What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Who's that in your avatar? Is that you or someone else? Just curiuos.

With all these "potential" submarines and "possibly in the inventory" like the Serbian ones etc., watch the submarine fleet in the Egyptian Navy be actually somewhere around 20 or some crazy thing like that lol!

A letter of intent is almost as good as contract, almost. It could derail when they sit down and sign the nitty-gritty details and then come to a halt because of a disagreement. But this sounds like a great thing to have for the Red Sea area and especially the Gulf of Aqaba for disrupting maritime traffic going up to Eilat, including laying mines and things of that sort. It actually looks one size up from a midget submarine judging by that pic with of the model in the case and the one dude popping out of the conning tower.

When I think of midget submarines, I think of the Japanese ones in WWII in the Pacific theater that actually made it to Hawaii and had barely enough room for 2 poor souls to be crammed in there. Those were definitely one way tickets and death traps.

This is the one that washed up on one of the Hawaiian beaches and you can judge the sub's size by the water surfing on the shore, they could barely fit 2 poor men that could NEVER have an ounce of claustrophobia. Imagine being stuck in one of these things?!?! Oooof.

Ko-hyoteki_class_submarine.jpg

Maybe a better sense of the size once they hauled it out practically intact with it's two torpedoes still in the launch tubes ready to be fired. This was an incredible find and it's now in a maritime museum in Texas.

KoHyoteki1.jpg

I'm glad to see the Croatian ones are considerably larger than these actual Japanese midget submarines!

3ea2f17609e676d3a7345949c985e990.jpg

Imagine being that stuffed and cramped? Although we know that at least one of them got into Pearl Harbor and actually let out one or even both torpedoes towards battleship row targeting the USS Virginia and some are also claiming that one of the torpeo trails in the water that are clear as day in this picture is headed towards the infamous USS Oklahoma which is extraordinary!
Also in the pics it's so obvious to see the rooster tails from the sub's propeller that tend to create that once the sub gets up to the surface and the prop blades are turning halfway out of the water. They shoot out rooster tails and you can see 3 perfect ones right behind the sub and well as the fired torpedo trails just below the water surface. Extraordinary pic but this is always what I think about when I hear "midget submarine"!!!! lol

Pearlharbor_photo.jpg

That's undeniably essential in the Egyptian Navy as the frogmen are a HUGE tradition and a very important element because of their great success in 1973! From closing the flaming tubes in the Suez Canal prior to the Egyptian attack at 2:00 pm on October 6th, 1973. Their incredible work against the mines in the Gulf of Aqaba and the Suez and many other great operations they've succeeded in. They deserve their own setups like this and also all the Navy Special Forces that have diving as part of their duties and instead of sharing or taking up the time and duty of one of the Type 209s or the Romeos, they can have their own subs in those Drakkon 220s and their associated underwater driving equipment they already have. These would add to their mission capabilities by a huge margin and make them a force within the force to be reckoned with. I'm all for this and I hope they pull it off.

Ugh, it's about time!!! lol. Let's go, we need to see one arrive at the Alexandria naval port and be inaugurated. These are beasts of ships with those tremendous radar towers and capabilities. I'm glad they worked out whatever it was that put things on hold (which was probably the Giulio Regeni case) and maybe the military settled with the family? Not sure but I do remember that having a lot to do with the delay and glad to hear it's been worked out. Y'alla ba2a!

BTW, this is a recent shot of a Russia Su-35S firing the ever so deadly R-37M Missile. The AWACs killer lol. Really really hope to see this missile tag along with the entire batch of heavy and deadly and potent missiles that will be coming with those killer aircraft! Not too many goofballs will be conducting AWACs missions very close or even at a working distance from Egyptian territory with this badass missile in the arsenal.

120507435_10217828078557965_2168193290533620849_n.jpg

These are the things that Egypt always lacked to propel it into the next level of being a legitimate threat to the enemy invading forces. These types of weapons along with the big-time radars that are part of the surveillance and monitoring system, they really are doing things the perfect way to create the ultimate protection system for the country.
It is all great news for Egypt..

Egypt does not usually announce tactical systems in its inventory.. maybe years later..
Hopefully these (5) 220 ton Drakon submarines came with ToT.. that is more exciting to know.. since they are $50 million a piece..

Last edited:
Ugh, it's about time!!! lol. Let's go, we need to see one arrive at the Alexandria naval port and be inaugurated. These are beasts of ships with those tremendous radar towers and capabilities. I'm glad they worked out whatever it was that put things on hold (which was probably the Giulio Regeni case) and maybe the military settled with the family? Not sure but I do remember that having a lot to do with the delay and glad to hear it's been worked out. Y'alla ba2a!

BTW, this is a recent shot of a Russia Su-35S firing the ever so deadly R-37M Missile. The AWACs killer lol. Really really hope to see this missile tag along with the entire batch of heavy and deadly and potent missiles that will be coming with those killer aircraft! Not too many goofballs will be conducting AWACs missions very close or even at a working distance from Egyptian territory with this badass missile in the arsenal.

120507435_10217828078557965_2168193290533620849_n.jpg

These are the things that Egypt always lacked to propel it into the next level of being a legitimate threat to the enemy invading forces. These types of weapons along with the big-time radars that are part of the surveillance and monitoring system, they really are doing things the perfect way to create the ultimate protection system for the country.
Anti AWACS missile wow
I am interested to that I need numbers of R37m missiles to hit my AWACS women neighbors

What about Russian ships?

Thanks to the great @The SC , back in 2017 he found the news that the Egyptian navy was interested in buying Russian Buyan class corvettes, but it never happened probably because they were too busy concentrating on the MiGs and eventually the Su-35S orders as well as the disagreements with the French and TKMS and then the Germans swooping in with the offer for the Mekos as well as the Italians eventually offering the two beasts FREMMs! lol. So probably because of the tangibility of the weapons systems (particularly the VLS Asters and others) as well as familiarity with the FREMM already in the Egyptian Navy that the Mekos and especially the Berghaminis were a better way to go.

Egypt to order Buyan Class corvettes in 2017

buyan-620x330.jpg

And the thread that The SC opened about it: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egypt-to-order-buyan-class-corvettes-in-2017.505757/#post-9649269

Thanks to the great @The SC , back in 2017 he found the news that the Egyptian navy was interested in buying Russian Buyan class corvettes, but it never happened probably because they were too busy concentrating on the MiGs and eventually the Su-35S orders as well as the disagreements with the French and TKMS and then the Germans swooping in with the offer for the Mekos as well as the Italians eventually offering the two beasts FREMMs! lol. So probably because of the tangibility of the weapons systems (particularly the VLS Asters and others) as well as familiarity with the FREMM already in the Egyptian Navy that the Mekos and especially the Berghaminis were a better way to go.

Egypt to order Buyan Class corvettes in 2017

buyan-620x330.jpg

And the thread that The SC opened about it: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/egypt-to-order-buyan-class-corvettes-in-2017.505757/#post-9649269
Hahahaha Russian card was useful

They said by the end of the year..So the latest is December 2020!!!
The second one in the spring of 2021..meaning May the latest!!!

Men bo2ak lbab el sama ya basha let's go! That's one heck of an AESA radar tower on those beasts!

Men bo2ak lbab el sama ya basha let's go! That's one heck of an AESA radar tower on those beasts!
So many sophisticated radars and EW systems on the beast.. and most interesting is the Aster 30..which brings the EN to an unprecedented level of long range defensive capabilities from the sea as first defense of the Nation..while at the same time providing a long range umbrella to all other EN warships and even ports..

"The Khalifah":crazy::crazy::crazy:

You're a funny guy, I'll give you that.

Next time, have enough spine to post whatever you want to in the first go. Instead of editing your post later so that the quoted doesn't notice it.

Go to worship the Turks, nobody gives less than a shit what you do.

Yet you prowl the back alleys of this forum like the parasite that you are. Jumping at every pathetic opportunity to have us acknowledge that you exist.

Pfft he was pointing our your hypocritical behavior and you wrote a multi paragraph essay.

If reading proves to be a challenge to you then there are other places more suited for the reading impaired.

Ignore the mod, he is unaware of the ground realities and thinks he can read the region through TRT News. He probably thinks the Ottomans were the "Khalifah" because of his warped reality that sadly many fall prey to by watching Ertrugul and whatever bullshit is on TV now.

Tell that to the Arabs who went begging to the Ottamans to take ownership of the Khilafah. But you wouldn't know that, given how averse you are to reading.

Back on topic...

The great Lieutenant General Saad Eddin El-Shazly, Chief of Staff of the Armed Forces during the glorious October War May God rest his soul and reward him well. This man was a military genius. Not too many come like him.

Ejl8xmbXYAIZgzu

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom