What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

If Egypt received Su-35s it would be known to other governments. And would be known to many people in the circles of the Navy and the Air Force hence revealed to public too.

Yep, the entire world including those small Martians running around the red planet that we haven't seen yet know we've already bought them and their intel services (if it's interesting news to them) already know exactly how many have been delivered and how many are still to come. So the secrecy is somewhat a bit useless if that is indeed what the EAF is doing and it's not some standard protocol where new aircraft are not exposed until they have full confidence in the pilots to fly them safely which was already done in Russia. So they know how to do it or they just don't want to flaunt them into the US' face and get Biden on a roll again lol.

A lot of times as you mentioned it would ne known to a lot of personnel in other branches, sometimes the first pics we get to see are from outside sources who just happen to be there and take a quick snap shot or video and post it. I remember that with one of the aircraft I forget which one it was but all the Su-35S pics during testing are a prime example of that.

If Egypt received Su-35s it would be known to other governments. And would be known to many people in the circles of the Navy and the Air Force hence revealed to public too.

Archer, King Billip and The SC, ishta ya gama3a 3ala el kharoof da LOL!

1619910449992.png

Check out that weapon's load. So according to a really great and very knowledgeable Egyptian member on one of one of the Russian forums said that Mahmood Gamal unfortunately made a mistake when he said that the EAF MiG-29M/35s carry the R-77-1 or the RVV-SD (actual classified name) which is the relatively newer version with a range of 110km matching the AIM-120 to a certain extent and the ones so far that we have seen on the Egyptian MiGs are the RVV-AE which has a range of about 80km. Only one way to notice the difference besides the RVV-SD is a bit fatter and longer for fuel and range which is impossible to tell unless both types are side by side.

On the regular RVV-AD version, the rocket end is just straight with those lattice fins while on the longer range RVV-SD version, the end has a slight taper. He showed me the detailed differences of how you can tell and they are very difficult, but he is 100% correct. The ones so far that we have been seeing on the Egyptian MiGs are the RVV-AE which has a range of about 80km. On the RVV-AD version, the end is just straight while on the loner ranges RVV-SD version, the end has a slight tapered.

I was a little bummed out when I read his post and actually frustrated because the RVV-SD is totally available for export. Not sure if it was a radar range issue that limited the weapon and even India's huge stock of MiG-29Ks and their Su-30MKI have the shorter range RVV-AD. ( @Lord Of Gondor please correct me if I'm wrong about India's stock as a took a look at a bunch of pics and see the same straight end.) It also made me a little upset as to why the EAF settled for the shorter version missile when the other was available? Too expensive and don't really need them at peace time? I don't buy that theory because wars start quickly and then what do you do, send a request for the longer version? I cannot figure that out at all.

This was the post he replied to me about the difference on the tapered end and how you can tell.

Nope , the one on the Egyptian Mig is R-77 / RVV-AE variant .

You can know that from the rear of the missile :

This is the Egyptian one ,you can see the upside parts design on the rear on both sides of the electric steering parts.

Egyptian Air Force (EAF) - Page 12 Screen32

It's the same R-77 / RVV-AE variant which shown in MAKS-2007 as below

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize
Egyptian Air Force (EAF) - Page 12 Screen33

But now the below one is R-77-1 / RVV-SD missile which was shown in MAKS-2011 .

Egyptian Air Force (EAF) - Page 12 Screen34

Clearly a visible taper, right? Too bad, ey? If you enlarge that top pic of the Su-35S at the top of the post and take a close look at the R-77s it is carrying, the taper of the longer ranged RVV-SD is clear as day and I expect the new EAF Su-35S will be using that missile and not the older and shorter version (even though the Russians have updated the RVV-AD missile with better seekers and faster mid-course reception as well as the propellent. Still, they must be the much more capable ones.

What do you guys think of this rather bumming revelation? If we're getting all geared up hoping for weapons like the R-37, if the EAF is not even getting the RVV-SD, then they certainly won't get the AWACS killer R-37. It's a bit discouraging.

