What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Why did the K-52 Katran helicopter won in the global bid to supply helicopters to the Egyptian Navy

ST-200 looks interesting if Egypt's claims of it being produced almost fully indigenous are true. Don't know if this is worded correctly as IMUT is owned by an Egyptian company iirc.

During his visit, Sisi inspected the new military loader 900 as well as the armored vehicle Sinai 200. The ministry manufactured all parts of the loader, excluding the engine and tires, which were produced by International Marathon United Technology (IMUT).

Wasn't the ST-100 going into prodction and was actually delivered the the armed forces in a certain amount? Now they're working on the ST-500 if I'm not mistaken? @The SC opened a thread on it a little over a week ago.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-...on-the-egyptian-armed-forces-branches.669267/

ST-500_4x4_armored_picture_925_001.jpg

I know Garmin is amazing.. I had a GPS watch from them about 10-15 years ago..and I could find my position precisely on any map..and also see the satellite positions..maybe they had a nano-radar on it.. lol..

2_h.jpg

It's amazing how well that radar works and doesn't give wrong readings or anything like that, even in rough waters and bumpy waves etc. If it's really quiet and you turn it on, you can barely hear it start spinning inside that radome casing and you can tell it's spinning at a good clip. It's really terrific when it's overlayed on the navigation map which is also extremely accurate to within less than 1 foot. Well worth the huge cost! lol

Egypt is ready to open a new military base near the Libyan border in the western region, called the "Jerjoub" naval base..

The Egyptian army opened the Berenice military base during 2020

The Egyptian army opened the Mohamed Naguib military base during 2017

* Egypt can now, with its new and old bases, open four fronts simultaneously and with a very high efficiency

The Italian company Fincantieri has confirmed its participation as the main sponsor of the Egyptian Military Exhibition Edex 2020 in its second edition.
The exhibition will be held, from 7-10 December

The Italian company Fincantieri has confirmed its participation as the main sponsor of the Egyptian Military Exhibition Edex 2020 in its second edition.
The exhibition will be held, from 7-10 December
Main sponsor? What does that mean?

At 2:10, he says Egypt is trialling the BP vehicles, any update?
Man ..you know Egypt can buy any potent vehicle or thing from India if it fits its requirements,,
You know the relationship is old as the non-aligned movement in this world..
Egypt went out to even transfer the Helwan fighter aircraft technology to India as well as its engines.. and they both worked on it.. so what is a transport vehicle in all this..

The Egyptian armed forces seem to possess all the kinds of fancy toys that any army would wish for.. short of a nuclear weapon Ofcourse. I feel anyone would have to think ten times before messing with these guys, even Israel.

At 2:10, he says Egypt is trialling the BP vehicles, any update?

That's really cool. Don't know yet, but if you find out, do let us know. It was tough trying to determine from that video which chassis they were trailing in Egypt. It seemed they showed the ambulance one while he was talking about Egypt and that would be very cool. If you look at the list of armored vehicles in the Egyptian military's inventory, it's mind-numbing lol! They have something like 4,500 Humvee's alone. Then there are thousands of all sorts of other types including 2 locally manufactured types etc. etc.

What a great video. So many radar types including the advanced EW system and armament. You can see that empty space behind the Aster 15 & 30 VLS hatches for future use of land-attack missiles we talked about on your other thread. It's waiting to be filled up with an ingenious solution. They'll just have to relocate the sleeping quarters they turned it into, or a mess hall or whatever they did with the space but either way, it would be worth it.

The Egyptian armed forces seem to possess all the kinds of fancy toys that any army would wish for.. short of a nuclear weapon Ofcourse. I feel anyone would have to think ten times before messing with these guys, even Israel.

Indeed. And that's pretty much the whole idea, defense and deterrence. If you looked at the Egyptian Armed Forces just 6 years ago, the difference from then and today is like night and day. The modernization process has moved at an eye blinding speed, and not just with the Air Force which has gone from 3rd & a 4rth gen fighters to mostly 4++ in a couple of years, but the navy also with 2 LHD helicopter carriers, 1 frigate and 4 corvettes with 12 more frigates (6 Meko-200s and 6 more FREMMS) and 24 fast attack patrol boats and 4 Type 209 German Submarines and a few more things. They've also invested a lot in air defense missile systems from the S-300VM to now the 300P Bastion-P mobile system as well as the German IRIS-T-SL to be layered in a system with the TOR and BUK and several others as well as powerful radars like the Protlivnik-GE and another new system they just ordered in the Rezonans-NE to compliment the former for stealth AC. The modernization has been pretty rapid and for good reason as things are happening very quickly in this volatile region that there simply isn't any time to dilly dally. Of course the addition of the 46 Komov Ka-52 Nile Crocodile attack helicopters will complement the 46 Apaches of which 10 of those were ordered in 2018 and are relatively new. We think there is a contract happening for 36 more Ka-52K Katrans to equip the two LHD's with a potent naval attack helo and so we might be seeing a bunch of those in the not too distant future. Although the Armed Forces did just order (last month LOL) 24 Leonardo AW149 and eight AW189 helicopters. Even though we're not sure if these will be used on the LHDs or if they will be spread out to all the other ships that have helo landing pads and need assigned helicopters for troop & personnel transport as well as soft attack/protection. But pretty sure the AW189s will be used in SAR operations almost without a doubt. And of course there are a bunch of other things like the 500 T-90MSs to be built in Egypt and we're expecting 2 of the Su-35s within the next 6-8 months out of the batch of 26 ordered. I'd say that is the most anticipated item out of the whole bunch.

In the meantime, the EN has practiced using its Ka-52 Nile Crocs and Apaches on the Mistrals to stay ahead of the game. A lot of these have been alongside the Hellenic & Cypriot Navy. It's pretty cool watching the Greeks land and takeoff from this thing like they own them lol! But, that's what 'interoperability' is all about.
EAF Ka-52s and Apaches on one of the Mistrals.
7687114_original.jpg

article_5e12fda190d225_48154789.jpeg

I must say, though, I do like the color of the Indian Apaches for sure. I had mentioned this on the IAF news thread a while back when the first one was being tested or delivered. This actually seems like a the perfect naval color.

july.jpg

Back
Top Bottom