What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Today is the 51s anniversary of the Egyptian Special Operation in 1970 to damage the Israeli oil rig in Abidjan, off the coast of Cote D'Ivoire . The rig was intended to be operated in Sinai! This goes to prove more and more about my theory that they were planning on keeping the Sinai for as long as they could, maybe even annex it should that opportunity arise. Good thing that was quickly erased out of their minds in October of 1973 and shortly thereafter.

Back to this oil rig.

At the time, Abidjan was full of not only Mossad agents protecting the oil rig, but also with CIA agents who were guarding the NASA astronauts during their visit to Côte D'Ivoire.

Also Israel was precariously protecting the rig by operating it through 4 countries.

The main operating companies were from US and the UK, while the rig itself was rented from Canada, and the pulling ship from the Netherlands .

Egyptian intelligence spotted the rig for first time in Port-Alfred, Canada! Then they kept tabs on it in Ponta Delgada -Portugal, then in Dakar, Senegal, and then eventually in Abidjan on the coast of Le Cote D'Ivoire where it was attacked by the Egyptian frogmen who planted sets of explosives, had them detonated and severely and effectively damaged the oil rig. All this surveillance and planning and attacking in the night and underwater went without a single hitch and especially without being discovered one bit.

Back in 1970, there wasn't a lot of reconnaissance options available to Egypt, especially for long distance to Canada all the way to Africa. So Egyptian Intelligence had used multiple agents on the ground and on water to trace and locate the rig through oceans transits, some of them were foreigners, one of them was a Canadian female journalist, and the others were two members of the Irish Republican Army and a restaurant owner in Portugal .

Some Egyptian agents transferred the explosives from Egypt through European airports by private planes all the way to cote D'Ivoire.

After blowing up the rig in several vital areas and damaging it quite extensively, they couldn't fix it without paying so much that it exceeded the cost of renting it, so the Canadian company cancelled the contract with Israel and the rig was sold as a scrap. Mission successfully accomplished.

MORE IMPORTANTLY is the Israelis were denied steeling Egyptian oil from Sinai in their illegal attempted theft of it! That, along with the great intelligence and quiet work behind the scenes while never being discovered and of course, the successful Special Ops mission that rendered the rig a complete waste of a heaping pile of steaming dung! lol. You see, you only hear of the failed stuff that makes the news etc. But you never really hear about these many successful special ops missions the Egyptian Armed Forced successfully pulled off, and better that way.

The route of the rig's travel until it met its demise at the hands of Egyptian Special Operations Frogmen.

1615258537572.png

1615258569177.png

Last edited:
Today is the 51s anniversary of the Egyptian Special Operation in 1970 to damage the Israeli oil rig in Abidjan, off the coast of Cote D'Ivoire . The rig was intended to be operated in Sinai! This goes to prove more and more about my theory that they were planning on keeping the Sinai for as long as they could, maybe even annex it should that opportunity arise. Good thing that was quickly erased out of their minds in October of 1973 and shortly thereafter.

Back to this oil rig.

At the time, Abidjan was full of not only Mossad agents protecting the oil rig, but also with CIA agents who were guarding the NASA astronauts during their visit to Côte D'Ivoire.

Also Israel was precariously protecting the rig by operating it through 4 countries.

The main operating companies were from US and the UK, while the rig itself was rented from Canada, and the pulling ship from the Netherlands .

Egyptian intelligence spotted the rig for first time in Port-Alfred, Canada! Then they kept tabs on it in Ponta Delgada -Portugal, then in Dakar, Senegal, and then eventually in Abidjan on the coast of Le Cote D'Ivoire where it was attacked by the Egyptian frogmen who planted sets of explosives, had them detonated and severely and effectively damaged the oil rig. All this surveillance and planning and attacking in the night and underwater went without a single hitch and especially without being discovered one bit.

Back in 1970, there wasn't a lot of reconnaissance options available to Egypt, especially for long distance to Canada all the way to Africa. So Egyptian Intelligence had used multiple agents on the ground and on water to trace and locate the rig through oceans transits, some of them were foreigners, one of them was a Canadian female journalist, and the others were two members of the Irish Republican Army and a restaurant owner in Portugal .

Some Egyptian agents transferred the explosives from Egypt through European airports by private planes all the way to cote D'Ivoire.

After blowing up the rig in several vital areas and damaging it quite extensively, they couldn't fix it without paying so much that it exceeded the cost of renting it, so the Canadian company cancelled the contract with Israel and the rig was sold as a scrap. Mission successfully accomplished.

MORE IMPORTANTLY is the Israelis were denied steeling Egyptian oil from Sinai in their illegal attempted theft of it! That, along with the great intelligence and quiet work behind the scenes while never being discovered and of course, the successful Special Ops mission that rendered the rig a complete waste of a heaping pile of steaming dung! lol. You see, you only hear of the failed stuff that makes the news etc. But you never really hear about these many successful special ops missions the Egyptian Armed Forced successfully pulled off, and better that way.

The route of the rig's travel until it met its demise at the hands of Egyptian Special Operations Frogmen.

View attachment 723081
View attachment 723082

Amzing operation ,what about the myth of Mossad and the invincible army :sarcastic:

@Gomig-21

I found this video of the leader of the operation "Mohamed Nassim " who took explosives through Rome and Paris airports .

He heared the explosions when he was in the hotel 5 or 7 km away .

@Gomig-21

I found this video of the leader of the operation "Mohamed Nassim " who took explosives through Rome and Paris airports .

He heared the explosions when he was in the hotel 5 or 7 km away .

Outstanding! Thank you for looking that up and posting it. That way it becomes more factual as some people probably doubt that ever happened and think a lot of these incredible success stories are made up propaganda. As a matter of fact, this was kept quiet for decades! lol.

BTW, I know those fellas from 73 Historians from before they started that whole group and were doing extensive research. They wanted to debunk the infamous "crazy Egyptian Pilot" who pulled off the Split-S at 3000 feet of something like that and the History Channel had Giora Epstein claiming he ended up shooting him down. That's what started that whole thing with those fellas. Now they've put together an excellent group of stories from all the events that happened, including this one, apparently. Great find!

Outstanding! Thank you for looking that up and posting it. That way it becomes more factual as some people probably doubt that ever happened and think a lot of these incredible success stories are made up propaganda. As a matter of fact, this was kept quiet for decades! lol.

BTW, I know those fellas from 73 Historians from before they started that whole group and were doing extensive research. They wanted to debunk the infamous "crazy Egyptian Pilot" who pulled off the Split-S at 3000 feet of something like that and the History Channel had Giora Epstein claiming he ended up shooting him down. That's what started that whole thing with those fellas. Now they've put together an excellent group of stories from all the events that happened, including this one, apparently. Great find!

Because the US think tanks spread only the Israeli stories .

Here i found also a quote from a book written by Amin Howeidi , director of general intelligence from 1967 to 1970.

He confirmed the Canadian company cancelled the contract with Israel after the operation .

screenshot.594.jpg

From IDEX 2021Egyptian pavilion

New thermal optic for vehicle?
Screenshot_20210311-003227_Brave.jpg

Rws previously discussed
Screenshot_20210311-003217_Brave.jpg

Thermal weapon sight
Screenshot_20210311-003208_Brave.jpg

A lor of new systems behind him i think thermals.
Screenshot_20210311-013515_Brave.jpg

Seems new RWS is undergoing tests

Screenshot_20210311-020034_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
Egyptian female police officers are becoming much more popular in the women's police academy. There are quite a few serving with the United Nations peace keeping forces in central Africa and other places. Soon we might see an introduction of females in the armed forces. They can certainly play a huge role in the non-operational sector of the military as an introduction.

View attachment 722061

View attachment 722063

View attachment 722062

View attachment 722064

View attachment 722065

View attachment 722066

View attachment 722067

View attachment 722068

Egyptian female peacekeeper in Bukavu, D.R. Congo.

View attachment 722069

I don't understand all this UN peacekeeping going on

I don't understand all this UN peacekeeping going on

My father spent his entire career with the United Nations, he was a financial administrator in charge of weeding out corruption in certain countries that they would assign him to. This type of UN peacekeeping forces is part of a different component of the UN which is in charge of areas that have a lot of tribal warring parties and a peace agreement or a cease fire has been established and they're assigned with maintaining that peace. They're areas that don't necessarily have a large police or army and need all the help they can get. They also make sure that a lot of the aid the UN is supplying goes to the proper individuals who deserve them and not get stolen and sold in the black market etc.

Al Fateh Gowind and the French carrier Charles De Gaulle make a pass during the French and Egyptian naval exercise in the Red Sea last week.

1615416045191.png

More from the Charles De Gaulle cutting through the Suez Canal and I believe headed north towards the Mediterranean after finishing the exercise with the Egyptian Navy. Navy Rafales with those beefed up landing gears. I believe the ship belongs to the Belgian navy.

1615511561083.png

1615511606078.png

1615511624613.png

D69 thermal for vehicles from the Egyptian company Arab international optronica, I'm not sure what it is going to do but from the the videos I suspect it is going into a tank destroyer version on a BMP or Sinai-2000 chassis.

These images suck I had to take a picture of a video inside a video.

Showing the thermal imager and what looks to be a RK-3 Corsar ATGM
20210312_163609.jpg

20210312_163548.jpg

It is on this chassis, I think it is on the BMP or Sinai-200
20210312_163524.jpg

20210312_165933.jpg

The D69 on top of the vehicle in some type of enclosure
20210312_163459.jpg

It is also being tested by the Egyptian armed forces.
20210312_164233.jpg

Line of different size thermal sights for weapons and the D69 on the farthest right.
20210312_172419.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait for EDEX to get the brochures of all the systems i'm seeing that I don't recognize from last EDEX. I hope we get some great coverage so I can post it here.

That's a good thing that you don't recognize some of the stuff. Being that you're on top of all these new developments like no one else I know and you're seeing things you don't recognize can only mean that they're on a roll producing all sorts of new stuff. That's only a good thing.

The Egyptian set up at IDEX this year was rather modest and mostly participatory it seems.

1615666931612.png

1615666947150.png

1615666963349.png

1615666990921.png

That's a good thing that you don't recognize some of the stuff. Being that you're on top of all these new developments like no one else I know and you're seeing things you don't recognize can only mean that they're on a roll producing all sorts of new stuff. That's only a good thing.

The Egyptian set up at IDEX this year was rather modest and mostly participatory it seems.

View attachment 724301

View attachment 724302

View attachment 724303

View attachment 724304
Yeah, there is a lot to be wanted at EDEX 2021 and I think we'll see some interesting stuff after all it would have been 3 years since EDEX in 2018.

Egyptian company Arab International Optronics produces both the RWS and thermal sight for driver for the new Temsah-4 vehicle.
Screenshot_20210313-171751_YouTube.jpg

This is the same driver thermal that was new at IDEX in February.

20210313_172537.jpg

Imagery from vehicle thermal system

20210313_173330.jpg

This is good and allows Egypt to offer a full package and eliminating the need to import very important systems that would cost a lot more.

Good stuff, ya Billip! That thermal imagery unit looks pretty good. Man they've been producing a lot of different stuff. Hopefully it's all a prelude to items that will end up in an indigenously built UCAV or something along those lines. Would love to see them move into that line of local production.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom