What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Then iraq and egypt are probably doing something right if they have been denied amraams...

Yes, this goes back to the October War, actually.

The good old days, US knows what we'd do with the AMRAAM.

That's what I'm telling Ramses (wow that sounded strange lmfao! Probably stranger if I said his whole name like I'm talking to a mummy ghost lololol), but Sa'ad Edin Al Shazly in his book said in his own words that he thought out of the entire air coalition, the Iraqi Hunters were the BEST performers, especially carrying out recon duties post cease fire. Several testaments to that from other sources as well. But when it comes from the Chief of Staff of the Egyptian military and who was responsible for setting up the crossing of the canal and much more, that holds its weight in gold!

There's a GREAT picture of a pair of Iraqi Hunters flying about 500 meters above the canal and right along it's path. I used to have it but lost it with my old computer and can't find it anymore. If anyone has that, please post it.

Anyway, even though the EAF performed sub-par during the early part of the war, but they spanked the Israelis silly over Mansoura in 1 hour on the 14th of October (which altered future operations for the israeli occupying air force as well as impact their further outlook of the EAF's capabilities post war and leading to this AMRAAM saga) as well as several winning engagement after that and towards the end of the war which is a huge part of Israel crapping its pants every time the EAF gets a new weapon and must keep the pressure on the US and anyone else they can get to against the supply of any AMRAAMs. Now that is fear! Hopefully those days are numbered.

Well jordan is the only one id consider close that uses amraams and wants to get stuff done, after all, those were the guys that started the arab revolt in ww1

And BTW, just to be clear, there was no dissing on my part towards Jordan on any level in that comment. I was just pointing out how the US sees things differently when I would've thought Jordan would also be on the list because of its proximity and the fact it hadn't made peace for nearly as long as Egypt, yet none of that stuff seems to matter to those jerks.

You're speaking of sheikh Saddam the warhero. Allah Azza wa Jal has punished us Iraqis for not appreciating this man, and I apologize to him.

HUGE reason why Egypt was in a conundrum when they ended up forced to be part of the coalition to free Kuwait and participated with the 3rd Mechanized Division, the 4th Armored Division (which Tantawi was leading now that I remember), and with 35K men between both divisions, were originally positioned center north of the entire, armored attacking lineup, making their movements critical so as not to delay the entire formations behind them. Yet they kept delaying their advance and pretending not to understand central commands and made themselves look very incompetent. Funny because it makes you wonder if the Americans figured it out, that they were never going to shoot or kill a single Iraqi tank, soldier or personnel as per instruction by Mubarak himself. That was a horrible position for Egypt to be in even though Iraq has done some nasty stuff in Kuwait, we were still in debt from 1973 and couldn't do any killing of any kind. They handled their purposeful failure perfectly lmfao and ended up being the first to enter Kuwait as the liberators LOLOL!

Even tho saddam did some horrid things, he should've stayed in power, Iraq was on its way to becoming a second arab leader, what if wgypt and Iraq collaborated with one another? Would've been something. now I feel bad for all the Iraqis that have to live through this

Saddam didn't do much wrong, a lot of lies and propaganda against him.

He should've wiped out Najaf in the 1991 uprising.

Saddam didn't do much wrong, a lot of lies and propaganda against him.

He should've wiped out Najaf in the 1991 uprising.
Its funny because I had a convo with one of my friends on Iraq under saddam hussein. Dude, the Iraqi army at that time was a MENACE of a fighting force, only the egyptian army was comparable to them, as a manner of fact, alot of egyptian soldiers and maybe some officers served along their Iraqi counterparts. Only wrong thing with the Iraqi military was its airforce, but the army was a juggernaut of the middle east, Iranians suffered 3 times the casualties the Iraqis did. I believe that hadn't hussein not had that much decision making power, Iraq would've been able to capture and annex khuzestan and the shat al arab waterway. Yes loyalty is important but competency is the name of the game in warfare. Gangsterism in high military positions is poison to an armed force, and believe me, us egyptians know this better than anyone else, six day war anyone??? One name that comes to mind is abdelhakim amr...ABSOLUTLY UNQUALIFIED FOR THE JOB. Hadn't it been someone else in power and war resources not being diverted to Yemen, egypt could've possibly won the battle in Gaza, or at least, expand the war to 6 months. She truly had everything going for her, but her radars where turned off because of some "rebels" fighting in the desert, bro...you don't turn off your ENTIRE air defence when the enemy is right there. This topic eats us up because the pro israelis (and honestly, some turk and persian nationalists) use this to feul the arab incompetence trainfest. Thank God for people like saad el shaazly. I could go deeper and be all ranty about it, but ill leave it here.

Can't do it. Can you tell us what the numbers are?
One ends in 9226.. meaning at least 17 SU-35S have been made so far for Egypt..the first was 9210

15 on this pic!

Last edited:
Iraq and Egypt are the only two countries to have been denied the AIM-120 out of all F-16 operators in the world, not just in the Arab world. And we're one of the 3 or 5 of the original users of that aircraft and the 4th largest operator of the platform. Even Jordan has them for theirs and they're closer to the heart of israel and made peace with that craphole way after and for much less time than Egypt has, yet...... I think the disdain is quite clear as to why the US politicians and representatives are not as respected in Egypt as far as military acquisitions are concerned.

One ends in 9226.. meaning 17 SU-35S have been made so far for Egypt..the first was 9210

15 on this pic!
This picture is old and there is number 9230 in the picture at the airport
The factory is still in production, and the last picture inside the factory was more than four fighters under manufacture, if the hidden client was the owner of the other 34 fighters, including Egypt and Algeria.

This picture is old and there is number 9230 in the picture at the airport
The factory is still in production, and the last picture inside the factory was more than four fighters under manufacture, if the hidden client was the owner of the other 34 fighters, including Egypt and Algeria.
Algeria did not contract the SU-35.. so it will be 64 for Egypt..

Opening new horizons for Egyptian-UAE cooperation through Al-Terras and Al-Otaiba talks

Lieutenant-General Abdel Moneim Al Terras, Chairman of the Arab Organization for Industrialization, discussed with Anas Al Otaiba, Executive Director of the Emirates Council for Defense Companies in Abu Dhabi, the promotion and activation of communication between Arab Industrialization units and companies, and major Emirati companies on issues of common interest.

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-28 at 9.15.07 AM (2)

https://www.aoi.org.eg/news/فتح_آفا..._الإمارات_من_خلال_مباحثات_"التراس"_و"العتيبة"

Congratulations to Egypt and the UAE.. I believe there will be a huge joint manufacturing,.

us egyptians know this better than anyone else, six day war anyone??? One name that comes to mind is abdelhakim amr...ABSOLUTLY UNQUALIFIED FOR THE JOB.
...the government recently named a school after him...
Only wrong thing with the Iraqi military was its airforce
Not much, but the only confirmed Egyptian contribution to the war against Iran was Egyptian Mirage Vs carrying out jamming or Airstrikes.
(The Iranians probably claimed kills against them but they weren’t confirmed).
335CC577-6366-4696-96BD-68E70028A344.jpeg

Two Egyptian Apaches at Mohamed Naguib Base.
@joker87 should we expect Egypt to reveal ST-700? Any idea of its specification?
There might also be a locally made Misr rifle...

...the government recently named a school after him...

Not much, but the only confirmed Egyptian contribution to the war against Iran was Egyptian Mirage Vs carrying out jamming or Airstrikes.
(The Iranians probably claimed kills against them but they weren’t confirmed).
View attachment 780695
Two Egyptian Apaches at Mohamed Naguib Base.
@joker87 should we expect Egypt to reveal ST-700? Any idea of its specification?
There might also be a locally made Misr rifle...
Such honor shouldn't be given to him, all those egyptian souls perished due to him, even nasser doesn't take the blame for this. Should've named it after Shaazly. As far is iran is concerned, I dont take their words as 100% what happened to that qaher 313 stealthcraft??? The karrar tank isn't even being mass-produced, also, it has Konctact 1 armor, kontact 5 at best, but I'm doubtful of that. But yea bro im here to stay

Speaking, your going to hear me fanboy alot about tanks and aircrafts, I love the dessault rafale for example,just wow. An elegant aircraft. Egypt should really put the sky camo it has on those mig 29s for their rafales too, would be excellent cloudcutters

egyptian_dassault_rafale_fighter_jets.jpg

dassault_rafale_f3r_standard.jpg

The French F3R that Egypt wants to upgrade to, Those meteors tho...

Egypt is determined to arm its fighters with the K-77M air to air missile that has a range of 200 km, a speed of Mach 5, a seeker with APAA technology, with 64 modules, and an extended no-escape area.

According to Defense-aerospace.com, even the Russian Ministry of Defense is cautiously looking at the K-77M because of its high cost, but the Egyptians have made it clear that they are ready to purchase a large batch of MiG-29M fighters, if they will be equipped with this ammunition.. This missile was said by Western military circles that its spread would be considered a game-changer

message-editor%2F1601915452295-screenshot2020-10-05at15.09.24.jpg

cubanace-simulations-dcs-5-16-2018-10-47-03-pm.jpg
Just get Yakhont from Russia along with SU 35 and leave your enemies deal with it.It will be real game changer

President El-Sisi discusses with the Vice President of Brazil strengthening military, security and trade cooperation and opportunities to benefit from investment opportunities available in Egypt.. "Mourao" affirms his country's understanding of the importance of the Nile River flow for Egyptian water and food security..

Lieutenant-General Mohamed Zaki, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Minister of Defense and Military Production, met with Lieutenant-General Hamilton Moroa, Vice President of the Republic of Brazil, and his accompanying delegation, who is currently visiting Egypt on an official visit lasting several day.. The meeting dealt with discussing a number of issues of common interest in light of the fields of military cooperation and the transfer and exchange of experiences between the armed forces of both countries.

Egypt needs a powerful MLRS (so far there is none)!
Maybe we will see the Brazilian Astros with a range of 300 km! ..With the ability to fire cruise missiles..
and local manufacturing..

maxresdefault.jpg

fg_2408404-jmr-105.jpg

Egypt in military industrialization does not talk much, but acts, and we will see a lot in the coming years.. A mighty and advanced defense industry and manufacturing..

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom