What's new

Egypt likely to get F-15s: CENTCOM chief

Turkey is often trying to steal Egypt Oil and Gas off the shore of Egpy using some pan-turkish ideology so Egypt, Greece and Saudi punish Turks and Turks now the black sheep of the West.
It is not Turkey that stole the EEZ fields that should belong to Egypt. You are a complete dumb. Or you are deliberately lying even though your claim has been answered many times. Which pan-Turkist entity in the Eastern Mediterranean are you talking about? Dumbs like you are turning this forum into a garbage.

86929_118339623_2791138387822966_5840339026209766742_o_1598885533482.jpg

Egyptian air force may become the best in the region. But who is the enemy?

It's mostly a modernization of the air force. Getting rid of the MiG-21s and F-7s and replacing them with more advanced and modern aircraft.

I don't think Egypt has anymore enemies after the friendship treaty with Israel :unsure:

People always think Israel, Israel, Israel. That place is not the concern anymore and hasn't been for a long time. Once Libya and then Syria were practically destroyed, Egypt needed to augment its entire military to send the deterring message.

Egyptian air force may become the best in the region. But who is the enemy? I don't think Egypt has anymore enemies after the friendship treaty with Israel :unsure:
Israel is a big enough problem. I know your question is on which purpose, but I suggest you go and review an Israeli air force inventory first.

In addition, Egypt is a country of 100 million people and historically one of the 4 main pillars of Islamic geography. In other words, it is a necessity to have an effective military force in any case.

Israel is a big enough problem. I know your question is on which purpose, but I suggest you go and review an Israeli air force inventory first.

In addition, Egypt is a country of 100 million people and historically one of the 4 main pillars of Islamic geography. In other words, it is a necessity to have an effective military force in any case.
.. and what would that be?!

Some people are genuinely unaware about parts of the world that they don't have a particular interest on. When I see that a country is buying such huge quantities of military hardware with no apparent enemies, I wonder what the purpose would be. Unlike many in this forum, I think buying arms without purpose is just wasting money. :coffee:

Turkey is often trying to steal Egypt Oil and Gas off the shore of Egpy using some pan-turkish ideology so Egypt, Greece and Saudi punish Turks and Turks now the black sheep of the West.

ok, show us when this happened? Stupid troll are you nothing more...

are you a false flagger?

Egyptian air force may become the best in the region. But who is the enemy? I don't think Egypt has anymore enemies after the friendship treaty with Israel :unsure:

never

İsrael has stealth F35s and great EW technology with AEWC and network centric warfare capability ... also great Cruise Missile fire power and air defense umbrella

Turkiye will have MIUS unmanned stealth Fighter Jet by 2025 , TFX air superiority Fighter Jet by 2029
and great EW technology with AEWC and network centric warfare capability .... also great Cruise Missile fire power and air defense umbrella

Turkiye and İsrael have their own defense Industry to produce weapons
on the other hand , Egypt can not produce even BVR a2a missile , Cruise missile , Air Defense Missile .. Egyptian Airforce lacks BVR and Cruise Missiles

enemy is not İsrael
Egypt is arming against Turkiye

Last edited:
never

İsrael has stealth F35s and great EW technology with AEWC and network centric warfare capability ... also great Cruise Missile fire power and air defense umbrella

Turkiye will have MIUS unmanned stealth Fighter Jet by 2025 , TFX air superiority Fighter Jet by 2029
and great EW technology with AEWC and network centric warfare capability .... also great Cruise Missile fire power and air defense umbrella

Turkiye and İsrael have their own defense Industry to produce weapons
on the other hand , Egypt can not produce even BVR a2a missile , Cruise missile , Air Defense Missile .. Egyptian Airforce lacks BVR and Cruise Missiles

enemy is not İsrael
Egypt is arming against Turkiye
Ah, yes. I forgot that Israel has F-35.

I did not know about frictions between Egypt and Turkey. This thread has been an illumination :)

“...In the case of Egypt, uhh- I think we have good news, and that we are gonna provide them with F-15s, which was a long, hard slog...”
Such were the words of Gen. McKenzie, the CENTCOM commander, today.

This comes as Egypt likely forgets about Russian Su-35s and orders 30 more Rafales with constant rumors of an F-16 armament package [Check this].

Egypt had requested around 150 F-15 fighters in the 80s, as well as an undisclosed number of F-15Es at the beginning of the 21st century.

It’s unclear how many F-15s Egypt is willing to acquire, at what costs and of what variant - that’s likely to be revealed soon.

Updates

Post in thread 'F-15s for Egypt: “It took too long”' https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/f-15s-for-egypt-it-took-too-long.737617/post-13631486
Right when even the Emiratis are closing in on F-35s and IDF already flies 50 or so? This makes little sense in the face of adversarial capabilities. These F-15s will be sitting ducks in terms of the threats the EAF faces.

The Israelis are unlikely to go on the offensive in the modern day, at the past they were convinced of dangerous military buildup by Egypt in the Sinai or Egypt’s support of cross border raids etc. now their public is much more aware, especially after the invasion of Lebanon in 1982.
Egypt looks for development, that’s the prime goal for more than 10 years now, and for many to come. Egypt isn’t to be challenged in terms of Economy or Military, not in Eastern Africa, not in the Levante or Arabia, not in the Eastern Med.
For now, Egypt is very influential in Libya, remains very influential for Sudan, plans ahead African development (Egypt’s gov already builds a dam in Tanzania, contributes to UN Peacekeeping efforts in African states, is the main funding source of the African Union), oversees oil shipping from the Gulf to the West and is also awarded infrastructural contracts in Iraq and Libya.
These have been under the noses of other countries.

Egypt isn't arming herself against anyone right now. Egypt is modernizing her army because during Mubarak's era he neglected too much the army leaving them with no advance equipment and he didn't find a solution for our F-16 fleet which is without AIM-120 so instead of buying more Mirage 2K he bought more Mig-21, J-7 and F-16. Plus he didn't lobby to much with the Congress and today we don't have that influence like the Israeli's. The equipments during Mubarak was obsolete but today not at all. We are modernizing so we can have the same power as KSA Israel Turkey UAE etc...

Why not buy AEW or AWACS instead of more jets? F-15s sound nice but without significant electronic warfare and early warning capabilities, EAF will remain a second tier air force.

Why not buy AEW or AWACS instead of more jets? F-15s sound nice but without significant electronic warfare and early warning capabilities, EAF will remain a second tier air force.

EAF has 8 of these E-2C all upgraded to the 2000 standard and now looking at the D upgrade. Been using these for a while, now, and they have other platforms for electronic warfare etc. I really can't imagine how people like you think this is some childish operation and that they wouldn't have any AEW or AWACs. Honestly, it's unfriggin believable!!!!

1647639487305.png

1647639823209.png

That patch on the right shoulder of the instructor on the left is 2000 hours in the F-16.

1647639878446.png

Right when even the Emiratis are closing in on F-35s and IDF already flies 50 or so? This makes little sense in the face of adversarial capabilities. These F-15s will be sitting ducks in terms of the threats the EAF faces.
Apparently a similar offer was made to Pakistan in return for abandoning a few programs. But that is tangential

Egypt bought S300VM , BUK , T-90 , KA-52 , MIG-29M2 , SU-35 from Russia

and Turkiye bought just S400 from Russia , because USA did not sell PATRIOT to Turkiye

1647688510535.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom