What's new

Duties of a Muslim towards a non-Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.
First you have to define Muslim, before declaring one a non-Muslim.

7th century ? That century saw the greatest society on the face of the earth and the greatest human being to ever walk the face of the earth- Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). For mankind that 7th century Islamic society is the benchmark against which success of all societies to come is to be measured. The more u move away from the 7th century etiquettes, the more corrupt , immoral and dysfunctional society will become.

sure,

the life expectancy was less than 30 years
you could be very well killed in battles or die of infections
no medical facilities for even simple fevers
no good sanitation

yup - lets all go live in 7th century!
I mean - look at the evil we have in the present- with all the vaccinations and the advancements in science
the life expectancy, the relative comforts that our older generation can actually live in
all this needs to go back!

Your arrogance doesn't convince any ''kafir'' to learn more about Islam.
What arrogance? You mean to define word kafir is arrogance? lol
Its process of learning as i was explaining whats the actual meaning of these terms

Lets not make it a India and Pakistani issue.let see it in pure Quranic view for non Muslims.Let me preface my argument by saying that I do not condone or endorse religious disharmony and neither am I anti-muslim. But I do believe that a sincere and intellectually honest discourse about anything cannot be had without a thorough understanding of a phenomenon as it is.
1.Surah (3:151) Aal-Imran
Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the Fire: And evil is the home of the wrong-doers

2. Surah(4:89) Al-Maidah
They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their rank.

3. Surah(8:12) Al-Anfal
Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

4. Surah (9:5) At-Tauba
Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the jiziya, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
5.Surah (9:29) At-Tauba
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

Incredible how much hatred is in those verses. Are they authentic or mistranslated?

Incredible how much hatred is in those verses. Are they authentic or mistranslated?
No, he just quotes these verses out of its historical context which leads to all kinds of error and misunderstanding. He probably got those from some anti-Islam propaganda sites

sh*t .. I am usually right when guessing age.. but got yours wrong completely
ontopic: whats the tl;dr version of op.

And your guess was?

????????? tl;dr version of op?????

Duties of a Muslim towards a non-Muslim - islamqa.info

Praise be to Allaah.

The duty of the Muslim towards a non-Muslim includes a number of things:

Firstly:

Da‘wah or calling him to Allah, may He be glorified and exalted. He should call him to Allah and explain to him the reality of Islam when possible, with regard to whatever issues he has knowledge about, because this is the greatest kindness that he can give to his fellow-citizens and to those whom he meets of Jews, Christians and others who may be mushrikeen (polytheists), because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The one who guides others to goodness will have a reward like that of the one who does it.” And he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said to ‘Ali (may Allah be pleased with him), when he sent him to Khaybar and instructed him to call the Jews to Islam: “By Allah, if Allah were to guide one man through you, that would be better for you than having red camels (the best kind).” And he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever calls others to right guidance will have a reward like that of those who follow him, without that detracting from their reward in the slightest.”

So calling him (the non-Muslim) to Islam, conveying Islam to him and being sincere towards him in that are among the best means of drawing close to Allah.

Secondly:

He should not wrong him, with regard to his physical well being, his wealth or his honour. If he is a dhimmi (non-Muslim living under Muslim rule), musta’man (one who is granted security in a Muslim land) or mu‘aahid (one with whose country the Muslims have a peace deal), then he should give him his due rights, and not transgress against his wealth by stealing, betraying or deceiving, and he should not harm him physically by striking or killing him, because the fact that he is a mu‘aahid or dhimmi, or musta’man, means that he is protected by sharee‘ah.

Thirdly:

There is no reason why we should not interact with him, buying, selling, renting, hiring and so on. It is narrated in saheeh reports that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) bought from kuffaar who were idol worshippers, and he bought from the Jews, and these are interactions. When he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) died, his shield was being held in pledge by a Jew for some food he had bought for his family (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

Fourthly:

With regard to greeting, the Muslim should not initiate the greeting, but he may return it, because the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Do not initiate the greeting of salaam with the Jews or Christians.” And he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “If the people of the Book greet you with salaam (by saying al-salaamu ‘alaykum), say ‘Wa ‘alaykum.’” So the Muslim should not initiate the greeting to a kaafir, but if the kaafir initiates it, and the Jew or Christians etc. greets you with salaam, then you should say “wa ‘alaykum,” as the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said.

These are some of the rights between a Muslim and a kaafir.

Another right is being a good neighbour. So if he is a neighbour, be kind to him and do not annoy him; give charity to him if he is poor, give him gifts, give him beneficial advice, because these are things that will attract him to Islam and to become Muslim; and because the neighbour has rights. The Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Jibreel kept urging me to be kind to my neighbour until I thought that he would make him my heir.” Saheeh - agreed upon. If the neighbour is a kaafir, he still has the rights of a neighbour; if he is both a relative and a kaafir, then he has two rights: the rights of a neighbour and the rights of a relative.

One of the rights of the neighbour is that you should give him charity, but not zakaah, if he is poor, because Allah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity” [al-Mumtahanah 60:8]. According to the saheeh hadeeth narrated from Asma’ bint Abi Bakr (may Allah be pleased with her), her mother, who was a mushrik, entered upon her during the truce between the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and the people of Makkah, seeking help. Asma’ asked the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) for permission - should she uphold ties of kinship with her? The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Uphold ties of kinship with her.”

But with regard to celebrating their festivals, the Muslim should not take part in celebrating their festivals, but there is nothing wrong with offering them condolences if a loved one dies, such as saying “May Allah compensate you in your loss” and other kind words. But he should not say “May Allah forgive him” or “May Allah have mercy on him” if the deceased was a kaafir, and he should not pray for the deceased if he was a kaafir. But he may pray for the one who is alive to be guided and to be compensated and so on. End quote.

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him).

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb, 1/289-291.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@monitor @extra terrestrial @khair_ctg @kalu_miah @Saiful Islam @kobiraaz @Bilal9 @aazidane @asad71 @idune @MBI Munshi @iajdani @Skallagrim @UKBengali @mb444 @fallstuff @the just @Khalid Newazi @Jay12345 @Loki @Al-zakir @Bengal.Tiger @Abdullah Bangladeshi @T-Rex @masud

@Akheilos @Armstrong @balixd @chauvunist @pkuser2k12 @Sedqal @Zarvan @Donatello @Pakistanisage @PWFI @S.U.R.B. @airmarshal @patriotpakistani @Abu Zolfiqar @aks18 @Horus @Chak Bamu @qamar1990 @Musalman @tesla @Arabian Legend @Saif al-Arab @al-Hasani @Al Bhatti @Falcon29 @karakoram @American Pakistani @Hakan @IbnTaymiyyah @TankMan @AXO4D @K-Xeroid @Pakistani sipahi @terry5

@Jamaal Yelmaaz @syedali73 @Rakan.SA @JUBA @DRaisinHerald @Umair Nawaz @Alienoz_TR @Oublious @Sage @DV RULES @farhan_9909 @SipahSalar @WebMaster @azzo @Arsalan @Azad-Kashmiri @AZADPAKISTAN2009 @Psychic

@flamer84 @C130 @xenon54 @Koovie
As per Islamic theology, there are three options a Muslim should offer people of the book (Christians and Jews (some even include Zoroastrians))
1. Ask the kafir to submit to Islam and become a Muslim.
2. If the kafir doesn't accept the first option, make him a dhimmi and force him to pay the jiziya tax with submission and humiliation.
3. If the kafir doesn't accept options 1 or 2, the Muslim should wage jihad against him until he is martyred or the kafir accepts options 1 or 2.

There are only two options a Muslim can offer all other pagans and non-Muslims
2. If the kafir doesn't accept options 1, the Muslim should wage jihad against him until the Muslim is martyred or the kafir submits to Islam.
There is no option of dhimmitude for non-Muslims, who are not Christians or Jews.

A true Muslim is not allowed to be friends with a non-Muslim. In an Islamic state, a non-Muslim can only be dhimmi or a slave. Muslims living in a place where non-Muslims are dominant, they are only allowed to pretend to be friendly to the non-Muslims, until Muslims become dominant.

As per Islamic theology, there are three options a Muslim should offer people of the book (Christians and Jews (some even include Zoroastrians))
2. If the kafir doesn't accept the first option, make him a dhimmi and force him to pay the jiziya tax with submission and humiliation.
3. If the kafir doesn't accept options 1 or 2, the Muslim should wage jihad against him until he is martyred or the kafir accepts options 1 or 2.

2. If the kafir doesn't accept options 1, the Muslim should wage jihad against him until the Muslim is martyred or the kafir submits to Islam.
There is no option of dhimmitude for non-Muslims, who are not Christians or Jews.

A true Muslim is not allowed to be friends with a non-Muslim. In an Islamic state, a non-Muslim can only be dhimmi or a slave. Muslims living in a place where non-Muslims are dominant, they are only allowed to pretend to be friendly to the non-Muslims, until Muslims become dominant.
Indians are the second most populated country on this planet and they were ruled by Muslims for centuries so how come you Hindus guys are still alive for not accepting option 1 or 2 ..

Do you even have slight clue of jaziya tax?

Why Jizyah? And how much are the taxes for both Muslims and non-Muslims?

The Muslims have to pay taxes (which is 2.5 percent of their annual income) under the name of "Zakah" to the "Muslim Financial Institute" or the "House of the Muslim Money" which all goes to provide welfare to the poor and the needy citizens; from both Muslims and non-Muslims. The poor and the needy (such as the Orphans, Widows and the disabled) from the Muslims are exempt from paying taxes.

The non-Muslims have to pay a varrying amount under the name of "Jizyah", depending on their situation, which is taxes that don't go to help poor and needy Muslims, but instead, it goes to the government to (1) Provide protection for them since they are a minority; (2) Provide means for them to practice their religions freely by building Temples or Churches for them.

As I mentioned above for the non-Muslims, there are exemptions for the poor, for females and children (according to Abu Hanifah), for slaves, and for monks and hermits.

who tells you all that Bullshit?

who tells you all that Bullshit?

Don't pretend you Muslim, just reveal your true self for ***** like @Azizam , they are geniuses who know more about your religion than you, (I don't know if they know, we are also taught that we can cut open a Buddhist and eat him alive) etc just be yourself, in your true form :devil:

opened this thread to tell non-muslims & islamophobes on PDF abt the islamic principles with regard to treating non-muslims well . History is testimony to the fact that muslims gave far more rights to non-muslims throughout history than what muslim have in the non-muslim world

After going through what you have posted (pasted below) it would have been better had you not created this thread for it validates the worst fears & concerns most non muslims have.

Firstly , non-muslims in their festivals , celebrate their kufr & shirk i.e associating partners with Allah (swt) , which is the greatest sin that puts a person beyond the pale of islam and is the major difference between muslims & non-muslims. Festivals are the matter of religion and beliefs . SO i don't see how u expect a muslim to partake in your festivals like holi and Christmas.

I dont know what words like Kufr & shrik mean nor shall I waste my time googling for them. It would be appreciated if you could use words the rest of the world can understand or give their meanings in brackets. Festivals are also indicative of happiness & are linked to seasons , harvest , movement of the moon etc which are universal. I cannot understand how someone cannot feel happy if a fellow human is feeling happy .

Next , Muslims do join &celebrate festivals like Holi, Diwali & Christmas in India. Does this make them any lesser muslims ? I see they also perform the Haj

Secondly , partaking in non-muslim festivals involve imitating them which is forbidden. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) used to say: “Avoid the enemies of Allaah during their festivals.”

Refer part underlined.

Muslims were western clothes. Doesnt this amount to imitating ?

No comments on the part in bold above. Dont want to start a religious war.

How am I an ' enemy ' of Allah just because I follow another faith ?!!

Thirdly , it implies that the muslim is approving of the sin & transgression committed by non-muslims and kind of co-operating with them in falsehood.

Are these your interpretations ?

This presupposes that non muslims commit sin. Here lies the root of the problem the world sees & fears. How is my festival a falsehood & yours okay ?

Non-muslim festivals also include valentines day , thanksgiving and innovated occasions like mothers day etc etc.

Why ?

This too amounts to what you have written in " thirdly' above. Valentines day has no islamic connotations. In fact it goes against the basic teaching of an unmarried male & female interacting outside marriage !! Doesnt it ?

@Horus

You may like to peruse this thread.

If it is felt that red lines are being crossed, kindly close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom