What's new

Egypt | Army Ousts Mursi govt, violence erupts | News & Discussions

The issue in Egypt is not Muslim Brotherhood or Salafis.

The issue is Democracy. If you abrogate Constitution and derail Democracy through the power of Gun, then you will go back to the Mubarak like Dictatorship and we both know how well that fared.

I agree, the way he was ousted is not right and I didn't like it to happen out of fear of things to get ugly and bloody but thank god it was much easier than we expected, however, electing him as a president was a mistake in the first place. This mistake was committed by simple minded Egyptians who happen to be the majority who as well were carried away with Morsi's religious sentiments. More than 50% of Egyptians are illiterate, so it wasn't surprising to elect an MB president like Morsi.

muslims are not from mars... as somebody pointed out already.. bangladesh, malayasia and indonesia are doing quite well.

Sorry, you just don't get it! Those muslims are NOT Middle Eastern. Put Middle Eastern culture and Islam together= deadly mix.

Not specifically muslims but anyone who when in majority could not tolerate minorities should be kept as much away from democracy as a matchstick from gasoline.

Do you think Egypt was facing Sunni Shia problem?- you wish- :azn:
And how ill infirmed many of you are is hilarious- seriously?-

Unfortunately some Arabs are racist but I consider an Indian Muslim to be my brother as an Arab one. Islam does not care about nationality. There are 2 million Indians in KSA and they are good people by large.

Arabs have different opinions. What Blackeagle probably refers to is that he does not want brotherhood with the Shia Indians who constantly curse us Arabs or provokes him. To be frank then neither do I want anything to do with such individuals. Also first you need to fix your own home before thinking about fixing others homes.

Also Arabs are different depending on the country and even region. It is like thinking that every Pakistani/Indian etc. is the same.

Yes of course Arabs are not homogeneous. What I was trying to say is people from South Asia are called Hindus by the Arabs, irrespective of their religion. Its a racial/geographic term. Like an Arab can be a Christian, Muslim, Jew. Simlarly a Hindu(South Asian) can be a Muslim, Christian or a "Hindu".

Elsisi was already touted as the next commander of the armed forces especially after a bright career in the commandos and then the head of Egyptian military intelligence.
Wasn't he the the youngest member of Supreme Council of armed forces?

Note that those who don't are in a specific region of the world and abound in a specific natural resource......It is true UAE,Qatar,KSA etc has thrieved under dictatorial regimes but it is mostly because their economy is dependent on that natural resource.....When it runs out the system will collapse.....When people start working for their economy the'll start valuing democracy.When my economy depends on my contribution my opinion is what matters!

What about Pakistan ? and some African Muslim countries ?

I agree, the way he was ousted is not right and I didn't like it to happen out of fear of things to get ugly and bloody but thank god it was much easier than we expected, however, electing him as a president was a mistake in the first place. This mistake was committed by simple minded Egyptians who happen to be the majority who as well were carried away with Morsi's religious sentiments. More than 50% of Egyptians are illiterate, so it wasn't surprising to elect an MB president like Morsi.

but after elcting throwing him like this way is much big mistake / democracy must be on track 5 years .

hmmmm I don't know about Pakistanis and Indians. But for Iranians, Egypt is very important, it's the most important Arab country near Iran.

Most of the Indians here represent themselves.

Your current regime is good for India ( khoemani mullah's) but personally i would like to see them fall for sake of good for Iranian people.

Similarly i would like MB to fall for good of Egyptians even though MB is not anti-India.

Why u insist on calling me with your family names I am not related to You.

Of course you are not related to me.

I don't have inbred, Ayatullah brain washed pea brains in my family.

Get a damn life , loser.....

Why should Indians, Pakistanis and Iranians care about this ? We are sitting miles away from Egypt...
A lot of Egyptians work with me, so it will be good time pass 2morrow :P

Obviously you are brain dead from all that nonsense basin washing you get from your Ayatollahs in Iran.

I can't expect any rational thought coming from your Pea Brain.

What argument did you win MORON ? Please Enlighten me.:omghaha:

With all due respect, if you remember you once got me banned for a month for name calling and being disrespectful towards a member. Practice what you preach.

Mesopotamia is not really a place that borders so much coast unlike Hejaz on the coast, nothing wrong with that, Iraq would have more coast if it was unified with other countries like former empires, Kuwait alone would be sufficient but why only Kuwait!
Today there are sunni-shia tensions only if you look past that into history theres much better to achieve.
Superpowers will less likely mess with large countries.

For example this, even though I am not someone that supports SSNP, this sh!t is amazing:D, I dont care if its called Syria, based on the Assyrian empire borders.
greater_syria1.jpg

Hope no one is offended about the annexed parts.

Yes, large historical Arab regions across the Arab world or just the Arabian Peninsula does not have coastline but only marsh like areas, oasis, wadis or small rivers. For example most of the groundwater in Iraq comes from underground rivers from Najd and Hejaz (highlands) and from nearby Iran I believe. The Euphrates and Tigris rivers start in Turkey and in the mountains there to both ultimately flow in the Gulf.

Hejaz has all kind of landscapes. Long tropical coastline, hundreds of islands, high mountains, steppe, desert and green/tropical areas.

Well, I actually believe that the Arab world should unite instead of constantly developing to more smaller regions. People think of dividing Yemen, Iraq and KSA which I find wrong. Now Syria. All that region has a common Semitic past and today the culture is very similar. Just look at Europe. Much more diverse and they are united even though they have kileld each other for 1000 years. Alone WW1 and WW2 they killed 100 million of each other. That is like all of KSA, Iraq and Yemen combined. Just 70 years ago.

That Greater Syria is quite strange. Sinai does not really fit. It is mostly inhabited by Egyptian Bedouins, Israel is out of question, Palestine too I believe, Jordan too.

Cyprus? Not even Arab. Turkish and Greek. What about the Kurdish areas in Syria and Iraq? We can all dream but I believe that it is utopia.

I never knew that countries like Morocco and Algeria hated each other and were enemies. Just look at some of their forums. Surprised me greatly. Just look at all the Arab rivalry constantly.

Even Iraq and Syria were enemies for 30 years despite both being neighbors and ruled by Arab nationalists (Ba'ath).

Qatar and KSA are competing with each other.

Closest to an real union is the GCC I believe.

Anyway the day and age of Arab nationalism (SSNP are Arab nationalist from what I know of) have ended long ago. Syrian nationalism is just Arab nationalism disguised as the philosophy of Greater Sham (Syria/Levant)

Oh, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia just congratulated the Egyptian people.:yay:

Yzd: I still find Qatar annoying. Where did they come from? Are they any different from Saudis living in the Eastern Province? Imagine all the extra oil and gas we could have?

Sorry, you just don't get it! Those muslims are NOT Middle Eastern. Put Middle Eastern culture and Islam together= deadly mix.

sorry, I dont believe you.. middle east is like this just because it has always been so.. its not like they were democracy and people started to prefer autoritarianism..
most countries were like that in last 100 years.. just that ME people never were in a position to decide... one day they will...

Back
Top Bottom