What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Wow, F-15 ad Su-35? We know that's not going to happen, right? People who keep thinking that are wishfully hoping for that without realizing the reality of the situation. If the EAF buys 1 Su-35, the US will never deliver a single F-15.

And Euro Typhoons also? lol. I thought they might go for that when the Italian offer was hot, but not anymore. It definitely doesn't make any sense with 54 Rafales eventually inducted.

As far as the F-15 vs Su-35, it's a difficult decision because of the pros and cons of both. The F-15 has better equipment and avionics and is a better aircraft all around. But the Su-35 is not that far behind and also comes with more freedom of weapon's choices. The only thing that would make it worth it is if Russia would supply the R-37 missile with it. Otherwise, it won't be able to compete with the new A to A missiles the west is coming out with.

Wow, F-15 ad Su-35? We know that's not going to happen, right? People who keep thinking that are wishfully hoping for that without realizing the reality of the situation. If the EAF buys 1 Su-35, the US will never deliver a single F-15.

And Euro Typhoons also? lol. I thought they might go for that when the Italian offer was hot, but not anymore. It definitely doesn't make any sense with 54 Rafales eventually inducted.

As far as the F-15 vs Su-35, it's a difficult decision because of the pros and cons of both. The F-15 has better equipment and avionics and is a better aircraft all around. But the Su-35 is not that far behind and also comes with more freedom of weapon's choices. The only thing that would make it worth it is if Russia would supply the R-37 missile with it. Otherwise, it won't be able to compete with the new A to A missiles the west is coming out with.
I believe Russia will provide it to Egypt, if the Aim-260 comes to Usrael ..Which we know it will..

R-37M
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/MAKS_Airshow_2013_%28Ramenskoye_Airport%2C_Russia%29_%28524-21%29.jpg

Operational
range
150–398 km
Maximum speedMach 5 – Mach 6 (6,100–7,400 km/h; 3,800–4,600 mph)

TBH.. I'd like to see both in the EAF.. :-)

Might be wishful thinking..but based on some realities..it is possible.. like the presence of both the F-16s Blk52 and the Mig-29M/M2 in the EAF..

1648670038162.png

1648670120635.png

Last edited:

And do you think that the Egyptian version is ex? It could be f15c, and in large numbers, it has only been updated

I believe Russia will provide it to Egypt.. if the Aim-260 comes to Usrael ..Which we know it will..

R-37M
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/33/MAKS_Airshow_2013_%28Ramenskoye_Airport%2C_Russia%29_%28524-21%29.jpg

Operational
range
150–398 km
Maximum speedMach 5 – Mach 6 (6,100–7,400 km/h; 3,800–4,600 mph)

ِanother deal would be signed for more mig 35 if the k-77m would be in the EAF as promised according to this vid.

I doubt if they got missiles like the R-37m K-77m or meteor would they ever reveal it? Whats the advantage of revealing it? Pride? They probably got the K-77m and the meteor is coming or already came in secret i dont beleive they would allow photos confirming it for israel to know about it. Beleive it or not this military isnt a media show like iran its quite the opposite

And the new AESA radar with 280 km range..
We need to know first if Russia can afford to mass produce the AESA radar. We should not speculate a lot about Russia because of the war that they are fighting and the economical santions.

We need to know first if Russia can afford to mass produce the AESA radar. We should not speculate a lot about Russia because of the war that they are fighting and the economical santions.
They can get the most needed tech easily from China.. and Russia does have a good base too..

https://beststartup.asia/15-top-russian-semiconductor-companies-and-startups/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_microprocessors

The first research on AESA radars began in the Soviet Union but the first operational radar appeared in “Japan” not the U.S or any other western counties.. For example, before 2012, there was no effective airborne AESA radar in Europe.
  • The air defense system S-400 Triumph uses AESA radars.. for example NNIIRT Nebo M System, which is composed of multiple Radars using L-band,S-Band ,X-Band and VHF, all of them are AESA. Also there is the 67N6E GAMMA DE AESA radar.
1648691368858.png

1648691511157.png

• Many Russian and Chinese Military pieces use AESA radars like Ships (mentioning China 'cause in many of their weaponry Russian scientists share in the development Process, so Russia for sure does not lack the research skills).
  • The FGA-29 / FGA-35 / FGA-21 / FGA-M ,all this new AESA Radar family with about 1000 T/R modules and some 5–6 Kw output is fine for medium and light combat Platforms, like the MIG-35 or advanced MIG-29M/M2.. they will give engagement ranges between 70–120 km which is again fine for medium size/light weight radar..
  • The latest versions of this Radar are GaN-based with advanced Processing systems and their Power has been increased, and the weight lowered to 105–130 kg.
From this :
1648690937630.png

To this:
1648691000509.png

The Designs of the FGA Family have been improved and there are many applications for different platforms.

There is this too:
1648691114493.png

The new large Russia AESA Radar for the SU-57 Fighter Program,With finalized working models and others in development.. The Russians didn’t invest heavily in AESA Radars due to cost vs operability..just like in many other military fields..

Last edited:
And do you think that the Egyptian version is ex? It could be f15c, and in large numbers, it has only been updated

That was what I hoped for when the news of the F-15s first came out. I said to Archer I hope they get at least 10 F-15Cs from the US stockpile they can update and refurbish since Boeing doesn't assemble the C model since McDonald Douglas ended the production of the C model in 1985. But that model is still considered one of the best dogfighting fighters in the world, which is why the Israelis are trying to order more from active US squadrons. I think if the EAF gets any F-15s, they will most likely be the new EX models, especially if they have to pay for them like many sources are suggesting.

ِanother deal would be signed for more mig 35 if the k-77m would be in the EAF as promised according to this vid.

That would be a very wise decision IMO. The MiG-35 for what it brings to the table (and equipped with the new Zhuk-AE AESA radar and not the doppler Zhuk ME in the MiG-29M/M2s already in the EAF 50 or so MiGs) would be a wise purchase.

I doubt if they got missiles like the R-37m K-77m or meteor would they ever reveal it? Whats the advantage of revealing it? Pride? They probably got the K-77m and the meteor is coming or already came in secret i dont beleive they would allow photos confirming it for israel to know about it. Beleive it or not this military isnt a media show like iran its quite the opposite

Indeed. We haven't even seen the R-27 which as you probably noticed from our discussion with SC that several sources list the missile is in EAF inventory.

That was what I hoped for when the news of the F-15s first came out. I said to Archer I hope they get at least 10 F-15Cs from the US stockpile they can update and refurbish since Boeing doesn't assemble the C model since McDonald Douglas ended the production of the C model in 1985. But that model is still considered one of the best dogfighting fighters in the world, which is why the Israelis are trying to order more from active US squadrons. I think if the EAF gets any F-15s, they will most likely be the new EX models, especially if they have to pay for them like many sources are suggesting.

That would be a very wise decision IMO. The MiG-35 for what it brings to the table (and equipped with the new Zhuk-AE AESA radar and not the doppler Zhuk ME in the MiG-29M/M2s already in the EAF 50 or so MiGs) would be a wise purchase.

Indeed. We haven't even seen the R-27 which as you probably noticed from our discussion with SC that several sources list the missile is in EAF inventory.
yes it is indeed a huge upgrade. And iam not very concerned about munitions iam sure they have it sorted. Iam more concerned about the private sectors incapability to share the economy its either that the investors themselves are incomptent and prefer to catch on some dollars and buy what they need from the outside and theyre not willing to make factories to produce these products themselves furniture and wood is a huge example of this. And the military"s competition outstandingly kills the competition, no competition no innovation no development this really makes the economy crumble although the positive growth it could be more if the military leans off a bit. This problem is caused by both the military and the egyptian investor mindset ofc the military has indeed leaned off a bit but the investors never changed, if we want to develop the local investors need to have a creative mindset like german and czech ones this is the only way the economy would develop and so would the military industry

yes it is indeed a huge upgrade. And iam not very concerned about munitions iam sure they have it sorted. Iam more concerned about the private sectors incapability to share the economy its either that the investors themselves are incomptent and prefer to catch on some dollars and buy what they need from the outside and theyre not willing to make factories to produce these products themselves furniture and wood is a huge example of this. And the military"s competition outstandingly kills the competition, no competition no innovation no development this really makes the economy crumble although the positive growth it could be more if the military leans off a bit. This problem is caused by both the military and the egyptian investor mindset ofc the military has indeed leaned off a bit but the investors never changed, if we want to develop the local investors need to have a creative mindset like german and czech ones this is the only way the economy would develop and so would the military industry

I can't say I disagree with a single point you made in that post.

Ooof, what a beauty. Despite the F-15 being a better fighter with an AESA radar, I still think they should deny it and stick with the Su-35S, just to complement the MiG-29s and hold on to that independent purchase ability. At the same time, they can have freedom of munitions also, but the drawback would probably be no AIM-120, and possibly some sanctions.

1648815428184.png

1648815453011.png

1648815492428.png

1648815526956.png

1648815558268.png

1648815584263.png

1648815662515.png

Ooof, what a beauty. Despite the F-15 being a better fighter with an AESA radar, I still think they should deny it and stick with the Su-35S, just to complement the MiG-29s and hold on to that independent purchase ability. At the same time, they can have freedom of munitions also, but the drawback would probably be no AIM-120, and possibly some sanctions.
Something that we can't withstand right now because of the crisis that we are living in Egypt (wheat crisis, inflation, no tourism etc...). Let's hope that our government will do the right choice.

Honestly what a progress we are doing in the Navy and the Air Force.

Honestly what a progress we are doing in the Navy and the Air Force.

And in such a short time frame. Basically 8 years the entire pair of branches were completely transformed from old to super modern as well as the training. Watching the way, they navigate those ships especially the Mistrals is impressive. Not to mention how they absorbed the Rafale jets and the MiG-29s with relative ease. Some here laugh that one of each crashed, but they don't realize how those two aircraft were completely new system the EAF pilots had to get used to. Heck everyone has crashes so and one of each is actually not bad all things considered.

There's also the expected delivery of the 4 MEKO frigates on order which 3 of them should be delivered next year IsA.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom