What's new

Earthquake in Karachi ..

According to CNN:

(CNN) -- An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 7.2 struck Wednesday morning in a remote area of southwestern Pakistan, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The earthquake occurred at 1:23 a.m. (3:23 p.m. Tuesday ET) at a depth of 84 kilometers (52 miles). It was centered 45 kilometers (28 miles) west of Dalbandin; 255 kilometers (158 miles) west of Kalat; 310 kilometers (192 miles) east-southeast of Zahedan, Iran; and 1,020 kilometers (633 miles) west-southwest of Islamabad, Pakistan, the USGS said on its website.

USGS initially reported the quake at 7.4. Quakes of 7.0 to 7.9 are classified as major; anything over 8.0 is classified as great.

In Dubai, a reporter said he felt a moderate shaking that lasted for about 30 seconds.

Usman Zahid, a night manager at Serina Hotel in Quetta, Pakistan, felt the quake. He said it was "frightening" and estimated that it lasted about 20 seconds. It caused "broken glass in the kitchen" and caused the chandelier to swing, but caused no major damage, he said.

Twitter accounts in New Delhi, Jaipur and Dehradun -- all in India -- felt the quake. Twitter accounts in Bahrain said they felt the quake.

In Dubai, "I was just getting ready to go to bed," said Leone Lakhani in Dubai. She said she texted her friends in Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.

"It's not uncommon for this region to have earthquakes," said Kurt Frankel of the Georgia Institute of Technology. It is where two tectonic plates come together, he said.

Major earthquake strikes southwestern Pakistan - CNN.com

WASHINGTON — A major 7.2 magnitude earthquake rocked a remote area of southwestern Pakistan early Wednesday, shaking many parts of the country and causing widespread panic, said meteorologists.
The quake was centered in Baluchistan province, the country's most sparsely populated area, said the United States Geological Service. It occured at a depth of some 50 miles (84 kilometers), it said.
Its exact epicenter was in a remote area some 200 miles (320 kilometers) southwest of the Baluchistan capital of Quetta, said chief Pakistani meteorologist Arif Mahmood.

Local TV reports said the quake was felt throughout several provinces. Many residents in the country's largest city, Karachi, ran out into the streets once the quake started, said the reports.
There were no immediate reports of damage, said Mahmood, the meteorologist. But quakes of this strength can cause widespread destruction.
Tremors lasting at least 20 seconds were also felt as far away as Dubai in the United Arab Emirates and in India's capital, New Delhi.

Dalbandin is one of the bases used by US forces currently in Pakistan.

Fcuk man my sister just called me she has felt it to just hope it has not caused any harm to any one and god may protect people where ever it will strike

You have a sis in Karachi /Pak?

The next 6 hours are going to be brutal and will decide our fate, Im not going to sleep. Hope no after shocks.

Please god(if there is one) spare Karachi and Pakistan for once.

hope all safe not in hell sir:frown:

Of course.

But target killings, bomb blasts, floods, war, economic crisis, electricity crisis, political crisis.

All has made it hell, let's hope we regain heaven (Jinnahs Pakistan) soon, InshaAllah.

No offence, please Mods i also believe in god.
But just one question respectfully, Allah pakistan pae kyu rehmat karain?

P.S. I asked this question personally to him because of his views on ST murder.

Hello,

Sorry i was out, i mentioned pakistan coz it is reported in pakistan and didnot u see sub logon it include everybody everywhere
Regarding ST i can answer u about him but won't help this thread but u will not see me saying anything about him accept he should have let the courts take this matter

Regards

Last edited:
Jahan pe khoon Kharabay hon gay, wahan be Salab or Zalzalay ain gay.

Say thou: He is Able to stir up torment on you from above you or from beneath your feet or to confound you by factions and make you taste the violence of one another. Behold! how variously We propound the signs that haply they may understand. Surah Al-Anam Ayah 65

I am still waiting for the aftershocks, my Uncles computer table will be my saviour (actually it works if you cant run outside in time, hide under a doorframe or a strong wooden table).

Lo jee, God abb yaad ageya hai??

Why are you asking God for help if you don't believe in God?

Who don't you ask charles darwin for help!

I guess you havent heard the saying in punjabi???

Jab -dash dash- lagee phatnay to niyaaz lagee batnay. JK

I guess you havent heard the saying in punjabi???

Jab -dash dash- lagee phatnay to niyaaz lagee batnay. JK

yeah i don't speak punjabi, perhaps you can translate into English!

Thanks

yeah i don't speak punjabi, perhaps you can translate into English!

Thanks

Pull my other leg as well why don't you? :no:

I see atleast two Pakistani flags next to your name. I bet you can understand Urdu if nothing else.

Anyway the saying is a bit rude, I heard it from one of the guys and I would never repeat it in public. Go ask someone.:pop:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom