have infos about the Belarusians drones (Burevestnik MB, Busel, Mishen, Yastreb). Those drones will help us to improve our UAV abilities

Those traitors
well Thebes-30 is based on yastereb but theres alot of differences spanning from the airframe more steep looking so lower rcs? the engine seems odd as well from the original yastereb

Does anybody have infos about the Belarusians drones (Burevestnik MB, Busel, Mishen, Yastreb). Those drones will help us to improve our UAV abilities

Those traitors

@The SC opened up a great thread about the cooperation with Belarus and he mentions the UAVs in the first opening post.

@The SC opened up a great thread about the cooperation with Belarus and he mentions the UAVs in the first opening post.

I read it multiple times hahahaha because it was so good. But i meant new infos about it.

well Thebes-30 is based on yastereb but theres alot of differences spanning from the airframe more steep looking so lower rcs? the engine seems odd as well from the original yastereb
Or maybe the Burevestnik MB drone. I think it will be a mix between Yastreb and Burevestnik MB.
none till this day i dont know what does sisi want from sirbea
Serbia we can benefit a lot from them like missiles ATGM weapons. Plus Egypt and Serbia signed military cooperation protocol.
Honestly I would prefer to have the ALAS missile mounted on our ST-100 variants. This missile is like Spike.
And Serbia needs a lot of cooperation to enhance their military capabilities. They have a lot of project but not well funded.

Back
Top Bottom