What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Al-Sisi is right when he says the Egyptian Armed Forces are very strong..
Here is the order of battle:

Air forces

article_5cadb1ef874074_58539979.png

The Egyptian Air Force has the following:

- 218 F-16 fighters, including 20 Block 52 fighters
- 24 Rafale fighter, the jewel in the crown of the Egyptian Air Force
- 44 MiG-29 M2 / Advanced MiG-35 fighter
- 26 Su-35 fighters, the first batch will be received at the end of this year.
- 18 Mirage 2000 fighters
- 84 Mirage, 5 of them are 24 fighters developed to the standard Horus, and Egypt began to take them out of service and sell them to other countries such as Pakistan.
- 110 ke8 aircraft for advanced training, ground bombardment and support, and Egypt introduced air interception capabilities to them.
- 22 Arc Angel aircraft, including 10 Block 2 and 12 Block 1 gifts from the United Arab Emirates. They are now being developed to the Block 2 standard in the United States.
- 43 Apache helicopters, to be developed in the Longbow soon.
- 50 Kamov Helicopters “Alligator”
- 32 Italian helicopters AW 149 & 189
- 25 Marohel Mil Mi-24 upgraded to Mil 35 standard
- 11 upgraded Sea Sprite anti-submarine helicopters.
- Hundreds of Gazelle helicopters, Mile 8 and 17
- 9 i-Hawk reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft
- 2 AWACS C-130 electronic warfare aircraft
- 22 Hercules cargo aircraft, in addition to 2 Super Hercules, which were contracted.
- 2 giant Ilyushin Il76 cargo plane
- 24 Casa C295 aircraft
- 13 Antonov aircraft
- 9 Canadian Buffalo Aircraft
- 4 Beach Kravit jets
- A large number of armed drones of the type of ch4 & ch5, And a huge number of reconnaissance and surveillance drones.

Egypt has a total of 1180 aircraft, in addition to negotiations on 26 Typhoon fighters and more Rafale fighters as well as more Mig-35s, SU-35s and Kamov K helicopters..

Navy

https://i.redd.it/dqchs7kz50k51.jpg

- 2 Mistral helicopter carriers
- 8 submarines, 4 Type209 and 4 upgraded Romeo Class ..and unknown numbers of midget submarines
- 3 multi-role Fremm frigates, 1 French fremm specialized in anti-submarine combat, and 2 Italian multi-purpose fremm frigates specialized in air defense
- 4 German Miko A200 multi-role frigates
- 4 American Perry-class frigates, with a very modern upgrade
- 1 South Korean frigate Pohang
- 2 American Knox frigates
- 4 Gowind 2500 Corvettes
- 2 Chinese Jianghu Corvettes with a displacement of 1,900 tons.
- 2 Spanish Corvettes Descubierta
- 1 Russian missile craft Molniya
- 5 tiger-class missile boats
- 4 missile boats of the Ambassador stealth missiles with a displacement of 550 tons.
- 4 missile boats of the October class, with a displacement of 82 tons
- 6 missile boats of Ramadan class missiles with a displacement of 312 tons
- 5 missile boats of Chinese Type 148 , with a displacement of 265 tons.
- 8 Osa missile boats
- 4 Shangoi Gun boats
- 18 landing crafts
- 8 Hinan anti-submarine vessels
- 9 minesweepers
-3 Dhat Al Sawari mine hunters
- 2 Osprey mine hunters
- 3 Pluto Plus UUV mine hunters
- 4 Tuima mine layers
- 24 ships for transport, shipping, supplies and ammunition
- 2 Survey ships
- 5 training vessels

The Egyptian Navy will witness additional deals, most notably 4 Bergamini fremm frigates, a large number of coastal patrol boats with ToT..and more French Gowind corvettes.

Total naval assets are more than 314 pieces.. not talking about almost 200 patrol boats and patrol crafts..

Ground forces

الجيش المصري من أقوى جيوش الكرة الأرضية

- The number of soldiers in the Egyptian army is 500 thousand in service, one million reserves, and 17 million are able to serve in the military
- 4,800 tanks, including 1,500 M1A1 Abrams tanks
- 500 T90 tanks will be delivered this year
- 21 thousand multiple armored vehicles
- 1560 rocket launchers
- 4000 cannons of various calibers and types
- 4 spy and communication satellites

Air Defense

S-300-missile-system-sistema-missilistico-antey.jpg

The Egyptian army has the most powerful air defense in the Middle East, as it consists of a very complex network and the most important systems it operates: the S-300 VM, Buk M2, Tor M, Hawk, Avenger, Skyguard Amon, and the German system Iris-Tslm medium range With 7 batteries, all types of Sam systems, the Egyptian system, Tair Al Sabah and Sinai 23, in addition to having a very strong coastal defense, especially after the Bastion-P system joined the French Exocet system, the Italian automat system, the Russian kelt and the HY-1 and HY-2 Chinese and Egyptian Silkworm in addition to the coastal guns.

Ballistic Missiles

family_big.jpg

Condor-II_7big.jpg

Egypt has the largest and oldest ballistic missile project in the Middle East, the most powerful of what has been publicized is the 2000 km Badr missile, and Egypt has a very active program and has strong cooperation with China, and previously with North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Argentina and Iraq.

Al-Sisi is right when he says the Egyptian Armed Forces are very strong..
Here is the order of battle:

Air forces

article_5cadb1ef874074_58539979.png

The Egyptian Air Force has the following:

- 218 F-16 fighters, including 20 Block 52 fighters
- 24 Rafale fighter, the jewel in the crown of the Egyptian Air Force
- 44 MiG-29 M2 / Advanced MiG-35 fighter
- 26 Su-35 fighters, the first batch will be received at the end of this year.
- 18 Mirage 2000 fighters
- 84 Mirage, 5 of them are 24 fighters developed to the standard Horus, and Egypt began to take them out of service and sell them to other countries such as Pakistan.
- 110 ke8 aircraft for advanced training, ground bombardment and support, and Egypt introduced air interception capabilities to them.
- 22 Arc Angel aircraft, including 10 Block 2 and 12 Block 1 gifts from the United Arab Emirates. They are now being developed to the Block 2 standard in the United States.
- 43 Apache helicopters, to be developed in the Longbow soon.
- 50 Kamov Helicopters “Alligator”
- 32 Italian helicopters AW 149 & 189
- 25 Marohel Mil Mi-24 upgraded to Mil 35 standard
- 11 upgraded Sea Sprite anti-submarine helicopters.
- Hundreds of Gazelle helicopters, Mile 8 and 17
- 9 i-Hawk reconnaissance and surveillance aircraft
- 2 AWACS C-130 electronic warfare aircraft
- 22 Hercules cargo aircraft, in addition to 2 Super Hercules, which were contracted.
- 2 giant Ilyushin Il76 cargo plane
- 24 Casa C295 aircraft
- 13 Antonov aircraft
- 9 Canadian Buffalo Aircraft
- 4 Beach Kravit jets
- A large number of armed drones of the type of ch4 & ch5, And a huge number of reconnaissance and surveillance drones.

Egypt has a total of 1180 aircraft, in addition to negotiations on 26 Typhoon fighters and more Rafale fighters as well as more Mig-35s, SU-35s and Kamov K helicopters..

Navy

https://i.redd.it/dqchs7kz50k51.jpg

- 2 Mistral helicopter carriers
- 8 submarines, 4 Type209 and 4 upgraded Romeo Class ..and unknown numbers of midget submarines
- 3 multi-role Fremm frigates, 1 French fremm specialized in anti-submarine combat, and 2 Italian multi-purpose fremm frigates specialized in air defense
- 4 German Miko A200 multi-role frigates
- 4 American Perry-class frigates, with a very modern upgrade
- 1 South Korean frigate Pohang
- 2 American Knox frigates
- 4 Gowind 2500 Corvettes
- 2 Chinese Jianghu Corvettes with a displacement of 1,900 tons.
- 2 Spanish Corvettes Descubierta
- 1 Russian missile craft Molniya
- 5 tiger-class missile boats
- 4 missile boats of the Ambassador stealth missiles with a displacement of 550 tons.
- 4 missile boats of the October class, with a displacement of 82 tons
- 6 missile boats of Ramadan class missiles with a displacement of 312 tons
- 5 missile boats of Chinese Type 148 , with a displacement of 265 tons.
- 8 Osa missile boats
- 4 Shangoi Gun boats
- 18 landing crafts
- 8 Hinan anti-submarine vessels
- 9 minesweepers
-3 Dhat Al Sawari mine hunters
- 2 Osprey mine hunters
- 3 Pluto Plus UUV mine hunters
- 4 Tuima mine layers
- 24 ships for transport, shipping, supplies and ammunition
- 2 Survey ships
- 5 training vessels

The Egyptian Navy will witness additional deals, most notably 4 Bergamini fremm frigates, a large number of coastal patrol boats with ToT..and more French Gowind corvettes.

Total naval assets are more than 314 pieces.. not talking about almost 200 patrol boats and patrol crafts..

Ground forces

الجيش المصري من أقوى جيوش الكرة الأرضية

- The number of soldiers in the Egyptian army is 500 thousand in service, one million reserves, and 17 million are able to serve in the military
- 4,800 tanks, including 1,500 M1A1 Abrams tanks
- 500 T90 tanks will be delivered this year
- 21 thousand multiple armored vehicles
- 1560 rocket launchers
- 4000 cannons of various calibers and types
- 4 spy and communication satellites

Air Defense

S-300-missile-system-sistema-missilistico-antey.jpg

The Egyptian army has the most powerful air defense in the Middle East, as it consists of a very complex network and the most important systems it operates: the S-300 VM, Buk M2, Tor M, Hawk, Avenger, Skyguard Amon, and the German system Iris-Tslm medium range With 7 batteries, all types of Sam systems, the Egyptian system, Tair Al Sabah and Sinai 23, in addition to having a very strong coastal defense, especially after the Bastion-P system joined the French Exocet system, the Italian automat system, the Russian kelt and the HY-1 and HY-2 Chinese and Egyptian Silkworm in addition to the coastal guns.

Ballistic Missiles

family_big.jpg

Condor-II_7big.jpg

Egypt has the largest and oldest ballistic missile project in the Middle East, the most powerful of what has been publicized is the 2000 km Badr missile, and Egypt has a very active program and has strong cooperation with China, and previously with North Korea, Pakistan, Russia, Argentina and Iraq.

Walahi el 3azeem MashaAllah ya SC bro. That is a magnificent list and no joke to put together, unless you copied it off of someone who did all the hard work and you just had to make a few corrections LOL. But seriously, I would correct a few items but they're no big deal.

1) I believe there are already 10 Su-30ES delivered and in Egypt so far and the complete order is 30 aircraft not between 24-26 according to the official release made by sukhoi and the Russian MoD. So that's even better news. They're probably saying 24 just to keep the number down because of ITAR or whatever, but you can bet the CIA in collaboration with those jackasses Mosad have figured it out lol.

2) 218 F-16 I sure hope that is the official number since along with accidents and attrition and simply the A models getting so super old and retiring, I believe that number is a little under 200 like around 197 but I could be wrong.

3) 44 MiG-2M/35 is correct since the original order was 46 and they did lose 2 of them in takeoff accidents where pilots survived but there was a major mechanical failure that the Russians from MiG sent a special envoy of technicians to check out what happened while they were all grounded until they found the problem with the software and corrected it and back in the air they went. Now Russia is hopefully reimbursing those 2 lost MIGs.

4) I think all the Mirage Vs are put away with the exception of the 2000. Also the count of the 2000 is probably not at 18 and I think is closer to 15 TBH. If France had anything to do with selling out Vs to Pakistan, then that's another blemish on France to add on top of the Rafale deal. What the heck is wrong with those French, man?

5) Love the Arch Angels BTW and what a COIN aircraft that is and hope the see the EAF take advantage of that propeller driven aircraft a lot more than they have but just stay away from the range of MANPDs and RPGs lol.

6) Other than that, looking really good my brother keep up the great work!

For the navy, air defense and ground forces I think you are spot & on the money, my friend. I don't see anything out of the ordinary and can only hope the MEKOs get here fast enough as well as the Typhoons TBH because I've simply given up on the Rafale and the Dassault can kiss our *** on both cheeks because we don't wait any more until they finally decide to make their minds up. Those days are LOOOOOOONG GONE!!! The Typhoon is an exceptionally sound aircraft and pair it with all the Rafale squadrons and you have a lethal combination that might get the French to think twice about taking their time with us, ESPECIALLY after they offered the option for 12 more and they never honored it. That works against them and if I was the EAF and saw no deal in sight, I would make a HUGE stink about that option for 12 and how they didn't honor it so other potential buyers cab be aware of the shady business then do. They should AT LEAST honor that deal and they cab be spunky about any other additional deal, I have no problem with that. But to be a bitch about an offer THEY offered is BAD BUSINESS and that is why they haven't been able to do anything with exporting the Rafale until Egypt actually bought it. Now they're kicking us to the curb which I'm sure isn't sitting well with Sisi especially when Macron brings up human rights violations. I hope Sisis showed him a chicken egg and told him to sit on it and rotate! lol

I'll take 24 0r 30 or let them surprise us with 50 Typhoons tranch 4 any day to plug with the 24 Rafales which would fall into 2nd place and then start working on offering a couple billion $ to get in on the Su-57 production line with specific Egyptian requirements. That would be quite something.

I'll tell you what, I've been following the Su-57 development on the Russian forum and let me tell you something, that thing is closer to a 6th gen aircraft than a 5. I know people will laugh but that's ok, you will all see very soon.

Last edited:
The common version of the R-77 everyone has but now that the R-77-1 is cleared for export, we should expect nothing short of that ion all the MiGs and Sukhois instead of the shorter range R-77 like this one on an EAF MiG-21/M/35.

Oh BTW, how about integrating this bad Larry on our f16s? Even if it doesn't work which I doubt since it's fairly easy to do especially with Russian help, that will wake up the Americans and get them immediately supplying the AIM-120.

1616074568169.png

Last edited:
Genuinely curious, why would Egypt acquire Typhoons if they already have rafale in service ?

Honestly, and I --along with @The SC might be on the same page as this and the reason some of us -- if not many many Egyptian are rooting for the Typhoon -- is that Dassault are being a little bit dickish about supplying us with more Rafales which we can clearly pay for them as you can see, since the Rafales, we've bought 46 MiG-35s (ok MiG-29M/M2) and Su-3u35SE and 50 Ka-52 Kamov attack helicopter and S 300VM and much more but for some reason, they keep sighting the inability to pay for them hahaha. So we say screw you we're going somewhere else and and the rest is history. THEN THE GREAT ITSALIANS offered us not only 24 Typhoon with meteors and IRIS missiles but all sorts of logistical help and the EAF though about it and we said what the hell, they are so similar to the Rafale that pairing them with them would create havoc. So I don't think there is any other squadron out there that has very similar aircraft with flying decoys and euro canards that can be integrated not only maintenance-wise but flight wise. I bet a Rafale pilot could easily jump into a Typhoon and fly it like he hasn't missed a beat all this because the French are playing dirty secrets, Not sure why they're doing that since we were the FIRST customers of the Rafale and you would think they would be a little more grateful and at least honor the 12 additional option they promised us but they can't even do that and we haven't missed a single payment. Go figure that one out, bro. It's enough to boil the blood!!!

I hope that answers your question bro. Instead of 23 Rafales, we;ll have 50 euro-canards that are just as effective as the other.

Looking good. Hopefully these will be delivered despite American CAATSA threat.

You know, screw the US. If they impose CAATSA on the US, it will hurt the poor people more so than any one else and if that's what Biden wants to do, then he'll reap what he sows, trust me. What the F are we supposed to do?!?!?!?! But F-15s without AAMRAMs just to make them and Israel happy as a bunch of pigs rolling in mud? I say screw then both and I live in the US and it has been nothing but great to me but when it messes with my country of origin just for the Jews next door, they can take a long stretched hike!

Someone on the Russian forum when I presented the R-37M as an alternative, he said that they would probably downgrade it's mileage to 260 just to keep it under 300 and not trigger ITAR and then he said I hope they never parade those Su-35SUEs around with R-37Ms hanging off the pylons and I got so irritated that I said to him "MAN, screw ITAR ShITAR and I hope that not only do they fly all 30 Su30SEs loaded with R-37Ms but also fire them at drone targets at 600km away over the Red Sea and even the Mediterranean too just to stick it to whomever idiots are making these rules. I mean, if we can't have the decent AIM-120C7 and they have the balls to tell us we can't have anything Russian either, then it's time for a MAJOR diplomatic riff like kick them out of the country because this is getting ridiculous. Getting fed up with this CAATSA CRAP, Chen.

LOL! Look at these behemoths of a a pair of ships my God if it doesn't get any more intimating than that, good luck to you and then accompanied by 6 Eurofighter Typhoons for additional airpace monitoring, We need more of those Berghamini FREMMs instead of the French one that was stripped to no end. Might as well sink it and make a new coral reef out of it but it's too expensive to do that at this point.
the German system Iris-Tslm medium range With 7 batteries

That's the kicker against our neighbor's F-35. I know people don't believe that but we'll see. Time will tell but hopefully we'll get other clues beside shooting then down to prove our point. If you think of all the systems in the EADS that they can employ, why all of a sudden go way out of the way to acquire the German IRIS-T-SL? Ey? Because of its attributed against stealthy targets to put it mildly. We could never understand what their reason was especially after purchasing the S-300VM and then getting 7 batteries of this until you read the intricacies on this system and then you go AAAHhhhhhhhh, that's why! lol

Last edited:
Walahi el 3azeem MashaAllah ya SC bro. That is a magnificent list and no joke to put together, unless you copied it off of someone who did all the hard work and you just had to make a few corrections LOL. But seriously, I would correct a few items but they're no big deal.

1) I believe there are already 10 Su-30ES delivered and in Egypt so far and the complete order is 30 aircraft not between 24-26 according to the official release made by sukhoi and the Russian MoD. So that's even better news. They're probably saying 24 just to keep the number down because of ITAR or whatever, but you can bet the CIA in collaboration with those jackasses Mosad have figured it out lol.

2) 218 F-16 I sure hope that is the official number since along with accidents and attrition and simply the A models getting so super old and retiring, I believe that number is a little under 200 like around 197 but I could be wrong.

3) 44 MiG-2M/35 is correct since the original order was 46 and they did lose 2 of them in takeoff accidents where pilots survived but there was a major mechanical failure that the Russians from MiG sent a special envoy of technicians to check out what happened while they were all grounded until they found the problem with the software and corrected it and back in the air they went. Now Russia is hopefully reimbursing those 2 lost MIGs.

4) I think all the Mirage Vs are put away with the exception of the 2000. Also the count of the 2000 is probably not at 18 and I think is closer to 15 TBH. If France had anything to do with selling out Vs to Pakistan, then that's another blemish on France to add on top of the Rafale deal. What the heck is wrong with those French, man?

5) Love the Arch Angels BTW and what a COIN aircraft that is and hope the see the EAF take advantage of that propeller driven aircraft a lot more than they have but just stay away from the range of MANPDs and RPGs lol.

6) Other than that, looking really good my brother keep up the great work!

For the navy, air defense and ground forces I think you are spot & on the money, my friend. I don't see anything out of the ordinary and can only hope the MEKOs get here fast enough as well as the Typhoons TBH because I've simply given up on the Rafale and the Dassault can kiss our *** on both cheeks because we don't wait any more until they finally decide to make their minds up. Those days are LOOOOOOONG GONE!!! The Typhoon is an exceptionally sound aircraft and pair it with all the Rafale squadrons and you have a lethal combination that might get the French to think twice about taking their time with us, ESPECIALLY after they offered the option for 12 more and they never honored it. That works against them and if I was the EAF and saw no deal in sight, I would make a HUGE stink about that option for 12 and how they didn't honor it so other potential buyers cab be aware of the shady business then do. They should AT LEAST honor that deal and they cab be spunky about any other additional deal, I have no problem with that. But to be a bitch about an offer THEY offered is BAD BUSINESS and that is why they haven't been able to do anything with exporting the Rafale until Egypt actually bought it. Now they're kicking us to the curb which I'm sure isn't sitting well with Sisi especially when Macron brings up human rights violations. I hope Sisis showed him a chicken egg and told him to sit on it and rotate! lol

I'll take 24 0r 30 or let them surprise us with 50 Typhoons tranch 4 any day to plug with the 24 Rafales which would fall into 2nd place and then start working on offering a couple billion $ to get in on the Su-57 production line with specific Egyptian requirements. That would be quite something.

I'll tell you what, I've been following the Su-57 development on the Russian forum and let me tell you something, that thing is closer to a 6th gen aircraft than a 5. I know people will laugh but that's ok, you will all see very soon.
Small correction brother..it is the SU-35 not 30..

The 30 new SU-35s need a lot of training for pilots and ground crews as well since it is a new platform for the EAF..It will be shown only when it is totally mastered and verified..The Mig-35 was much easier to master and still 2 were lost for mechanical reasons.. But The SU-35 is one of the heaviest fighters out there if not the biggest and heaviest!
The SU-X were always more difficult to fly even long time ago.. but very efficient once you can master them..

The Mig-35s were 50 as we discussed before..So 48 now and the 2 lost have most likely been replaced..

The navy part I completed most of it.. since it was very incomplete..

BTW heard that the new Rafale deal is linked to a demand by Egypt for 300 Scalp missiles and 300 Meteor as well as 500 Mica..and small diameter bombs in very big numbers..It all sounds logical to me to build an impressive inventory for the future..since The French or not..Egypt can count only on itself in case of conflict..

Last edited:
Great post @The SC !

I just see that the Navy will need some long range Maritime Patrol Aircraft, a fleet of 3 fast Bizjets which can carry lots of fuel and fly a lot, having a good surveillance radar would be a good add.

Considering Egypt's vital location and her ability to virtually dominate a strategic choke point, it makes a lot of sense.

Great post @The SC !

I just see that the Navy will need some long range Maritime Patrol Aircraft, a fleet of 3 fast Bizjets which can carry lots of fuel and fly a lot, having a good surveillance radar would be a good add.

Considering Egypt's vital location and her ability to virtually dominate a strategic choke point, it makes a lot of sense.
Yes true..and more modern submarines too..I bet all these systems you've mentioned are in the pipeline ..and much more..

Possibility of an additional deal consisting of two newer class submarines Type 214 with the German side ..

Type 214
220px-Key_Resolve_-_Foal_Eagle_2008.jpg

Type 214 has an increased diving depth of more than 400m due to improvements in the pressure hull materials. Hull length is 65m and displacement is 1,700t. Four of the eight torpedo tubes are capable of firing missiles.

Performance of the AIP system was increased with two Siemens PEM fuel cells, which produce 120kW per module and give the submarine an underwater endurance of two weeks. A hull shape, which was further optimised for hydrodynamic and stealth characteristics, and a low-noise propeller combine to decrease the submarine’s acoustic signature.

The integrated sensor underwater system ISUS 90 from ATLAS Elektronik integrates all sensors, command and control functions on board the submarine. BAE Systems provides the link 11 tactical data link. The sensor suite of the U214 submarine consists of the sonar systems, an attack periscope and an optronic mast. The submarine’s electronic support measures system and global positioning system sensors are also installed on the optronic mast.

Last edited:
Possibility of an additional deal consisting of two newer class submarines Type 214 with the German side ..

Type 214
220px-Key_Resolve_-_Foal_Eagle_2008.jpg

Type 214 has an increased diving depth of more than 400m due to improvements in the pressure hull materials. Hull length is 65m and displacement is 1,700t. Four of the eight torpedo tubes are capable of firing missiles.

Performance of the AIP system was increased with two Siemens PEM fuel cells, which produce 120kW per module and give the submarine an underwater endurance of two weeks. A hull shape, which was further optimised for hydrodynamic and stealth characteristics, and a low-noise propeller combine to decrease the submarine’s acoustic signature.

The integrated sensor underwater system ISUS 90 from ATLAS Elektronik integrates all sensors, command and control functions on board the submarine. BAE Systems provides the link 11 tactical data link. The sensor suite of the U214 submarine consists of the sonar systems, an attack periscope and an optronic mast. The submarine’s electronic support measures system and global positioning system sensors are also installed on the optronic mast.

Walahi i wa just goign to post thst yt ys ksslekou beat ne op it ya sheKJH.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom