What's new

Egypt Buys TOR BUK M2 Already in Service

Canons on a Turkish gun boat during the Ottoman empire. It shows to an imam sitting with the gunners. They ruled the seas, no doubt about it!
Ah yes of course...they were a super power after all.

The very same way the US and other airforces around the world benefit from training with other airforces who aren't flying state of the art aircraft because 'tactics' and 'training' are independent of equipment. Otherwise if hadn't any experience we wouldn't have come so close to the US Carrier in training with our Mirages from the '60s when the US was sporting the likes of the F-15s on their Carrier.

I think @Rashid Mahmood - who is a former Pakistan Navy Officer - would be better able to tell you how even operating an old Trench Class Sub (PNS Ghazi) accrued to us enormous amounts of experience that went into bettering our Subwarefare when we got better subs.

PNS Ghazi's induction in the Pakistan Navy started our submarine program, which eventually led to our expertise in submarine operations over a period of decades.....'65 & '71 both saw submarine action which was evident that how we utilized an old platform and got the best out of it.

PNS Ghazi's induction in the Pakistan Navy started our submarine program, which eventually led to our expertise in submarine operations over a period of decades.....'65 & '71 both saw submarine action which was evident that how we utilized an old platform and got the best out of it.

Rashid Bhai you're a retired Naval Officer and @Neptune was training to be a Naval Officer so I don't know much in front of you guys but to me it seemed that successfully operating a Sub in War, even if it were an older platform, must've accrued some invaluable experience to the Pakistan Navy that should give it an edge when compared with other navies even if they operate a newer class of submarine ! And its not as if the learning stopped - Surely the experience gained from operating the Trench Class in '65 and '71 would've followed through when we got the Agostas; perhaps even develop Subwarefare tactics that were intensely Pakistani in their design.

A little like how our boys in the Airforce have acquitted themselves very well when training with foreign air forces even when they're flying relatively older technologies like the F-7s or the Mirages !

Rashid Bhai you're a retired Naval Officer and @Neptune was training to be a Naval Officer so I don't know much in front of you guys but to me it seemed that successfully operating a Sub in War, even if it were an older platform, must've accrued some invaluable experience to the Pakistan Navy that should give it an edge when compared with other navies even if they operate a newer class of submarine ! And its not as if the learning stopped - Surely the experience gained from operating the Trench Class in '65 and '71 would've followed through when we got the Agostas; perhaps even develop Subwarefare tactics that were intensely Pakistani in their design.

A little like how our boys in the Airforce have acquitted themselves very well when training with foreign air forces even when they're flying relatively older technologies like the F-7s or the Mirages !

Exactly....
We gained valuable experience from Ghazi.....and yes we developed our own tactics based on our experience in '65 & '71.

Back
Top Bottom