What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Egyptian putting avenger on their French made assault ships:

DEjf18HWsAAYR05.jpg
DEjf0TaWsAQBjRp.jpg
DEjf38pXoAARThN.jpg

Like putting a bra on a flat chested girl..:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Umm yeah... no... that wasn't really a very lucky comparison my brazzer, that's actually somewhat effective and thoughtful to use the Avengers as a short-term solution, it gets the job done... sooo, nope, try again.

ohh and, in fact, the French ships have only two manually aimed double SIMBAD launchers, so the Egyptian ship is actually got better AA self defense with this ad-hoc arrangement as at least Avenger has a "slew to cue" system which can actually automatically aim the launcher at the appropriate vector for a threat based on info from outside sensors.

Last edited:
ohh and, in fact, the French ships have only two manually aimed double SIMBAD launchers, so the Egyptian ship is actually got better AA self defense with this ad-hoc arrangement as at least Avenger has a "slew to cue" system which can actually automatically aim the launcher at the appropriate vector for a threat based on info from outside sensors.

Very true! Granted 2 or more Avenger mounted HUMVEEs take up considerable space on the deck, but at the moment with no helos it's fine. Even during these peace-time operations, there are small or unexpected threats that can be disastrous. SOP calls for there to be the best possible & available protection at all times.

We criticize sometimes but also have to give credit where it's due. This actually is a good, temporary solution.

Libya borders
screenshot_2017-07-16-14-04-22-png.411795

We don't see the AGM-65 Maverick that often. :tup:
But still no AA missiles. The other Blk 42's carrying Mk-82's had AIM-9s, but not sure why these 52 D's don't. What do you make of that?

Anti-Terrorism Unit 888..The latest special unit in the Egyptian army
upload_2017-7-17_21-14-5.jpeg

Among their training and skills are espionage and dealing with computers on a large scale..And the work beyond the Egyptian borders..

It is a separate formation From Al Saeqa, the rapid intervention forces, parachutists and armored units. It will receive distinct and sophisticated equipments and armaments and intensive training..

The Counter-Terrorism Unit is a small elite unit which is highly armed, equipped and trained. It carries out the tasks of combating terrorism by raiding headquarters and centers of terror to eliminate them and withdraw immediately and not engage in confrontations or protracted battles like the rapid intervention forces which are equivalent to a small army..

Last edited:
Egyptian Air Force F-16 carrying AN/AAQ-14 LANTIRN targeting pod and Paveway guided munitions as part of operations in Yemen

F1612.jpg

Russian MiG-35 fighter uses radar of the last generation

View attachment 409295

Russia's Fazotron is designing a radar for MiG-35, using state-of-the-art technology.

"The radar will be ready for production in batches at the end of this year," a source at the company said, adding that "the latest generation technology and all the expertise accumulated by Fazotron to date have been used when designing and manufacturing the radar."

https://arabic.rt.com/technology/887163-مقاتلة-ميغ-35-الروسية-تتزود-برادار-طوري/

@Gomig-21

This coincides with the first deliveries of the Egyptian Mig-35 at the end of this year.. what do you make of it?
Egypt made a very clever choice for going for both Mig-35 and Rafale ...They can pitch Russian weapon against a Euro enemy or Euro weapon against a non-Euro enemy ...

Very true! Granted 2 or more Avenger mounted HUMVEEs take up considerable space on the deck, but at the moment with no helos it's fine. Even during these peace-time operations, there are small or unexpected threats that can be disastrous. SOP calls for there to be the best possible & available protection at all times.

We criticize sometimes but also have to give credit where it's due. This actually is a good, temporary solution.
Well, they could dismount the turrets from the vehicles and park those turrets e.g. on the corners where weapon stations were planned. Of atop the rear of the island structure. These turrets aren't that big.

2265.jpg

Avenger_image.jpg

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/new-life-for-avenger/

Egypt made a very clever choice for going for both Mig-35 and Rafale ...They can pitch Russian weapon against a Euro enemy or Euro weapon against a non-Euro enemy ...
In reality they got taken by the French and the Russians..The French sold them expensive jet that are a little better than the F16 they have in hand, and the Russian sold them Mig 29 with some components of the MIG 35..they are not getting the MIG 35 as published.

In reality they got taken by the French and the Russians..The French sold them expensive jet that are a little better than the F16 they have in hand

70% composite airframe, SPECTRA defensive aid system (basically a EW and all-angle MAWS), data fusion cockpit (so far rivaled only by the F-35), integrated modular avionics suite, direct voice input, HMD, THALES RBE2-AA AESA radar, Damocles Recon pods, MICA IM & ER BVR missiles and maybe, eventually, arguably the best BVR missile in the Meteor. So I would say quite an improvement to the F-16, even in maneuverability. The only issue is they need at least 80 of them to have a strong fleet.

and the Russian sold them Mig 29 with some components of the MIG 35..they are not getting the MIG 35 as published.

213507.jpg

The only difference between this MiG-35 and the MiG-35 is the Zhuk-ME electronically scanned slotted planar array radar instead of the Zhuk-AE AESA. The rest is exactly the same and the most advanced available MiG to date sine the Zhuk-AE is still not available. But it has missile approach warning system, EW, EWS, advanced cockpit and avionics suite and will fire the R-27, R-73 & R-77-1.
50 +/- units and they really should be supplemented with another 50 to make a sound 100 total. So I would say it's pretty good, just will have a bit of a tough time working in efficient cohesion with the other 2.

Well, they could dismount the turrets from the vehicles and park those turrets e.g. on the corners where weapon stations were planned. Of atop the rear of the island structure. These turrets aren't that big.

2265.jpg

Avenger_image.jpg

http://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/new-life-for-avenger/

Why didn't I thinK of that?! :-) That's a great idea. Only thing is, how much of an operation is it to disconnect the entire turret, including all the wiring and fire control system and then mount it on the deck corners and would you be able to easily install the same fire control system -- that I'm assuming is in the HUMVEE -- onto the Mistral so it can operate properly and be easily disconnected again to make room for the new and eventual CIWS? Is it more involved once you take the turret off the vehicle and now you need a different control station? Or is it autonomous/automatic? I'm not too familiar with the operating procedures of the Avenger. Just wondering if your idea would be feasible without going through a lot of new wiring headaches and the functioning system behind it so that it would be worth it. I think they're getting the Pantsir (if I'm not mistaken) or one of the Russian systems so it would have to be temporary. But I like the idea.

BTW, that pic of the Mistral you posted is wild. That water displacement is rather unique It seems as though the photo was taken once the bow had lifted from the rough, seas and snapped exactly went it dropped back down and you have that large splashing pushing away from the sides in all directions, not just towards the back as it normally would. Impressive photo, and ship!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom