What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

AFAIK there are continuous flight between Egypt and Russia carried out by Egyptian Transport Aircrafts. Initially I thought they could be transporting the RISC2 system to be installed on the Sukhois but who knows what they were actually lifting. I don’t think any Egyptian MiG-29M2s flew to Russia for upgrades since their arrival, one would question if these upgrades can be carried out in Egypt but I think the answer is no.
Bro.. the RISC2 is an Egyptian System.. part of the Egyptian own C5Isr.. it has nothing to do with Russia..

Why not ..if only the radar and some avionics needed to be upgraded in Egypt.. we know that Egypt don't send its systems to be upgraded somewhere else but in Egypt.. Most of the time..And that is like 95% of the time..

Some pics from the Russian naval exercise opening ceremony.

EnaoZ86XcAEQgBU

I believe these are pilots of the Seasprites.

EnaoZAxW8AI9cRC

EnaoZhaXUAEVB1W

EnaoaZRWMAEv3V4

New pic of EAF Su-35SE #9213

29895_1605681554.jpg

@HD Seeker-5000 , it appears you were right, my bro, about the white circle on the front side of the fuselage. It wasn't the place for the roundel as some of the other fellas claimed it would be but it's rather a dedicated access panel for some avionics or something related to the massive IRBIS radar or data or something like that. Some of the close-up pics you can see it clearly as an access panel.

Last edited:

Looks like it's just you and me on this thread now, bro lol. Where the heck is everyone?! Sheesh. Oh well, once the Su-35s arrive and we start getting more pictures of them, might get better participation.

BTW, that Saif Al Arab get-together was pretty cool. Something you don't see very often when another country brings some heavy equipment with them like those very cool LeClerk tanks (looks like they still belong to the UAE and not Jordan just yet) and even all the personnel lining up their equipment for the others to see. And also it seems we forget about the Mohammad Naguib center and how incredibly massive and modern it is with its theater and the entire complex and its amenities probably hosts all those members of the other forces in style and creates good camaraderie to be in an area like that. We haven't seem much about it in a while until now.

Looks like it's just you and me on this thread now, bro lol. Where the heck is everyone?! Sheesh. Oh well, once the Su-35s arrive and we start getting more pictures of them, might get better participation.

BTW, that Saif Al Arab get-together was pretty cool. Something you don't see very often when another country brings some heavy equipment with them like those very cool LeClerk tanks (looks like they still belong to the UAE and not Jordan just yet) and even all the personnel lining up their equipment for the others to see. And also it seems we forget about the Mohammad Naguib center and how incredibly massive and modern it is with its theater and the entire complex and its amenities probably hosts all those members of the other forces in style and creates good camaraderie to be in an area like that. We haven't seem much about it in a while until now.
HaHaHa!..yes all the other participants are waiting for the SU-35, the Italian Fremm and the MEKO-200!!!..they need patience as all these are extraordinary systems..

Yes that base is grandiose.. and this exercise in particular is concentrating on SF supported by the air force and the navy somehow.. and most noteworthy is the staggering number of exercises by The Egyptian armed forces in 2020..

AL Galala.. one of the new EN Italian FREMM

Such a beast of a frigate! No wonder they say it's closer to a destroyer than a frigate look at the size of this thing.

EnrT1NVXUAUCx02

Ambassador MK3 and Gowind 2500 passing through the Turkish Strait headed back to Egypt after the conclusion of the Black Sea exercise with the Russian Navy.

Enwuw_GXcAM-UaK

EnwuE6qWMAs87sB

Last edited:
And of course, the Alexandria Oliver Hazzard Perry class frigate ferrying through the Bosphorus towards the Mediterranean. Was the USS Copeland under US Navy service then when shipped to Egypt became the Mubarak and then since post revolution and under the new Egyptian Navy has been named the Alexandria.

Enwdw2nXUAIAI_q

Enwdw2jW8AI32Ur

Enwdw8OXEAAozag

More pics. Russia & Egypt have completed the Most Druzhby (Friendship Bridge) 2020 joint naval exercise. Russian Navy Black Sea Fleet press service said that Russian and Egyptian seamen had practiced rescue missions, trawling, repelling attacks, resupplying & inspecting suspicious vessels.

Those involved also practiced artillery fire at seaborne and airborne targets, as well as at naval mines. According to TASS, four Russian ships took part: frigate Admiral Makarov, missile corvette Orekhovo-Zuyevo, patrol ship Dmitry Rogachev & the tugboat Nikolai Muru.

EnwhjFQWEAcaI1a

Enwhi2VXYAM8V2N

EnwfP_pWEAEnX8d

EnwfP_jW4AE5dho

EnwfP_vXUAIPnmR

EnwfQCwW4AAJLar

EnweMqBXYAM-sNj

EnweMqQXIAE6wpa

And some great action from the exercise!

Last edited:
By the end of 2020..

super%2Bbergamini.jpg

Let's see if the Italians keep the Aster 30s and especially the Netunno 4100 electronic jammers which the French took out if you remember. They took out the Aster 30s for no good reason and the Tahya Misr only has Aster 15s but why take out the Jammer? So let's hope the Italians leave it in and now that we know where it is on the ship we can look out for it to see if it's there when it arrives.

Let's see if the Italians keep the Aster 30s and especially the Netunno 4100 electronic jammers which the French took out if you remember. They took out the Aster 30s for no good reason and the Tahya Misr only has Aster 15s but why take out the Jammer? So let's hope the Italians leave it in and now that we know where it is on the ship we can look out for it to see if it's there when it arrives.
Bro.. the French did not take out the Aster-30 it was simply not ready.. even the French did not had it on their Fremm until it was ready.. What they closed were those launchers for the long range Cruise missile.. They can be opened when the short range MTCR compliant one is ready and available..

There are many very potent alternatives from Italy to the Nettuno.. if it is not coming there will be a very good replacement for sure.. but the Aster-30 is obviously coming this time..

Bro.. the French did not take out the Aster-30 it was simply not ready.. even the French did not had it on their Fremm until it was ready.. What they closed were those launchers for the long range Cruise missile.. They can be opened when the short range MTCR compliant one is ready and available..

They didn't take out the Aster 30s you're right but they took out what was in place of either Aster 30 which was the SYLVER A70 VLS and they never bothered to replace them with Aster 30 or another 16 Aster 15 VLS to make a total of 32 Aster 15s. Instead, they left it empty without offering any other alternative, which there were plenty. Now they didn't have enough time because Sisi wanted the ship in time for the new, Suez Bypass opening, but there was never any offer to replace an empty bunk of potentially 15 very important VLS missiles.

You see, they did the same frigging thing with the Mistral when they decided to deliver it without any CIWS. To me, that is rather infuriating. It might not be to you, my friend, and that's perfectly fine. But I see a pair of super large helicopter carrier LHDs that are as vulneralble as a 50ft Azimut yacth which frankly doesn't sit well with me and many other Egyptians. Talking to a few of them as we speak on Twitter who are mentioning the same, exact thing about the Aster 30 on these new Berghamini FREMMs.

I just happen to mention the Netunno jamming electronics because there they are in the picture you posted which tells us exactly what it looks like and if the Italians will remove it or not like the French which I also think SUCKS of them to have done that. I don't think there is any export limitations on the jamming system and it's just something to lookout for, that's all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom