What's new

Egyptian Armed Forces

Egyptian Air Force F-16s arrive in the KSA for Ex Northern Thunder

EAF1.jpg

NT5.jpg

Last edited:
Egyptian Air Force 292nd "Sniper" Tactical Fighter Wing flying out of Cairo West Air Force Base with the F-16 Block 52

292TFW.JPG

The squadron information hasn't been released yet except for one...

The 95th "Agressors" Squadron

292.jpg

Agressor squadrons mimic enemy tactics for training purposes (dissimilar air combat training).

The 292nd has combat experience over Libya even though it was only introduced recently.

EAF4.jpg

As requested by MICA, here's a tentative spread of upcoming Rafale deliveries for Egypt.

The 4th to 6th planes, all DMs, were delivered at the end of January making a total of 6 so far.
18 remain to be received.

This year, France will only get one Rafale M ( and a revision on a problematic one from last year ).
Qatar deliveries will only begin in mid-2018. At 11 planes made per year, this leaves 9 or 10.
All of these should then go to Misr AF although only 5 were initially planned.

2017 would thus see a remainder at 8 to 9 aircrafts. That year however, it is likely that the 3 Raffys
that were taken out of the AdlA's order book would be reversed to ensure that the next Nuclear
squadron is raised within proper time frame.
However, this schedule is further muddled by an imprecise repartition of the leftover from the 26 planes
French order for the 2015-2019 period.

My guess until we get a confirmation ( @halloweene might be able to provide that ) is then :
- 8 and not 5 this year leaving 5 minimum to be sent to Egypt in 2016;
- 8 at least next year, 2017 for a total of 19;
- and thus 5 in 2018 with Qatar "picking up the slack" afterwards.
This would fit the announced 2019 resuming of deliveries to the French forces.

One caveat though, 2018 is the year of the F3R standard arrival. Is this going to impact the above timetable?
If the hiking of the production line tempo already underway sees results by that date, the Egyptian deal
should be respected in full along the lines of what I just surmised.

Have a great day all, Tay.

As requested by MICA, here's a tentative spread of upcoming Rafale deliveries for Egypt.

The 4th to 6th planes, all DMs, were delivered at the end of January making a total of 6 so far.
18 remain to be received.

This year, France will only get one Rafale M ( and a revision on a problematic one from last year ).
Qatar deliveries will only begin in mid-2018. At 11 planes made per year, this leaves 9 or 10.
All of these should then go to Misr AF although only 5 were initially planned.

2017 would thus see a remainder at 8 to 9 aircrafts. That year however, it is likely that the 3 Raffys
that were taken out of the AdlA's order book would be reversed to ensure that the next Nuclear
squadron is raised within proper time frame.
However, this schedule is further muddled by an imprecise repartition of the leftover from the 26 planes
French order for the 2015-2019 period.

My guess until we get a confirmation ( @halloweene might be able to provide that ) is then :
- 8 and not 5 this year leaving 5 minimum to be sent to Egypt in 2016;
- 8 at least next year, 2017 for a total of 19;
- and thus 5 in 2018 with Qatar "picking up the slack" afterwards.
This would fit the announced 2019 resuming of deliveries to the French forces.

One caveat though, 2018 is the year of the F3R standard arrival. Is this going to impact the above timetable?
If the hiking of the production line tempo already underway sees results by that date, the Egyptian deal
should be respected in full along the lines of what I just surmised.

Have a great day all, Tay.

first thanks for your effort @Taygibay

some sources stated that we will get another 4 late this year and it will be like 6 every year till early 2019 , but that's not 100% credible , why would the F3R delay the delivery schedule it's not that huge upgrade from the current F3.4.

everything would be solved if Dassault produce more fighters per year.

Dassault is ramping up production discretely but that takes 2-3 years due to uphill sourcing.

The F3R is only a potential slot stealer if the AdlA wants it introduced ASAP.
But if it does, then birds will be out for it and compete with deliveries somewhat?

Have a great evening my friend, Tay.

Last edited:
French nuke carrier for sea-air drill with Egypt ahead of Libya offensive

The French nuclear-powered aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle is steaming through the Red Sea on its way to the Mediterranean via the Suez Canal for joint maneuvers with the Egyptian navy in preparation for a reduced coalition offensive against Islamic State’s deepening grip on Libya. DEBKAfile’s military sources, reporting this, say it will be the Egyptian navy’s first joint exercise with a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier; and also the first drill to be conducted by the new Egyptian missile frigate Tahya Misr

Many years later, one can see the results of the botched attempt to subjugate and dominate the
Arab League by the then leader of that given neighbour ( coupled with extreme Islamism ).

Glad we can help as immemorial coeds of that most unique of seas, the Mediterranean, Tay.

LOL MICA my friend, when I saw that second picture, I had to do a double take on the flag because at first,
I thought it was one of ours, so used to it ... but no it was the Tahya Misr!

Very nice ship, ;) you guys have excellent taste and sport her gallantly!

I'll check for more pics later, great evening all, Tay

LOL MICA my friend, when I saw that second picture, I had to do a double take on the flag because at first,
I thought it was one of ours, so used to it ... but no it was the Tahya Misr!

Very nice ship, ;) you guys have excellent taste and sport her gallantly!

I'll check for more pics later, great evening all, Tay

you can sadly tell the deference by the lack of the 2 Nettuno 4100 ECM :(

Ah! Chut! Ne soit pas rabat-joie! Next upgrade?
Tay.

je ne suis pas pessimiste , but with the current fremm specs i have respect more for the gowind 2500 than the fremm , even the italian fremm makes more sense than ours

on the bright side , the Rafale is awesome

Here, this will cheer you up :

Bonjour chez vous mec, Tay.

Back
Top Bottom