Here's a pic of a Russian crew loading the RVV-SD on to an Su-30 or 35 and you can clearly see the tapered end.

1619911836078.png

@Gomig-21
I don't know why the Russians aren't developing a Meteor like missile. Their vast experience in Ramjet technology should make it quite easy.

@Gomig-21
I don't know why the Russians aren't developing a Meteor like missile. Their vast experience in Ramjet technology should make it quite easy.

Honestly, Phillip, it's so difficult for me to keep up with all the weapons they're producing and on top of that what is and what isn't available for export. I think when we all heard the news that they ordered 24 Su-35s, we automatically started looking at what are the big, heavy and powerful weapons that thing can carry and we just assumed that the older R-77 has long been replaced by the newer longer range so that made us somewhat happy until I just probably ruined everyone's mood with my last post lol. But I believe our immediate focus was on the R-37 which is basically a hypersonic missile that is almost impossible to jam and is really created to kill AWACs aircraft at long distances.

Everyone knows that once an enemy coming at you has their AWACs accompanying them, that means they're relying heavily on that aircraft to find your and track and target and defeat you. Once the enemy loses their AWACs, the air battle becomes old school once BVR fails to end it and it becomes a test between who's the better trained pilot who/s also in a better aircraft.

Then we found out that it can be used just like any BVRAAM and so the situation seemed to be settled. BUT, if you read the capabilities of the Meteor missile and how it really works, it is so impressive. It conserves fuel so it has a longer flight time. It's 2-way data link provides ultimate midcourse adjustments and its advanced seeker find the best spot on the target to detonate. It almost has AI. Its development was something else.

As far as the Russians countering it, @The SC would probably know better than me TBH because the only thing that comes to my mind is the R-37. But I don't believe it is as advanced as the Meteor TBH.

@Gomig-21
  • R-77 (izdeliye 170) – Standard model.
  • RVV-AE (izdeliye 190) – Export model of the R-77. The missile has a maximum range of 80 kilometres (50 mi) with 22.5 kg warhead.[2]
  • R-77-1 (izdeliye 170-1) – Russian-built variant with a streamlined nose, 9B-1248 (Izdeliye-50-1) active radar seeker head, and new fins.
  • RVV-SD – Export model of the R-77-1. The missile has a maximum range of 110 kilometres (68 mi) with 22.5 kg warhead.[4]
  • R-77P / RVV-PE – Passive homing model.[22]
  • R-77T / RVV-TE – Infrared homing model.[23]
  • R-77-SRKShip-to-air variant.
  • R-77-ZRK / RVV-AE-ZRK – RVV-ZRK Surface-to-air variant.
  • R-77-PD / RVV-AE-PD – Ramjet model.
  • R-77-PD ZRK / RVV-AE-ZRK – RVV-(PD-)ZRK Surface-to-air variant.
  • K-77M (izdeliye 180) – Version under development for the Sukhoi Su-57 with AESA seeker,[8] conventional fins, and two-pulse motor.
  • K-77ME (izdeliye 180-BD) – Ramjet model of the K-77M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-77

800px-RVV_mods.svg.png

Also:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ential-new-capabilities-for-flanker-and-felon

Last edited:
Archer, King Billip and The SC, ishta ya gama3a 3ala el kharoof da LOL!

View attachment 739301

Check out that weapon's load. So according to a really great and very knowledgeable Egyptian member on one of one of the Russian forums said that Mahmood Gamal unfortunately made a mistake when he said that the EAF MiG-29M/35s carry the R-77-1 or the RVV-SD (actual classified name) which is the relatively newer version with a range of 110km matching the AIM-120 to a certain extent and the ones so far that we have seen on the Egyptian MiGs are the RVV-AE which has a range of about 80km. Only one way to notice the difference besides the RVV-SD is a bit fatter and longer for fuel and range which is impossible to tell unless both types are side by side.

On the regular RVV-AD version, the rocket end is just straight with those lattice fins while on the longer range RVV-SD version, the end has a slight taper. He showed me the detailed differences of how you can tell and they are very difficult, but he is 100% correct. The ones so far that we have been seeing on the Egyptian MiGs are the RVV-AE which has a range of about 80km. On the RVV-AD version, the end is just straight while on the loner ranges RVV-SD version, the end has a slight tapered.

I was a little bummed out when I read his post and actually frustrated because the RVV-SD is totally available for export. Not sure if it was a radar range issue that limited the weapon and even India's huge stock of MiG-29Ks and their Su-30MKI have the shorter range RVV-AD. ( @Lord Of Gondor please correct me if I'm wrong about India's stock as a took a look at a bunch of pics and see the same straight end.) It also made me a little upset as to why the EAF settled for the shorter version missile when the other was available? Too expensive and don't really need them at peace time? I don't buy that theory because wars start quickly and then what do you do, send a request for the longer version? I cannot figure that out at all.

This was the post he replied to me about the difference on the tapered end and how you can tell.

Nope , the one on the Egyptian Mig is R-77 / RVV-AE variant .

You can know that from the rear of the missile :

This is the Egyptian one ,you can see the upside parts design on the rear on both sides of the electric steering parts.

Egyptian Air Force (EAF) - Page 12 Screen32

It's the same R-77 / RVV-AE variant which shown in MAKS-2007 as below

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize
Egyptian Air Force (EAF) - Page 12 Screen33

But now the below one is R-77-1 / RVV-SD missile which was shown in MAKS-2011 .

Egyptian Air Force (EAF) - Page 12 Screen34

Clearly a visible taper, right? Too bad, ey? If you enlarge that top pic of the Su-35S at the top of the post and take a close look at the R-77s it is carrying, the taper of the longer ranged RVV-SD is clear as day and I expect the new EAF Su-35S will be using that missile and not the older and shorter version (even though the Russians have updated the RVV-AD missile with better seekers and faster mid-course reception as well as the propellent. Still, they must be the much more capable ones.

What do you guys think of this rather bumming revelation? If we're getting all geared up hoping for weapons like the R-37, if the EAF is not even getting the RVV-SD, then they certainly won't get the AWACS killer R-37. It's a bit discouraging.

Here's a pic of a Russian crew loading the RVV-SD on to an Su-30 or 35 and you can clearly see the tapered end.

View attachment 739305
The R-77-1 missile (also known under the export name RVV-SD)

The only reason for the RVV-AE presence in the EAF might be a very low price.. as getting it from previous Russian missiles reserves .. But the RVV-SD is definitely there too..

Last edited:

India got the R-77 when even RuFAF was using R-27 versions.The MiG-21 BISON upgrade from the late 90s introduced the weapon and India purchased the weapon from the Ukraine.
RuFAF started using the R-77 just a few years ago.

I doubt EAF is using the RVV-AE as it is not even (mass-)made in Russia(last I remember).

• R-77 (izdeliye 170) – Standard model.
  • RVV-AE (izdeliye 190) – Export model of the R-77. The missile has a maximum range of 80 kilometres (50 mi) with 22.5 kg warhead.[2]
  • R-77-1 (izdeliye 170-1) – Russian-built variant with a streamlined nose, 9B-1248 (Izdeliye-50-1) active radar seeker head, and new fins.
  • RVV-SD – Export model of the R-77-1. The missile has a maximum range of 110 kilometres (68 mi) with 22.5 kg warhead.[4]
  • R-77P / RVV-PE – Passive homing model.[22]
  • R-77T / RVV-TE – Infrared homing model.[23]
  • R-77-SRKShip-to-air variant.
  • R-77-ZRK / RVV-AE-ZRK – RVV-ZRK Surface-to-air variant.
  • R-77-PD / RVV-AE-PD – Ramjet model.
  • R-77-PD ZRK / RVV-AE-ZRK – RVV-(PD-)ZRK Surface-to-air variant.
  • K-77M (izdeliye 180) – Version under development for the Sukhoi Su-57 with AESA seeker,[8] conventional fins, and two-pulse motor.
  • K-77ME (izdeliye 180-BD) – Ramjet model of the K-77M.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-77

800px-RVV_mods.svg.png

Also:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...ential-new-capabilities-for-flanker-and-felon

What a confusing mess! My brother LOL! I think a couple of those are strictly produced for the Su-57 as expressed and many some might have ranges that violate ITAR regulations BUT, the important factor that we need to consider is will the EAF at some point show us it has possession of the RVV-AE. That, to me, is the most important thing for now along with the French providing the Meteors they promised under the Rafale contract and that they upgrade all the EAF Rafale avionics to RF4 or whatever needs to be done to fire those blasted missile. Something tells me they will be blocked without a doubt. So without giving them a single penny for even a Scorpene, tell them the Meteors are a priority along with the contractual option for 12. La Merde.

And to the Russians, enough of all these blasted variants will ya!? There really is no need to produce 5 different versions of the same missile even if they have different capabilities. Just make the RVV-AE as potent as a medium/long range missile and keep evolving it with better seekers etc.

The R-77-1 missile (also known under the export name RVV-SD)

The only reason for the RVV-AE presence in the EAF might be a very low price.. as getting it from previous Russian missiles reserves .. But the RVV-SD is definitely there too..
India got the R-77 when even RuFAF was using R-27 versions.The MiG-21 BISON upgrade from the late 90s introduced the weapon and India purchased the weapon from the Ukraine.
RuFAF started using the R-77 just a few years ago.

I doubt EAF is using the RVV-AE as it is not even (mass-)made in Russia(last I remember).

Thanks for basically proving my point that we all petty much have the lower level medium range RVV-AE (I called it the AS or something because all those variants and NATO designations are just too dam confusing!!!!) And as much as I'm usually 99,9999% in agreement with @The SC , I don't believe the RVV-AE is in Egypt just yet for the simple reason you mentioned. Even though they claim they're available for export, but they said the same thing about the Su-57 and it's no where near that stage yet.

BTW, when I fist saw this pic, I wondered if it was a EAF Su-35SE but wasn't sure since the camo is somewhat close to the Russian one only a little different pattern but darker colors and that convinced me it was. What think of that angle?

1620002159500.png

BTW, they redesigned the radomes on these to accommodate the monstrous IRBIS-E radar. And with the AESA L-band leading edge wingtip radars as well as the IRST, the pilot has so many choices to lower he radar signature and if flying ones with the Kibiny jamming wingtip pods, these huge aircraft are actually going to be very difficult to spot, track and attack. No wonder the EAF fell in love with them and didn't worry one bit about the consequences of ordering them.

Last edited:
Photo taken by a French Rafale pilot during a formation flight exercise. Interesting to see the mix of Russian built and French built fighters flying together. Must not be an communication issue.

The other thing that kida ticked me off a little bit is why they didn't get the HMDS with their Rafales? We know Qatar bought the Israeli helmets but that's not the only one available that they must settle on. Too bad with the boresight of the MICA ER that would be much more effective with an HMDS, but that's just a guess on my part.
1620002889164.png

Curious new additions within the broader perimeter of Abu Zabal 91. For example, this site featuring bermed high-bay buildings which was built between 2014 and 2016.

Where did Egypt plan to build its Condors? The CIA names the Abu Zaabal Company for Specialized Chemicals/Abu Zabal Factory 91 as Egypt’s solid propellant production site. And behold, there is a site displaying all the features of a solid-propellant site near the town of Abu Zabal

Somewhat surprisingly, satellite imagery indicates the site is still active with the facility itself having been modestly expanded over the last two decades.

Condor-II_6a.jpg

Condor-II_5.jpg

Condor-II_4.jpg

It can be a satellite launcher too.. maybe that is why Egypt is asking France to make some satellites in the new July 3 base..This means the Egyptian BM has a range of at least 1500km..

Egypt refurbished its missile engine test stands in early 2020. In the Jabal Hamza test site, Egypt's liquid propellant missile program, and what (little) we know about its current status.

Last edited:
Egypt refurbished its missile engine test stands in early 2020. In the Jabal Hamza test site, Egypt's liquid propellant missile program, and what (little) we know about its current status.
Yeeeaaa One of my dreams is coming true

170017584_129610135802885_7871142315982523080_n.jpg

Preparations begin for a legendary ceremony to open the "Octagon", the largest headquarters of the Ministry of Defense in the world

Octagon, the American magazine The Drive, said about him: (He appears from space as a base for alien creatures)!

The Octagon was designed to resemble the ancient temples of Thebes, with their huge columns and towering walls, and was distinguished by the manifestations of luxury and urban extravagance for which the ancient Egyptian style was famous.

The largest seat of the oldest armies in the world requires a legendary party befitting it and the Egyptian army and modern Egypt, which is reintroducing itself to the world.

The opening ceremony of the octagon in which the Egyptian army will display its excessive strength as if to say: Here we are .. “The Egyptians” .. We were here and will remain here until God inherits the earth and what is on it .. Without Egypt and its army, the East will not raise its head, we are the jewel in its crown and the cornerstone of its stability. Without us,

A majestic military party, which will be attended by military leaders from all over the world, friends, allies and brothers, and those who chose to be hostile to us will bite their fingertips out of sorrow and remorse, He was disappointed and lost everyone who stood against the Egyptian state and showed his hostility to it and wagered on humiliating it and thought that he was able to break its thorn.

Pharaohs do not know the defeat path, ask history Who are the Egyptians?
The makers of the greatest civilization known to mankind, the masters of the earth, the destroyers of the myth of the Hyksos, the Mongols, the Tatars and the Zionists, those armies that sang myths and described themselves as invincible. The Egyptian army obtained a death certificate for them.

The celebration will be in the ancient Egyptian style. On the tones of military music, we will present to the world the songs of war to our King Ramses II, and after that the Egyptian army will begin to display its weapons, starting from the war wheels used by its predecessors to the latest weapons in the world that Egypt recently possessed..

https://www.facebook.com/1066215947...mony-to-open-the-octagon-the/129610722469493/

Last edited:
170017584_129610135802885_7871142315982523080_n.jpg

Preparations begin for a legendary ceremony to open the "Octagon", the largest headquarters of the Ministry of Defense in the world

Octagon, the American magazine The Drive, said about him: (He appears from space as a base for alien creatures)!

The Octagon was designed to resemble the ancient temples of Thebes, with their huge columns and towering walls, and was distinguished by the manifestations of luxury and urban extravagance for which the ancient Egyptian style was famous.

The largest seat of the oldest armies in the world requires a legendary party befitting it and the Egyptian army and modern Egypt, which is reintroducing itself to the world.

The opening ceremony of the octagon in which the Egyptian army will display its excessive strength as if to say: Here we are .. “The Egyptians” .. We were here and will remain here until God inherits the earth and what is on it .. Without Egypt and its army, the East will not raise its head, we are the jewel in its crown and the cornerstone of its stability. Without us,

A majestic military party, which will be attended by military leaders from all over the world, friends, allies and brothers, and those who chose to be hostile to us will bite their fingertips out of sorrow and remorse, He was disappointed and lost everyone who stood against the Egyptian state and showed his hostility to it and wagered on humiliating it and thought that he was able to break its thorn.

Pharaohs do not know the defeat path, ask history Who are the Egyptians?
The makers of the greatest civilization known to mankind, the masters of the earth, the destroyers of the myth of the Hyksos, the Mongols, the Tatars and the Zionists, those armies that sang myths and described themselves as invincible. The Egyptian army obtained a death certificate for them.

The celebration will be in the ancient Egyptian style. On the tones of military music, we will present to the world the songs of war to our King Ramses II, and after that the Egyptian army will begin to display its weapons, starting from the war wheels used by its predecessors to the latest weapons in the world that Egypt recently possessed..

https://www.facebook.com/1066215947...mony-to-open-the-octagon-the/129610722469493/
Majestic but I prefer underground facilities it's a huge target in war

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom