What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Thank you, sir. It's good to know that's out there. I need to figure out more about the air to air missiles in that set up because it looks like it's more relegated to air to ground, but that's also a good thing.
Personally, I would use F-16 for all missions using cruise missile, anti radiation, and anti ship and just use the rest with A2A missiles. That would allow the F-16s to fulfill all other roles needed for the EAF.

Personally, I would use F-16 for all missions using cruise missile, anti radiation, and anti ship and just use the rest with A2A missiles. That would allow the F-16s to fulfill all other roles needed for the EAF.

Sure, I think that's pretty much what they're doing right now. I'm referring more to the future should sanctions be imposed on Egypt and usually it's focused on the military aid which is pretty much all the American weapons and the F-16s will need a backup plan for everything, including spare parts, air to ground and the current A2A missiles which I would presume will also be curtailed. So what I'm getting at is that while they're doing that, they might as well look into not only replacing those weapons, but improving on them.

Thank you, sir. It's good to know that's out there. I need to figure out more about the air to air missiles in that set up because it looks like it's more relegated to air to ground, but that's also a good thing.
What makes you think it is restrained to Air to land..!?

We shouldn't confuse the SWFCS itself with the GMME..

Last edited:
What makes you think it is restrained to Air to land..!?

We shouldn't confuse the SWFCS itself with the GMME..

Well, just looking at the weapons featured in this picture and they're basically all A2G and cruise missiles with the example of anti radiation missiles and guided bombs and rockets. I don't see any A2A and if it's a Chinese system, I would've expected to see some or all of the PL series of BVR A2A missiles in there, but don't see any? Is it too presumptive?

D0BUDIQX0AA5SEV

Well, just looking at the weapons featured in this picture and they're basically all A2G and cruise missiles with the example of anti radiation missiles and guided bombs and rockets. I don't see any A2A and if it's a Chinese system, I would've expected to see some or all of the PL series of BVR A2A missiles in there, but don't see any? Is it too presumptive?

D0BUDIQX0AA5SEV
In the same article..it says clearly:

"The system allows the use of Chinese ammunition for air-to-air and air-to-surface combat on Western and Russian fighters..The system consists of GMME and is intended for ground systems and is an abbreviation for Ground Mission Management Equipment"

Another shot of the 4th Type 209.

EjJ6RoaXsAEjm6f
There is also this midget 220 Drakon submarine .. 5 of them.. that was under negotiations for the last 4 years with Croatia..

Eyy5Wbv.jpg

QlBbU9S.jpg

http://www.paluba.info/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26435.0;attach=643070;image

index.php

http://liderpress.hr/tvrtke-i-trzis...atskom-vladom-gradnju-pet-malih-podmornica

Egypt has signed letter of intent with Croatian company Adria-Mar for five small submarines Drakon 220.

http://www.nairaland.com/2963985/egypt-may-buy-five-drakon

64teY2q.png

Quick look on the Submarine:

Displacement: 220 tons
Crew: 9 members + 4 special forces
Length: 30 meters
Maximum survival capacity: 14 days
Depth: 150 meters

Armament:

- 2 x 533 mm torpedo tubes with two torpedoes.
- 2 x marine mines.

It can be equipped with missiles against air targets.

Two frogmen vehicles.

Last edited:

L'Espresso Italian Newspaper | Egypt signed a contract for the multi-mission Frim Bergamini frigates with Italy in August 2020..

The value of the contract amounted to 1.2 billion euros...

Egypt has requested adjustments worth 140 million euros that the Italian side will pay for..and Leonardo will implement a number of them worth 55 million euros; NATO's equipments has been removed and Egypt has chosen their alternatives.

The first frigate will be delivered before the end of this year and the second in the spring of 2021..

https://espresso.repubblica.it/plus...ra-regeni-1.353736?ref=HEF_RULLO&preview=true

Who's that in your avatar? Is that you or someone else? Just curiuos.

There is also this midget 220 Drakon submarine .. 5 of them.. that was under negotiations for the last 4 years with Croatia..

With all these "potential" submarines and "possibly in the inventory" like the Serbian ones etc., watch the submarine fleet in the Egyptian Navy be actually somewhere around 20 or some crazy thing like that lol!

Egypt has signed letter of intent with Croatian company Adria-Mar for five small submarines Drakon 220.

A letter of intent is almost as good as contract, almost. It could derail when they sit down and sign the nitty-gritty details and then come to a halt because of a disagreement. But this sounds like a great thing to have for the Red Sea area and especially the Gulf of Aqaba for disrupting maritime traffic going up to Eilat, including laying mines and things of that sort. It actually looks one size up from a midget submarine judging by that pic with of the model in the case and the one dude popping out of the conning tower.

When I think of midget submarines, I think of the Japanese ones in WWII in the Pacific theater that actually made it to Hawaii and had barely enough room for 2 poor souls to be crammed in there. Those were definitely one way tickets and death traps.

This is the one that washed up on one of the Hawaiian beaches and you can judge the sub's size by the water surfing on the shore, they could barely fit 2 poor men that could NEVER have an ounce of claustrophobia. Imagine being stuck in one of these things?!?! Oooof.

Ko-hyoteki_class_submarine.jpg

Maybe a better sense of the size once they hauled it out practically intact with it's two torpedoes still in the launch tubes ready to be fired. This was an incredible find and it's now in a maritime museum in Texas.

KoHyoteki1.jpg

I'm glad to see the Croatian ones are considerably larger than these actual Japanese midget submarines!

3ea2f17609e676d3a7345949c985e990.jpg

Imagine being that stuffed and cramped? Although we know that at least one of them got into Pearl Harbor and actually let out one or even both torpedoes towards battleship row targeting the USS Virginia and some are also claiming that one of the torpeo trails in the water that are clear as day in this picture is headed towards the infamous USS Oklahoma which is extraordinary!
Also in the pics it's so obvious to see the rooster tails from the sub's propeller that tend to create that once the sub gets up to the surface and the prop blades are turning halfway out of the water. They shoot out rooster tails and you can see 3 perfect ones right behind the sub and well as the fired torpedo trails just below the water surface. Extraordinary pic but this is always what I think about when I hear "midget submarine"!!!! lol

Pearlharbor_photo.jpg

Two frogmen vehicles.

That's undeniably essential in the Egyptian Navy as the frogmen are a HUGE tradition and a very important element because of their great success in 1973! From closing the flaming tubes in the Suez Canal prior to the Egyptian attack at 2:00 pm on October 6th, 1973. Their incredible work against the mines in the Gulf of Aqaba and the Suez and many other great operations they've succeeded in. They deserve their own setups like this and also all the Navy Special Forces that have diving as part of their duties and instead of sharing or taking up the time and duty of one of the Type 209s or the Romeos, they can have their own subs in those Drakkon 220s and their associated underwater driving equipment they already have. These would add to their mission capabilities by a huge margin and make them a force within the force to be reckoned with. I'm all for this and I hope they pull it off.

Ugh, it's about time!!! lol. Let's go, we need to see one arrive at the Alexandria naval port and be inaugurated. These are beasts of ships with those tremendous radar towers and capabilities. I'm glad they worked out whatever it was that put things on hold (which was probably the Giulio Regeni case) and maybe the military settled with the family? Not sure but I do remember that having a lot to do with the delay and glad to hear it's been worked out. Y'alla ba2a!

BTW, this is a recent shot of a Russia Su-35S firing the ever so deadly R-37M Missile. The AWACs killer lol. Really really hope to see this missile tag along with the entire batch of heavy and deadly and potent missiles that will be coming with those killer aircraft! Not too many goofballs will be conducting AWACs missions very close or even at a working distance from Egyptian territory with this badass missile in the arsenal.

120507435_10217828078557965_2168193290533620849_n.jpg

These are the things that Egypt always lacked to propel it into the next level of being a legitimate threat to the enemy invading forces. These types of weapons along with the big-time radars that are part of the surveillance and monitoring system, they really are doing things the perfect way to create the ultimate protection system for the country.

I was glad to have seen 4 Apaches and 6 Ka-52s yesterday, first time seeing the latter and I must admit they flew smoothly and was nice to seem them arranging themselves in the air before flying over the Unknown Soldier Burial.
Sorry for the bad quality
50B21781-E066-40D4-9955-1711CC5B6DDE.png
472ACB7D-6699-49B4-AB83-7155FF4091BB.jpeg
75E60228-B8A4-4EB6-B86E-58CCE739F4F8.jpeg

I actually think we should consider the VHS-2 bullpups for our soldiers since they aren’t frequently sold - in other words not much money has been made by their producer - so it would be easier (I reckon) to have a deal made to locally produce them.
93588F91-280E-47D5-8246-E0FEE08BD389.jpeg

along with the following body armor that Egypt makes:
347D5719-1938-4EA9-A9B4-8180A8A862A0.jpeg
F1A52F36-25CB-4F2A-B3BA-D38D04D6BBE2.png
“Level of protection from caliber (7.62x54mm) Normal & API”

I actually think we should consider the VHS-2 bullpups for our soldiers since they aren’t frequently sold - in other words not much money has been made by their producer - so it would be easier (I reckon) to have a deal made to locally produce them.
View attachment 675898
along with the following body armor that Egypt makes:
View attachment 675899View attachment 675900“Level of protection from caliber (7.62x54mm) Normal & API”
Bullpups are not the best in combat unless it is very close combat.. google it..

Back
Top Bottom