What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Thank you, @king Billib for selling these two super IL-76s to us.

34053_1608582675.jpg
Sell or aid?!

Egypt is putting too much focus on buying fighter jets. But not much focus on AWACS and Electronic Warfare planes. Plus Egypt needs to work on surface to surface and sea to land cruise missiles.

According to all available sources Egypt bought 24 Su-35's ( not 29), and 46 Mig29's,atleast 2 of them crashed reducing the 29's numbers in the inventory to 44 (not 48)

There was a Russian source by one of the Sukhoi engineers during a media session that had a large screen platform detailing all the orders and the only one for the Su-35S besides the ones for the VVS or RuAF was 30 aircraft for a "Middle East" country. I'll try to find it and post it for you and you can make up your own mind because the only ME country buying that aircraft is Egypt. So for now, we're taking that as face value as the source is about as credible as can be. I expect 30 Su-35SE to be in service with the EAF when this order is complete.

As far as the MiG-29/35 crashes, I'm leaning towards that since most sources claim that and hey, it's bound to happen with new, 2-engine aircraft and new pilots so it is what it is. Eventually they should add to that number but they're waiting for the MiG-35 to become complete especially the Zhuk-AE AESA radar as the price of those aircraft is reasonable compared to ones like the Rafale etc.

It's also hard to tell if one of the Rafales has also crashed or it was just a viscous rumor/joke that trended and went viral because although you'll never hear any official accident report come out of Egypt, France would've announced it immediately as Egypt would most certainly want to replace it, even with a used one just to maintain 2 complete squadrons.

Sell or aid?!

"Aid"? I don't think Jordan would just give those to us. I believe we paid for them, probably a very good deal. @Philip the Arab , do you know what the transaction was for those?

Last edited:
Egypt is putting too much focus on buying fighter jets. But not much focus on AWACS and Electronic Warfare planes.

That is what is called a Rapid Modernization and it's not just fighter jets, haven't you seen all the frigates and corvettes and submarines they've ordered? A large portion of the navy needed serious modernization so that is being done too. So far 3 FREMMs, 4 Corvetters, 4 Mekos one is being tested and the other ready for assembly and a new deal for more Italian FREMMs is right around the corner with 20 Falaj OPVs which are smaller corvettes designed mostly for patrolling.

35 years of doing nothing to any of the branches and flying MiG-21 MFs and F-7 Airguard and Mirage Vs is not going to protect you very well against the various threats in the region that could reach our borders as well as our very valuable sea assets that need very powerful protection.

I think what is shocking to everyone is the pace of this procurement. It seems like we're hearing of some huge mega deal every year or so and now suddenly out of nowhere, 30 Rafales have been agreed on. Plus the mention of the Typhoon in the Italian mega deal has a lot of people frazzled and dazzled about why so many different platforms. It's only 5 types. F-16, Rafale, Typhoon? and then the Russian MiG-29/35 and Su-35SE.

Plus Egypt needs to work on surface to surface and sea to land cruise missiles.

You know we have 8 E-2C Hawkeyes that have been integrated into an entire common system with the two new Russian radars et up to reach 1,100 kilometers and track at 600 with the an ability to notify the best and nearest platform to intercept, be it any of the Russian fighters or any of the western ones as well as being connected to the various SAM sites including the S-300V4 as well as the German IRST-S-L for specific use. SAMs are the last form of deterrence but with these new aircraft and an entire new Air Defense network built from the ground up including new buildings and new network systems, they don't need to upgrade the E-2Cs at the moment.

According to all available sources Egypt bought 24 Su-35's ( not 29),

Here it is, ma man. If you can enlarge it, you'll notice that in one box it says 22 and in the other it says 8. You have to really enlarge it and try to keep the resolution so you can see if it's an 8 or a 6. The other question is why did they separate them like that and I can only guess that the 8 are programmed to carry the Khibiny wingtip jamming pods and have a few other features different from the other 22 which supposedly have already been delivered to Egypt and hiding somewhere, lol.

1620237741371.png

Not sure this one has been posted before. You can really tell from this view that what they said about the new radome is true. It seems a bit more "bulbous" and a bit larger to allow the IRBIS-E more and better perfprmance.

1620238442726.png

"Aid"? I don't think Jordan would just give those to us. I believe we paid for them, probably a very good deal. @Philip the Arab , do you know what the transaction was for those?
It was likely at a significant discount, the airframes have a lot of life left and Jordan didn't need them anymore.

- Yes this is the ..TALIOS (Targeting Long-Range Identification Optronic System) targeting and laser designator pod..

Thanks, bro. Funny at first I thought it was a new model but it looks like it works pretty good.

I just saw the new Northrop Grumman LITENING COLORED pod is rather impressive.

I bet you some pilots might prefer the black & white screening as you can distinguish some important detail better that way than in full color. I say that because I hear a lot of photographers prefer the detail that shows up in B&W pics than in colors and I'm sure the same would apply to pilots in this case. But this is terrific, no question.

Egypt is putting too much focus on buying fighter jets. But not much focus on AWACS and Electronic Warfare planes. Plus Egypt needs to work on surface to surface and sea to land cruise missiles.

C2bCUb-UQAAYjTb.jpg small.jpg

On the contrary, Egypt is one of the countries most interested in electronic warfare systems

Egypt has already doubled its fleet
EC-130H Compass Call from 2 to 4 aircraft

And it is working on developing them continuously

https://enterprise.press/stories/20...raft-with-electronic-intelligence-capability/

Egypt will equip at least one of its Lockheed Martin C-130 Hercules transport aircraft with an electronic intelligence (ELINT) capability, it was disclosed in early January.
According to a notification posted on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) website, the US Air Force (USAF)
has contracted Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) to deliver
the capability. No further details were revealed.
The Egyptian Air Force (EAF) currently fields 22 C-130H and
Three C-130H-30 Hercules aircraft, any of which could be adapted to the ELINT role either through the fitting of integrated mission equipment or with a roll-on / roll-off (RO / RO) mission compartment. SNC had not responded to an
IHS Jane's request for further information at the time of writing, but the company's website lists the C-130 as one of the platforms that can be modified by its Integrated Airborne Systems division.
This latest contract announcement is not the first time that Egypt's C-130s have been linked to a proposed ELINT
upgrade. In July 2003 the US Defense Security Co-operation
Agency (DSCA) notified Congress of a possible Foreign Military Sales retrofit of two EAF C-130Hs with RO / RO ELINT systems. That proposed deal was to be implemented by an industry team comprising Lockheed Martin, the Mission Research Corporation (subsequently absorbed into Orbital ATK), and Plano Microwave (which became part of SNC).
While there was never any official confirmation that this effort was ever implemented, it has been reported that aircraft **** SU-BAB was one of a pair of C-130Hs to receive the ELINT modifications to bring it up to the same standard as the US Air Force's (USAF's) EC-130H Compass Call. However, images of that aircraft show it to be devoid of many of the apertures and fairings fitted to the Compass Call, and as neither the Compass Call (offensive counter-
information and electronic attack) nor the USAF's newer EC-130J Commando Solo (military information support
operations) deal in ELINT (the USAF's ELINT platform being
the Boeing RC-135 Rivet Joint), these Egyptian ELINT upgrades will almost certainly feature different systems to those fitted to the USAF's EC-130H Compass Call and EC-130J Commando Solo platforms.

56985543_568482800326735_4724212714178609152_n.jpg

Egypt owns 3 CESSNA-680 CITATION SOVEREIGN ELINT / ISR aircraft
Egypt added 2 more Beechcraft 1900 aircraft, bringing the total to 8 Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance ISRs.

20645307_1243076319138168_7903958346160719105_o.png

Egypt has added a number of CH-5 aircraft, part of the 18 aircraft it has contracted to serve as ELINT / ISR aircraft.

CH-5-Drone-Maritime-Version222.jpeg

Also part of the fleet of 76 WING LONG 2B aircraft is also working on ELINT / ISR missions

Egypt is developing its fleet continuously, as well as the strikes of the Wattiyeh air base, the paralysis of the Turkish electronic warfare crisis and the Hawk batteries in Libya. It was only because of the superiority in the field of electronic warfare. Are you under the illusion that Egypt buys aircraft like the Rafale and the Sukhoi 35 without investing in electronic warfare systems

Concerning early warning planes, Egypt has already negotiated with Russia over the planes, Russia A-100 AEW, and there is a problem on the Russian side. The aircraft are not yet ready to contract. The Chinese have not done anything good for the Egyptians to accept.

Egypt refuses to contract with America on the E2-D plane because Egypt no longer accepts any US arms restrictions under the pretext of protecting Israel.
So we completely ignore the American armament for 10 years

I get it know, bro. Thanks for the correction on that wrong assumption on my part, HOWEVER....if the source on the SCALPs I posted is true and Egypt now possesses over 100 of them, that is most certainly a HUGE game changer even with just 24 Rafales. The range we know is 300km or under and so it is a major land attack cruise missile that France has used extensively along with coalition attacks with the US using Tomahawks and so they are potent and watching your video of the explosion, it's massive.

That said, it would seem they shouldn't have a problem allowing the MICA NG Naval Cruise Missile to be imported to Egypt despite it being an offensive weapon and a potent one for land attack munitions which is another item strongly opposed to supply to Egypt. That really was the reason the US pulled that block stunt on the SCALPs and not really because of US parts. I think that was just an excuse because they just don't want Egypt to have such potent OFFENSIVE capabilities and only encourage defensive ones.

But good for the French for making good on their promise and contract and fix the situation rather quickly/ So if that article is true and there are more than 100 aviation SCALPs in Egypt, do you really think they will approve the sale of the naval MICA NG cruise missile to Egypt on top of all the SCALPs? It will be interesting to see, I'm just a pessimist when it comes to strong, offensive weapons to be sold to Egypt and the resistance from powerful entities that usually easily squash the deal. Hopefully France holds its head high and says "if we contracted the naval MICA NG to Egypt, then we will export it to them so matter what.) I see that, then I'll reverse my slight negative stand and do nothing but praise the French. :-)
Bro..we are talking about the MdCN "Naval scalp" cruise missile.. not the naval Mica NG anti air missile that was already contracted by the EN..

mdcn-image04.jpg

Last edited:
Africa Intelligence: Egypt wants to cooperate extensively with the French company Naval Group and assemble or manufacture French weapons from the company and export them abroad.

Hay guys! Its been quiet a while since i last posted hear. I have been reading your posts and i can see you have been making alot of interesting points about the new Rafale sale by Egypt.

I understood that, bro. :-)
The best part is that it can be integrated on the Scorpene Submarine..
When it comes to Ballistic Missiles and Cruise Missiles made in Egypt.. it is usually a state secret..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom