What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Blk 40 D detaching from KC-135 over northwest Delta during Bright Star.

1633455100335.png

6th of October Medal. created from a fallen plane of the enemy from the battle of October. ( Not 100% accurate translation)

View attachment 776713

BTW, on a funny note - today, October 5th 1973, Elton John released one of his greatest hits and one of the best songs of all time in the Yellow Brick Road, one day before the October War started on the 6th. And the chorus in that song starts out with "So goodbye, the yellow brick road". It made me think, he should've written "And goodbye, the barlev line" lmfao! 😁 :D 😁 :D 👍 😂:bounce:🇪🇬

Egypt was the customer for the Palma air defense CIWS system apparently for the Mistrals.

View attachment 780682

So are they actually installing that system at the moment? I believe @The SC posted an article claiming that was the case. If it's true, it's about @#$%!^*@!)(*@# time. I'm not familiar with the Palma, will have to look it up and see what it looks like.

I thought it was 2 first then 4 later

I was surprised by that count since that's quite the number of those, but you could be right.
I did check wiki real quickly and this is what was mentioned:

In May 2021, it was revealed that Egypt may purchase two A330 MRTTs as part of a Rafale fighter deal with France.[124]
Airbus A330 MRTT - Wikipedia

At this point I'm not sure if there even is a deal when they say "may purchase." @The SC , do you remember what was announced by any chance?

I was surprised by that count since that's quite the number of those, but you could be right.

In May 2021, it was revealed that Egypt may purchase two A330 MRTTs as part of a Rafale fighter deal with France.[124]

At this point I'm not sure if there even is a deal when they say "may purchase." @The SC , do you remember what was announced by any chance?
Anyone's guess at this point

Yes exactly what you just found on wiki.. nothing new..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom