What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

An exercise was carried out in the South.
F8B059D8-3106-4CAA-AEA8-A24D56E92E8E.jpeg

didnt know about Egyptian Perry upgrade, who upgraded? what is the scope? when?
thx.

didnt know about Egyptian Perry upgrade, who upgraded? what is the scope? when?
thx.

Just the new Smart-S Mk2 Naval Radar upgrade by Thales which IIRC happened about a year and a half ago. They probably refit the ship too because it is looking very sharp and probably did a whole new paint job and replaced old and rusty materials etc. But the only upgrade I'm aware of is the radar by Thales which yes, we know, buys the TR modules for the receivers and transmitters from Aselsan of Turkey.

The "Arab Sword" exercise

The activities of the joint training (Saif Al Arab), which is being carried out in the Arab Republic of Egypt, began yesterday, Tuesday, with the participation of various formations and units of the Jordanian Armed Forces - the Arab Army, with the joint forces of Egypt, Bahrain, the Emirates, Sudan and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, for training and planning joint operations in Conventional and non-traditional war conditions.

This training comes as a continuation of the series of joint exercises between brotherly countries, with the aim of strengthening military cooperation relations to implement military exercises and exchange experiences in a way that contributes to raising the military combat capacity and readiness to face the challenges the region is going through, and to increase coordination between the armed forces in brotherly countries.

The training, which will continue to be effective until the 26th of this month in the training fields of the Northern Military Region Command at Muhammad Naguib Base, includes a number of activities and activities that simulate the reality and events that the region is going through, training on the latest advanced military systems and combat theories in various types (land, sea, air and special forces work) According to the sequence of training courses, which comes within the plans prepared to develop operational readiness and exchange experiences with the Egyptian Armed Forces and participating countries, to meet the goals set by the leaders in the brotherly countries.

* With observers from the Pakistani, Libyan and Moroccan armies..

Last edited:
* With observers from the Pakistani, Libyan and Moroccan armies..

That's pretty interesting. I can see Moroccan and Libyan, but Pakistani is quite unusual and maybe it's a sign of things to come and improved relations after several attempts between both Cheif of Staffs from both countries who want to create more of a military relationship and also from the Mirage deal that probably opened the door a little bit.

Interesting how the MiG-35s in Sudan are placing the short range R-73s on the inner pylons and the medium range R-77 on the outer pylon. I seem to think it's usually the other way around.

EnRAIjkW8AsDkFq

EnRAIjtWEAEvdMN

That's pretty interesting. I can see Moroccan and Libyan, but Pakistani is quite unusual and maybe it's a sign of things to come and improved relations after several attempts between both Cheif of Staffs from both countries who want to create more of a military relationship and also from the Mirage deal that probably opened the door a little bit.
A Pakistani official attended the exercise with Sudan too.
D286C30A-FA34-458F-93AC-03A39731B140.png

And coincidentally...

Couple of great videos of the Russian/Egyptian friendship exercise, first one is some great naval ceremonial stuff Russian style which is the best, and in the 2nd I love the target practicing when they run to the targets after the firing rounds to see the results (and they were very decent) but the run is quite long which gives you an idea as to the distance they were firing from. Very cool stuff.

Interesting how the MiG-35s in Sudan are placing the short range R-73s on the inner pylons and the medium range R-77 on the outer pylon. I seem to think it's usually the other way around.

EnRAIjkW8AsDkFq

EnRAIjtWEAEvdMN
Most likely the exercise is for BVR first.. and as getting closer the use of short range missiles..Not sure if how they place them affect that in any way..

Egypt has the R77 SD missile with a range of 110 km

The RVV-SD medium-range air-to-air missile is designed to engage air targets (fighters, attack aircraft, bombers, helicopters, military transport aircraft and cruise missiles) from any direction, day or night, against the earth and sea background and in an ECM environment, offering also a multichannel fire-and-forget engagement capability.

http://roe.ru/eng/catalog/aerospace-systems/air-to-air-missile/rvv-sd/

Last edited:
Egypt has the R77 SD missile with a range of 110 km

Is that red tape of cover covering the 3 holes? Is that why it has he circle around it?

You know I've been posting about this for a while now trying to find out which variant it is and still wondering how Mahmoud Gamal was able to tell without seeing the three holes?

Is that red tape of cover covering the 3 holes? Is that why it has he circle around it?

You know I've been posting about this for a while now trying to find out which variant it is and still wondering how Mahmoud Gamal was able to tell without seeing the three holes?
It seems so.. but not only that ..look at the bottom of the missile it has that extension strip that the AE does not have..

It seems so.. but not only that ..look at the bottom of the missile it has that extension strip that the AE does not have..

Ah, ok. Good to have another identifier on top of the 3 black holes. When I magnified the picture, I could see the 3 black holes through that red tape or whatever that red stuff is. So that's a definite in that case and good to know that the EAF now has the BVR missile in a very respectable amount that can play with the enemy who has the AIM-120C-7 variant or equal. About time!

And soon to have an additional 30 aircraft in the Su-35SE that will also fire the R-77-1 as well as the R-27ER/IR! So a slew of BVR missiles and who knows, maybe they'll get the AWACs killer in the R-37M! Wouldn't that be nice.

Now they just have to sign a contract for the Su-57 hopefully soon if the Algerian rumor is true and Sukhoi is already taking orders for that aircraft, the EAF needs to jump on that soon enough before ending up too far back in the line! I've been saying this for a while, too. And no worries about the stage-2 engine for now. Do what I suppose the Algerians are also doing in ordering the aircraft with the stage-1 for now and when the new engine is ready, upgrade it then. That's a win-win situation since those engines can always end up being spares for the Su-35s. Just not sure of the validity of the Algerian rumor that they signed a contract for 14 Su-57s worth $2.2 billion.

EnWzPavXIAsUixM

EnWzPsMXcAMVFqy

The newest Russian attack drone will take part in exercises in the Black Sea
November 20 at 10:57 571

snapshot2313_d_850.jpg

The newest Russian attack drone "Orion-M", which entered the troops just a month ago, will take part in the joint Russian-Egyptian exercises "Bridge of Friendship 2020", which are taking place in the Black Sea these days. This became known at a conference before the start of the naval phase of the exercise.

Last edited:
Ah, ok. Good to have another identifier on top of the 3 black holes. When I magnified the picture, I could see the 3 black holes through that red tape or whatever that red stuff is. So that's a definite in that case and good to know that the EAF now has the BVR missile is a very respectable amount that can play with the enemy who has the AIM-120C-7 variant. About time!

And soon to have an additional 30 aircraft in the Su-35SE that will also fire the R-77-1 as well as the R-27ER/IR! So a slew of BVR missiles and who knows, maybe they'll get the AWACs killer in the R-37M! Wouldn't that be nice.

Now they just have to sign a contract for the Su-57 hopefully soon if the Algerian rumor is true and Sukhoi is already taking orders for that aircraft, the EAF needs to jump on that soon enough before ending up too far back in the line! I've been saying this for a while, too. And no worried about the stage-2 engine for now. Do what I suppose the Algerians are also doing in ordering the aircraft with the stage-1 for now and when the new engine is ready, upgrade it then. That's a win-win situation since those engines can always end up being spares for the Su-35s. Just not sure of the validity of the Algerian rumor that they signed a contract for 14 Su-57s worth $2.2 billion.

EnWzPavXIAsUixM

EnWzPsMXcAMVFqy

snapshot2313_d_850.jpg

The newest Russian attack drone "Orion-M", which entered the troops just a month ago, will take part in the joint Russian-Egyptian exercises "Bridge of Friendship 2020", which are taking place in the Black Sea these days. This became known at a conference before the start of the naval phase of the exercise.

There were rumors about Algeria signing a contract for the SU-57.. nothing surprising ..but nothing concrete yet..
Another 30 SU-35 SE will be a killer! add another 50 Mig-35 with AESA radars on that.. Apart from those 20 F-16 block 52 the rest will go to the second line..

As for the SU-57 it is logical after the SU-35 SE.. the stage2 engine will be ready by the time it will be delivered to Egypt..

Did you know that the R 77 SD was not for export before?
It is possible that the Egyptian Mig-35s have gone through some unannounced upgrade!? like the AESA radar!!?
Ah, ok. Good to have another identifier on top of the 3 black holes. When I magnified the picture, I could see the 3 black holes through that red tape or whatever that red stuff is. So that's a definite in that case and good to know that the EAF now has the BVR missile is a very respectable amount that can play with the enemy who has the AIM-120C-7 variant. About time!

Now they just have to sign a contract for the Su-57 hopefully soon if the Algerian rumor is true and Sukhoi is already taking orders for that aircraft, the EAF needs to jump on that soon enough before ending up too far back in the line! I've been saying this for a while, too. And no worried about the stage-2 engine for now. Do what I suppose the Algerians are also doing in ordering the aircraft with the stage-1 for now and when the new engine is ready, upgrade it then. That's a win-win situation since those engines can always end up being spares for the Su-35s. Just not sure of the validity of the Algerian rumor that they signed a contract for 14 Su-57s worth $2.2 billion.

EnWzPavXIAsUixM

EnWzPsMXcAMVFqy

snapshot2313_d_850.jpg

There were rumors about Algeria signing a contract for the SU-57.. nothing surprising ..but nothing concrete yet..
Another 30 SU-35 SE will be a killer! add another 50 Mig-35 with AESA radars on that.. Apart from those 20 F-16 block 52 the rest will go to the second line..

As for the SU-57 it is logical after the SU-35 SE.. the stage2 engine will be ready by the time it will be delivered to Egypt..

It is possible that the Egyptian Mig-35s have gone through some unannounced upgrade!? like the AESA radar!!?

EnWzPavXIAsUixM

EnWzPsMXcAMVFqy

snapshot2313_d_850.jpg

AFAIK there are continuous flight between Egypt and Russia carried out by Egyptian Transport Aircrafts. Initially I thought they could be transporting the RISC2 system to be installed on the Sukhois but who knows what they were actually lifting. I don’t think any Egyptian MiG-29M2s flew to Russia for upgrades since their arrival, one would question if these upgrades can be carried out in Egypt but I think the answer is no.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom