What's new

Egypt Buys Rafale and FREMM

@Frogman leave all politics aside. Please tell me if Egypt is buying the latest Rafale model? The one France is offering to India but India is not willing to buy. Also, is there an option for more aircraft as I believe 24 wont be enough.

@Frogman leave all politics aside. Please tell me if Egypt is buying the latest Rafale model? The one France is offering to India but India is not willing to buy. Also, is there an option for more aircraft as I believe 24 wont be enough.

Egypt is going for the F3R tranche which is the latest one. There's talk about 24 after the final delivery but that isn't official, so we will have to wait and see.

@That Guy

I asked you for some proof. Not conspiracy theories or rumors that you or others have invented for the occasion. I am yet to see any proof of KSA financing this deal even with 1 Riyal. Besides KSA would openly admit such a financial support as usual.

So the conclusion is easy for me.

Great Aircraft To Great Country :-)

Congrats Egypt !

:enjoy:

Thanks bro.

No problem. Feel free to ask for more translations in the future.:)

Some GCC countries have pledged to help Egypt financially to leverage its economy, since a stable , more powerful Egypt is in the interest of the whole region . This was in the news a few months ago, it was about a few billion $.
The other possibilities for Egypt's relying on own defense budget are there too, if one thinks of the US military assistance program of 1.5$ billion per year that Egypt was receiving for the last 3 decades, one can easily deduce that Egypt have saved some defense money for future procurements, maybe 10, 20 or even 30 billion dollars. Some of the money can be at hand and most have been invested in military, civilian and infrastructure projects that bare fruit. Egypt has always been smart, and this time is not just an exception.
Many more surprises will come from Egypt, not only in armament procurements, but production too.

Some GCC countries have pledged to help Egypt financially to leverage its economy, since a stable , more powerful Egypt is in the interest of the whole region . This was in the news a few months ago, it was about a few billion $.
The other possibilities for Egypt's relying on own defense budget are there too, if one thinks of the US military assistance program of 1.5$ billion per year that Egypt was receiving for the last 3 decades, one can easily deduce that Egypt have saved some defense money for future procurements, maybe 10, 20 or even 30 billion dollars. Some of the money can be at hand and most have been invested in military, civilian and infrastructure projects that bare fruit. Egypt has always been smart, and this time is not just an exception.
Many more surprises will come from Egypt, not only in armament procurements, but production too.
Egypt could not have pulled it off without the help of the GCC. Its easy to see it, the Aljazeera journalits were releazed that is proof enough...Then, there is the Houdhis that took over Yemen that send chills over The GCC, which made them more pliant to give Egypt the fund they needed and to have the latter protect them against a Shia overrun of the area.

I know that Egypt and other GCC countries don't have guts to go after Israel
Its not matter of "guts", simply Egypt and Israel have absolutely no reason to go at war with each other.

but I just wanted a technological comparison of both air forces after recent purchased of Egypt.
I gave some analysis here:
Egypt Buys Rafale and FREMM | Page 7

Currently Egypt has big number of F-16C, but without BVR capability, 19 Mirage 2000 have old SARH missiles. 26 Rafales will provide EAF with advanced BVR and stand off land attack capability. But this number is way too small to compete with nearly 300 Israeli F-16C/F-15.

Egypt will produce a 100 or so BVR capable JF-17 variant, if not the J-10 or J-31. That will be will more than enough with 50 Rafales, 50 Mig 29M/35, 60 Mirrage 2000-9, plus the 250 F-16s with no BVR!? to tackle any possible challenge...

Egypt will produce a 100 or so BVR capable JF-17 variant, if not the J-10 or J-31. That will be will more than enough with 50 Rafales, 50 Mig 29M/35, 60 Mirrage 2000-9, plus the 250 F-16s with no BVR!? to tackle any possible challenge...

I think Egypt will produce 100000 bvr capable jf17, 5000 rafale and also 500 submarines and frigates each.

Its not matter of "guts", simply Egypt and Israel have absolutely no reason to go at war with each other.

I gave some analysis here:
Egypt Buys Rafale and FREMM | Page 7

Currently Egypt has big number of F-16C, but without BVR capability, 19 Mirage 2000 have old SARH missiles. 26 Rafales will provide EAF with advanced BVR and stand off land attack capability. But this number is way too small to compete with nearly 300 Israeli F-16C/F-15.

Why Egypt did not opted to upgrade / MLU its existing M2k & F-16 fleet to 4+ gen fighter level, they have plenty of those and if all upgraded to 4+ gen standard with help from US of European country then they may not need new jet till arrival of F-35s in the market to full production level.

It just a matter of time to know more details re. the military deal with Russia ..
We are expecting Mig-29 M/M2 , some are more optimistic relying on many reports which talk about Mig-35 , Su-35

I can't wait to see the feedback and reaction from people whom are interested , when the magic is done !!

btw , all links re. the Russian deals are in the Egyptian-armed-forces.thread

Yeah its way to open so much so there is no end to Rafale deal in sight. I mean Indians have become a joke really. They couldnt close the deal after 3 years of negotiations or whatever you call it.

Again you are not understanding the real point. India is interested in Rafale fighter planes but want guarantees.

Egypt does have AIM-120 which is a BVR weapon. Correct me if I m wrong here. Isnt it the same missile that Israel also has on its F-16s?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom