What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Need to empower the F-16 fleet and a much larger number of Rafales than 36. But then what happens if the enemy is using western equipment and is the favored by the western powers?

It's a tough question. The answer certainly isn't do what you have always done though because for all this talk about needing to close the gap on the Israelis they've been getting further ahead because of our own strategic mistakes.

Russia officially signs two contracts with Egypt for the supply of K-52 Katran helicopters and combat systems to two Mistral this year.

upload_2017-7-5_23-21-4.jpeg

Plus the news of the T-90 SM (this is the only model available, Russia doesn't make the S and K models anymore.. the same story of the Mig-29 or Mig-35, anyway in all cases it will have advanced features..)

upload_2017-7-5_22-52-59.jpeg

Last edited:
Russian MiG-35 fighter uses radar of the last generation

upload_2017-7-6_19-43-55.jpeg

Russia's Fazotron is designing a radar for MiG-35, using state-of-the-art technology.

"The radar will be ready for production in batches at the end of this year," a source at the company said, adding that "the latest generation technology and all the expertise accumulated by Fazotron to date have been used when designing and manufacturing the radar."

https://arabic.rt.com/technology/887163-مقاتلة-ميغ-35-الروسية-تتزود-برادار-طوري/

@Gomig-21

This coincides with the first deliveries of the Egyptian Mig-35 at the end of this year.. what do you make of it?

PS: There is no point of getting the Migs if R-77was not included, So i think it is included in the deal.. Egypt can not accept anything missing as with F-16s!

That'a very good point. Let's hope it's the R-77-1.

That'a very good point. Let's hope it's the R-77-1.
What about the AESA radar to be ready at the end of this year?
click the link in post # 3665..
i am quite surprised, everyone was saying it won't happen before 2019!!

@Gomig-21

This coincides with the first deliveries of the Egyptian Mig-35 at the end of this year.. what do you make of it?

Are they referring to the Zhuk-AE? If they are, I think by then they'll already have the Zhuk-ME installed in the MiG's that are ready for the EAF. How many is unclear. Would they install a newer version on the remaining ones? Kinda weird timing, TBH.

What about the AESA radar to be ready at the end of this year?
click the link in post # 3665..
i am quite surprised, everyone was saying it won't happen before 2019!!

I think that @MICA or @Frogman had mentioned that they already settled for and ordered 46 Zhuk-ME's for the the entire batch. I doubt by then they would change them. And how many aircraft would be all ready for delivery by then?

Are they referring to the Zhuk-AE? If they are, I think by then they'll already have the Zhuk-ME installed in the MiG's that are ready for the EAF. How many is unclear. Would they install a newer version on the remaining ones? Kinda weird timing, TBH.

I think that @MICA or @Frogman had mentioned that they already settled for and ordered 46 Zhuk-ME's for the the entire batch. I doubt by then they would change them. And how many aircraft would be all ready for delivery by then?
It can't be anything else than the Zhuk-AE..I heard that they have ordered 22 or 24 Zhuk-ME.. but all this was done when the news talked about the Zhuk-AE and put the date at 2019.. note that Egypt has not received any Mig yet.. so it might be possible that second batch of 22/24 (or a bit more since 52 is the right total number) remaining would have had the AESA radar.. but now that it is almost ready in 6 months time.. I don't know if the EAF will wait or not..knowing that the Zhuk-ME is also excellent, but the EAF has stated that it will settle only for the best and latest!!!

It can't be anything else than the Zhuk-AE..

Yep, "جوك-آ" is at least the Zhuk-A. :D

I heard that they have ordered 22 or 24 Zhuk-ME.. but all this was done when the news talked about the Zhuk-AE and put the date at 2019.. note that Egypt has not received any Mig yet.. so it might be possible that second batch of 22/24 (or a bit more since 52 is the right total number) remaining would have had the AESA radar.. but now that it is almost ready in 6 months time.. I don't know if the EAF will wait or not..knowing that the Zhuk-ME is also excellent, but the EAF has stated that it will settle only for the best and latest!!!

I don't know, bro. I'd love to be as optimistic as you (that's a great quality, BTW :-)) but you know me, Mr. Pessimist. I think it was just bad timing. If they really wanted the AESA, they should've insisted on all the airframes with them and waited. They had to know the timeline on the production of the radars and if it was only a year, why not wait for that if the AESA is that much of a difference maker? This might be an indication that the ME isn't a slouch either. But I can tell you all the Russian fanboys in the circuit were completely bummed out when they heard their batch of MiG-35's would also have the ME. I believe that has also changed recently, but hard to tell. All the info coming out of there is so unreliable. The jump to the AESA is just that much better and they really should have insisted and waited.

Also the number of aircraft is conflicting. Most info I've read indicate 46 units, some say 50 and others 52. I would just like to see some more high res photos and of different angles. It would also be nice to know how many of the two camos.

Yep, "جوك-آ" is at least the Zhuk-A. :D

I don't know, bro. I'd love to be as optimistic as you (that's a great quality, BTW :-)) but you know me, Mr. Pessimist. I think it was just bad timing. If they really wanted the AESA, they should've insisted on all the airframes with them and waited. They had to know the timeline on the production of the radars and if it was only a year, why not wait for that if the AESA is that much of a difference maker? This might be an indication that the ME isn't a slouch either. But I can tell you all the Russian fanboys in the circuit were completely bummed out when they heard their batch of MiG-35's would also have the ME. I believe that has also changed recently, but hard to tell. All the info coming out of there is so unreliable. The jump to the AESA is just that much better and they really should have insisted and waited.

Also the number of aircraft is conflicting. Most info I've read indicate 46 units, some say 50 and others 52. I would just like to see some more high res photos and of different angles. It would also be nice to know how many of the two camos.
The numbers are officially 46 plus 6 dual seater gifted (just like the gifted Molina class missile Ship).. that makes it 52 in total..
Anyhow, some of the EAF Migs will have the AESA radar, sooner or later, and that is good news..

The numbers are officially 46 plus 6 dual seater gifted (just like the gifted Molina class missile Ship).. that makes it 52 in total..

Ok, I'm going to hold you to it, SC! $5 if it doesn't end up being 52, deal? :enjoy:

Ok, I'm going to hold you to it, SC! $5 if it doesn't end up being 52, deal? :enjoy:
OK.. official 46 paid for, all single seat and 6 dual seat gifted by Russia.. remember that this deal also financed the Mig plant who was on the verge of collapse.. So win/win again..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom