What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

That is why there were more city road accidents.. miniskirts..lol

lol. The entire world fad of the seventies' style was very prominent in Egypt at the same time. Long hair, bellbottom pants, turtle neck sweatshirts and miniskirts with boots. The latter to a certain extent, of course, but it was there. There is film of those female traffic police if I can find it I'll post it. It's interesting how Egypt's society just became very conservative through the years.

Oh boy, I knew someone was going to bring up the millennium once egypt and brazil copied up. Before I really got involved or joined this forum, I was heavily thinking that Egypt should buy "dozens" of these planes due to their cost and smaller size, which means ease of transport and maintenance. Can be used for air refueling, or even more, transport of personnel (paratroops) since refueling will be done by airbus mrtt. I really believe egypt should def get some of these since they got alot going for them.

They already operate 24 C-295s. Along with the 21 C-130s and the two stretch IL-76s, they seem pretty stocked up for cargo & personnel aircraft it seems. But there is a heavy duty on the EAF's C-130 fleet as they operate a lot of missions all over the world and their performance record is excellent despite that one terrible accident a while back. Maybe if they ToT'd it and sold it to African and ME countries would be good? I'd like to see them get something like a dozen C-17 Globe Masters. That is one heck of an aircraft, but the idea unfortunately is to shift away from US supplies. Not sure why they never ended up purchasing the A400M. That would fit nicely for sure a take a lot of pressure off the C-130 fleet.

1633033795381.png

1633034667478.png

lol. The entire world fad of the seventies' style was very prominent in Egypt at the same time. Long hair, bellbottom pants, turtle neck sweatshirts and miniskirts with boots. The latter to a certain extent, of course, but it was there. There is film of those female traffic police if I can find it I'll post it. It's interesting how Egypt's society just became very conservative through the years.

They already operate 24 C-295s. Along with the 21 C-130s and the two stretch IL-76s, they seem pretty stocked up for cargo & personnel aircraft it seems. But there is a heavy duty on the EAF's C-130 fleet as they operate a lot of missions all over the world and their performance record is excellent despite that one terrible accident a while back. Maybe if they ToT'd it and sold it to African and ME countries would be good? I'd like to see them get something like a dozen C-17 Globe Masters. That is one heck of an aircraft, but the idea unfortunately is to shift away from US supplies. Not sure why they never ended up purchasing the A400M. That would fit nicely for sure a take a lot of pressure off the C-130 fleet.

View attachment 781148
View attachment 781151
I thought they had purchased a single a400

Yes..can you imagine that Afghanistan too was like that in the 70s ?! and Iran also..
Some just grow out of it..while some go extreme to the other side..

View attachment 781148
View attachment 781151
It goes with what the EAF and the army really need..

I thought they had purchased a single a400

There was this one pic that surfaced in 2017 or 18 that ended up being photoshopped. It was a hell of a photoshop because it had us all spinning our heads for a day or two lol. Even the sunlight reflecting off the fuselage roundel.

1633049044982.png

Yes..can you imagine that Afghanistan too was like that in the 70s ?! and Iran also..
Some just grow out of it..while some go extreme to the other side..

Indeed. Iran was an example of switching overnight from one end of the spectrum to the complete opposite.

It goes with what the EAF and the army really need..

C-17 would be outstanding. Maybe even replace half the C-130s with them would be something else.

C-17 would be outstanding. Maybe even replace half the C-130s with them would be something else.
Yes obviously.. but will it come with ToT.. I guess no.. Still a dozen of them will be very practical..

maxresdefault.jpg

The Brazilian KC-390 should also be considered and in good numbers if it comes with much TOT..

kc-390-rollout_58156.jpg

The French defence industry, buoyed by the diplomatic and military entente between Cairo and Paris, has been reconquering market share in Egypt since the start of the year. It is counting on finance from the United Arab Emirates.

The improving relations between Egypt and the French defence industry were confirmed in May with the sale of 30 Dassault Rafale fighter jets. Another sign of confidence came on 22 and 23 September when an anti-drone seminar was held in Cairo. It brought together the Egyptian Army's general staff, including the air defence corps and a panel of experts on electronic warfare (radar, drones, and air traffic control), and French companies handpicked by the Direction Générale de l'Armement (DGA), the French army's procurement agency, which coordinated the event.

Heavyweights and startups stand to attention

MBDA and Thales presented their catalogue, as did emerging players in the anti-drone sector, such as MC2 Technologies, CS Group, CILAS, Cerbair, Innov'ATM and Hologarde. The French embassy in Cairo sent members of its military team to provide support. Colonel Guirec Fauchon, the defence attaché, and Lieutenant-Colonel Marc Jacoud, his deputy for air force matters, were both there.

The French defence industry has since the start of the year been slowly but surely working its way back into Egypt's good books (AI, 18/06/21) after having fallen out with its leaders, especially in the naval domain (AI, 26/04/21). This is a consequence of a diplomatic realignment outlined at the end of 2020 by the two countries' respective presidents, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi and Emmanuel Macron.

Abu Dhabi billions

The Egyptian military high command told the French delegations present at the meeting that potential orders could be financed by the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi has a close relationship with France in terms of defence cooperation and the fight against terrorism, positions that were reiterated during Crown Prince Mohamed bin Zayed al-Nahyan's meeting with the French president in Fontainebleau on 15 September.

When Egypt bought its first batch of Rafale fighters in 2015, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait paid about $20bn to the Central Bank of Egypt, thus providing a guarantee for the loan granted by a dozen French institutions. The United Arab Emirates is also one of the leading investors in Egypt.

© Copyright Africa Intelligence.
Reproduction and dissemination prohibited (Intranet...) without written permission. - 109639078
FURTHER READING
EGYPT 18/06/2021
France's ECA Group goes on offensive with its mine detection drones
For want of sufficient funds, the Egyptian navy has turned down Naval Group's proposition for new minesweepers but it may fall back on a cheaper offer from ECA Group. [...]
FOCUS EGYPT 26/04/2021
Naval Group navigates its way through Egypt's military procurement labyrinth
After being prevented from competing for Egyptian arms contracts along with other French companies for the last two years, France's Naval Group is trying to get back into the Egyptian market. It is negotiating to sell Egypt a number of mine countermeasures vessels via a contract which will certainly involve offsets, which are the key to success on the Egyptian military equipment market. [...]
ON OUR OTHER SITES
INTELLIGENCE ONLINE 13/05/2021
Defence ministry's anti-drone project Parade will need big contractor firepower
With the anti-drone market currently growing at a fast rate, the French armed forces ministry's armaments department has launched a major programme called Parade. It does not offer much room, however, for smaller operators. [...]
Receive free prompts for these topics

EGYPT
Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi
Central Bank of Egypt
Cerbair
Cilas
CS Group
Dassault
Direction générale de l'armement
Egyptian Army
Emmanuel Macron
SEE ALL KEYWORDS
What is a notification?

An exclusive photo of the Egyptian frigate “Al Aziz” MEKO A200 after the integration of the ESA NS 100 radar system and the main gun..

FB_IMG_1633114842013.jpg

A strategy for building comprehensive power.. How do Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE move to meet the challenges of the world?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom