What's new

Egypt Buys Rafale and FREMM

Egyptian Rafale deal could be financed by as much as 50 percent through a credit facility arranged by French credit insurer Coface according to some reports.

It means that other NATO member countries will take financial burden for its influence and security. United states have done the most for the NATO alliance.

Egyptian Rafale deal could be financed by as much as 50 percent through a credit facility arranged by French credit insurer Coface according to some reports.

It means that other NATO member countries will take financial burden for its influence and security. United states have done the most for the NATO alliance.
what happened with you guys ?! man its taking ages lol
will the deal go through ? or india is considering other options ?
i got another question. india is a member in BRICS
so why did they go for the rafal why didn't they work with russian technology to improve ?
does your new president have other plans than BRICS ? specially when he invited obama to the military parade.
off topic i know. if there is a thread about this topic tag me and answer me there

what happened with you guys ?! man its taking ages lol
will the deal go through ? or india is considering other options ?
i got another question. india is a member in BRICS
so why did they go for the rafal why didn't they work with russian technology to improve ?
does your new president have other plans than BRICS ? specially when he invited obama to the military parade.
off topic i know. if there is a thread about this topic tag me and answer me there

Republic of India is always having options but the policy adopted by Indian military planners is always open.

In Sep 2014 , quarter of India’s Mirage 2000 fleet were grounded because a contract for spares for years stuck because of the bureaucracy and Indian military planners doesnt want the same things to be repeated with 126 Rafale fighters.

BRICS is an economic block which some countries says its a counter to EU block because of thier issues.

Republic of India has faced similar problems of spare parts with the Russian fighter planes and this is the main reason that India is working to not go through the same.

President Obama visit was infact important for India and United States relations.

Last edited:
Guys my question to @500 was from a technical point not a conspiracy one.
After all purchases where it will bring Egypt's air force with Israeli air force in terms of tech?
Egypt is not considered as adversary by the IDF + Israel already ordered 33 F-35s.

I think the prime role of 26 Egyptian Rafales will be a deep strike capability, similar to 25 Israeli F-15I.

Egypt is not considered as adversary by the IDF + Israel already ordered 33 F-35s.

I think the prime role of 26 Egyptian Rafales will be a deep strike capability, similar to 25 Israeli F-15I.
I read sme where that Rafale is an omni-fighter what the omni fighter if know thanks.

Also this plane can do it's job either as air superiority or as a bomber thee french done excelent job.

Israel going for 5th generation F-35 (and maybe F-22 in future) and Egypt got stuck with Rafael. Would it not be better for them to invest in Chinese/Russian 5th generation fighter program? But hey, their money (Saudi donation), there decision. I only wish if it was possible to buy someone some common sense too.

Israel going for 5th generation F-35 (and maybe F-22 in future)
they r gonna get only f-35 current plan is to have over a 100
f22 is off limits
Egypt got stuck with Rafael
not really they got no other option
sukhoi t-50 will not be available for export untill 2018-20
Would it not be better for them to invest in Chinese/Russian 5th generation fighter program?
they will end up buying from russia when t-50 will be available

I don't think Pakistan is as much trusted ally as Egypt because KSA have never helped Pakistan as they have did it with Egypt. Did KSA purchased tanks or jets from Pakistan or they did JV do build advance variants of tanks and jets?? Did they finance any major fighter jet deal for Pakistan, no.

Saudi Arabia did help Pakistan finance a deal for Mirages back in 1960s.

they r gonna get only f-35 current plan is to have over a 100
f22 is off limits

not really they got no other option
sukhoi t-50 will not be available for export untill 2018-20

they will end up buying from russia when t-50 will be available
Egypt is Israel's toe licker, a mere satellite; why she nees to buy Rafaels in the first place? Wont it be better to use this money for the betterment of her royally screwed up public and wait until the time was right to go for 5th generation fighters?

Saudi Arabia did help Pakistan finance a deal for Mirages back in 1960s.
And Pakistan went for something that could stand against MiG-21 and Su-7. Point is not whether you got financial assistance, but judicial use of it.

