What's new

Dubai police arrest ‘shock video’ uploader

It saddens me, just one and a half decade ago you were the most cultured and educated of all the middle east and beyond. I loved your people, their kindness. Inshallah all will be better soon. You are not just a nation but a great civilization, just like the Persian, the Turks and us. Few decades here and there in the history of civilizations are nothing but a footnote when histories are compiled. If I have hope for one nation in the ME, it's you people. Don't let petty differences amongst your people destroy your culture, you should be proud of every little detail of it.

One day Inshallah, if I ever own dwelling in any Arab country, it will be Iraq. I don't know why, but you people click with my nature...

I agree, Iraqis are very charming people, even though we had a 8 year war with each other, but I do not feel anything toward them except kindness.They deserve much more than this.Among all Arab countries, it's Iraqis, Syrians and Egyptians that I have the most respect for.

@Hyperion you must be high fo shizzle, Emiratis are the most civilized of arabs, and all that praise for saudis is undue as from my experience in umrah they were *not very nice* I won't say anything bad about anyone though

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, just minus the Egyptians... they are rude and mostly ignorant. I respect wits and brains, I have absolutely no sympathy for nations that have a great learning curve to master before they can join the rest of civilization. I have dealt with hundreds upon hundreds of Egyptians, they are seemingly innocuous, however, stupidity or lack if intellect is a great cost to rest of humanity.

I agree, Iraqis are very charming people, even though we had a 8 year war with each other, but I do not feel anything toward them except kindness.They deserve much more than this.Among all Arab countries, it's Iraqis, Syrians and Egyptians that I have the most respect for.

I know the benefits of a national in some GCC lands, but what do you mean about the Netherlands.
Here there is no difference between a real Dutch guy or me wih a Dutch passport. Ofc there is some racism here and there but both are treated equal, like in the US. its 1 of the major things which made the EU/US succesful, theres no such thing as a foreigner in America if they have the passport as there is no real American anymore besides the native Americans. The whites are from EU and the blacks from Africa, though everyone knows this. EU has the same system except that they are native here unlike in the US.

I know there were problems, just like in Turkey today, though we both know that for foreigners law is more equal in Turkey then in Kuwait for example.
A Yemeni person told me that he opened his shop in the US instead of the GCC cause laws are unfair there, if laws become 100% equal in the GCC it will be better for the country, though not better for the locals since they will have to work hard and will not get money for no reason.

What do you mean a "real Dutch guy" and you? I am talking about nationals and non-nationals. You probably do know that there are non-nationals living in Netherlands, right? At least there are here in Denmark and most of the EU countries.

I am talking about laws. As a non-national in most EU countries you cannot vote, own or buy land and you don't enjoy the same protection from the state as nationals. Those rules are universal more or less.

Racism in Netherlands is quite big from what I hear. Just look at that Gilders guy. It just does not happen in the open because obvious racist laws or actions would go against the "perfect democratic system" that some of the Western Europeans like to brag about. They solve such "problems" by other means at least in Denmark. By making point systems for immigrants, laws about how long you need to live in Denmark before you can marry a person from your country or from another foreign country etc.

Well, a Emirati national of Emirati Arab ancestry or an Emirati national of Yemeni Arab ancestry enjoy the same rights since they are both nationals. Could giver other examples.

I don't know the slightest about the laws in Turkey but I know that Kurds have complained about Turks for decades if not centuries and faced big discrimination. Their track record is not perfect either in relation to the treatment of non-Turks. I think you know all about this already.

Are there Yemenis in Netherlands? Nice. Well, it is easier to obtain American citizenship than the UAE one and USA has a much bigger tradition of immigrants since all are basically immigrants after killing nearly all of the locals.

It is not in the interest of the rulers or locals to give citizenships left and right since they would be heavily outnumbered and most of the workers are only staying for a few years at most. So why give them citizenships? Also the less citizens the bigger the cake will be for the average person. Less people to share the wealth.

Anyway I am not from the UAE and I like the country and rulers and one of my sisters is married with a Emirati and I have only positives to say. But if I was a local I would not like the fact that my country was 85% foreign.

Also I struggle to see why we Arabs should care what some internet persons are saying about our people and countries especially foreigners and people who are largely ignorants about our beautiful and ancient Arab world and have probably not visited more than a few Arab countries for a short time or none at all. But it is nice to know that so many foreigners are still obsessed about us Arabs and Semitic people. If it is not Arabs then it is Jews.

Nope, newer kids are just fine... trust me, I don't speak from one-off experience, I have been in prolonged contact and I can see marked difference... obviously the "old guard" and the retarded muttawas and all that will still remain for one more generation, however, they new generation has started to question everything they have been force fed.... you can in one way call it renaissance... by my estimate will take at least two more decades... however... I'm willing to wait...

On the other hand, I haven't forgotten their role in destruction of Pakistan. For that, they will pay. One way or the other...

@Hyperion you must be high fo shizzle, Emiratis are the most civilized of arabs, and all that praise for saudis is undue as from my experience in umrah they were *not very nice* I won't say anything bad about anyone though

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean a "real Dutch guy" and you? I am talking about nationals and non-nationals. You probably do know that there are non-nationals living in Netherlands, right? At least there are here in Denmark and most of the EU countries.

I am talking about laws. As a non-national in most EU countries you cannot vote, own or buy land and you don't enjoy the same protection from the state as nationals. Those rules are universal more or less.

Racism in Netherlands is quite big from what I hear. Just look at that Gilders guy. It just happens in the open because obvious racist laws or actions would go against the "perfect democratic system" that some of the Western Europeans like to brag about. They solve such "problems" by other means at least in Denmark. By making point systems for immigrants, laws about how long you need to live in Denmark before you can marry a person from your country or another foreign country etc.

Well, a Emirati national of Emirati Arab ancestry or an Emirati national of Yemeni Arab ancestry enjoy the same rights since they are both nationals. Could giver other examples.

I don't know the slightest about the laws in Turkey but I know that Kurds have complained about Turks for decades if not centuries and faced big discrimination. Their track record is not perfect either in relation to the treatment of non-Turks. I think you know all about this already.

Are there Yemenis in Netherlands. Nice. Well, it is easier to obtain American citizenship than the UAE one and USA have a much bigger tradition of immigrants since all are basically immigrants after killing nearly all of the locals.

It is not in the interest of the rulers or locals to give citizenships left and right since they would be heavily outnumbered and most of the workers are only staying for a few years at most. So why give them citizenships? Also the less citizens the bigger the cake will be for the average person. Less people to share the wealth.

Anyway I am not from the UAE and I like the country and rulers and one of my sisters is married with a Emirati and I have only positives to say. But if I was a local I would not like the fact that my country was 85% foreign.

Also I struggle to see why we Arabs should care what some internet persons are saying about our people and countries especially foreigners and people who are largely ignorants about our beautiful and ancient Arab world and have probably not visited more than a few Arab countries for a short time or none at all. But it is nice to know that so many foreigners are still obsessed about us Arabs and Semitic people. If it is not Arabs then it is Jews.

Nationals and non nationals I mean, I am a national but I am not Dutch, though theres no such advantage of having this nationality as some GCC countries.
Theres some racism, but depends on what area you live in, its not such a big problem, atleast where I am..
Anyway their economy is not growing, its shrinking, not sure what will happen with this country.

Kurds are seperatists, we know how fascistic some regimes can be when dealing with seperatists, especially the baath party, Turkey faced the same following Ataturk ideology.

Nationals and non nationals I mean, I am a national but I am not Dutch, though theres no such advantage of having this nationality as some GCC countries.
Theres some racism, but depends on what area you live in, its not such a big problem, atleast where I am..
Anyway their economy is not growing, its shrinking, not sure what will happen with this country.

Kurds are seperatists, we know how fascistic some regimes can be when dealing with seperatists, especially the baath party, Turkey faced the same following Ataturk ideology.

Yes, you are a NATIONAL = citizen. I was ONLY talking about NON-NATIONALS = non-citizens.
The difference between UAE and Netherlands is that the first does not give citizenship left and right which I personally support. While Netherlands used to invite immigrants from all over the world for cheap labour and they later settled and received citizenships. Or war refugees or political immigrants. Or immigrants from the former Dutch colonies such as Suriname, Indonesia etc who when they were part of Netherlands were considered formal nationals.

Yes, a national of Netherlands has the advantages I mentioned over a non-national living in the Netherlands like all over the world basically.

Is Dutch racism on the rise? < Expats Amsterdam | Expatica The Netherlands

Two Kinds of anti-Muslim Racism in the Netherlands (Wertheim) | Informed Comment

The same that will happen with every single Western European country. Decrease in everything. Their fertility rates are only surviving because of foreigners. They will only increase.

I was not only talking about that but during the Ottomans especially. Ask the Armenians for example. Or Assyrians. Anyway those are just examples. What kind of history in comparison do people from Kuwait or UAE have? Besides the slave trade? Nothing really. Historically those people were always tolerating outsiders. A country that has welcomed so many foreigners must tolerate the vast majority of them. Otherwise they would not be there. If the UAE really wanted then they could depart a large percentage of the foreign population.

The point is that every country and people have their faults some more than others. In that regard then I don't think that Kuwaitis or Emaratis are bad rather the opposite when we compare with their neighbors.

Anyway nice talk. Let us end it here since we are going off-topic.

That's fine lesson to Indians but when it come to Pakistani, we will not tolerate....

Racism in Netherlands is quite big from what I hear. Just look at that Gilders guy. It just does not happen in the open because obvious racist laws or actions would go against the "perfect democratic system" that some of the Western Europeans like to brag about. They solve such "problems" by other means at least in Denmark. By making point systems for immigrants, laws about how long you need to live in Denmark before you can marry a person from your country or from another foreign country etc.

Are there Yemenis in Netherlands? Nice. Well, it is easier to obtain American citizenship than the UAE one and USA has a much bigger tradition of immigrants since all are basically immigrants after killing nearly all of the locals.

We treat everybody the same as long as they are not supporting terrorism etc. We have more than a million people of Bosnian, Albanian , Macedonian, circassian, chechen and other ancestries who never complained who are just like Turks/natives, and anyone who ever comes to work /business will know how they are treated.

It's the guys fault for not responding as he don't respond the other man carries on, one direct blow to his wind pipe and he'll be growling on the floor.

This is modern slavery....pathetic....just pathetic!

The Emarati guy is arrested and will be prosecuted. However, his family sued the uploaded for defamation, and that's why he is arrested. BTW, you can trust UAE judicial system.

Soon Arab apologists will throng to this thread and delver a very old message "their country, their rules"

This is precisely why I love having fun with Gulfees when they visit Turkey... It's absolutely such an amazing feeling..... :D

Read my previous comment big mouth.

Soon Arab apologists will throng to this thread and delver a very old message "their country, their rules"

This is precisely why I love having fun with Gulfees when they visit Turkey... It's absolutely such an amazing feeling..... :D

Actually no, they've arrested the Emirati first as hitting people WAS against the law of the land.

The point about the uploader was raised by the defence lawyer in a bid to disqualify the video as a piece of evidence since filming people without consent AND sharing it is against the law in the UAE. If he would have given it to the police, it would have been a different thing, but he just uploaded it on Facebook.

He broke the law, an arrest was mandated

Says the guy who makes false assumptions about Iranians/foreigners.

inb4 your ignorant arse claiming on how I am just a Kazakh nomad and other nonsense....

Laws are never equal and should not be between nationals and non-nationals.

Tell me you did not say that ?

Either you can apologize and take that statement back, OR you can
break accord with the man who did just one Hajj in his life and in his last speech told the world that
NO black is above white and no White is above black, no ARAB is better than Ajami and no Ajami is better than Arab.

It is as simple as that. Either you admit your mistake or you say that the man who made that speech was wrong and you have nothing to do with him.

Oh Please ... it is very very difficult to defend what you wrote.

I would act the same if an authority in Iran did such thing to me. I get boiled easily with these acts. I have never seen an authority or police in Iran physically assaulting anyone because he/she is an immigrant or from another race.
Iran's police is no angel indeed, but they are not racists.
Besides, we are not speaking only about police, it's about a society that is indifferent and even praises such acts.
Spare me this please, out of my experience, I have to say Iranians are the most racist people in the ME.

Back
Top Bottom