What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

upload_2017-7-10_11-48-5.jpeg

K-9 155 mm self propelled howitzer

The main weapon is the 155mm / 52 calibre gun. It has a burst rate of fire of three rounds per 15 seconds and a maximum rate of fire of six to eight rounds a minute for three minutes. Sustained rate of fire is two to three rounds a minute for one hour. The K9 Thunder is designed to meet the up-to-date tactical concept on shoot and scoot.

The gun can fire a standard M107 high-explosive (HE) projectile for a maximum range of 18km.

Maximum range firing the HE rocket assisted projectile (RAP) with uni-charge of five zones, is 30 km. It can also fire a K307 projectile with a modular-charge of six zones for a maximum range of over 40 km

The Hanwha ER 155mm has a range of 60 km

upload_2017-7-10_22-54-56.jpeg

This video is full of nice info..

Last edited:

@MICA Your post is empty, bro. Is that not in Egypt? It looks like it but it seems quick that it's there since they expected the contract to be signed later this year, for Egypt and Turkey.

Great pics, SC. :tup:
The one of the Rafale on the previous page, is that an Egyptian one?

it's here for testing only

I thought so. I didn't think they were delivered yet because it's too soon. I was surprised at first to hear they were thinking of replacing the M-109, but it makes sense considering how old they are. I think if it's there and being tested, chances are they will sign the contract for it.

I thought so. I didn't think they were delivered yet because it's too soon. I was surprised at first to hear they were thinking of replacing the M-109, but it makes sense considering how old they are. I think if it's there and being tested, chances are they will sign the contract for it.

The M109 must be replaced the "real" fire rate of it and it's maintenance are really bad

The M109 must be replaced the "real" fire rate of it and it's maintenance are really bad

And the range of the K-9 Thunder is over double that of the M-109. We should also have a lot more than 200 units, closer to 700 or 800 to have effective cover. But they are $4 million a piece lol.

A newer pic of 811 but still the same angle and action.

213061.jpg

Back
Top Bottom