Your "reality" is definitely another reality from that of most other people it seems.

KSA has not financed this deal with even 1 Riyal once again.

KSA financed your nuclear program when everybody else (almost) had sanctioned you. As well as your military sector.

KSA has always helped Pakistan whenever you were hit by floods or earthquakes. KSA welcomes around 1 million Pakistanis currently that are sending billions of dollars of remittances back home that whole families, towns and villages depend on.

You are being ungrateful for no reason. KSA is not even a neighbor yet never hesitated to stand by Pakistan.

If I am to be honest then KSA has helped Pakistan more than vice versa (if money is the measure) but when you are friendly or allies you don't think like that.

We are off-topic anyway despite there being two threads about this news.

Why don't you use another thread to bullshit about KSA? There are tons of such threads on PDF to use for that purpose after all where ignorants can roam around freely spreading their nonsense and hatred while never even encountering a Saudi Arabian in their life or ever visiting KSA. It seems that everyone is an expert on KSA.

If you have a problem with the leaders of KSA then insult them instead. The common man and woman is not responsible for all that you blame KSA for.

No one is ungrateful dear, its just a discussion. Dont get worked up. People in Pakistan are upset because money from Middle East influential is being used to fund sectarian conflicts. This is a fact which you sitting in Saudi Arabia dont understand. Anyway I dont want to derail the thread.

Republic of India is always having options but the policy adopted by Indian military planners is always open.

In Sep 2014 , quarter of India’s Mirage 2000 fleet were grounded because a contract for spares for years stuck because of the bureaucracy and Indian military planners doesnt want the same things to be repeated with 126 Rafale fighters.

BRICS is an economic block which some countries says its a counter to EU block because of thier issues.

Republic of India has faced similar problems of spare parts with the Russian fighter planes and this is the main reason that India is working to not go through the same.

President Obama visit was infact important for India and United States relations.

Yeah its way to open so much so there is no end to Rafale deal in sight. I mean Indians have become a joke really. They couldnt close the deal after 3 years of negotiations or whatever you call it.

Egypt is Israel's toe licker, a mere satellite; why she nees to buy Rafaels in the first place? Wont it be better to use this money for the betterment of her royally screwed up public and wait until the time was right to go for 5th generation fighters?

And Pakistan went for something that could stand against MiG-21 and Su-7. Point is not whether you got financial assistance, but judicial use of it.
even so those generals need something to show off for public consumption

Israel going for 5th generation F-35 (and maybe F-22 in future) and Egypt got stuck with Rafael. Would it not be better for them to invest in Chinese/Russian 5th generation fighter program? But hey, their money (Saudi donation), there decision. I only wish if it was possible to buy someone some common sense too.
1) Egypt's concern is Ethiopia, not Israel.
2) Chinese/Russian wont be ready before 2020 conflict with Ethiopia can happen much sooner and they hardly match to US 5th gen.
3) SCALP stand off missiles allow u destroy targets from safe range. No need in stealth.
4) During long range strikes with drop tanks stealth will be destroyed anyway.
5) Low RCS, super agility, AESA radars, Meteor missiles - that's huge multiplier for EAF.
6) Its Rafale for god's sake, not Rafael.

This is Rafael:
RafaNadal.jpg

This is Rafale:
Dassault_Rafale.jpg

1) Egypt's concern is Ethiopia, not Israel.
2) Chinese/Russian wont be ready before 2020 conflict with Ethiopia can happen much sooner and they hardly match to US 5th gen.
3) SCALP stand off missiles allow u destroy targets from safe range. No need in stealth.
4) During long range strikes with drop tanks stealth will be destroyed anyway.
5) Low RCS, super agility, AESA radars, Meteor missiles - that's huge multiplier for EAF.
6) Its Rafale for god's sake, not Rafael.

This is Rafael:
RafaNadal.jpg

This is Rafale:
Dassault_Rafale.jpg
I did not know Egypt needs Rafale for Ethiopian conflict. If true, they proved dumber than I thought.

Thanks for correcting the spelling.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom